It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there no Main Stream Media reporting the Rossi/Focardi E-Cat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

Here is your answer, it would be cheap, possibly free, sustainable energy that would wipe out the oil industry and the elites like this old fart can't make money to pay Satan, and well, you don't come back to the pimp widdout da cash. [slap]. Anyway, here is your reason.

'We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine, and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination [read as 'democracy'] practiced in past centuries." - David Rockefeller

"'A handful of us determine what will be on the evening news broadcasts, or, for that matter, in the New York Times or Washington Post or Wall Street Journal.... Indeed it is a handful of us with this awesome power... a strongly editorial power. "...we must deicide which news items out of hundreds available we are going to expose that day. And those [news stories] available to us already have been culled and re-culled by persons far outside our control.'" - Walter Cronkite

-Carl Jensen's assessment of Adolph Hitler's philosophy of information control-- "More than half a century ago Hitler said the masses take a long time to understand and remember, thus it is necessary to repeat the message time and time and time again. The public must be conditioned to accept the claims that are made...no matter how outrageous or false those claims might be." Censored 1996.

- 'If, however, the public does not receive all the information it needs to make informed decisions,' Jensen claims, "then some form of news blackout is taking place... some issues are overlooked (what we call 'censored') and other issues are over-covered (what we call 'junk food news').'Why does a boxer's bitten ear receive local and nationwide coverage, but we are never told about presidential Executive Orders that affect the entire nation?

Aldous Huxley in his book, Brave New World, observes, 'The greatest triumphs of propaganda have been accomplished, not by doing something, but by refraining from doing. Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth.'...

"'Those who manipulate the organized habits and opinions of the masses constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country', wrote Edward Bernays, assistant to William Paley, founder of CBS. '...We are dominated by a relatively small number of persons.... ' "World bankers, by pulling a few simple levers that control the flow of money, can make or break entire economies. By controlling press releases of economic strategies that shape national trends, the power elite are able to not only tighten their stranglehold on this nation's economic structure, but can extend that control world wide. Those possessing such power would logically want to remain in the background, invisible to the average citizen."

.....So you see, they are smart, they are evil and they are fat.....because they cant keep their big mouths shut about their grandiose plan.

Source

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Why is there no Main Stream Media reporting the Rossi/Focardi E-Cat?

Maybe because Rossi is a convicted fraudster? He was sent to jail in the 90s for some energy product related scam, and seems to be an all round shady character.

Also most physicists see fundamental problems with the actual experiment itself - read around the physics forums for details.

If they have what they say they have then it should be easy enough for them to demonstrate it beyond doubt in future experiments - or get independent labs to verify it. The fact that they won't do this is suspicious in itself. We shall see.

All this "suppression" by "TPTB" (such a tired and lazy expression) is just nonsense in the age of the internet. The plans for their device could be uploaded onto a million sites, or emailed to 100s of millions, in seconds and there would be nothing anyone could do to stop them.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Here is a link to the journal of Nuclear Physics that has some information.

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com...

Didn't get a chance to read thoroughly through the information, but this is probably a good source.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well, maybe Main Stream Media Worl-wide must have a look at this news....
And begin to speak about Cold Fusion in their Prime Time Tv News... before it is too late!

Forecast: $ 200 a barrel!

Western analysts' forecasts on world oil prices for 2010-2011

en.trend.az...

Analysts at the U.S. bank Goldman Sachs have raised the forecasts on the world oil prices for 2010 and 2011 in May. Based on the new forecasts, the average price of WTI will amount to $108 pet barrel in 2010 compared to $96 earlier forecasted. In 2011, analysts predict a price for this sort of oil at $110 per barrel compared to $105 per barrel, projected earlier.
The bank's analysts regard as a real reaching oil prices over the next two years to the mark of $150-$200 per barrel.

