It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO Coin from 1680 Puzzles the Experts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Just saw a similar image of one side of the coin in another new thread:

Your Image:

And from: Mayan & Assyrian Connection: the mysteries of Cetho Temple, Sukuh & Penataran Temple in Indonesia
This Image:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a17224695a7.png[/atsimg]

Similar Tree of Life, both having a bit of aerial action over them??

Weird

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

thats not a UFO
if u enlarge you will see theirs a white dove in the center
its the holy spirit

im referring to the pic u posted on page 1 somewhere in the middle

edit on 3-3-2011 by Dyax- because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i recently got Jacques Vallees latest book Wonders In the Sky and there is about 300 some odd anomalous aerial sightings before the year 1680. a decent percentage describe them as shields flying in the air.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Beautiful coin, why can't they make anything like this now. :p

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Please check out the voynich manuscript there are pic that resemble this image also found there. It is an interesting read ate the least. And a strange similarity.

There is a thread on here somewhere about the manuscript, but I don't know how to imbed it here for you
So sorry.but I could possibly post a link to picture.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 3-3-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: Added link

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
From "Wonders In The Sky" by Jacques Vallee and Chris Aubeck

Mid-17th century, France: A controversial "jeton," a flying disk?

The token shown below, which experts believe was struck around 1656, shows a disk with
light or a beam emanating from it. This object ("jeton" in French) has been mentioned in
numerous books and magazine articles as a commemoration of an event in which a flying
object was observed in the clouds, passing over a wide landscape.

The object is the size of a U.S. quarter or a one-euro coin and similar to thousands of
other tokens that were produced in Europe around that time for religious and educational
purposes. Rather than a flying saucer, it is likely to represent the "Shield of Numa." In fact
jetons bearing very similar images have been found dating to mid-17t h century France.

It is said that on March 1st, 707 BC, during the outbreak of a plague, the second king of
Rome, Numa Pompilius, witnessed the fall of an oval shield from the sky during a
ceremony.

Somewhat astonished, he sought advice from the nymph Egeria and the nine Muses,
who assured him that Jupiter had dropped it as a sign of his benevolence. The pestilence
soon came to an end, so the grateful king had eleven identical copies made by an
armourer, and those were used in dances and celebrations every year.

Around 60 AD the Roman poet Lucanus composed a long work in which he proposed
an explanation for the event, suggesting that a stormy wind had whisked the shield out of
a soldier's hand and sent it spinning across the sky. The story was long remembered in the
literature and is likely depicted on this token, where the inscription reads: Oportunus
Adest, "it arrives in time." The same "flying disk" design appears on many jetons from
different periods.

edit on 3-3-2011 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Excellant thread!!!!

Good find I must say.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This picture of the coin with UFO make for a great desk top back ground.It definitely shows a UFO.Dislosure has happened so many time already.I wish they would just land and get the ball rolling.
I didn't see the ones on the back of the coin flying around in the rain.

edit on 3-3-2011 by rugger because: I didn't see the ones on back

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Nice find. Awesome.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I'd say this example kind of nails it.
From this coin, it is pretty easy to make the sacred shield story stick...as here, it is protecting from the enemy's attack....

This is my first post here so please excuse any common mistakes I make. My second thought of these 'arrows' is that they may represent trees. They look exactly like simplified trees (firs). So maybe they just depicted this object flying over a forest with some rocks in the front.

Looking at the top of this unknow object there is something that could be part of a dome?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
all the pictures except that one make it seem like most of it is hidden by the clouds and that is the anchor or teleporter

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
AWESOME post. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What a great find.very interesting coin i wonder how many of these coins there are ? Id love to own one.this is a great thread thanks for shareing S&F

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I believe the painting you are showing is:
~ "The Baptism of Christ" ~
Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge, England
Painted in 1710 by Flemish artist Aert De Gelder

This scene is actually one that is repeated in countless paintings from the time period. It only looks like a UFO because the central object has faded. The UFO itself is a Halo which is surrounding a Holy Dove. The dove (which was tiny to begin with) has faded over time...leaving only its Halo to be obvious. If you look closely, however you can still see the remains of it on the painting. Very similar representations of Holy Doves with glowing Halos and rays of light shining down, were painted at that time period.

