It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VERY Interesting Video from Puerto Rico today. Really DOES look like 2 Suns!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There have been a lot of pictures and videos of "two suns" lately around the internet, and even on the Chinese news.

According to NASA, over 80% of all solar systems have multiple suns, so is it possible that we live in a binary solar system with two suns as well? Recent discoveries point to the existence of an old brown dwarf, an unborn twin of Sol. marshallmasters.com...

I dont believe that this is entirely impossible that we are seeing something by the sun.

I know that the biggest majority of videos and pictures can be explained away, sun dogs, optical illusions, etc.
I just am not 100% sure that all of them are this.
Having said that..Im going out on a limb here and posting this video,taken in Puerto Rico today. In the video, you can see the lens flares, as they are moving when he moves the camera, however, the tiny dot by the sun, does not move..this is very interesting.

I am NOT saying this is two suns, I am however saying this video is worth taking a look at.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Not to mention the physical impossibility of a second sun this close, or that it's only seen in certain areas at different times, and aside from the fact that, in this case, it's only visible in the water, I have to ask: how is it possible that this "second sun" could be so many different sizes?

It is notable, though, that the phenomenon does seem to be increasing dramatically. It could indicate something atmospheric, at most.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that someone cannot find a welding helmet at the time of video,.
AS this has enough lens shade to not hurt the eyes,.
You can also take video through the shield,. I have done this for a home video for
teaching someone to weld,.
You can look directly at the sun,. I have done this also to view sunspots,.
Though I still find this phenomena to be very unlikely as the sun is looked upon daily
by real astronomers and sun gazers,. I would think real footage of an anomaly would spread
across the web in a very quick manor
regardless,. thanks for the vid

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I can see that small dot on the left hand side. this is very interesting. Is it really a planet or another sun?? I will hope someone here tells us right.

thanks for that, Star n flag for you my friend!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yes, its just interesting to me, as this video shows, he is NOT seeing it as he records the sun. Im tempted to get some of my dad's welding glasses and try this myself. I dont have a pool, so cant do this kind of video..lol

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Not to mention the physical impossibility of a second sun this close, or that it's only seen in certain areas at different times, and aside from the fact that, in this case, it's only visible in the water, I have to ask: how is it possible that this "second sun" could be so many different sizes?

It is notable, though, that the phenomenon does seem to be increasing dramatically. It could indicate something atmospheric, at most.

That's the problem I have with it.

The same people (Not talking about the OP) will show different videos to prove there is something there. The different videos they show, all show something of a vastly different size. Some are nearly the exact same size as we see the sun, others, like this vid, show a tiny little dot. How is something changing mass by probably millions of times like this?

And, like you said, it seems to appear and disappear at will. People in different locations of the globe will see it, while others in the same area don't see it. I've been watching the sun lately just because it WOULD be really cool to see something like this, but have yet to see anything but a single yellow circle in the sky.

So where, and how big is this thing? I wanna see it damnit!

link   
Yes its a different size to what I have seen from other shots. Like the Taiwan news site. Must admit I have been looking at the sun lattly. Pretty cloudy down here in NZ so wont see much anyway. Ifs there anything to see.

link   

Originally posted by sekos
I can see that small dot on the left hand side. this is very interesting. Is it really a planet or another sun?? I will hope someone here tells us right.

thanks for that, Star n flag for you my friend!

Thank you..I agree..it IS interesting. I was very hesitant about posting this, since most people consider this type of thing to be a hoax, and label you as a loony. I guess that's ok..I am a bit loony sometimes.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sorry...not like the one in China. The small dot by the real sun is in the lense.

Look again there is a "twin" to the small dot....there ya go...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Im in agreement, however you notice, the video poster could not see it when he looked directly at the sun. I think it's just too much of a flare.

Also, wouldnt different times of the day/seasons make an object smaller or larger, depending on its orbit? I dont know..just a guess

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Sorry...not like the one in China. The small dot by the real sun is in the lense.

Look again there is a "twin" to the small dot....there ya go...

The dot next to the sun doesnt move like the other dots (lens flares)..you can see the lens flares move when he moves the camera, however the one next to the sun stays stationary, as the sun does.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Most likely lens flare, as a "second sun" will certainly not appears in front of the pipe's shadows.....:

38"

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

True, it doesn't seem to be a lens flare, per se... I would guess it's a flare in the water, perhaps off the bottom of the pool.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I thought this too..but then..wouldnt the sun itself, just be a flare off the bottom of the pool, as well? I dont know..its baffling.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The sun is a reflection off the top of the water. If the other light is a reflection off the bottom, it would make sense that it's smaller, 'cause the water should focus the light like a magnifying glass.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
[yvid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7NpryqdiI0[y/vid] these are getting better by the week.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
also, here is a link to a solar partial eclipse we had on the 4th when there was NOT suppose to be any kind of eclipse. What is covering part of the sun?

Link:www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

i happen to live in PR so i'll be keeping an eye out [and a solar filter and welders glass in my pocket]

the sun here is either obscured by clouds or unusually [perhaps unnaturally] bright this past month and a half.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This one makes you think...Now i get it

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

You cannot tell how close the object is to the sun based on your 2 dimensional plane view of it in this video, you are spreading ignorance. This object is not necessarily "too close to the sun" or even close to the sun at all, it just appears to be from our surface view here on Earth.

The fact that you would wantonly spread such an ignorant view bothers me. When the moon eclipses the sun it is not "close to the sun."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join