It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again, please pay attention.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Once again I am looking at a smiley face moon and I ain't smiling. This has been going on since at least May of last year and it is not normal. Need proof..............
www.moonconnection.com...
That link shows moon phases for the entire month in the Northern hemisphere, there are other links that show the EXACT same thing. Do any of those dates show a crescent on the bottom of the moon? Think about it.
Don't even waste my time with the usual "you just never noticed before" nonsense, I have noticed, and what I've noticed is people who say this are full of sh*t.
Pull up a moon phase calendar from a reputable source, better yet go to the library and find a book on the subject, the crescent will be on the left or the right.
Wake up people.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Hey I'm in the northeast US, and the moon was incredibly beautiful tonight but ya, I don't remember ever seeing the crescent like that before.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If you'll notice, EVERY moon on that site is facing either left or right. It's not a moon phase and orientation site, it's just a phase site. If you do even a quick Google Image search, you're sure to find pictures of crescent moons pointing up from past years... I just did.
No matter what you think you've seen, or haven't seen, before, it's really nothing new.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Can't wait to see the pics you are providing.
2nd line
3rd line
4th line

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Funny, I noticed that too on the way home tonight. I remember thinking that's odd it looks like the crescent had slipped down.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

No matter what you think you've seen, or haven't seen, before, it's really nothing new.

Indeed, it happens during every equinox and the angle of the crescent is largely based on your latitudinal orientation on the planet.

Here is a relatively well spoken explaination: wiki.answers.com...

I just went out and took a look myself.. It is sitting quite lovely in the western sky right now.
edit on 3-7-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I have lived in a section of Canada my entire life. I went to the Turks and Caicos last January and saw what I called a "Carribbean Moon". It is exactly as you described...like the cheshire cat's smile. I have never seen a moon like that in Canada before. Maybe I never noticed, but you would think that after all this time I would have seen something like that before...I really noticed when I was abroad and that is why it stuck with me.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm not saying it is wrong or isn't wrong....from an observational standpoint though, the moon is as described in the OP and I have never seen it like that either. I have lived in this area for 13 years and on the same lattitude all of my life. I am in Upstate NY.
I don't know if it is supposed to change in that manner, or quite so dramatically from one position to another without any kind of slow progression, in that it would be so noticable as moving from one position to the other during a new moon. Anybody know the answer to this question?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Exactly. And, in case anyone still insists this hasn't happened before (like I see they have)...

7 April 2009

10 April 2008 - southern Utah

20 April 2007 - Toronto, Canada

4 December 2008 - Botswana

1 December 2008 - Brighton, England

3 December 2008 - Virginia

Should I go on?
edit on 7-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by rogerstigers

Exactly. And, in case anyone still insists this hasn't happened before (like I see they have)...

7 April 2009

10 April 2008 - southern Utah

20 April 2007 - Toronto, Canada

4 December 2008 - Botswana

1 December 2008 - Brighton, England

3 December 2008 - Virginia

Should I go on?
edit on 7-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

just a few more will do then i will believe you

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Well, I guess you cleared that up. Now we can all calm down, and live another day.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Heading outside right now.
second line.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
And the moon for North Carolina on 3/7/2011 should look lik this:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
OK. I'm convinced.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

ok i am convinced thanks

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I've seen this quite a few times in my life. My grandmother used to say that when it was like that, it was full of water. I have no clue if heavy rain followed, though. Maybe the "lefthand crescent" vs "righthand" is just a matter of typesetting. I've never seen- on paper or in real life...or ever even mention of, one that was in the position of "a hat".

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm not! I call camera tilts on almost every one of these pictures! The moon with a light post in it I can believe. You have to have horizon, or a stationary object to prove a strait on photo. Also look to the face on the moon. I call it a dragon head because that's what it looks like to me. The dragon head is tilted or turned in most of these photos.

nice try though. I think I may have to look to see if the light post was photo-shopped in or if the moon was.

I think the case is still open BIG TIME!

I've looked to the moon many nights and have never seen it like it was last night! I'm in Canada by the way!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Funny, I noticed that too on the way home tonight. I remember thinking that's odd it looks like the crescent had slipped down.

Because it was unusual you took notice, if it was normal you most certainly would not have remembered the moment. I no longer look twice when a crescent is on the side, THAT is normal.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I love this kind of thread.

It's your own personal "Eureka" moment. Happens when we get first hand experience that doesn't quite jive with our book learning.

I'm at 46 degrees North, and the moon does this in winter. Consider it as holding water. In April it will dump the water out...April showers...May flowers, giving the flowers causes...June weddings....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join