It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
IAM,

But going back to my point above, if you never show others their sin what would make them want to seek a Savior? If they don't know they are in violation to God's Laws and Commandments why should they seek a Savior for their sins? Christ made this point with the "sick" and "doctor" analogy.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Well, this is just me, but i consider it important to be able to use varying types of bait depending on the situation. And another difference between us might be our "spiritual gifts" if you're also born again. My main gift is prophecy, and as a prophet we tend to be very critical of ourselves, we magnify our own shortcomings and feel very unworthy for the responsibilities given to us. We are also very bold in proclaiming God's Word and for this reason are often abrasive to others. It's just they way we have been gifted, in old times it got us in prison or martyred. Perhaps if you're born again your gift is exhortation and encouragement?

My gift is love. I am able to love everyone without judgement equally. I did not know you were a prophet. Prophecy is God's way of proving someone speaks his word. I make prophecies when I am moved to do so. Even in this forum I have done so and my words have been revealed as truth. It is not my gift for I only speak of prophecy what I am told to speak and when I am told to do so. What prophecy have you made to prove you speak for the divine?

Like I've said many times I don't have any personal hatred or animosity towards you as a person or a human soul. My anger and indignation is against false doctrine, or when a person treads God's Word. It's a defense of His Word. I love God's Word because it's the most important thing to Him, the Psalmist even said God magnifies His Word above His own name:

I do not need to defend his word for he is more than capable of defending it himself. I tell you truly his word is the essence of love, without love any word spoken in his name is empty. Judge none that you will not be judged yourself. Ever notice when you condemn homosexuals, they immediately turn on you and condemn you? So will anyone you judge as a sinner. You may think it right, but you are wrong, and the judgement against you in return is proof.

If you are so certain the Lord will protect you in calling out sinners, prove it by going to your nearest biker club such as the Mongrels or Hells Angels, and tell them how they sin. Save those souls through reproach, and indeed you will be a saint.

I ask you to do nothing I have not done myself. The difference lies in the method.

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalm 138:2

And Jesus said men shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds out of the mouth of God..
(Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4)

And Paul says that all of scripture is inspired or "breathed" by God, and God dictated the Torah to Moses Himself. Jesus authenticated the scripture of the prophets as well.

So, in closing, I never have hated you or wished you ill will. My indignation has been on the twisting and slighting of the written Word of God. I have been defending it

edit on 4-4-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

I assure you I have no hard feelings to you either. I give you a good debate only because your tactics drive men from Christ and do not come off as loving. If you too are indeed a sinner, then work on your own sins. Then men will respect you and flock to you. Saying you are a sinner certainly does not give one the right to swing the sinner stick, most especially because not every one has that concept in their culture. What of those cultures that are loving and peaceful?

The world needs peacemakers more than anything at this moment in time. Those who build walls between Man and the Kingdom of God will find those walls rocked to the foundation. Do not be a wall builder. Tear down your walls and unite mankind.

Love one another.

That is the whole of the Law.

edit on 4-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

But going back to my point above, if you never show others their sin what would make them want to seek a Savior? If they don't know they are in violation to God's Laws and Commandments why should they seek a Savior for their sins? Christ made this point with the "sick" and "doctor" analogy.

I know how to tell when someone is sick my friend. When I see them sick, I save them. I am their savior. When they say thank you and ask who I am that they may give thanks, I say thank Christ for it is in his name that I help.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

If you are so certain the Lord will protect you in calling out sinners, prove it by going to your nearest biker club such as the Mongrels or Hells Angels, and tell them how they sin. Save those souls through reproach, and indeed you will be a saint.

Hahahaha, i love this!!

Bravo my friend!!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

IAM,

. . . if you never show others their sin what would make them want to seek a Savior?

I support personal responsibility.

A statement like this really makes me want to hurl.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

IAM,

. . . if you never show others their sin what would make them want to seek a Savior?

I support personal responsibility.

A statement like this really makes me want to hurl.

I agree

Every person with out exception knows whats right and whats not. Its more about if they chose to follow what they know is right...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Big Cheshire Grin to the Hurly Dude!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Every person with out exception knows whats right and whats not. Its more about if they chose to follow what they know is right...

I'd say "cause no harm" - - - is the only law we need to live by.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

I know how to tell when someone is sick my friend. When I see them sick, I save them. I am their savior. When they say thank you and ask who I am that they may give thanks, I say thank Christ for it is in his name that I help.

Okay, now consider that Christ used "sick" as a metaphor for sin in His illustration. After all, right after that comment Jesus said He came to call "sinners to repentance".

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Okay, now consider that Christ used "sick" as a metaphor for sin in His illustration. After all, right after that comment Jesus said He came to call "sinners to repentance".

Anyone besides me getting tired of all this negativity?

