It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You may hear a "voice", but it's not God's. God will never contradict His written Word.

You mean the bible? The book written by MEN?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Sorry random internet person, but the Word of God is the only authority in my life. I live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Random internet person? First off - - I joined ATS in 2007 - - you joined in 2008.

The word of God? What word would that be exactly?

I do find it interesting when anyone believes the ancient texts.

Sorry - - but it is all BS to me

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Talking snakes

Of course biologically it's complete and utter nonsense...but I wished talking snakes were real and not fictional characters like Harry Potter. Imagine how cool it would be to have a snake with the voice of Barry White.

edit on 3-4-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by hawaii50th
You are totally misunderstanding the meaning of fearing God from our perspective.

NO - I'm not.

I was raised Christian.

Then what is this, the love of God, the fear of God that you can't live with both. Yeah sure if you don't understand what is meant by the term having the fear of God in you.

How sad that people actually think this way. You can live with the Love of God in your Heart or You can live in Fear of God. You can not do both

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Sorry random internet person, but the Word of God is the only authority in my life. I live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Random internet person? First off - - I joined ATS in 2007 - - you joined in 2008.

The word of God? What word would that be exactly?

I do find it interesting when anyone believes the ancient texts.

Sorry - - but it is all BS to me

That's how uneducated people are these days when it does come to the ancient text of the bible, it has been proven by other finds to be very old writings. And if you don't believe that what is written was preserved by the Holy Spirit of God as His Word for us to follow, than you are left with much misinterpretation, and confusion as being shown by you and a few others in this thread. You throw out bible scripture than your off to create your own kinds of beliefs which all of you are exactly doing. This is what has been called for centuries as one of the abominations that will take place before the return of Christ.
But because man is wicked in his heart and insist on conducting himself in lewd and immoral ways, this is what will happen in those days leading up to Christ's return, The warnings are before you, but you choose to look away just to satisfy your own lust. This is pure folly and dangerous to your own souls, but this is what you choose and that's the end of that.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I tell you and I tell all the world, I AM a man without Sin

Then by your own words you are making God a liar and demonstrate His Word is NOT in you.

"If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." 1 John 1:10

By your own admission you demonstrate self-deception and the truth is NOT in you.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8

I AM, you're self-deceived and His Word and truth is NOT in you. You're a false teacher. Christ warned about you.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15

Don't get angry or impatient with them, it is not worth the waist of energy. Just keep proclaiming the Word of God as you have. Their efforts are in vain, The One and true God will continue to prevail, He will take care of everything in the end.

Ezekiel 13:2-4 (Amplified Bible)
2 Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy out of their own mind and heart, Hear the word of the Lord!
3 Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit [and things they have not seen] and have seen nothing!
4 O Israel, your prophets have been like foxes among ruins and in waste places.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
Ezekiel 13:2-4 (Amplified Bible)
2 Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy out of their own mind and heart, Hear the word of the Lord!
3 Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit [and things they have not seen] and have seen nothing!
4 O Israel, your prophets have been like foxes among ruins and in waste places.

1And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD; 3Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing! 4O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts. 5Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD. 6They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word. 7Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken? 8Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD. 9And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD. 10Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter: 11Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it. 12Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it? 13Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it. 14So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the LORD. 15Thus will I accomplish my wrath upon the wall, and upon them that have daubed it with untempered morter, and will say unto you, The wall is no more, neither they that daubed it; 16To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord GOD.

I love when You share scripture. You always without fail provide scripture that supports me.

I knew you loved me...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

You may hear a "voice", but it's not God's. God will never contradict His written Word.

Oh, that would explain why there are so many interpretations of scripture,

There are two interpretations: The Textus Receptus, the same Greek manuscript the church at Antioch used and taught from, and the Gnostic manuscripts from Alexandria, Egypt that all modern Bible PERversions are based upon.

Thank the Gnostics for expurgating 85,000 words and 3,000 verses from God's word yjay dodn't agree with their heresies.

so many denominations of Christianity,

We were warned that there would be false prophets who would lead many astray, you must think the Lord was lying when He said that as well. You have no issues thinking God is a liar when He said all men have sinned and fallen short of His glory.

Why should I believe your interpretation of the Bible?

so many different understandings of Judaism,

Which Revelation says they think they are Jews but are not, but are the "synagogue of satan" instead.

so many sects of Islam, so many branches of Buddhism, and so so many other religions.

Yes, false religions and doctrines of demons. Who cares what Islam teaches or Buddhism?? They teach nothing about God but are religions of satan.

