It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of people thinking the United States is not going to continue as a SuperPower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ok.. I know you are thinking that I am some crazy patriotic person that is blinded by the fact that I grew up in the United States and that I must eat High Fructose Corn Syrup by the gallon. That is simply not the case. I love America, or at least the original idea of it, and I think that we will always be a super power. But ignorant people on here want to compare us to the fall of Russia and say the Chinese are going to take us out. First of all... if you live in the United States take a look around. Look at all of the houses with manicured lawns, shopping centers, public parks, new $50,000 cars rolling around, state of the art sports facilities in almost every major city, state of the art mega bridges, natural resources, colleges and universities of higher learning, people willing to pay 6 dollars for a liquor drink at the local bar. Even in a depression so many people are still doing just fine. That never happened in Russia! NEVER! They never even came close to what we have here in the United States! And CHINA.. are you kidding me! So what if we owe them trillions of dollars! Who cares! Possession is 9/10 of ownership. China made us all this stuff and we own it! Plus they are overpopulated to the point that the government has made them have only one child. And guess what most are having boys. How motivated to work hard are they gonna be when they get to be 17 years old and there is 1 girl for every 5 boys. You think we have problems. HA! And besides, without the United States then China fails. Without the United States India fails. Without the United States Europe hurts! We will always be the winner because we are the most free to do what we want and we work hard. You can make people go to a certain career but you cannot force them to like it. Here in the United States we are free to move around and figure out what motivates us the most. How many people in the United States do you know that have a degree in one field but ended up in another field. That does not happen as much in Europe from what I have been told. I am told that if you want to do something in Europe that you have to do an apprenticeship. Flexibility brings the most inspired workers. Yes the Unions are a little out of control, but the free market will correct that problem.

Regardless of all the concerns we all have for paying a little more for gas or our dollars value or homes decreasing in value some we have already won! Look around! We have the best formula for a successful work force, hands down. The US will always want to be emulated, even if it was the US from the 1950's or 1770's.
edit on 6-3-2011 by ProfATS because: changed Russia to India

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I love the fact that this was posted straight after my thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh and dont worry im sure half the Roman Empire never thought they were going to collapse either, so you wouldnt be the first person whos belived in thier beloved superpower only to witness its eventual collapse

edit on 6/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I was just away to say check the thread posted before this

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This was easily one of the most ignorant and misinformed posts I've had the opportunity to read. If no one has properly set you straight by the time I get back, I'll have to give you a quick lesson.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

The whole thing relies on the belief and desire for multitudes of "materialistic" stuff. I think there is a larger amount of people losing faith in the "American Dream" because they are seriously re-evaluating" the priorities and values of their daily lives...

The new generations have an entitled mindset which is a sign of significant progress in "quality of life" from birth to death. However, the consequence is the refusal to accept less than the current quality of life even if it is unsustainable so there is a lot of "unrest" when the quality of life has to be back tracked for whatever reason. You say it hasn't and for the most part I can agree with that, however the THREAT is there and it is real and it is talked about constantly. So there is a perceived threat to the quality of life we have enjoyed for decades, perceived threats are very stressful even if they never come to fruition.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

Well ...I can somehow read the fluoridatet water out of your post ...seems to hurt your brains quite a bit

Like TedHodgson said ...the romans didn´t believe it either but the odds stand against you and if you don´t try to conquer all the territories with recources your country needs to survive you are screwed pretty much... believe it or not... (oh wait... arent you waging war the past few year just because of that? oO)

P.S.: This "We will always be the winner because we are the most free to do what we want and we work hard" I found the most entertaining xD

edit on 6-3-2011 by InDeMioN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

without the United States then China fails. Without the United States India fails. Without the United States Europe hurts!

While I was busy trying to figure out why Russia cannot do without the US, you changed it to India. That makes more sense, Russia is quite self sufficient. I don't know enough about India to know if it would be OK, or why it needs the US. I'm not sure why Europe would hurt either
You should probably explain that point

The only reason I can think of why China would fail without the US, is that the US probably has the most consumers of throw away goods, which is also a contributing factor in why the US is going broke.
China has been raising the wages of their workers over the last year, so more of them will start to consume what they make, making them less reliant on the US.
The US needs to get manufacturing back into the US to fix its problems. Then maybe it'll be OK, after a few years.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
People willfully ignore the blatant fact that China is destroying itself through it's mass industrialization efforts. The levels of pollution in that region are significant and disturbing.

People in those regions are becoming ill in mass quantities, and the situation is escalating.

You cannot become a superpower when your people are dying and you are destroying your natural environment at such an unprecedented rate.

And recent reports indicate that the Chinese government are going to pass very strict water pollution laws, which will force the factories out of the country because it will no longer be profitable to operate them.

Like many other nations, the international corporations are exploiting them and bleeding them dry, and leaving them with some of the most polluted landscapes on Earth.

That is a cycle of destruction, not a rise in power.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

I think you are not seeing the forest for all the trees my friend.

