It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk This.John Titor Time travel machine C204 Patented!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wish someone would make a documentary or movie about John Titor because the story alone (whether true or false) is simply incredible, fascinating, and exciting. I'm no scientist or physicist who could verify what he says, as much as I wish I could, but do I have an open mind and could see the things he claims as truth.

Hopefully someday someone can put this story to the test and either prove or disprove him. Either way, I look forward to the day that day comes.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am long time John Titor fan. Yes, I've done my research. However, I do buy into the hoax, because there is no way to scientifically falsify it. Honestly, K-pax was a movie, but this was a guy back ten years ago, and knowledge of such a time device was unknown. John spilled the beans on his version of time travel, gave specifics, but....

....here's the hoot. It was about his own time line. I've been a proponent of the multi-verse theory of reality, even before Titor was a sensation. When he was posting on IRC about his reality, it was him telling us about his own time-line. He interfered with ours, and thus his time-line never became ours. We didn't have the civil war here because his was much different. That's the beauty of time travel, from an ex-temporal sense, that when you travel, you can alter the flow of a particular time-line. He saved us from the Y2K bug, as well as the 2038 limit. I dared my wife tonight to set the date on her computer to a date beyond January 2038, because if she did, it would crash, and lock-up. She challenged me like wise. I said no. I told her that the original designers weren't planning on that far ahead, and for a rebuttal, I said that we wouldn't even have the same computers we have now, having upgraded since then. It's true. I won't have this same laptop even a few years from now. Who cares if it goes to the 2038 limit. Anyone else wanna try it? I'm not brave enough, but the theory is, if you set your date and time to a date past January 1st, 2038, it crashes and goes into a bios lockup. It might have been fixed in this timeline, I don't know yet, nor am I going to test any of my computers that work fine on a theory. They work fine, and I'll keep them this way.

If time travel exists, of course it is going to bring all sorts of temporal anomalies. We think of the time-line as very much sequential, one flow, one direction, but if it is possible, we have to reflect upon all the repercussions of external influences in our own.

There are gaps in the historical record, anomalies, things unexplained by science, but well within the bounds of being explained by the ability to travel locally with a set pattern of multi-versal activity. Ghosts, UFOS, and such could be a derivative of such activity. Just because we don't know about it on a day to day basis, just because it isn't in the MSM, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If it's unfalsifiable, such as the John Titor story, then it just might have an iota of truth to it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by testsavage

hmm im readung a book right now it's from dean koontz ;lightning.....very similar fiction ,sounds just like this tread. im not buying it. maybe a picture from the future would do it....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Got a dell here running on windows xp i just set the date on the comp to January 1st, 2038. Doesnt seem to be causing any problems so far is it supposed to take a few days to freeze up?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Wikipedia

Examination of the claimsPredictive failuresThe posts were met with skepticism when they were being posted, but it was impossible to prove beforehand that the predicted events would not happen. Because Titor claimed the many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics was correct, effectively meaning that his travel was from a parallel universe and that things could occur differently than he had predicted, the details he presented were unfalsifiable.

One of Titor's earliest assertions was that CERN would discover the basis for time travel sometime around 2001, with the creation of miniature black holes about half a year after his departure. This did not occur. An article occurring generally around the time he had predicted about miniature black holes being created by CERN (a recurring theme, also ascribed to Fermilab and Brookhaven at various times[10]) was taken by some to be evidence of this claim; but these events did not occur either. Civil war was not even remotely close to breaking out after the 2004 presidential election, with no further conflict in 2008 in the way Titor described.

A particularly obvious example involves the Olympics, whereof Titor claimed: "As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004."[11] The politically uneventful staging of the 2006 Winter Olympics,[12] the 2008 Summer Olympics, and the 2010 Winter Olympics refute this claim.

Problems with the technologyIn the context of the demonstration image provided by John Titor, the laser pointer's beam being "bent" reveals the obvious inconsistency of objects near the beam not appearing to be bent as well. The framing of the window visible in the background, for instance, should appear distorted in proximity to a large gravity gradient, but it does not. Some have speculated the "beam" is an optical fiber.[13]

Titor claimed that he was sent back to obtain an IBM 5100 because it could translate several types of computer code. According to IBM engineer Bob Dubke, Titor's statements regarding the IBM 5100's little-known ability to emulate and debug mainframe systems were correct.[14] Supporters state that this information was not publicly available in 2000 or 2001 when Titor made his declaration,[15] and Titor himself stated that this feature was "discovered" as late as 2036 when Unix, as the underlying source behind all computer operating systems still running local infrastructures and other computational tasks, was only two years away from no longer functioning due to 32-bit integer limitations.[16]

