It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP, stuck in a beurocratic revolving door

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My building recently burned, and i lost my personal info, so....

I need my drivers license, but to get that i need a social security card, and to get that i need a birth certificate, and to get that i need a drivers license.

any suggestions

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
My building recently burned, and i lost my personal info, so....

I need my drivers license, but to get that i need a social security card, and to get that i need a birth certificate, and to get that i need a drivers license.

any suggestions

Simply obtain a lawyer and your issues are done.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

what will a lawyer do?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Why, he'll issue a birth certificate, driver's license, and social security card. Wasn't that perfectly clear?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Call your local office of Vital Statistics, and see what your options are. Your parent/s can request a copy of your birth certificate, and give you a good start on it though.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I didn't want any form of ID and made it til I was 28 before I got any. (bought a motorcyle so I had to)
What I used to do was I would go to a justice of the peace,raise my hand and give my name,address,date of birth etc.
Affidavits would get me a bank account with no ID.
You swear that its true and you get a piece of paper from a justice of the peace.
Worked for me til I was 28 years old.
Good luck

This is free...lawyers are expensive.

edit on 8-3-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
thanks all....got my id today...let the healing begin

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

How did you end up doing it, (to help others in the same situation)?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i was lucky enough to dig through the rubble of the fire and found my half burned wallet, with a half burned ID, which they accepted. So, unfortunately this probably won't be a help to others

I used a power word technique, by repeating the word REACH...and thinking about where the wallet was the night before i looked, i was able to come within about 18 inches of where the wallet was.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Thanks. For any others, I'd recommend contacting Vital Statistics (the earlier in the day, the better, as with most government offices).

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by Gazrok

i was lucky enough to dig through the rubble of the fire and found my half burned wallet, with a half burned ID, which they accepted. So, unfortunately this probably won't be a help to others

I used a power word technique, by repeating the word REACH...and thinking about where the wallet was the night before i looked, i was able to come within about 18 inches of where the wallet was.

Hey, I like that! I've heard of this (or maybe a similar) technique before, but it just neve registered until now. I have to try that the next time I've lost something.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

it was amazing......there are other words, for fortune, health, ....you name it!!

new topics

top topics

join