Maybe if you understood that the Holy Spirit is within YOU and what it says is right to you is for YOU only, you would understand there is NO contradiction.

LOLOL!!!! Lemme get this straight, this "holy" spirit will tell one person that ALL have sinned, every one, yet tell another person that they are perfect and not a sinner??

You're self-deceived and His truth and Word are not in you. You're a false prophet, all declared so by the Word of God. His Word says so, and sorry, the "gospel of IAM" carries zero weight outside of your mind. Follow your false gospel and doctrines of men, it's your eternal destiny at jeopardy.

As for me and my house we shall follow the Lord and His Word. You're unlearned and unstable. You twist the scriptures to your own destruction.

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." 2 Peter 3:15-16

Ah, but you know God better than anyone else right...

More lies from your mouth false prophet. I never claimed to know God "better than anyone else".

edit on 3-4-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
"One can be very sincere about what they believe, but if their belief is in the wrong object, they are simply sincerely wrong."

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yes, false religions and doctrines of demons. Who cares what Islam teaches or Buddhism?? They teach nothing about God but are religions of satan.

where did you get this information from, i would truly love to know...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

From Jesus.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except through me."

Was Jesus mistaken? Perhaps He was tired that day and meant to include Muhammad and Buddha?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And you read that in the bible...or other scriptures...all written by MEN. You have ZERO objective evidence proving the claim that's what Jesus really said, or if he even existed.

But it's ok, you can continue to be bigoted against other religions...they too claim they "got it right and you got it wrong". And just like you, they also have no objective evidence

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

LOLOL!!!! Lemme get this straight, this "holy" spirit will tell one person that ALL have sinned, every one, yet tell another person that they are perfect and not a sinner??

This may come as a shock to you, but the concept of Sin is not indigenous to the majority of the world. It started with the Jews, ended with Christ, and was resurrected by those who wouldn't know Christ if he came galloping through the clouds on a white horse with power and great glory. No, Sin is blinding and those who see nothing but sin in this world have judged falsely this glorious creation we have been gifted.

You're self-deceived and His truth and Word are not in you. You're a false prophet, all declared so by the Word of God. His Word says so, and sorry, the "gospel of IAM" carries zero weight outside of your mind. Follow your false gospel and doctrines of men, it's your eternal destiny at jeopardy.

I never claimed to know God "better than anyone else".

Oh but you do. Don't lie about it. You are only deceiving yourself for all can see in your own words that you do claim this. You call others false prophets who don't agree with you, you call jews false jews who do not share your view. You insist that your interpretation of scripture is the ONLY way to understand scripture, yet cannot ever provide more than a sound bite taken out of context to justify your warped understanding. You DO claim to be better and to know better. What's sad about it is you are so blinded by your hatred of others you cannot even see what you are doing.

I once went to an AA meeting to see what it was all about. I believe their program can help you. First, you must admit you have a problem. That problem is that you just don't know what you are talking about. Then in acknowledging that you have a problem beyond your control, you are humbled enough to turn to a higher power for help. I won't spoil it for you, but will hope that one day you make it past the denial stage.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

This may come as a shock to you, but the concept of Sin is not indigenous to the majority of the world. It started with the Jews, ended with Christ, and was resurrected by those who wouldn't know Christ if he came galloping through the clouds on a white horse with power and great glory. No, Sin is blinding and those who see nothing but sin in this world have judged falsely this glorious creation we have been gifted.

The "majority of the world" are on the broad way to Hell. Jesus declared this, I agree with the Lord. The Bible declares this world is sinful and the devil is "god of this world" (small g). You don't have the Word in you or His Spirit would testify this with your spirit. The Word of God is the final authority in my life.

Oh but you do. Don't lie about it.

Okay, then provide my quote where I claimed to know God "better than everyone else". You claim I'm lying and stated this, prove it or silence your lying lips and deception.

You are only deceiving yourself for all can see in your own words that you do claim this.

Provide my quote to claiming this.

You call others false prophets who don't agree with you,

Wrong, I call others false prophets who don't agree with the WORD OF GOD. Not because I sat around and thought this idea up, it's because the Word of God declares them false prophets. I agree with the Word of God.

you call jews false jews who do not share your view.

No, the Word declares them false Jews, I agree with the Word of God:

"I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan." Revelation 2:9

"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee." Revelation 3:9

You insist that your interpretation of scripture is the ONLY way to understand scripture, yet cannot ever provide more than a sound bite taken out of context to justify your warped understanding.

Wow, the irony of that statement is astounding.

You DO claim to be better and to know better.

