It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you see a gnome in this photo?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72beb6675bd8.jpg[/atsimg]

This picture has been in my family for years - it was taken before I was born and has always been referred to as "the fairy photo" and has had various reactions when produced over the years.
The story behind the photo is that it ws my sister's birthday and they went for a picnic in the fields. Apparently they were catching butterflies (it was the late 70s like that was an excuse!) anyway, someone took this photo of my dad and when they got the film developed they noticed a little figure towards the centre of the image. Someone, I don't know who examined the pic and told my parents that whatever it was was something in the field, not dust or light effects. They went back, searched, didn't find anything.

And so, I put it to you guys - can you see anything? if you can what is it? can this all be explained away as something totally normal or is this an exciting picture of a fairy/gnome/other?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
can you circle what it is i'm supposed to be looking at?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

I can't see anything

Can you repost with a circle round where you think there is a gnome so I can see it better?

I don't want to dismiss it because I'm rubbish with the magic eye pictures, so me saying I see nothing doesn't really count for much

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I don't see anything out of the ordinary. If they saw anything, I would say maybe just a trick of the light or something similar.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Put me in the camp that doesn't see anything.

I guess I was expecting something like this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c746afea2c0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I can see somthing like a fairy top right hand corner!!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

To the right of the guys left hand... I think.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I see the bearded face there in the middle. Also a little up and to the right what looks like a hooded figure. Pretty mundane and easily explained. Light and shadows really. The human mind will recognize patterns as faces in a lot of instances. Try zooming in on any section of the photo and look at it for a while. You will see anomalies all over. It is just how our brains are wired.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

Star for you!

I see a unicorn and an ice cream truck and a magical dolphin...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I see a face about 1.5cm's up from the bottom and about 4cm's from the right of the picture

Dont know if thats what your talking about though...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterflyThat's one of those photos from which the "mind's eye" could pick out a hundred gnomes, but I'm gonna keep looking until I find one that stands out more than the other 99.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I fully see what your on about, its pretty hard to miss. Its like you have a picture of David the Gnome. I used to love that show.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I Can't understand you guys not being able to see anything, as I saw it straight away.

I guess you all must throw out your T.V, as you're only wired in to your left hemisphere, and that's not going to help you at all.

It looks like a gnome, and 'yes' they do exist, as does everything and more, in this multi dimensional space and time, which we are sharing with a multitude of vibrating frequency (energy) life forms.

Nice picture and thanks for sharing it with us.

Fox.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

maybe i am blind...
edit on 4-3-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I see the bearded face there in the middle. Also a little up and to the right what looks like a hooded figure. Pretty mundane and easily explained. Light and shadows really. The human mind will recognize patterns as faces in a lot of instances. Try zooming in on any section of the photo and look at it for a while. You will see anomalies all over. It is just how our brains are wired.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67ed07adf558.jpg[/atsimg]
1. Bearded Gnome like figure
2. Hooded figure
3. Child like face
4. Pointy hat gnome with book

It is just how we percieve things. They are all light and shadow and imagination.
Pretty fun to look at though kind of like where's Waldo.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxoutfoxing

I finally found it, and don't know how I missed the gnome in the first place! Wow! C'mon everyone...open your eyes!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I honestly can't see any gnomes, but I reeeaaallly wish I could

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

whats with the dalmation?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link