A lot of info about misconceptions about ancient art which can lead to UFO interpretations can be found at this page.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Also two good videos on this subject can be found here
www.youtube.com...
&
www.youtube.com...
I must say these two videos are quite good, HOWEVER I do not agree with everything said by the maker of them. For instance he goes into a tangent at one point about how 'Sun Worship' symbolism did not enter into Christianity until the Romans....I can say with quite a bit of confidence that this is a baseless claim. There is a lot of evidence of Sun Worship mythology in both Christianity and Judaism which predates the Roman's involvement with Christianity. None the less he remains more, or less accurate in his interpretations of most of the art he shows.

Two small notes....I am not one who enjoys debunking UFO's...on the contrary I believe in their reality. I do, however believe in spreading truth, even if it is dissapointing.

Note two...to give credit where it is due, I must say that the two video links I give, were originally posted ATS user Wirral Bagpuss at the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
but God intervened and sent two shields red with flame over the church so that the Saxons fled. It is difficult to know what a modern reader should make of these pious accounts,

So in that incident God sent TWO glowing red UFO's to help out... "two shields red with flame" NICE! Will definitely look that up.

But wouldn't they put two 'shields' in the coin if that was the case?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Like,like,like,like, should be put in the unknown box in relation to UFO's. nice find.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wow! Nice find!
Here's another coin that seems to depict an astronaut's helmet!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You realize that in thousands of years time someone will find a US dollar bill and summize that there were flying pyramids with a giant eye or light beaming on top of them and that the general population probably worshiped the aliens that lived in the pyramids that came from above.

Now put that in light of this coin.

There are also coins with plants that 'must' be lazers because thats now what we know they might look like based on experience and TV. My God the ancients had lazers? lets rewrite the history books. Oh of course the lazers were given to them by the aliens in the spaceships.

Come on guys. We live in an intelligent society or so I thought.
edit on 4-3-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Still trying Zorgon,

I applaud you for your continued efforts to waken the people. IMHO you do more for ufology and getting the message across that we are not alone and have never been than most of the so called 'experts' However, no matter how much evidence you lay down nothing will change and you know this, and I know that you know this. Therefore, why continue? You,Me and the rest of humanity have no control whatsoever in regards to the time where everyone is awake. Should we not just let nature take its course? after all isn't that the sole reason why hu-man beings are running amok on this planet?

Star and Flag from me for what its worth

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
You realize that in thousands of years time someone will find a US dollar bill and summize that there were flying pyramids with a giant eye or light beaming on top of them and that the general population probably worshiped the aliens that lived in the pyramids that came from above.

Not likely, no... that symbol has already been around for thousands of years and is clearly understood

My God the ancients had lazers? lets rewrite the history books. Oh of course the lazers were given to them by the aliens in the spaceships.

In the movie Indiana Jones The Lost Ark, Hitler's Nazis sought out the ancient Ark of the Covenant, in order to harness its mysterious power as a devastating weapon against their enemies and ended up getting fried by it in the process.

Surprisingly, though, Hollywood got it more or less right: the Ark indeed held the lethal and devastating power of God, which was to be used as a weapon by those who possessed it. You can find images of it in the bible with a beam of light coming from it.

Personally I don't think it was a Laser, because the results of burned flesh and sickness reported are more like radiation. And anyone who touched it died. Moses' hair also turned white and even he was not allowed to get close to it to often.. and when he did he wore a heavy metal breast plate... more likely a particle beam weapon

Come on guys. We live in an intelligent society or so I thought.

We are for the most part, but there are still MANY who are blind

edit on 4-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join