It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO Coin from 1680 Puzzles the Experts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
The inscription on the last coin is interesting
"several resists are overcome by a few"
At least that's what I get when I translate from Latin to English

"Resistit Paucis Obruitur Pluribus"

"We resist with few and overcome many."

French Translation...
"Bouclier menacé par de nombreuses flèches"
Etats de Bourgogne

To English...
"Shield threatened by many arrows"
States of Burgundy

The other side (see image below)

"Comitia Burgundiæ"

"The elections for Burgundy"

Jeton 1648 Cataloged here

284 DICTIONNAIRE

Resistit paucis, obruitur pluribus. (Bou-
clier menace par de nombreuses fleches.) —
Etats de Bourgogne.

Jeton de 1648.

www.archive.org...

So it is the Flying Shield protecting a few from the many...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Very pleased with this thread
I bet it helps people to contect some dots here and there
S+F

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That flip side coin looks to be protecting the ground from a thundering U2 concert.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I'd say this example kind of nails it.
From this coin, it is pretty easy to make the sacred shield story stick...as here, it is protecting from the enemy's attack....

edit on 3-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Or they could represent Arrows fired by the Humans.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So it is the Flying Shield protecting a few from the many...

Yes, I already alluded to this here.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

adding fuel to the fire!

If its not Extraterrestrials !

Then Could it be ! ? That some where in Our time or within the mid 20th century or the near future that
We found a way of time travel?
Well the Philadelphia experiment might have to do with it, something that was accidental

Who knows

Speaking of the Sky Ship ! that resembles the 17century coin of France !

Put these Airships back in time ( If it was possible ) as they look like the Orbs we see today

As there is a few Painting carvings of the since the middle ages! that shows a similarity
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0663d601a8bd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4217a04c0524.jpg[/atsimg]

Either its MAN that somehow went back in time and left strange Anomaly mistakes or an Extraterrestrial
Origin There is something that tells me it could be Both

If Man is able to go to the Moon then and Advance Race that is thousands of years Ahead of MAN from another World a ( distant star) may have the Possibility Reaching Earth

As we now can see planets that are within the Goldilocks rage that may have life !
Why couldn't a Alien Race that may of did the same a thousand to millions of years ago Looking at this Planet as we know can look at theirs ! then eventuality reaching Earth In some way we can't comprehend

edit on 4-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is more solid evidence that a otherworldly craft visited our planet. Its undenable that the coin depicts a craft,it doesnt take much to see it. in all honestly it takes more imagination to say its a flower or a sheild. great find OP.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. "It is here at an opportune time"
Wow. Love these.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Is there any way to identify the plant in the first coin?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The shield pattern might be from around the age of Homer 670 BC, that was a popular pattern for Spartan shields.

www.ne.jp...

The Athenians were at war with the Spartans through much of this period. Athenian archers often ambushed the Spartan soldiers and picked them off from a safe distance with arrows.

Not sure where they were trying to take the allegory in 1680 but there is probably a conspiracy.
Maybe the shield is hiding some Francis Bacon secrets or Eight Shakespeare Quartos?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think this falls into line with the electric universe folks over at the Thunderbolt project. The Symbols of an Alien Sky DVD is highly recommended.

