It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk This.John Titor Time travel machine C204 Patented!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Yeah incredible... here is something to think about:

Question: If John's device is real .it belongs to another world altogether. another GE, therefore it would violate no known copy right laws here.or patent laws here.

John Titor: Any government document can not be copyrighted. I could also argue that the manual "could" be from a future where it has become public domain but then again, it would mean proving I am a time traveler.

edit on 3-12-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Did john titor provide any document.
According to wiki he was / is only a forum entity, kind of annonymus.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Did john titor provide any document.

Titor provided several document images on his C204 Gravity Distortion Time Displacement Unit.
You can find them here: johntitor.strategicbrains.com...

Now consider this Titor statement:
John Titor: Any government document can not be copyrighted. I could also argue that the manual "could" be from a future where it has become public domain but then again, it would mean proving I am a time traveler.

Now consider the patent that Marlin B. Pohlman published:
www.freepatentsonline.com...

This means a few things:

1. Marlin B. Pohlman is John Titor
2. Marlin B. Pohlman is a hardcore Titor fan
3. John Titor is real

Take your pick, it IS one of the three.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Im not sure if you understand what a patent is. I'm sure it will be pointed out to you shortly.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Im not sure if you understand what a patent is. I'm sure it will be pointed out to you shortly.

that is not the point... patent or not, a Titor type manual is in public domain and it may not be protected by intellectual property laws etc...

Your loosing focus here, it is all about the manual and Titor's own words. There is only a few options left.

3. John Titor is real

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
There is only a few options left.

3. John Titor is real

There are many options mang.

John Titor A.K.A. Razimus Report

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by imitator
There is only a few options left.

3. John Titor is real

There are many options mang.

John Titor A.K.A. Razimus Report

No..

1. Not many could create such a document like Marlin B. Pohlman, then for it to correlate to a Titor quote.

2. Razimus Report
Do you not know Razimus claimed to be Titor. lol not even worth looking at!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

1. Not many could write such a document like Marlin B. Pohlman, then for it to correlate to a Titor quote is huge.

Why? If Pohlman is Titor he simply waited a few years to submit (and work on) his application. Interesting that the vast majority of the references used in the application are from 1999 and prior. Once published all he had to do was "reveal" it ("Wow! Look at this!") and thus "prove" that Titor knew about the "technology" in advance.

That application is pretty funny though. It's got to be one of the wordiest on record. It's the only patent application I've seen which gives a complete lesson in all of the possible theoretical physics involved with the "method". It also assures that no one (including anyone at the patent office) is likely to spend much time analyzing it.

edit on 12/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You probably nailed why?
If: 1. Marlin B. Pohlman is John Titor
That is an interesting thought, seems simple enough to wait and publish. + Titor used several references from that time period too.

e.g. if Titor did wait or thought about making the document public, his quote seems to suggest that.

Titor: I could also argue that the manual "could" be from a future where it has become public domain but then again, it would mean proving I am a time traveler.

Your right, the document is pseudoscience at it's best. I don't think Pohlman is just some clown into JT, reading his posts at godlikeproductions is like reading John Titor posts from 2000 and 2001! www.godlikeproductions.com...

Again it leaves me with:
3. John Titor is real

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reading his posts at godlikeproductions is like reading John Titor posts from 2000 and 2001!

How much like them?
Re: Your list. You seem to have ranked them in order of likelihood. I would suggest that #1 should also be heavily weighted as well as being the most likely.
1) 75%
2) 24.99% (Not intended to be any endorsement of Pohlman's tale)
3) .01% (Just to keep it on the list...for no apparent reason)

edit on 12/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm thinking in that order.

How much like them?

Here is a quick run down, I don't have much time to cover it right now or to clean it up...

1. Pohlman word structure is very Titorish
2. The use of vague science links and external quotes
for example:

Titor
A great deal of the theoretical mathematics behind time travel was discovered by testing
various ideas in string theory and eliminating the anomalies. As I recall, it was this original
work that led to the final proof that six dimensions do indeed curl up to give us our
observable universe. This in turn supported more of the theoretical math behind time
travel…etc.

vs.

Pohlman: www.godlikeproductions.com...
As an example.

I think [link to arxiv.org]

if true may push the threshold for singularity creation too high for man portable Kerr type singularity. a particle with a mass of about 144GeV that doesn't behave the way theorists predict the Higgs should could be a proto-singularity with a complex topology or a new force that would put the singularity creation energies out of reach.

3. Both into theoretical mathematics or pseudoscience
4. Amazing story to cover his cerebal clarity/ Titor's amazing Y2K cover etc..
5. Titor and Pohlman both interested in cancer

Titor: I know the pain and regret of not acting soon enough to enjoy a relationship as a loved one dies of brain cancer from a war that gained nothing.

TimeTravel_0 : I fell in love once and she passed away.
TimeTravel_0 : I blame you for her death.
Yareisa : why
TimeTravel_0 : She died of brain cancer.