I have NEVER claimed to be better than anyone else. You're a liar IAM. Can you provide my quote to claim I am "better" or "know better" than anyone else? provide the quote or silence your lying lips. I am CERTAINLY NOT better than anyone else. I am a sinner, I don't deserve God's grace by anything I have ever done in my flesh. My salvation rests upon His mercy and forgiveness, NOTHING of my own merits.

What's sad about it is you are so blinded by your hatred of others you cannot even see what you are doing.

I hate no one, I even pray for you daily, that God will bless you abundantly. I wish no one ill will. But know this, my final authority is God's Word and His Word will I defend.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Annee

Talking snakes

Of course biologically it's complete and utter nonsense...but I wished talking snakes were real and not fictional characters like Harry Potter. Imagine how cool it would be to have a snake with the voice of Barry White.

Love it!

I have no problem believing advanced evolved "off planet" beings for centuries have involved themselves in the progression of humans - - technically - physically - and evolvement in spiritual/compassion.

I have no problem accepting written text of the time reflected what man understood with the knowledge level he had at the time.

But to claim those words and meanings are fully understood today and unchangeable over centuries - - - and are the "exact words" of Jesus/God - - - along with the fact there is zero proof he ever existed - - - is definitely delusional.

Not a chance.

Those choosing to believe any specific translation/meaning - - - are Choosing it. They are Choosing which translation/interpretation to believe.

They could just as easily in good conscious/compassion Choose to believe an alternate translation/interpretation.

To continue to hold on to a negative and cruel belief - - - which is exactly the same as believing Epilepsy was being possessed by the Devil - - until science proved it was physical - - is hateful and fear based.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

We were warned that there would be false prophets who would lead many astray, you must think the Lord was lying when He said that as well. You have no issues thinking God is a liar when He said all men have sinned and fallen short of His glory.

Uh huh - - - and of course Your belief is the True belief. You couldn't possibly be following a false prophet.

You are no different that anyone else. You believe what you believe - - - because it is what YOU Choose to believe.

But - but - - "I follow the written word" - - - there are lots of written words. And I'm sure who ever wrote them believed everything they wrote at the time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I showed earlier. There are alternate meanings and translations by religious scholars.

I choose the one that is most logical. The one that explains how the scriptures regarding reference to men with men - - - applied to the time it was written. As many parts of the bible are not logical today.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm always chuckling at people who claim they have the only "truth" when they aren't even able to back it up with objective evidence...it's like talking to a girl claiming there's monsters under her bed

Funny enough, most religious people claim to have the "only truth", no matter which religion they follow...and often that makes them being ignorant towards facts. Especially western religions are highly inflexible and continue to follow doctrines and dogmas that are demonstrably complete garbage.

Christianity is bleeding members quickly because listening to (evangelical) fundamentalists is such a turnoff given that science is able to completely debunk so many of their claims. But they close their eyes and ears, and continue to preach their hogwash

Religions have always come and gone, and unless they are flexible and don't take stupid stuff literally, they won't survive the 21st century.

@Noturtypical: Yeah yeah, I know, the Dalai Lama is spreading lies because he's not using the same book as you...or he's possessed by the devil...blablabla

edit on 3-4-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Believe me your wasting your time with this iam, character, I've been there done that and he's a lost cause. And this atheist he's nothing but a joke and laughs at everything so another pointless one. They all have to learn for themselves, no amount of proof or scripture will make a difference in these people they have been blinded and choose to remain that way. It's like when Christ walked on the earth and people saw with their own eyes and heard with their own ears and still didn't believe or recognize Him. Today it's even going to be worse, there are way more foolish ones making declarations that are false and the sad thing is, they are misleading many. But we can't do anything about that except to pray for them, that they might see their way into the light of their Savior, and find the true path.
Although, from all that has been said here, hopefully some will choose the right way, because they can see the truth in the Lord's Word, they may be the silent ones that happen to come by here and read what's been posted, so all might not have been in vain. Again prayer is the only answer and hope, that alone is a great power.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

From Jesus.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except through me."

Was Jesus mistaken? Perhaps He was tired that day and meant to include Muhammad and Buddha?

Im not even going to argue with you on this... im afraid you don't understand what he meant when he said that...

How very narrow minded of you....very christian as well...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

And this atheist he's nothing but a joke and laughs at everything so another pointless one.

Well, it's not as if you're making it hard for me...some of the fundamentalist claims are hilarious
(and also kinda sad at the same time given we live in the 21st century and not the middle ages)

I heard there's a place for people who take stuff literally, it's called the Westboro Baptist Church

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join