Cold Fusion is ready and still Alive and Kicking! U.S. Navy Researchers says!www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-3-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
so let me get this perfectly straight...

there's a dog out there that can bark "i love you"?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
so let me get this perfectly straight...

there's a dog out there that can bark "i love you"?

omg i spat my drink everywhere, wd shagreen star for you.

on topic: if this is 100% real then why are they even bothering with demonstrations, they should just bring it to market with a nice advertising campaign and then you will see it hit the msm

If it is real would it not mean the end of every alternate fuel source to oil also, no more need for coal, nuclear, wind and solar power and so on? that is quite a lot of industries biting the dust and a lot of people losing big $$$$. Even the price of oil would plummet and the US dollar along with it?
edit on 3-3-2011 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I'm going to remain sceptic on this mainly because of what I've been reading on physics forums and other rational areas of communication.

I also don't buy the "TPTB" argument, because while it would be great for the oil companies to continue profiting off their product, they would enjoy just as much to profit more off something that they bought out the patent of. Also, does the West really want to keep giving money to Saudis so they can continue buying five shades of Bentleys for their thousands of relatives? I personally don't think so.

Reading material.
Here and Here

I have yet to look into the science of this particular device yet...so I won't comment on it. However I wanted to comment on some of the other things you said. I have to disagree strongly with your assertion that the Oil companies would do just as well buying the patent off. I'm not sure if you meant 'buying the patent to suppress it' or 'buying the patent in order to actually use as an energy source' so I will address both. Lets think about the second one first. In order to change from Oil to a new Energy source would cause an ENORMOUS shift in the Industry. They would lose BILLIONS in the process of doing such a thing......Not only would they have to dismantle a complex system of doing business which they are already familiar with, in favor of something completely new and different......they would also have to come up with a completely new market strategy to sell the product....and if it really were 'free energy'...then they would have a hell of a time figuring out how to make a profit. In other words, it would be a HUGE risk.....If you already have a good thing going (for yourself)...do you throw all of that away, on an untested, and perhaps unmarketable new technology...I would think not.

Now on the other hand if you simply meant they could buy the patent out, and suppress it...well the most certainly could, and I would not be surprised if they have in fact done this in the past with other devices...... However, why should they bother spending their money on such a thing, when they could just ridicule it to the point that no scientist would be caught dead supporting it, for fear of being a laughingstock, and being blacklisted. The Oil Companies didn't get rich by throwing their money around needlessly. They will always go for the cheaper option if its possible. Not to mention that we already know from History that this sort of thing happens ALL THE TIME! Looks at Edison's Dastardly fight against Tesla regarding whether or not DC or AC was safer. Edison was of course wrong in his support of DC....but his money was riding on DC, so he ridiculed Tesla's AC at every opportunity....even holding gruesome 'demonstrations' where he personally killed by AC electrocution various animals INCLUDING AN ELEPHANT!!!! Another example is the Yellow journalism of Heart's Papers, which (among other things) created the anti-marijuana movement that is still going on today....not because of any true genuine concern about the drugs effects....but because Hemp Paper threatened his own paper mills!!!

As for you're rhetorical question about whether America really wants to keep buying oil from the Saudis.....well if you look at our policies, then yes....yes we do. We have spent BILLIONS making inroads into the Middle East, primarily for that purpose. The thought of giving all of that up, simply because something new comes along...well human nature hates to give up on something that there has been such a huge investment. Not to mention, do you imagine that the U.S. (and the world for that matter) would stop buying their oil, that it would actually HELP to stabilize those countries? Of course it wouldn't.....if anything it would make them desperate, and probably cause more anti-american sentiment than ever before. When the entire region suddenly realizes that their main export is worthless, then I imagine that you would see a backlash of terrorism that would make 9/11 look like the Boston Tea Party.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'm going to remain sceptic on this mainly because of what I've been reading on physics forums and other rational areas of communication.

ditto. And I'm also old enough to have gone through at least 5 different "we made cold fusion work" fiascoes already. If they actually did this, awesome, another technology the military will buy up and keep to themselves. If they didn't and it's another scam. BOOO-URNS

Flagging & star, this is a thread to watch indeed.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Really true story, on a side note, I was impressed, but come on is that really news. Look for it, a Husky or German Shepard I believe....

