It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VERY Interesting Video from Puerto Rico today. Really DOES look like 2 Suns!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

For being a "pretty darn rare" phenomenon, it seems to be happening pretty frequently as of late.
Even if it's always been happening and we're just now starting to notice it more, then it's not so rare. If it has not always been happening with this frequency, then it's recent surge is interesting.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Yes, well we arent supposed to notice..we're supposed to be watching Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here's the pics I promised. It was a nice day so I made use of my phone cam but the quality wasn't set to its highest. I guess the first 3 are Jupiter and the last one well that's got to be a lens flare... right? There are red lens flares in the others but none this prominent or bright. I don't want to muddy the waters, just showing what I got when I pointed my camera phone at the sun.

Let me know if you know what any of this is

Taken in North Yorkshire at between 3 and 4pm today.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Pr0t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Wow, and the object is left of the sun..as in all the other vids and pictures..ok..now Im just going to say that every camera in the world NOW has an anomaly object to the left of the sun.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
Here's the pics I promised. It was a nice day so I made use of my phone cam but the quality wasn't set to its highest. I guess the first 3 are Jupiter and the last one well that's got to be a lens flare... right? There are red lens flares in the others but none this prominent or bright. I don't want to muddy the waters, just showing what I got when I pointed my camera phone at the sun.

...These are lens flares.

Every single one of them.

It amazes me that, in an age where so many technological advancements have been made, no-one seems to know how cameras function.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

Not saying they aren't... Don't think the first 3 are though tbh. But, could you repost the video links please, they contain malformed IDs ... and in this day and age of technology we can't even get links to work

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by NyxOne

Not saying they aren't... Don't think the first 3 are though tbh. But, could you repost the video links please, they contain malformed IDs ... and in this day and age of technology we can't even get links to work

Touche.

Suppose using the tags didn't work, so I'll just post the regular URLs.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I finsd these multiple two sun stories interesting. I think I saw another one posted on Nancy Leider's earth Vhange site from New Zealand, If anyone wants to drag the pictures over to this thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I finsd these multiple two sun stories interesting. I think I saw another one posted on Nancy Leider's earth Vhange site from New Zealand, If anyone wants to drag the pictures over to this thread.

I searched. Nothing about such a thing in New Zealand.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

Pardon me, but Nancy Leider is a nut. She has been preaching this stuff since the mid 90's and early 2000's. She has changed her stories to keep pushing her nonsense, and there is proof of it. She edits her stuff to make it look like she was right about things, which she never has been.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where was her Planet X/Nibiru in 2002? 2003? 2004? 2005? 2006? Oh wait, isn't that when she disappeared for a while? To only rear her ugly head again with the new batch of uneducated "believers"? She is a laughing stock among real astronomers. Don't believe me? Research it.

Do some research on her, seriously. She has been proven a hoaxer and a liar long, long ago, and the reason no one even mentions her and those crazy Zetan's anymore is because she is like a pair of old worn out socks. Been there, done that, and don't want to revisit it.

Talk about pseudoscience.

I thought no one actually gave her any credibility these days, but since fearmongering seems to be the "in" thing, why am I surprised?

Anyone that uses Nancy Leider to support their argument has to be as crazy as she seems to be.

Don't take my word on it, it is afterall, just my opinion, but I was there, on sci.astro myself, and watched her tactics. I saw it with my own eyes.

Look her up yourself. Not on *her* website.

www.skepticalmind.com...

Examples of Errors
In a nutshell (pun intended) the Hale-Bopp conversation on Sci.Astro went something like this:

NL (1995): Hale-Bopp is a hoax.
SA (1995): No, it's a comet. We can see it.
NL (1995): No, you can't, you're part of the hoax. It's an exploding star.
SA (1997): We have two years of tracking data. It's a comet.
NL (1997): No, NASA is slipping in tracking data to deceive you and align with a real comet.
SA (1997): Yes, it's a real comet!
NL (2002): You only think I was wrong, but really I was lying to you, so the Zetas were right again!
SA (2002): ???

