It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of people thinking the United States is not going to continue as a SuperPower

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

I get what you are saying but in my oppinion you make a big mistake in assuming that all the things you amerikans have (despite private property) realy belong to you and that anyone of your (shadow) government would give a # about you common amerikans.

It´s like I would say that Daimler Benz, VW, or BMW would care anything about germany likewise ...these are international companies and see themself not responsible for the country they originatet from and would give a # about anything happening in germany - just like ANY government in my oppinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Prof, most folks haven't read Sun Tzu's Art of War.

Prohibit the taking of omens, and do away with superstitious doubts. Then, until death itself comes, no calamity need be feared. Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

link

The problem with all of these predictions of the imminent collapse, is that these people failed to study strategy.
I assure you, those in control have studied it diligently.

The strongest warrior is one who chooses to appear weak when they are not.

while there is a high probability that TCOTBIP are in possession of Monstous WMD's that are being kept in reserve in case of a "day of reckoning" scenario, i suspect you are suffering from a similar delusion as op with respect to this subject. all empires crumble.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The problem with this is that the Roman Empire never collapsed in actuality.
It merely took on new shapes and forms to adjust to shifting environments.

We today are merely the extension of that Empire, and it's greatest strength is that we do not even believe it exists.

You cannot defeat an enemy you do not believe is even there...

while in a sense true, you are actually referring to a system that originated in Mesopotamia and was perfected by the Egyptians.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

You may be suspecting this incorrectly. (?)

For a more in depth philosophical debate, which relates directly to this subject, please review this thread and the idealogical discourse within it.

You may be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

while in a sense true, you are actually referring to a system that originated in Mesopotamia and was perfected by the Egyptians.

Yes, but we can go back further and further into antiquity to the dawn of our present civilization.

And in some aspects, we could even argue possibly that this is a continuation of prior antediluvian civilizations, however that is a deep and complex subject that will have us running in circles and possibly derailing the thread. There are tons of threads which go into the subject you refer to in much depth.

I highly suggest anyone interested to look into it. It's a great topic.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

You may be suspecting this incorrectly. (?)

For a more in depth philosophical debate, which relates directly to this subject, please review this thread and the idealogical discourse within it.

You may be pleasantly surprised.

nice thread

We are all brainwashed into thinking that these "positions of power" actually exist. But they do not exist, they are mere illusions. The proof that power is an illusion, is that people think Mubarak has to "step down", this is totally untrue. He was clearly ousted by the revolt. However, since the People still "believe" him to be President, than they are fooled into thinking he has some type of power. No one has to listen to him. He can say he is President all day but if no one listens, it loses any real meaning. Did Mubarak really have any power in the first place? Only 1 power, the power over our minds.

what does it have to do with the collapse of the american empire being a feigned weakness, as you seem to imply?

as for me i woke up from the dream of empire along time ago.

please elaborate as i suspect the brevity of your reply may have something to do with not seeing your point

ps there is a difference between Power=potentia and authority/dominion=imperium. knowing the difference is half the game

edit on 6-3-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

We have incredible control of other governments in the world. What other country has so many military bases in so many countries.

what do you mean by "we" caucasoid?

do you mean we the people?

how naive. you don't own jack, you are owned, bought,paid for and sold by your masters, long before you were born.

or is it "we" the imperialist-warmongering-ruling class?

if so, hasn't anybody told you it's impolite to play with your pud in public?

We have an incredible infrastructure.

The Fabulous Ruins of Detroit www.detroityes.com...

The 10 Pieces of U.S. Infrastructure We Must Fix Now

www.popularmechanics.com...

americas-crumbling-infrastructure theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

Everything Is Falling Apart: 20 Facts That You Will Not Want To Read If You Still Want To Feel Good About America’s Decaying Infrastructure theeconomiccollapseblog.com... mericas-decaying-infrastructure

We could make and produce everything that is needed to sustain ourselves without having trading partners.

1-then take your ball and leave the playground
2-sure pardner, when's the last time an "american" won the spelling bee?

I just live here, I do not control it and I think it is ignorant of people to hate me for being American. Then they turn around and say that the elite really control the world and America is just an illusion and they own me. But this is about the USA falling into the Roman ruins of the past and not jealousy.. or is it?

Let me clear up some assumptions you have made. 1. I am not happy with what is happening in the USA. 2. I am not happy with our preemptive military strikes. 3. I am glad that so many people around the world are waking up and wanting to have democracies. 4. I hope we someday pull out from all of these countries.

But saying that the truth is what the truth is.

The USA influences every country in some form or fashion. That is my point. Do not under estimate what we already have. Do not forget about HOLLYWOOD. We influence so much it is crazy.