What do you think Shagreen, TPTB or could we get this product if Jessica Simpson was the spokeswoman for it, then my little cousins would buy them to be cool.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Father please post more info, I am looking for it as well. This would explain why the science community is staying away and putting "what if" papers to explain it. Rossi needs to come out and say the catalyst for LERN or whatever is taking place in the aluminum taped machine he has, maybe that would put to rest if it is real or not. I am interested if this line of reasoning, just because it seems to fit the actions of others smarter than me. Thank you for the lead.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I can understand your skepticism; however, has anyone ever completed a study on what costs might be involved for an oil company to decommission all of its infrastructure (in order to start pursuing a new form of energy production?) I'm thinking that while they were busy wrapping up all their previous interests (rigs, pipelines etc) and shifting their marketing focus, we'd see other start-ups & lateral diversification from companies coming in and 'stealing the glory'.

My hypothesis is as follows: "The cost of decommissioning the current infrastructure of the oil / fossil fuel production systems would restrict timely advances into the new market of any alternative energy source that was completely replacing fossil fuels. Therefore, any and all 'fossil-fuel' producers would seek to prevent an influx of new technologies for energy production into the marketplace - or at minimum, they would seek to control the development of those technologies, by lobbying for restrictive legislations, and through purchase of patents / employment of inventors & developers etc"

Not to mention all the affiliated industries like automobile manufacture, who would all be scrambling to catch up - they'd probably lobby for restrictions in the roll-out of any revolutionary energy source too...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I saw your post after I posted mine, but star for you; we seem to be on similar wavelengths.

A highly fascinating topic, and one to be flagged into everlasting internet life by the ATS members! Let's hope something truly does come of this; however, I share the pessimism of a few other posters who have commented that it is unlikely this technology will become available to the masses in our lifetime.

Note - I haven't a clue whether this technology works yet, but watching with a trademark beady eye....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a free energy device sound great, an end to all of humanities problems, but will it?
imho, it will be the start of a whole new crop of problems...
fossil energy fueled the current population explosion, free energy will fuel hyper overpopulation.

the planet will never be the same. it will be molded and shaped into man's whim.
a population explosion will force the cutting of forests for human habitation and agriculture.
the oceans will be drained of fish. most species will not survive, there wont be room for them.

imagine a world where there is no night. artificial suns will light the planet 24/7.
human freedoms will be lost. you'll live in your tiny cube just like your fellow billions.
forget the suburbs. only the most rich will be able to afford "space"

oh yeah, there'll be electric cars. too bad the roads will be so jammed as to make current
transportation useless. that is, of course, if you can afford an e-car at all.
cause jobs will be scarce. who needs to pay expensive humans to perform jobs when
free energy fueled machines do all the work?

portable, long life energy sources will fuel the creation of endless types of autonomic devices.
devices controlled by computers will be the new order. they will have the jobs, you won't.

yup, the future of a world fueled by free energy devices could well look like a scene out of hell.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Father,

I found this:

it.wikipedia.org...

End of business and legal problems [ edit ]

In the 80s of last century, the company accumulates a large amount of waste (about 56,000 tonnes) disposed of about 300 companies attracted by low costs of disposal. Although such waste is often an industrial and high-level pollutant, Petroldragon Stocchero them in various areas that are almost never appropriate, creating a situation that will lead to as many as 11 inquiries from many proxies.
This state of affairs will ensure that in the early 1990, the then commissioner of the environment of the Region of Lombardy, Petroldragon to revoke the license of waste disposal and consequently the company will be closed.
Subsequently, the company is put into a state of accusation and trial for various crimes. It is therefore ordered and initiated proceedings for compensation for the disposal costs, amounting to almost € 50 million, supported by the Lombardy Region and the state. In the autumn of 2001 is a transaction that made grants to 300 companies and Petroldragon compensation of approximately EUR 5 million.
In 1995, Andrea Rossi is jailed for " conspiracy to tax fraud for a business of processing and trading of precious materials , causing a traffic of gold bullion between Switzerland and Italy.
The defense [ edit ]