(snip)

Those Erroneous Aliens

Brian Gilbanks has documented several failed predictions[23]:

■Cataclysms
■The 12th Planet would be sighted by late 2002.
■Domino earthquakes
■Comet Hale-Bopp would not draw nearer.
■Crop Failure
■Market Crash
■Financial Freeze with barter systems taking the place of paper money
■Border Closings between states.

ZetaTalk : The Grand Conspiracy 1995 - 2003

Preserving the grand conspiracy past 2003

It was apparent, even by ZetaTalk's own admission that the website would not be available to the public after the summer of 2003. Therefore, the website has been archived for the purpose of compiling an online documentary which will chronicle the nearly 8 years lifespan of this phenomena. How ZetaTalk came to be, who felt compelled to become involved, and most importantly the political and social effects it may have had on society at large.

en.wikipedia.org...

Lieder first came to public attention on internet newsgroups during the build-up to Comet Hale-Bopp's 1997 perihelion. She stated, speaking as the Zetas, that "The Hale-Bopp comet does not exist. It is a fraud, perpetrated by those who would have the teeming masses quiescent until it is too late. Hale-Bopp is nothing more than a distant star, and will draw no closer."[3] She claimed that the Hale-Bopp story was manufactured to distract people from the imminent arrival of a large planetary object, "Planet X", which would soon pass by Earth and destroy civilization.[3] After Hale-Bopp's perihelion revealed it as one of the brightest and longest-observed comets of the last century,[4] Lieder removed the first two sentences of her initial statement from her site, though they can still be found in Google's archives.[3] Her claims eventually made the New York Times.[5]

Lieder described Planet X as roughly four times the size of the Earth, and said that its perigee would occur on May 27, 2003, resulting in the Earth's rotation ceasing for exactly 5.9 terrestrial days. This would be followed by the Earth's pole destabilising in a pole shift (a physical pole shift, with the Earth's pole physically moving, rather than a geomagnetic reversal) caused by magnetic attraction between the Earth's core and the magnetism of the passing planet. This in turn would disrupt the Earth's magnetic core and lead to subsequent displacement of the Earth's crust.[6]

Sound familiar?

website.lineone.net...

Despite claiming this to be 100% Zeta accurate (Zeta Accuracy) Nancy has now admitted the whole thing was a lie and deliberate ploy, destroying her own credibility. (Full IRC confession)

website.lineone.net...

On Saturday the 16th November 2002 during the Zetatalk IRC Channel, Nancy admitted those in attendance that her imaginary Zeta friends have been telling them lies since1995. (ZT means she is speaking as Zetas.)

[14:47] (NancyL) BlindFaith, please read ZT and perceive the mission. Do you know what a white lie is?

And there it is from Nancy own mouth an admission it’s a lie. So if we were in any doubt before she’s just been kind enough to confirm it. And what is a white lie? Yes it’s a lie, at best a half truth both of which constitute deception and STS behaviour according to the Zetas and Nancy.

Nancy Lieder: Kill your pets before the '03 Pole Shift

THIS is why people like her are dangerous.

edit on 6-3-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
easy quick solution to see for yourself if there is or isnt another object take an old blank or useless floppy disk rip it open and take out the black film use two to be safe now go outside when the sun is up and hold the film to your eyes and tell me what you see.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
These from today from my cellphone in North Texas this afternoon. Prob'ly nothing. Just thought it was nifty because it is so identical to the others posted on the (multiple) threads about this...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It bothers me a lot that this (whatever this is) has been dubbed the "two suns", the "twin suns", or the "second sun". I feel that it causes some to dismiss it completely simply because they can prove that it is, indeed, not a second sun. It may very well be a hoax, but the analytic in me wants to look at it from all angles before I walk away from it....lol.

With that said, I know very little about the planets, their orbits, etc. I just lost a frustrating battle with Yahoo and google search, trying to find a simulation which would show me the planetary orbits and alignments for this year.

So, I will just put this out there and maybe someone who is more knowledgeable on this subject can point me in the right direction.