Sin - sinner - born in sin - repent - we are all sinners

Not any god I want anything to do with.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I do not need to defend his word for he is more than capable of defending it himself. I tell you truly his word is the essence of love, without love any word spoken in his name is empty. Judge none that you will not be judged yourself. Ever notice when you condemn homosexuals, they immediately turn on you and condemn you? So will anyone you judge as a sinner. You may think it right, but you are wrong, and the judgement against you in return is proof.

And I AGREE, I am a sinner!

"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

"All" includes myself. I have no issues admitting my sins. Also, I tell the homosexual that their sin is no different than a lie, murder, stealing, et cetra. I never claim homosexuality is a "worse" sin than another. there is only one sin Christ said was unforgivable, and it wasn't homosexuality. Men view these acts as more worse than others but God does not.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'd say "cause no harm" - - - is the only law we need to live by.

Absolutly that is part of it.... Thou shall not Harm is the better way of seeing that commandment.

You're forgetting the love though my friend! Truely to do no harm requires love, but you must love everything and everyone....because God is all, and all is God...So if you love everyone you're also loving God.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Indeed he was using it as a metaphor, and yes he was calling sinners to repentance. How? By not judging them, dwelling among them, healing them, providing all that they need, and loving them as his own.

We are about to circle back to where we were two pages ago, so forgive me if I leave this here.

"All" includes myself. I have no issues admitting my sins. Also, I tell the homosexual that their sin is no different than a lie, murder, stealing, et cetra. I never claim homosexuality is a "worse" sin than another. there is only one sin Christ said was unforgivable, and it wasn't homosexuality. Men view these acts as more worse than others but God does not.

I see you as perfect. Really, I sincerely see you as perfect. If you say you are a sinner, then fine, you are a sinner, but you are still perfect. Here is why.

You are a product of your life. You would not be who you are if you had not been born the way you were and lived the life you have lead. All this is beyond your control. It is the end result of consequences so vast, you cannot even recount them all. If you had been born differently, in a different place, with a different life experience, you may have ended up as me. You may even have ended up as a homosexual who hates Christianity for the harsh treatment received from some Christians. It is a roll of the dice, or divine providence, what ever the case it is the now that matters.

The now is our interaction. I do not know anything about you. What I do know is that you are a human being, my Brother, created by the divine. You do not know my understanding of the divine, nor do I know yours. I know hardly anything about your life. What I do know is you are here and I am here now. Why?

I believe in the divine law exemplified by Christ to love one another. Thus, at this moment, that is all I can do. I do not know anything else about you, your life, your understanding of God, or your physical make-up. I can point out your flaws and tell you you are going to hell if you do not conform to my concept of perfection. That would not cement the bonds between us though would it? It would also not seem very loving as you would only do the same to me. Flawed beings picking out the flaws in each other until we grow so angry at being so exposed that we kill each other off.

No, I cannot do that. You are perfect for God created you. God guided your life. God speaks to you and through you. It is his breath that gives you life, it is his hand that created your body, it is his voice that guides you. Who am I to judge his work? I am no one but your equal. A fellow child of God. I see you as perfect just as I see all as perfect. If God wanted you to be any other way, he would make you that way.

In this, I have faith.

I do not have scripture to back this up. I cannot point to a church that taught me this. This is simply the voice of God within me, talking to the God within you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You're forgetting the love though my friend! Truely to do no harm requires love, but you must love everything and everyone....because God is all, and all is God...So if you love everyone you're also loving God.

I didn't forget Love. Love can't be a law.

You can make one simple law "do no harm" or "cause no harm" - - - but you can't make someone do it with love or understand doing it because of love.

Unconditional pure love requires letting go of self/ego. Self/Ego is a trait of physical human.

Few humans have reached the level of complete release and embracing fully their spirit energy.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

What exactly is this big sin we have all committed.

And Homosexual are being natural as God made them - - just as those with Epilepsy are as God made them.

It always amazes me how many God believers embrace a Down Syndrome child as a "gift from god" - - that He made them that way for a reason. But they condemn homosexuals - - who are also a "gift from god". And have made major contributions to society/humanity.