Yes, Detroit is falling apart. Why? Was it only because America is not making cars anymore or is it partially because people are moving farther south to get warmer weather and get away from unions. There is a Mercedes Plant in Alabama, a BMW plant in South Carolina, a Kia plant in Georgia. Detroit was built a long time ago and was designed to be relevant for a different time period. It is a global economy and I think it is great that other countries make cars in the US. GM is selling more cars in China this coming year then they will in the US. That is what a free market is all about. Detroit is the exception and not the rule. I live in Charleston, SC and it is doing just fine, even in this economy. I would say most desirable to live in cities are the same.

You can look at any global change and see the bad side of things. That is what fear will do to you. I think that it will all work itself out for the best. But stop saying that America is going to fall apart and we will all be fighting each other in the streets for food that is too expensive. We have plenty of wheat and corn, even if it is genetically modified, and the infrastructure to deliver it effectively (by rail if necessary). We have plenty of water, even if it is fluoridated. Many countries do not even have water that they can drink without worrying about getting sick and dying. Worst case scenario, we lose some of our influence in the world, which may not be a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

Oh i thought you might find this Interesting

Apparently the American government can just collapse like the USSR:

______beforeitsnews/story/463/682/Video_of_the_Day:_Harvard_Prof:_America_Can_Collapse_Like_USSR.html

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by ProfATS

Oh i thought you might find this Interesting

Apparently the American government can just collapse like the USSR:

______beforeitsnews/story/463/682/Video_of_the_Day:_Harvard_Prof:_America_Can_Collapse_Like_USSR.html

Ya.. well you are correct. Since some guy I have never heard says it "COULD" happen then that means it will. Because you know how weak the US is. I mean that is exactly how it happened in Russia! First their Hollywood went.. you know Russia's powerful social media control that they had that promoted free thinking on the form of film..

The Russian version of Hollywood.. then Hawaii went.. you know that tropical island that Russia owned just for the hell of it...where all the Russians went on holiday...then... their New York went.. you know.. Moscow's New York.. because everyone was trading Rubels..and all those tall skyscrapers that Russia's New York is known for..along with their famous central park and great city planning... then.. Russia's Detroit hit the fan.. you know.. Russia's famous city that existed only to produce cars for 100 years..... then Russia's Florida hit the fan.. you remember don't you.. Russia's Disney World.. the monorail and the giant golf ball at Epcot center that taught there people to learn about foreign cultures and not to hate....well.. they had three huge successful cities in that one Russian State...Russian Miami, where all the hot Russian girls went and Russian Art Deco when outta control.. don't you remember the Russian "There is something about Mary".. the Russian Tampa.. just some gravy on the gravy train of cool that Russia owned.. then.. the Russian Orlando.. where they brought huge ocean creatures into the pond for all of there people to see... plus they made that Russian Orange Juice that is famous... then.. you got it.. all the other big large famous cities in Russia went.. Chicago.. were they had the Russian tallest building in the world..

Milwaukee..well.. that was just like Russia..beer and cold.. that motivates people... then St. Louis..where they had the huge famous Russian monument that symbolized Russia's expansion into Siberia and the endearing spirit of freedom in Russia.... Philadelphia.. were they had the Russian Liberty bell... Russia's San Francisco where they had the Russian Golden Gate Bridge.. you remember that big achievement they made over in Russia..that big bridge in Russia.. you have seen it right??? not too mention the Russian art and drug movement that asked the Russian government so openly to end a useless war...... next to go was the Russian Dallas.. home of their super famous Football team.. you know because people had the extra money over their to blow 100 rubels to fill up their Russian football stadiums of 80,000 Russian football fanatics..that is how they roll...

then the Russian Boston, where they named a beer after a famous Russian who wanted to make sure Communism spread around the world, the Russian DC.. or would that be the one of two cities I know of in Russia... Moscow.. don't they have a square there??? then the Russian Atlanta.. where they have that world famous Russian news network that covers the news all around the world and hosted the Olympics....then the Russian Houston, home of the Russian oil profits that was so widely spread amongst its inhabitants, the Russian Phoenix.. where all the Russians go to retire and wear Russia's Hawaii shirts.. then the Russian Seattle... where it rains so much and they recycle.. you heard about it right? Hell and then the Russian Denver.. where they all go skiing..the Russian Yellowstone.. where they so avidly try to preserve nature...don't forget about the Russian Kansas.. and all the other Russian states that produced 40% of the worlds CORN..and who could forget the Russian John Lennon... YA.. you can compare the two countries.. YA.. Russia had so much going for them! The USA is doomed.. lol
edit on 6-3-2011 by ProfATS because: Typo

edit on 7-3-2011 by Gazrok because: Edited by the SPCP (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Paragraphs)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Simple fact...if the US falls, so will China. We're their biggest customer.

It's funny, but this simple fact really prevents any possibility of war with them. They don't want us to fall, because their future is intrinsically linked to ours.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Voting a Communist in for President wasn't the smartest thing to do!

Revolt!....Well I suppose it could be too late.....too many people covering for him!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join