A video documentary that could change everything you thought you knew about ancient, pre-historical times and how much ancient mythology we have carried into modern times and religious thinking. Based on more than two decades of systematic research and cross-cultural comparison by comparative mythologist David Talbott reconstructs a cosmic drama when planets hung in the sky close to the earth--an epoch of celestial wonder giving rise to time-honored symbols. Symbols of an Alien Sky will introduce you to celestial spectacles and earth-shaking events once remembered around the world. Archaic symbols of these events still surround us, some as icons of the world’s great religions, though the origins of the symbols appear to be lost in obscurity. Cultural history seems fragmented and contradictory. But as demonstrated in this introductory episode, there are also levels of deep agreement between the cultures. According to David Talbott, these “archetypes” allow for a radical reinterpretation of both human and planetary history. Competing regional symbols are aspects of “one story told around the world,” a story both awe inspiring and terrifying. Perhaps the most compelling discovery comes from the sciences. Independent investigation over the past 12 years has confirmed that the celestial formations Talbott reconstructed—all from historical evidence—precisely match the behavior of electric discharge in the plasma laboratory and in remote space. A convergence of historical evidence and plasma science has occurred. The converging research points to planetary instability and intense electrical events in ancient times. a challenge to some of the most cherished assumptions in today’s theoretical sciences. This highly visual presentation takes an in-depth look at origins of our symbolic archetypes, and offers new answers to questions about the role of the planet gods in pre-historical times. Why did every ancient civilization celebrate a former "Age of the Gods", an age claimed to have ended in earth threatening disaster? What was meant by the lost "Golden Age?" Why did ancient sky worshippers refer to Saturn as "the sun?" Why was Venus worshipped as the "Mother Goddess?" And why did both Old and New World astronomers celebrate the planet Mars as a great warrior whose battles shook the heavens? And a thousand other intriguing "Whys". (Approximately 78 minutes.)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
These are the kind of things that get my interest for the simple fact that you have no clue what they could be talking about. In present times we have "UFO's" to compare to planes and helicopters. Back then they didn't have planes or helicopters to compare "UFO's" to, so it is really is interesting to think about what they were thinking.

If only the coins could talk.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

This is really interesting, plus I'm pretty sure I read a thread just recently about some sort of picture and story from the 1600's of some sort of UFO invasion.

Anyway, this coin in particular looks like arrows shot by humans directed towards the UFO as an effort to attack it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

According to the Thunderbolts folk, that flower arrangement on the shield, or Ezequiel's wheel, is a plasma discharge.

Worth watching, Alien sky...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think it's a UFO, pure and simple. I'll post a link to wiki, but Numa is someone that has an interesting history behind himself. You could almost say that he was in contact with someone or something.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Sorry man but that is a rock.. I use the same shading technique all the time when i draw. It's a simple way to create a little depth. Cheers

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That looks like a cap from a psilocybe cubensis, or psychedelic mushroom.

I cannot think of another rational explanation that would make someone create such a metaphorical representation of an round object with a stem that looks as if it is flying.

So I have heard..... uhhhh hummmmm..... that....

Psilocybin mushrooms could possibly make someone experience something that could be translated into what modern day people call UFO's (or Unidentified Flying Objects).
Or give the user the subjective feeling of flight.

-notice the word "alien" was no where to be found in this post.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
For every event they try to cover up, they create new evils. UFO sightings were just covered up by religion: if you feel like there's another entity out there, it must be God. I see this coin as another way UFOs are rising to the surface. More and more people are waking up to the idea that we aren't the only planet with life. And more and more evidence of that is surfacing in the process. If this coin was actually made in France, its intriguing from the perspective of what they saw to generate that idea on a coin. If it wasn't made in France, I wonder who made it?

Thanks for sharing this, its quite fascinating to see!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
reply to post by zorgon

That looks like a cap from a psilocybe cubensis, or psychedelic mushroom.

I cannot think of another rational explanation that would make someone create such a metaphorical representation of an round object with a stem that looks as if it is flying.

So I have heard..... uhhhh hummmmm..... that....

Psilocybin mushrooms could possibly make someone experience something that could be translated into what modern day people call UFO's (or Unidentified Flying Objects).
Or give the user the subjective feeling of flight.

-notice the word "alien" was no where to be found in this post.

When considering psilocybin mushrooms and aliens in the same general thought process, I tend to think of psychedelic mushrooms as far more alien then any other substance. If you believe this to represent a psychedelic mushroom, I'd have to say alien does relate to that. And psychedelic mushrooms don't make you fly or turn into a UFO, they make you more aware of other species and open to new ways of looking at a situation. I'd say in this world, alien is not going with the normal way of thinking, and therefore tie eating mushrooms with alien thoughts and the visuals associated with it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Very Interesting Discussion and these coin designs may have been influenced because of the spectacular UFO sightings that were going on in the 1560's. One specifically was in Nuremberg in 1561 and the other was in Basil.

Link with Picture and Description for Nuremberg 1561

Nuremberg 1561

Link with Picture and Description for Basil 1566

Basil 1566

Finally, thread on ATS discussing the Nuremberg Incident, all good stuff!

ATS Discussion on Nuremberg & Basil 2006

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join