However, this emulation capability was widely known in the industry and commented on in depth in numerous publications dealing with both the 5100 and programmable microcode in general.[17] References to this fact were also available on the Internet as early as 1999 and therefore predated Titor's postings. This is a fairly obscure bit of trivia, however, which suggests that whoever was making the posts either was familiar with the machine specifically or else had at least a general interest in retrocomputing.[18]

"Apparently, APL was a difficult task for IBM to accomplish with an interpreter in the 5100, so instead they wrote an emulation program so that the S/360 mainframe version of APL could be run instead -- The 5100 is like a desktop IBM S/360 mainframe computer which only runs APL."[19]

Problems with the storyNumerous commentators have pointed out the extensive similarities between the Titor story and Pat Frank's classic post-apocalyptic science fiction novel Alas, Babylon.[20] Among other similarities, Alas, Babylon takes place in a small river-side town in Florida just before and after a nuclear war and describes the struggle to survive as a family in the aftermath. In the book, the protagonist lives in the mythical town of "Fort Repose", while Titor claimed to live in the "Fort", formerly the University of Florida (UF).

The internal consistency of Titor's story has been questioned: For instance, in some posts he claims that money is widely used and people still have credit cards, despite his statement that centralized banking no longer exists (this is either an inconsistency or implies the rise of private currencies). In another posting he speculated that today's dollar would be usable in his time, but that this would be after the reorganization of the federal government according to his own history, potentially making the currency worthless.[21] In most cases, he claims to have been given his basic education at UF, but in another post claims to be home-schooled.[22]

Other problems with the story include inconsistencies relative to Titor's comments. His first appearance appears to have been, not in 2000, but in the summer of 1998 through two faxes to Art Bell's radio program Coast to Coast AM. When he began posting the online story, Y2K (1-1-2000) had come and gone without any real problems. Yet in the 1998 faxes to Art Bell he said, "Y2K is a disaster. Many people freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The gov. tries to keep power by instituting marshall [sic] law..." [23]

In the online story he stated that a part of his mission was to prevent the coming world war by changing history. Yet during October 2000, a month before he began posting, he appeared in the UK IRC chatroom. In the chat log his response to Yariesa's question (asking if we could change the future from his prediction) was, "It's too late. I just wish things didn't have to happen the way they will." [24]

Inquiry on the storyAn Italian TV programme (Voyager - Ai confini della conoscenza) aired an investigation of the John Titor story on May 19, 2008.[25] Mike Lynch, the private detective hired to investigate, found that there were no registry traces, even far in the past, of any John Titor or Titor family. In addition, the John Titor Foundation had no office and its address is a rented post box; no tapes, recordings, or evidence of Titor were found; and only Larry Haber (an advocate and owner of the commercial rights about all concerns involving John Titor) confirmed his existence. Lynch's conclusion is that John Titor may be John Rick Haber, a computer expert who is or was Larry Haber's brother.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
As a former skeptic let me point out nowadays too many people are already calling for a civil war. So I wouldn't be surprised if a civil war break out

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
As a former skeptic let me point out nowadays too many people are already calling for a civil war. So I wouldn't be surprised if a civil war break out

We have already had a civil un-rest in Arizona over immigration laws..Makes you wonder if it will lead into something bigger..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

look at image #10 , its the best single peice of evidence that the entire thing is a hoax

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

look at image #10 , its the best single peice of evidence that the entire thing is a hoax

Why does that prove this to be a hoax? If gravity doesn't bend light then how does gravity lensing work?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
There is a lot more to the Titor story then people will admit..I find his predictions fascinating, As his predictions were not that far off..Only the timeline was slightly different.. However many of his predictions have come true if you stop and look back on the timeline of predictions..

Gaaah..
happen to miss this part:?"
Now for the future you might want to know about..Y2K is a disaster . Many people die on the highways when they freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The gov. tries to keep power by instituting marshall law but all of it collapses when their efforts to bring the power back up fail. "