Once you can look past the shiny facade, you will see our once great nation has just become a polished turd.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
"Ignorance is bliss"
Sorry bud, but I have bad news. The US will collapse in the next 2-3 years, period. 1+1=2, we are approaching 100% debt to GDP and countries are dropping the dollar like a hot potato. When that happens, who do you think is going to pay for the 41 cents of every dollar spent that we have to borrow, no one, thats who. Enjoy living in a blissful state until you hit a brick wall doing 80 (figuratively). I encourage you to read more economic forums on this website.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

Russia is the wrong nation to compare us to. Rome and the Wiemar Republic are both much better examples. Like both we will collapse and become a dictatorship. No one hates the idea more than I, but the parallels are to strong and obvious to ignore. Worse, we will not even identify the roots of our problems thanks to liberalism and political correctness, so how can we ever even hope to address them?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

I love America, or at least the original idea of it, and I think that we will always be a super power. But ignorant people on here want to compare us to the fall of Russia and say the Chinese are going to take us out.
Ignorant people huh? Hahaha, yeah, you believe America is like "untouchable", "will never fail", that situation is "impossible", even when the signs of a collapsing nation are all around you. Have you ever done research on the US national debt? I suggest you do.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
OP if you look at history, EVERY empire collapses. It is just not possible for one to stay afloat indefinitely, as we have been witnessing for some time now. I am from the U.S. too, just saying. We may still remain "A" superpower, but not "the" superpower, if even that.

Deebo
edit on 6-3-2011 by Deebo because: To add

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Am I ignorant or am I trying to change your perception with a rant about what we already have. Oh and fluoride in the water is not good. Agree with you there. But that has nothing to do with the USA going into third world status. We have problems here, agreed. But we have tremendous natural resources compared to most countries. We have incredible control of other governments in the world. What other country has so many military bases in so many countries. We have an incredible infrastructure. We could make and produce everything that is needed to sustain ourselves without having trading partners. Not all countries can do that. The reason that we do it is because it is beneficial to us. When it becomes not beneficial to us we could just close off our borders and say peace out. My point is pretty simple. You cannot compare any other countries demise to the United States because we have so much already. Way more than most countries could ever dream of. I am not saying it is not good to conjecture, but it is my opinion that it has gotten out of control. People want to see the US go down because we have so much so they start to compare us to Romans and such. Did the Romans have the internet? Did the Romans have the declaration of independence? Did the Romans have metalized machines that drive us across the country in 3 days? Be realistic is all I am saying. If we owe 200 trillion but we are worth 100000000000000 trillion then are we really screwed? Two different situations. Just because it happened to one civilization does not mean it will happen to all of them.

PS. I meant to put India but I put Russia for some reason, maybe the fluoride. My point about India is that we are going to use them for cheap labor instead of China.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by ProfATS

I love America, or at least the original idea of it, and I think that we will always be a super power. But ignorant people on here want to compare us to the fall of Russia and say the Chinese are going to take us out.
Ignorant people huh? Hahaha, yeah, you believe America is like "untouchable", "will never fail", that situation is "impossible", even when the signs of a collapsing nation are all around you. Have you ever done research on the US national debt? I suggest you do.

You are assuming I think the US is untouchable. I never said that. I am simply saying that everyone is underestimating where we stand. It is ignorant to compare Russia's fall to the fall of the United States. They were never one-tenth of the country we are. There are signs of us getting weaker, I agree. Has our government gone a little to far with certain things, yes. But collapsing? I do not think so. And besides if we collapse every other country will collapse just as much if not more. The dollar is still at 1.39 compared to the Euro. When it goes to 8.00 then people in Europe will try to come over here and pump money into the US and we will get manufacturing jobs. But will we really notice any difference?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Prof, most folks haven't read Sun Tzu's Art of War.

Prohibit the taking of omens, and do away with superstitious doubts. Then, until death itself comes, no calamity need be feared. Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

link

The problem with all of these predictions of the imminent collapse, is that these people failed to study strategy.
I assure you, those in control have studied it diligently.

The strongest warrior is one who chooses to appear weak when they are not.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
I love the fact that this was posted straight after my thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh and dont worry im sure half the Roman Empire never thought they were going to collapse either, so you wouldnt be the first person whos belived in thier beloved superpower only to witness its eventual collapse

edit on 6/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

The problem with this is that the Roman Empire never collapsed in actuality.
It merely took on new shapes and forms to adjust to shifting environments.

We today are merely the extension of that Empire, and it's greatest strength is that we do not even believe it exists.

You cannot defeat an enemy you do not believe is even there...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

So maybe the Roman empire was a better example then, It was sure as heck bigger and more Advanced for its time than the American "Empire" and yet collapsed which allowed humanity to use thier achievments for the good of the human race such as the Building of fine roads and later highways, Their strength was Un-deniable, Their power was Amazing in comparison to any other power of the time, same with the Mayans but they are now both dust because of their poor political skils and are mere memories of a past that needs to be forgotten

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Aha exactly my point sir! It changed to allow further change, Im not saying the American "Empire" will "Collapse" im saying it will change eventually in a similar way

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

We have incredible control of other governments in the world. What other country has so many military bases in so many countries.

what do you mean by "we" caucasoid?

do you mean we the people?

how naive. you don't own jack, you are owned, bought,paid for and sold by your masters, long before you were born.

or is it "we" the imperialist-warmongering-ruling class?

if so, hasn't anybody told you it's impolite to play with your pud in public?

We have an incredible infrastructure.

The Fabulous Ruins of Detroit www.detroityes.com...

The 10 Pieces of U.S. Infrastructure We Must Fix Now

www.popularmechanics.com...

americas-crumbling-infrastructure theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

Everything Is Falling Apart: 20 Facts That You Will Not Want To Read If You Still Want To Feel Good About America’s Decaying Infrastructure theeconomiccollapseblog.com... mericas-decaying-infrastructure

We could make and produce everything that is needed to sustain ourselves without having trading partners.

1-then take your ball and leave the playground
2-sure pardner, when's the last time an "american" won the spelling bee?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join