It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

where did you get this information from, i would truly love to know...

From Jesus.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except through me."

Was Jesus mistaken? Perhaps He was tired that day and meant to include Muhammad and Buddha?

Im not even going to argue with you on this... im afraid you don't understand what he meant when he said that...

How very narrow minded of you....very christian as well...

Oh I understand alright, it,s those of you that claim belief in Him but than only want to take a part of it and leave the rest. Well you can't have it that way, you either except all of it or nothing.
And you can say what you want it doesn't matter. I don't answer to you. And of course neither you to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by hawaii50th

And this atheist he's nothing but a joke and laughs at everything so another pointless one.

Well, it's not as if you're making it hard for me...some of the fundamentalist claims are hilarious
(and also kinda sad at the same time given we live in the 21st century and not the middle ages)

I heard there's a place for people who take stuff literally, it's called the Westboro Baptist Church

As for you, you had your mind made up a long time ago before here, and you can laugh all you want. Your just they type that loves to blame others for your own short comings and narrow mindedness.
Say what you want I don't really care.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

reply to post by Akragon

From Jesus.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except through me."

Was Jesus mistaken? Perhaps He was tired that day and meant to include Muhammad and Buddha?

Im not even going to argue with you on this... im afraid you don't understand what he meant when he said that...

Oh I understand alright, it,s those of you that claim belief in Him but than only want to take a part of it and leave the rest. Well you can't have it that way, you either except all of it or nothing.
And you can say what you want it doesn't matter. I don't answer to you. And of course neither you to me.

Don't group me in with the rest of the people you're talking about... i understand completely.

I have no need to debate with those who willingly chose to be blind... If you chose not to be, then we can comunicate but unfortunatly you believe what you believe... And you're free to do so...

edit on 3-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
To ponder - - just because - - different meanings different translations:

The question the modern believer must ask is this: Do you truly believe the words of our Lord when He said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6 NIV)? If you believe these words, then you have only one option: You must be ready to cast off the manmade doctrines of error that have become infused into modern Christianity, and become a genuine disciple of the Light. If you truly believe, then you must begin your search for the real Jesus. The true Christians are not those who believe in the antichrist of Constantine or the very carnal and Pagan doctrines of the Roman Church -- but rather, those who realize that they must have Jesus the Nazirene, and no other. True Christians know that it is not enough to believe, they must believe the Truth -- which Truth can only be received directly from the Lord. Further, you must receive and become your true self -- i.e., the Being of Light, while you are still alive in the physical body -- as demonstrated in the words from the Gospel Of Philip: "If anyone becomes a child of the bridal chamber, he will receive the light. If anyone does not receive it while he is here, he will not be able to receive it in the other place. He who will receive that light will not be seen, nor can he be detained. And none shall be able to torment a person like this, even while he dwells in the world. And again when he leaves the world, he has already received the truth in the images. The world has become the Aeon (eternal realm), for the Aeon is fullness for him. This is the way it is: it is revealed to him alone, not hidden in the darkness and the night but hidden in a perfect day and a holy light."

beingoflight.brotherofyeshua.com...
edit on 3-4-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

In other words...you ran out of arguments

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
To ponder - - just because - - different meanings different translations:

The question the modern believer must ask is this: Do you truly believe the words of our Lord when He said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6 NIV)? If you believe these words, then you have only one option: You must be ready to cast off the manmade doctrines of error that have become infused into modern Christianity, and become a genuine disciple of the Light. If you truly believe, then you must begin your search for the real Jesus. The true Christians are not those who believe in the antichrist of Constantine or the very carnal and Pagan doctrines of the Roman Church -- but rather, those who realize that they must have Jesus the Nazirene, and no other. True Christians know that it is not enough to believe, they must believe the Truth -- which Truth can only be received directly from the Lord. Further, you must receive and become your true self -- i.e., the Being of Light, while you are still alive in the physical body -- as demonstrated in the words from the Gospel Of Philip: "If anyone becomes a child of the bridal chamber, he will receive the light. If anyone does not receive it while he is here, he will not be able to receive it in the other place. He who will receive that light will not be seen, nor can he be detained. And none shall be able to torment a person like this, even while he dwells in the world. And again when he leaves the world, he has already received the truth in the images. The world has become the Aeon (eternal realm), for the Aeon is fullness for him. This is the way it is: it is revealed to him alone, not hidden in the darkness and the night but hidden in a perfect day and a holy light."

beingoflight.brotherofyeshua.com...

Thanks for the link. These folks seem to have it going on. I will check it out some more, but they certainly seem to be on the path at first glance.

With Love,

Your Friend

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Thanks for the link. These folks seem to have it going on. I will check it out some more, but they certainly seem to be on the path at first glance.

With Love,

Your Friend

Yes - I like reading from that site.

That's where I got the "read from above - - not from below". In other words read Jesus' words as if you are an Energy Light Being (from above) - - - not from the physical world (below).

It is very enlightening - - - and really makes a lot more sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I thought this quote from your site might add to this arguement...
It Is Not A Sin To Be Deceived By The god Of This World

It Is Only A Sin When God Provides You The Means

To Seek The Knowledge And Divine Manna Of The Kingdom

And You Continue To Cling To The Doctrines Of Men

And The Ways of This World

Almost perfectly suited to this thread

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's good Akragon.