Pohlman
Thanks for asking, The stem cell transplant failed and I went immediately into an experimental clinical trial (the ones reserved for those who probably won't make it) It was rough but worth it.

After I published the patent through the law firm (Stites and Harbison LLP) I felt as though a physical weight had been lifted. The clinical trial coincided with the publication process and I don't think I would have spent the money on the patent if the Stem Cell transplant had succeeded. I still don't know how much of my relief was physical and mental given my condition at the time.

6. of course the extended time machine document!

I'm sure the list could get much longer.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Normally,Paptent apps are published by the patent office itself, unless they are pulled back
for security reasons and if so the invividual cannot publish it himself thru law firms or whatever.
Wonder if any1 has interviewed this pohlman guy.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
But you know it could be all coincidental, with some parallel differences.

It could very well be:
1) .01% Marlin B. Pohlman is John Titor
2) 24.99% Marlin B. Pohlman is a hardcore Titor fan
3) 75% John Titor is real

I'll wait out the divergence thing, give or take a few more years or months before the US goes down the rabbit hole.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm coming into this Titor thing anew, but am very suspicious of it. Predictions like gays inthe military are trand-line things that can be extrapolated from social trends. Too many of the Titor "predictions" are of this kind. The blatant misses like Y2K add to my skepticism.

The IBM 5100 story is highly specious. This simple computer was not that well designed. Even if it had the ability to emulate a 360, by 1995 that would have been pretty useless. The 5100 had a audio cassette port added because the Apple Ii had one, though by 1982 few Apple II users ever used it. I had an Apple II from 1979 to 1985 and worked with them on my job until 1990. I have coded almost entirely in assembly language and Forth and even programmed a one-bit Motorola Industrial Control Unit to control a machine (writing my own macro assembler for it). I simply can't imagine any reason why THAT computer would have any value in the future over say a 486 running DOS 5 or Windows 98, for example. There was some note that the 5100 didn't have a time-of-day clock, another reason why it would be favored, but such a clock can be disabled easily on any PC (find the 32758 Hz crystal and remove it). Anyone who has not programmed and debugged assembler programs on early computers like PDP/8 or the Computer Automation "Naked Mini" circa 1975, or done other hardware hand-on work is probably not qualified to make claims why the 5100 was special. It as just another piece of IBM iron.

The IBM 5100 designers were a small team that hadn't a very clear idea where computers were going. The Apple Lisa had already been out -- that was where it was going, GUI and PARC developments. The proof of their inability to see the future is proven by the 640 KB memory limit (imagine the concept, Apple II had 64KB, "hey, let;s give it 10x the memory capacity." And the limitations to add more memory bore hopeless crippled children like expanded memory and extended memory.

Computers surviving EMP would be numerous. The number of underground facilities were already extensive in 1995, and by now TBMs have created tunnels from North America to Australia and cross-cross the USA. Any computer inside one of these DUMB (Deep Underground Military Bases) would survive EMP. Surely someone from 2036 would have known this and would not need to hunt down an IBM 5100.

Really specific predictions such as names of political leaders, would be convincing, but instead we see a lot of extrapolated trend bearing the name prediction. Sorry, not enough for me.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The patent for the time machine is not real.

Marlin B. Pohlman was participating in some medical trials, which he claims temporarily increased his IQ. He had an interest in time travel since he was young. While in these trials he wrote the patent and decided to include Titor's diagram. He had to redraw the diagram because the copy he downloaded was of poor quality.

I've researched this and ran across physicists discussing the patent. While some of the material has some merit, there were many instances where there were fundamental errors. There conclusion was that it was more like a draft for a theoretical paper. With the mistakes corrected and more detail in some areas it might be something to look at again. As it stands, it is only a first attempt at something meaningful.

There is/was no connection to Titor besides his borrowing the diagram.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by roscojones

Interesting. Whoose image is that? Titor or Merlin.
Does seem to be a time traveller

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
WOWSERS
would not be surprised if patent holder traces back to CERN incognito of course!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Having a nice lazy day watching youtube clips about Titor and the Trump connection, I have a question about the Time Travel Machine Manual..has anyone found it to be a hoax and a manual for something off say an aircraft or anything resembling a device a military person has seen before ?

Could this item claimed to be a time machine be some sort of device used or seen by people in there travels or work ?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
any part of Titor's story, any claims by other people, or even his own posts, could be modified to discredit him. basically, every time someone tries to "prove" Titor's story is a hoax, he may be proving the opposite.

why?
lets assume Titor is the real deal. what would CERN do in the future in such case?

that's right. send someone back in time to discredit him.

and that's just the tip of an iceberg.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I'm just interested if anyone has seen this object before and can say categorically that its a real object and used for in an application other than time travel. Like for example...an aircraft technician used this device to talk to a plane black box ect..and the fact the manual is one hell of an effort if hoaxed.its more than likely taken from a real life device and pawned off as a time travel device.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join