I keep reading that there is supposed to be a planetary alignment in 2012 which does not happen very often. So, to this noob, it seems like that would mean that the planets are rotating into positions currently which we have not seen in a long time. You know...on their way to this special alignment for next year.

Is it possible that maybe whatever is being seen is just something that is already in our planetary system, which is following a totally normal path (therefore no crazy disruptions), but which possibly just holds a position which we are not used to seeing due to the pending unique alignment? Maybe a totally normal entity in a rare position to catch the sun's light?

Ok, be kind to me all you astronomy experts. And yes, my mother's words are echoing in my head as we speak. "Someday you are going to wish you had paid more attention in school". Ok mom, you were right. But seriously...that boy that sat in front of me in Science class, was really hot! He was a worthy distraction. I promise.

I will keep trying to find a planetary orbit model to look at.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Originally posted by Skate

Not to mention the physical impossibility of a second sun this close, or that it's only seen in certain areas at different times, and aside from the fact that, in this case, it's only visible in the water, I have to ask: how is it possible that this "second sun" could be so many different sizes?

It is notable, though, that the phenomenon does seem to be increasing dramatically. It could indicate something atmospheric, at most.

Science has many mysteries, my friend. This second sun ISN'T AT ALL imposible.

Science does have many mysteries, but the force of gravity is, locally, not one of those mysteries. A second sun close enough to be seen this clearly isn't even possible if you squint and keep you fingers crossed behind your back.
Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself? I'm ignoring the next person who tries to tell me that a second sun is physically possible. I'm the wrong person to be trying to convince of that.

So tell us why photos of second "suns" are starting to appear all of a sudden and they weren't before. Something is happening that isn't exactly impossible like you say so. Tell us why it can't happen. You don't know how the universe works. There could be some way for it to happen that goes way beyond physics or anything in that matter. Nothing is impossible in our universe.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Not to mention the physical impossibility of a second sun this close, or that it's only seen in certain areas at different times, and aside from the fact that, in this case, it's only visible in the water, I have to ask: how is it possible that this "second sun" could be so many different sizes?

It is notable, though, that the phenomenon does seem to be increasing dramatically. It could indicate something atmospheric, at most.

Science has many mysteries, my friend. This second sun ISN'T AT ALL imposible.

Science does have many mysteries, but the force of gravity is, locally, not one of those mysteries. A second sun close enough to be seen this clearly isn't even possible if you squint and keep you fingers crossed behind your back.
Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself? I'm ignoring the next person who tries to tell me that a second sun is physically possible. I'm the wrong person to be trying to convince of that.

Hmmm...What are you saying here? Gravity is one of science's biggest mystery! We understand a little bit how it works, but that's all. Did you hear they recently found that the gravitational center of the Sun wasn't stable, and that it kept moving inside it? Yet our gravity field remains constant, perfectly the same...This baffles scientists and it shows us how little we know about the universe. Another example of that is the mysterious force that stopped and backwarded Pioneer 10 of its path out of the Solar System. It could very well be an abstract law of gravity...

I'm not ready to brush this off.

And, (not directed at CLPrime anymore), I believe Nancy Lieder is genuine, only she is mislead by deceptive entities. I simply don't see Zetas as STO beings...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So tell us why photos of second "suns" are starting to appear all of a sudden and they weren't before. Something is happening that isn't exactly impossible like you say so. Tell us why it can't happen. You don't know how the universe works. There could be some way for it to happen that goes way beyond physics or anything in that matter. Nothing is impossible in our universe.

Probably because people are noticing it more. As soon as one person posts a "second sun" video and it goes viral, suddenly everyone's seeing a second sun. It'll die down eventually. The phenomenon will still exist, but we won't care anymore, once the novelty wears off.
It's also possible that there's an increase in this atmospheric illusion because of recent atmospheric changes, like the Greenhouse Effect.