Here's a new article. Jesus would be appalled - IMO.

Antigay Groups Added to List of Haters - - By Winston Gieseke

Are some Christian or “pro-family” organizations that speak out against homosexuality promoting hate? Yes, says the Southern Poverty Law Center, whose website contains a map charting more than 1,000 active hate groups in the United States.

A recent issue of the SPLC’s magazine, Intelligent Report, claims that gays are now the most targeted minority in America. Among the hate groups on their list are 13 organizations who have taken a public stance against homosexuality, including the Christian group, Family Research Council.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

haha, don't americans always need a target?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

From Jesus.

Oh I understand alright, it's those of you that claim belief in Him but than only want to take a part of it and leave the rest. Well you can't have it that way, you either except all of it or nothing.

Don't group me in with the rest of the people you're talking about... i understand completely.

I have no need to debate with those who willingly chose to be blind... If you chose not to be, then we can comunicate but unfortunatly you believe what you believe... And you're free to do so...

So you don't want to be grouped in with the rest, well don't sound like your so into what certain ones are making up and claiming then. Show your independence from them much more clearly so I understand you better. At first you did seem apart from the others and seemed to be much more knowledgeable about scripture then they are, but then you seem to lean in their direction. I couldn't figure you out.
I don't see what's so hard to understand, the message of Christ is the central part of Christianity. And it comes out of the written Word. But you got people that refute and deny that the bible is not real. How the heck can you know any of Christ's teachings if you don't believe in what it says in the New Testament, it's an account of Jesus Christ's life and teaching. Anything else would be all made up out of nothing which they are doing, and that's heresy.
Than you got this yoyo that's going on about the Catholic Church and how they screwed it all up, that's not what we're talking about. I think we covered man made religion and it's inadequacy a long while ago. This is about straight forward Christianity out of what is written in the bible, and all about the teachings of Christ to His church His believing followers.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

In other words...you ran out of arguments

No I just grew tired of you and your childishness.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

From Jesus.

Oh I understand alright, it's those of you that claim belief in Him but than only want to take a part of it and leave the rest. Well you can't have it that way, you either except all of it or nothing.

So you don't want to be grouped in with the rest, well don't sound like your so into what certain ones are making up and claiming then. Show your independence from them much more clearly so I understand you better. At first you did seem apart from the others and seemed to be much more knowledgeable about scripture then they are, but then you seem to lean in their direction. I couldn't figure you out.
I don't see what's so hard to understand, the message of Christ is the central part of Christianity. And it comes out of the written Word. But you got people that refute and deny that the bible is not real. How the heck can you know any of Christ's teachings if you don't believe in what it says in the New Testament, it's an account of Jesus Christ's life and teaching. Anything else would be all made up out of nothing which they are doing, and that's heresy.
Than you got this yoyo that's going on about the Catholic Church and how they screwed it all up, that's not what we're talking about. I think we covered man made religion and it's inadequacy a long while ago. This is about straight forward Christianity out of what is written in the bible, and all about the teachings of Christ to His church His believing followers.

Lets try something then shall we?

If you could explain Christs teachings in one sentence, what would you say?

And by the way.........Im NOT christian...

Geez i have to say that in every thread...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

From Jesus.

It's not hard to understand. Jesus is the only way.

You don't need a Ph D to understand the gospel of Jesus Christ.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

We were warned that there would be false prophets who would lead many astray, you must think the Lord was lying when He said that as well. You have no issues thinking God is a liar when He said all men have sinned and fallen short of His glory.

Uh huh - - - and of course Your belief is the True belief. You couldn't possibly be following a false prophet.

Hardly.

You are no different that anyone else. You believe what you believe - - - because it is what YOU Choose to believe.

Actually my choice was Atheism and Evolution. I didn't choose Christ, He chose me.

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

John 15:16

But - but - - "I follow the written word" - - - there are lots of written words. And I'm sure who ever wrote them believed everything they wrote at the time.

The written Word and the Living Word, they are the one and same, Jesus Christ.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Believe me your wasting your time with this iam, character, I've been there done that and he's a lost cause.

Sorry, but IAMIAM is not the only person reading this thread. Secondly, no one is a "lost cause". With the Lord all things are possible.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you could explain Christs teachings in one sentence, what would you say?

On what topic? Salvation? Eternal life? Please be more specific, if you want the topic He spoke most about that would be Hell. Christ spoke more about Hell than any other subject.

What topic would you prefer?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Actually my choice was Atheism and Evolution. I didn't choose Christ, He chose me.

Well He didn't choose me. At least the man-made version you speak of didn't. And I don't want him to.

Not even in my 20 year quest of trying to find God.

Perhaps it was Jesus who came to me in that OBE I had when I was 5. Sure looked like him in that long simple white robe.

I have been guided all my life - - someone is watching over me - - and they say "Believe from your Heart and Soul". And it is interesting that their biggest warning is - - beware of false prophets.

To each their own. We will all find out someday.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

From Jesus.

It's not hard to understand. Jesus is the only way.

You don't need a Ph D to understand the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Meaning what... You get a stamp on your wrist and tada?

Please explain

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join