It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again, please pay attention.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamonddave

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Once again I am looking at a smiley face moon and I ain't smiling. This has been going on since at least May of last year and it is not normal. Need proof..............
www.moonconnection.com...
That link shows moon phases for the entire month in the Northern hemisphere, there are other links that show the EXACT same thing. Do any of those dates show a crescent on the bottom of the moon? Think about it.
Don't even waste my time with the usual "you just never noticed before" nonsense, I have noticed, and what I've noticed is people who say this are full of sh*t.
Pull up a moon phase calendar from a reputable source, better yet go to the library and find a book on the subject, the crescent will be on the left or the right.
Wake up people.
Hi i don't comment on here very often but i would just like to add to this post . I live in British Columbia Canada, I was reading this post about the way the moon looks so i thought i would go outside to take a look and see what all the fuss was about. well to my surprise i look up at the sky ( nice clear night here ) and found the moon wasn't where i left it lol . I am not by any measure a expert on the moon but one thing i do know is where in the sky it should be, also i can't remember a time were the crescent was on the bottom

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

And I commend you on being firm in your stance. I can appreciate the fact that you've noted this phenomenon because of its apparent increase based on people's observations, because that's exactly the reasoning I use to justify my belief that the animal deaths of this year were (and still are) significant and worth looking into. It may be circumstantial in many cases, but there's no denying the powers of observation. Especially if it's something subtle, like the crescent moon - for instance, what if it's not the tilted crescent that's abnormal but the fact that it's pointing directly upward? I have found many instances where the crescent is significantly tilted (there's that phrase again
), but, as far as I can recall right now, the only example of a crescent pointing directly upward is that of what's called Earthshine, which is a distinct phenomenon. So, I think, the fact that it's pointing directly upward should be researched more. But, we should do it scientifically, taking all possibilities into account, and not just the fact that people think it's unusual, because it may not be unusual at all. But, then again, very well may be.
I hope you understand, my strong opposition comes mainly from an urge to be the devil's advocate...to attempt to prove you wrong as thoroughly as possible so that, if your argument still stands, we can safely say that this is, in fact, something to take note of. If my arguments fail, then I am more than willing to concede that this is possibly something new and unusual. If you arguments fail, I expect you to concede that this is a natural occurrence. At least, until the next batch of evidence comes around, when the discussion is had all over again. 'Tis the only way to the truth

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Big differance here.. One can easily get a model of the earth moon system and a lamp and replicate what we are seeing. Hard to replicate mass animal deaths across the world.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I have lived in a section of Canada my entire life. I went to the Turks and Caicos last January and saw what I called a "Carribbean Moon". It is exactly as you described...like the cheshire cat's smile. I have never seen a moon like that in Canada before. Maybe I never noticed, but you would think that after all this time I would have seen something like that before...I really noticed when I was abroad and that is why it stuck with me.

If you are in Eastern Canada you should see what I am seeing.
Second line.

I am in Saskatchewan, it is a bit to the right...but still I haven't seen anything like this in my memory.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

This started in May 2010 when I, and several others, saw the crescent at the extreme bottom of the moon. Since then it has happened several times and it is becoming more frequent. The first time I saw it I was really kind of shocked, when a 76 year old co-worker mentioned it the next day I became very curious and did some research learning about earthshine, wet moons, waxing and waning etc.
I honestly hope this is not an omen of some sort but my eyes and my instincts tell me something is wrong here.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Does it look like this at all?

That was taken in March 2010, so it's not an attempt to disprove your claim that this is unusual...I just wanna get a feel for how it looks.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I can see the Moon right now, I'm in Los Angeles Ca, it's 8:30 PM, it looks exactly like the OP says.

I have lived in La and the Inland Empire since 1967, and I dont remember seeing the Moon look like that, There was only one other time that I saw it, My 10 yr old daughter pointed it out, it was a couple of months ago, I think.

There sure are some strange things going on above us, especially since the New Year.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
After researching a bit, I found this, from 2004:

Why does the crescent moon look like a grin?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker
I can see the Moon right now, I'm in Los Angeles Ca, it's 8:30 PM, it looks exactly like the OP says.

I have lived in La and the Inland Empire since 1967, and I dont remember seeing the Moon look like that, There was only one other time that I saw it, My 10 yr old daughter pointed it out, it was a couple of months ago, I think.

There sure are some strange things going on above us, especially since the New Year.