And, I've been saying why it's impossible ever since this "second sun" idea got started, but people who insist on believing that "nothing is impossible in our universe" insist on ignoring established physical laws.
True, I don't know how the universe works, but see my post below this one...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

Hmmm...What are you saying here? Gravity is one of science's biggest mystery! We understand a little bit how it works, but that's all. Did you hear they recently found that the gravitational center of the Sun wasn't stable, and that it kept moving inside it? Yet our gravity field remains constant, perfectly the same...This baffles scientists and it shows us how little we know about the universe. Another example of that is the mysterious force that stopped and backwarded Pioneer 10 of its path out of the Solar System. It could very well be an abstract law of gravity...

I'm not ready to brush this off.

If you'll notice, I'm not brushing it off either. Rather, I'm attributing it to possible atmospheric changes rather than astronomical ones.

And, gravity is certainly one of science's greatest mysteries, but not because we don't understand it effects. Notice, I said "locally". The effects of gravity are well-established, locally, and we have never seen any significant deviation from those effects (the Pioneer anomaly and the fly-by anomaly are observed deviations, but these are in no way significant in the case of the possibility of a new object in our solar system, and they may not even represent true deviations in gravity...they may have other, more mundane, explanations).
How can we rely on the fact that the planets are gravitationally bound to the sun in stable orbits if it's possible for gravity to deviate wildly enough to allow for the presence of a sun-like object without disturbing the rest of the solar system?

- If it were a planet close to the Earth, it should be dark, like the moon when it's near the sun (like it is now).
- If it were a planet between the Earth and sun large enough to emit its own light, then its appearance in the sky would be the least of our worries... its gravitational effect on the Earth, alone, would be devastating.
- If it were an object on the opposite side of the sun, then it's likely a star (such as a brown dwarf if it's close, or a much larger star if it's further out), and a star would compete with the gravity of the sun. The planets would suddenly find themselves trying to orbit two suns, and, this, we would notice. Again, it would be devastating.

There is no physically possible way for an object this large/visible to be in our solar system and not be noticed, gravitationally. To deny that gravity works predictable within our system is to say that, at any time, we could find ourselves sling-shotted across the universe because the laws have changed. We may not know how gravity works, but we know what it does, and its effects are well-established.

Also, the Pioneer anomaly did not send the Pioneer probes on a backward path. The anomaly represents a residual sun-ward acceleration, which is slowing the probes down a bit more than expected. They are still heading out of the solar system.
Also, this effect, and many others, are fully explained by a slightly modified version of gravity called Scalar-Tensor-Vector Gravity. STVG reproduces many anomalous observations, including the accelerated expansion of the Universe, the higher apparent mass of galaxies (which necessitated the theory of dark matter), and the Pioneer anomaly.

Just because we don't know how gravity works doesn't mean we haven't deduced what it does. We have, and, from that, I can safely say that any phenomenon that appears as it does in these videos and pictures cannot possibly be a physical object in our solar system.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I find it interesting that NyxOne signs up March 6 and so far has 13 posts! All against second sun or nibiru? I wonder why? mmmmm...Dis-info agent, sent to get everyone's mind off of it? Me thinks so, Makes me want to look into this now, Thanks Nyx.....I'll get right on it.

Originally posted by NyxOne

It amazes me that, in an age where so many technological advancements have been made, no-one seems to know how cameras function.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Freedomrik because: Hit enter before i posted....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedomrik
I find it interesting that NyxOne signs up March 6 and so far has 13 posts! All against second sun or nibiru? I wonder why? mmmmm...Dis-info agent, sent to get everyone's mind off of it? Me thinks so, Makes me want to look into this now, Thanks Nyx.....I'll get right on it.

Originally posted by NyxOne

edit on 7-3-2011 by Freedomrik because: Hit enter before i posted....

Truly hilarious, what conclusions you crackpots will come to.

"Durr, he posted 13 times already, he must be a mean ol' gubbmint agent!"

Not my fault if you're dense enough you don't know how light works. Or cameras. Or the Sun.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I did see the small twin you referred to but it moved with the camera while the object in question remains fixed in it position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join