Such as:

1 Socrates Platonism / Greek philosophy
2 Sappho
3 Oscar Wilde Church of Ireland (Anglican); Catholic
4 Magnus Hirschfeld
5 The Patrons of Stonewall Inn
6 Walt Whitman Quaker; Transcendentalist
7 Gertrude Stein Jewish
8 Karl Heinrich Ulrichs
9 Edward Carpenter
10 J. A. Symonds
11 Mary Wollstonecraft Unitarian
12 Susan B. Anthony Quaker; Unitarian
13 Virginia Woolf Neo-Pagan
14 Alexander the Great Greek state paganism
15 Hadrian
16 St. Augustine Greek state paganism; Manichaeanism; Catholic
17 Michelangelo Buonarroti Catholic
18 Leonardo da Vinci Catholic
19 Christopher Marlowe atheist
20 William Shakespeare Catholic; Anglican
21 Johann Joachim Winckelmann
22 Harry Hay
23 Harvey Milk Jewish
24 Queen Christina of Sweden occultist
25 Edward II
26 Jane Addams
27 Emily Dickinson
28 Radclyffe Hall
29 Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
30 Andre Gide
31 Marcel Proust Jewish Catholic
32 Michel Foucault
33 Andy Warhol Catholic
34 John Cage Buddhist
35 Ruth Benedict
36 James Baldwin
37 Hafiz Muslim
38 Byron
39 The Ladies of Llangollen
40 David and Jonathan Jewish
41 Petronius
42 The Amazons
43 Natalie Barney
44 Eleanor Roosevelt Episcopalian
45 Jean Genet
46 Sergey Diaghilev/Vaslav Nijinsky
47 Adrienne Rich Jewish
48 Larry Kramer Jewish
49 Tennessee Williams Episcopalian; Catholic
50 Rosa Bonheur
51 Author Rimbaud/Paul Verlaine Catholic
52 Audre Lorde Neo-Pagan
53 We'wha Zuni (Native American traditional religion)
54 Florence Nightingale Anglican
55 Willa Cather Episcopalian
56 Barney Frank Jewish
57 Bayard Rustin Quaker
58 E. M. Forster
59 Martha Carey Thomas
60 Christopher Isherwood Hindu (Vedanta Society)
61 Pier Paolo Pasolini atheist
62 Yukio Mishima Japanese Budhido/Shinto/Buddhist culture
63 Rock Hudson Scientologist
64 Sir Harold Nicolson/Vita Sackville-West
65 Eslie de Wolfe
66 Liberace Catholic
67 Allen Ginsberg Jewish; Buddhst
68 Marlene Dietrich mostly nonreligious but superstitious;
nominal Lutheran background
69 Quentin Crisp
70 H.D.
71 Dr. S. Josephine Baker
72 Romaine Brooks
73 Benjamin Britten
74 Rita Mae Brown Lutheran
75 Kate Millett Catholic
76 Martina Navratilova
77 Barbara Gittings
78 Martin Duberman
79 Gloria Anzaldua/Cherrie Moraga
80 Mary Renault
81 Francis Bacon (artist)
82 Derek Jarman
83 Alan Turing
84 Roy Cohn Jewish
85 Anna Freud Jewish; Freudian
86 Entertainers of Harlem:
Gladys Bentley/Ma Rainey/Bessie Smith
87 Dr. Tom Waddell
88 Holly Near
89 Rudolf Nureyev
90 Freddie Mercury Zoroastrian
91 Judy Grahn
92 Edmund White
93 Katherine Philips
94 Ethel Smyth
95 Halston
96 Samuel Delaney
97 Ian McKellen atheist
98 James Merrill
99 Madonna Catholic; Kabbalah
100 Michelangelo Signorile (radio host)

EDIT: Oops! Forgot link: www.adherents.com...
edit on 4-4-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

1. Homosexuality isn't "natural" or men and women would have the ability to fertilize each other.

2. Pardon if I don't bite on the shotgun argumentation fallacy bait.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

1. Homosexuality isn't "natural" or men and women would have the ability to fertilize each other.

BS - - - homosexuality is as normal and natural as you are.

Its as normal and natural as being born with red hair or freckles or green eyes.

We are ALL mutated beings. Not every straight person can reproduce.

Plus - there is nothing wrong with homosexual reproductive organs - - they've been producing offspring for ions. Thank God - - they no longer have to live a lie - - and can use surrogates exactly as straight people do.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If you do not believe homosexuality is normal, go try it out. Being as you are heterosexual, you will not make it very far in the trial. You will most likely get a sick feeling in the stomach and run away from the experience as quickly as you can.

That reaction you just had while trying to be homosexual is the same feeling homosexuals have trying to be straight. I have talked to quite a few and the all describe the experience the same way when they tried to be straight.

Of course then you might say "Well abstain from sex altogether then!". Yeah, how is that working for the Catholics? Better yet, lead the way yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I don't even know what that means.

You want to try again?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
You will most likely get a sick feeling in the stomach and run away from the experience as quickly as you can.

That reaction you just had while trying to be homosexual is the same feeling homosexuals have trying to be straight. I have talked to quite a few and the all describe the experience the same way when they tried to be straight.

Of course then you might say "Well abstain from sex altogether then!". Yeah, how is that working for the Catholics? Better yet, lead the way yourself.

Yes - exactly IAMIAM

The gays I've talked to - - who tried to live straight - - described it the same way.

It made them sick to their stomach. It is not how God made them.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join