Can you get a picture of it?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I can't find it in the sky now, but this is almost exactly what it looked like.
I hope I got the the pic in ok, if not, just go to my profile, you can see it there.

[img]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d16202afca38.jpg[/atsimg[/img]

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

So, kinda like this?

That's a photo of earthshine, by the way, before anyone accuses me of "leading the witness".
If the crescent was the only part of the moon visible, then it wasn't earthshine. So, was the crescent the only thing visible, or was the whole moon dimly visible above the bright crescent?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I remembered something from 2008 I read about. An unusual moon phenomena with Jupiter nearby. It just fits with what people are saying about the moon.

2008 Moon Smiling on the world with Jupiter Nearby

The next visible Venus-Jupiter conjunction will be on the evening of March 14, 2012, but the two planets will appear farther apart in the sky.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Attrei because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I thank you. Your thread made me stop, think really hard about what I saw, and then it hit me...you are absolutely right. It hit me like an "oh yeah!" Moment, and to be honest I heard about the crescent along the bottom of the moon recently and wanted to see it. I just joined this discussion so I have to go back and read the posts but anyone know what might cause this, exactly?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Once again I am looking at a smiley face moon and I ain't smiling. This has been going on since at least May of last year and it is not normal. Need proof..............
www.moonconnection.com...
That link shows moon phases for the entire month in the Northern hemisphere, there are other links that show the EXACT same thing. Do any of those dates show a crescent on the bottom of the moon? Think about it.
Don't even waste my time with the usual "you just never noticed before" nonsense, I have noticed, and what I've noticed is people who say this are full of sh*t.
Pull up a moon phase calendar from a reputable source, better yet go to the library and find a book on the subject, the crescent will be on the left or the right.
Wake up people.

Wow cool so my wife and I AREN'T the only ones that has thought "Gee...hey babe this might sound weird but...do you ever seem to remember the crescent moon where instead of it being on the left or right side it is on the BOTTOM?!?!". Now this is weird...there are others that seem to have never recalled seeing it from the bottom before?!? I mean I even jumped on google images to see if there were photos of such a moon and sure enough there are....so we just wrote it off as being one of those "Hum...guess we just never really paid much attention to the phases of the moon most of our adult life as it clearly has been seen being on the bottom before"

So what gives...is this actually not right or what? Thanks....cause yea we noticed it also for the first time like a few weeks ago

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

If you'll notice, EVERY moon on that site is facing either left or right. It's not a moon phase and orientation site, it's just a phase site. If you do even a quick Google Image search, you're sure to find pictures of crescent moons pointing up from past years... I just did.
No matter what you think you've seen, or haven't seen, before, it's really nothing new.

haha,
Absolutely.
Glad someone said it. lol

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This is what's happening gang. I took the time to take some screenshots.

I suggest, If you have not done so, to download Stellarium. I got it recently and find it infinitely fascinating.

www.stellarium.org

Here is just before sunset in Berkeley CA on the 7th.

It should be self explanatory.

I then zoomed in on Luna.

She's smiling

I don't know what else to say except it all depends on where the Moon is in relationship with the Sun, right?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
There was nothing unusual last night with the moon here in Montana. It laid open perfectly like a chalice. I've been doing a lot of stargazing the past few weeks.

The one thing that HAS been a little off is the sun. The energy too.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ok... I'm really confused about something.

So the moon has a crescent on the bottom side, and people are thinking something strange is going on? Did I get that right?

This is nothing new, this has been going on for a loooong time. Just because you don't remember seeing it doesn't change that fact.

So why is this even up for discussion? What are you trying to say? All of the people that have seen, photographed, and talked about this in the past are lying? I'm really not getting this....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hey guys I just found out about something...

There is is place called yellowstone in Montana. There are bodies of water that are HOT (yes you heard that right, water on the ground that's hot not cold!)

Not only that, but some are colored very strangely! Blues, yellows, reds, etc.

This is clear evidence of something odd going on. I have never seen this before, and don't try to tell me "oh that's been happening for awhile" because I know you are just a disinfo agent. I know for a fact that groundwater is never HOT and never ever multi colored like it has been appearing in yellowstone over the last couple months.... this is new stuff people. TPTB won't tell you about this, but I will.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Just for giggles...

Taken two nights ago by me, a perfectly normal moon.

edit on 8-3-2011 by pazcat because: grand omega boss

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join