100% complete fantasy(y2k was a complete non event excepting lots of people made alot of money certifying machines and equipment as "y2k compliant" we did anyway) and
fer crying out loud its "Martial"
( as in military)youknow "martial" arts, "martial" music "martial" law,
"Marshall" Dillion never declared martial law.
So he can travel around in time but can't spell a commonly used 20th century english term?
edit on 6-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2011 by 46ACE because: sloppeee schpellings and schtuff...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I AM A TIME TRAVELLER...IF THE WHOLE WORLD DOES NOT WISH TO EXPERIENCE OUR ULTIMATE REALITY CATASTROPHY, IT WOULD DO WELL TO MOST VIRTUALLY REALISE THAT 9/11/01 WAS A COMPLETELY FAKED EVENT (TERRORISTS, PLANES, VICTIMS), AT THE VERY LEAST BEFORE THE NOW ACCEPTED MASS REALISATION DATE OF 1/3/13. IT WAS TOO LATE FOR US. PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE SO FOR US. I AM ADDRESSING MYSELF, AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE. HELLO, HELLO. EARTH TO PSHEA. I ALONE KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT YOUR REAL NAME...DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW?? SHOUT NOW OR THEN, OR FOREVER LOOSE YOUR PEACE! MIND.MIND.MIND!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
I AM A TIME TRAVELLER...IF THE WHOLE WORLD DOES NOT WISH TO EXPERIENCE OUR ULTIMATE REALITY CATASTROPHY, IT WOULD DO WELL TO MOST VIRTUALLY REALISE THAT 9/11/01 WAS A COMPLETELY FAKED EVENT (TERRORISTS, PLANES, VICTIMS), AT THE VERY LEAST BEFORE THE NOW ACCEPTED MASS REALISATION DATE OF 1/3/13. IT WAS TOO LATE FOR US. PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE SO FOR US. I AM ADDRESSING MYSELF, AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE. HELLO, HELLO. EARTH TO PSHEA. I ALONE KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT YOUR REAL NAME...DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW?? SHOUT NOW OR THEN, OR FOREVER LOOSE YOUR PEACE! MIND.MIND.MIND!!

Are you talking to me? And how did you know my name isn't really pshea?
Right..I am getting seriously freaked out now!
Maybe there is something in what you say..I owe it to humanity to seriously
look into it. I have plenty of time yet, don't i? don't i? pshea...pshea...hello...hello...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Why does that prove this to be a hoax? If gravity doesn't bend light then how does gravity lensing work?

The issue is not the bent light, but the fact nothing else around it is bent. Gravity distortion of light would also affect other items near the distortion, like the window and other compnents near it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

That was an awesome answer

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just a thought, maybe the patenting of John's device, is the start of the chain of events that will adventually lead up to G.E. purchusing the rights and constructing the machine. If nothing else, it will hopefully get more people thinking about the possiabbity of time travel/displacement, and thus possiably lead to new inventions.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Time travel back and forth, alternate realities and alternate universes is all very fascinating.
But the physics and chemistry of these places is different than ours and you prolly wont
reach there alive let alone come back
l

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

i thought it was commonly known that gavity "feilds" bends light

so i also im wondering like you how that picture would prove its a hoax

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

that would depend on which theory you support i.e, your traveling to differnt universes or it the same universe but the time line breaks into a new one from the point you travel as a failsafe for pardoxes

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
debunk this ... interesting, can I see a picture of his father please.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

reply to post by JO-ET

yes - gravity does deflect light , no one has denied that gravitational lensing as cited by ATS member Buster2010 occurs

what neither of you seem to apreciate is the strenght of a gravity well required to deflect light , and the miniscule degree to which light is deflected

the gravitational lensing observed by astronomers is caused by incredibly massive objects such as neutron stars , black holes or entire galaxies - and is observed at vast distances 100s or thousands of light years

the gravitational lensing caused by jupiter is not detectable using optical instruments , but was detected and accuratly measured by an array of radio relescopes across multiple continents

even our own sun has so little gravitational influence on light that it is impossible to detect in the glare of the suns own corona

thus the notion that an alleged artificial gravity well created within the confines of a car could deflect light to the degree shown in that image is clearly preposterous

as another poster has already correctly observed - such a gravity well would also deflect the light being reflected of other objects within the car

also it would affect the structural integrity of the car itself , as to deflect light to the degree shown would require grabity thousand of times that experienced on earth

also such a gravitational feild would not only affect the atmosphere inside the vehicle , actually compressing the gas , causing a pressure gradient wich would produce a localised weather system

it would also affect the people standing next to the car - and the results would not be pleasent or pretty

gravity wells diminish with distance from the source , as predicted by the inverse square rule - so any gravity well inside the car strong enough to actually deflect light would be instantly fatal to any human standing with in arms lenght of the vehicle

and no - before you ask - it would not be possible to somehow " sheild " the gravity well - as for the picture to be true - the gravity well MUST be unsheilded

why you ask - the answer is simple - because of the smoke allegedly being blown from a cigar outside the veicle , you cannot selectivly shield

and even if you could - as noted previously in this reply , and by another contributor - there is ZERO distortion of light from sources other than the alleged laser beam

QED , the picture is a fake - the alleged laser is either a fibre optic strand , or photoshoped into the image

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join