For its part, the person concerned has based its defense by stating that the basis of legal problems suffered by Petroldragon there was a legal argument rather simple: until the end of the 80 ' all the waste from used to develop the final product were regarded as secondary raw materials and fuel oil was considered a finished product, with these conditions throughout the production process from the beginning was monitored by public authorities ( Guardia di Finanza ) and was from the beginning subject to the tax regime and regulatory plans for producing and refining of these substances you.
From a certain point on all the secondary raw materials at the base of the transformation process from Petroldragon, was awarded the title of special waste and as a result, permase that title for all products. The treatment of special waste requires special permits and authorizations, as well as processing procedures, very special. Anyone who does not have those conditions at work in total lawlessness.
The group-Petroldragon Omar did not have any of that and everything worked and the product ready for sale, as well as all the product awaiting processing, being considered as special waste and not commercial product, was immediately frozen and seized, the same fate befell the factory and all the customers supplied from it because neither the first nor the second had the necessary permissions.
Andrea Rossi was jailed and 56 will undergo processes that engage for about 17 years. Of all these processes, all the more serious ones for which he was imprisoned, they will end with acquittal. Of the remaining processes, which are exclusively tax reasons, caused by the bankruptcy of the companies concerned, will end up with 5 sentences, the others will end in acquittals, and requirements.

It is interesting can anyone get anymore dirt on this? It seems like the process is sound and repeatable by another party so it is more of "who's on first" argument with a lawsuit.

This makes more sense of why people are keeping a yard stick (more close to a mile) away from this subject that are knowledgeable of this subject.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Thank you Phenomium, now this is juicy, it would be worthwhile to check on Rupert Murdoch to see if he has anything to do with this or if it is an editor with revenge in mind for something........

I cannot connect Murdoch with oil though, can you?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Patents don't work like that mate.

A patent simply means that another company or individual cannot produce the invention and sell it or market it.

Patents cannot prevent *anyone* from producing your own version of the patented invention, using the actual patent documents as a guide.

You could build a device identical to the patented one, but you simply cannot sell it or mass produce it.

These devices are (by all accounts) relatively easy to construct by DIYers, once everything is ironed out and kits are designed.

IOW, there would be *nothing* stopping any of us from looking at the patents and replicating the device for our own personal use.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Free energy phenomenon is real. There are many ways to achieve it. The problem is how you can change the 300 years old paradigm claiming that there is no such thing as free energy.

And how you can prove it with a sold physical (as well as mathematical) theory. A phenomenon is a phenomenon like that of ghosts, bigfoot, UFO etc. Unless you have a solid theoretical proof backing up the phenomenon, it can always be called dubious. There is nothing to prevent it from being treated like that.

Cold fusion may be real. But where is the mathematical, physical proof? Pons and Fleishman were ostracized for this exploration in the late 1980s.

You still can make the device and sell it without any physical theoretical proof, but the point is that when there are other simpler devices with more solid theoretical backing come out, the cold fusion technology will be outdated.

No need to claim as if it is the only one and/or earth shattering.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
First of all, making a patent on something will not make you rich enough if you are a greedy person. Also, TPTB can create economic and ecological disasters quite easily with oil, and I don`t see them letting go of one of their favorite "toys" so easily. As far as why this isn`t in the MSM, has it been proven? If they reported every supposed free energy system they would discredit themselves when they turned out bogus. Perhaps they are waiting for a confirmation before making a statement to the public? Of course we know the many other reasons they wouldn`t want to report it. But there`s at least a good reason if it hasn`t been proven yet. Hook it up to someone`s house and videotape them ripping up their power bill and disconnecting from the "grid" and that will be newsworthy. Heck, show us it can run a lightbulb... Hopefully with time this will come to light, assuming it is the real mccoy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Alot of stars and flags on this thread and not much discussion, guess that is because you pretty much had the burning question but was spot on with the answer.
Hells yeah the human race would benefit off of this huuuuge.
You mention the invention of fire and early man, if i am the guy with the smoldering pit of coals and am getting paid by the people fighting to be closest to the smoke and warmth, im gonna throw water on your pit, same as what the ptb do with new tech.
Shame though, if we all rowed the oars in the same direction we could have colonized other planets with the tech we'd stumble across.
Good article.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The "main stream media" for this type of news is one of the science journals. Putting something like this in an ordinary newspaper would be pointless. The average reader is looking for Walmart coupons to snip. Why not give a science book to a goat and hope for a miracle?

Do you really expect to see such scientifically arcane information in the daily rag? Not me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join