It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can it be proven Scientifically, that we can in fact change our future ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
reply to post by purplemer

So has the behaviour of Yin Yang been prewritten or not?

Has a Scientific demonstration been produced, which Verifies whether all has been prewritten or not?

maybe the universe is your mirror and you are far more powerful than you realize. what makes you think science is any different to any other magical belief system. we tend to find what we look for in science, the effect and belief of the observer effects the outcome and ultimately our reality.
If you really want truth, maybe this will help. what do you really know. do you know you where born for example or where you told. what does you experience of life tell you. can you ever remember not being here.
you know you exist, science will not give you the answers it cannot. there is no such thing as a scientific fact. science works on falsification, by disproving itself. you cannot find the answers there.
i could give you my answer, my reality. but that is not yours. reality is relative and so is truth.
when i refereed to the ying and yang i was using to try and bring together opposing truths. we tend to bring truths to opposing points and thinking there different. when really both need the other to exist. they are the same energy. like day and night. can day exist without night or vice verse. can you have life without death.

kx

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Bingo.... now you are onto it or at least part of it...

A Star 4 U.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Some info here. It seems that you can only focus on this field of neuroscience. Philosophical approach isn't scientific. And if you want to talk about spirituality, that too have to be proven.

Neuroscience of free will refers to recent neuroscientific investigations shedding light on the question of free will, which is a philosophical and scientific question as to whether, and in what sense, rational agents exercise control over their actions or decisions. As it has become possible to study the living brain, researchers have begun to watch decision-making processes at work. The field itself remains highly controversial as there is no consensus among researchers about the significance of findings, their meaning, or what conclusions may be drawn. In the light of recent studies, there lies a possibility that the experience of "will" requires re-conceptualization. While this would carry implications for moral responsibility in general, the research below is still new enough to warrant only tentative conclusions.

Neuroscience of free will (wiki)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Thanks 4 the Link I will take a look....

A Star 4 U.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Bingo.... now you are onto it or at least part of it...

A Star 4 U.

ok you gona spill the beans. what you got in mind....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Of course we can change our future...

Example:

I'm sitting on my sofa, and if I keep sitting there and never move, I will probably starve to death and die. But now I'm deciding to change my future...so I get up and get me something to eat. Voila, I changed one possible future.

The future is nothing but the outcome of current events and actions. Since we can control out current actions, we can control our future.

Of course there's always unknowns, but those unknowns are just unknown because we don't have the means (yet) to figure them out in advance. And example was the volcano in Iceland. If we we would have had more information, as in better scientific data, we could have anticipated this in advance. It was an "unknown" for us, but simply because of a lack of information.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Causality is the nature of the universe. As we learn and gain experience, it shapes our minds and how we react to stimuli. Learning, memory and the ability to imagine the future create an illusion of free will. Decisions that we make are the result of our experiences. We're all cogs in a big machine of causality, being pushed and pulled at once by external forces.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Thank you for your comments but we are still looking for any Scientific evidence which proves one situation or the other.

Is all Prewritten or Not?

Surely there has been some Scientific work done in this area.

If so I would love to find any Scientific demonstrations proving either way, whether All has been prewritten or Not.

Either by the establishment or not of an Algorithm or some other method which has produced all.
edit on 3-3-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

My ideas are unimportant as I am looking for a Scientific demonstration which proves either way whether all has been prewritten or Not.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

we can change the future yes, not easy though its changing the past that is theoreticly impossible

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Thanks for your comments...
Can you give me a link to this, and tell me is there Scientific Proof that what you say can be achieved or not?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

My ideas are unimportant as I am looking for a Scientific demonstration which proves either way whether all has been prewritten or Not.

i think what you are looking for is above our present far above our understanding of the universe. we dont even understand the universe and what it is made off or what we are. if it is prewritten it begs the question by whom and what purpose. are you trying to prove the existance of a god or something..

kx

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Thank you for your Comments....

i think what you are looking for is above our present far above our understanding of the universe.

I don't believe it is.. Just different than what is expected.

we dont even understand the universe and what it is made off or what we are.

Correct...

if it is prewritten it begs the question by whom and what purpose.

Possibly.

are you trying to prove the existance of a god or something.

NO. Perhaps something else though.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thank you for your response.

But what we believe to be our choice, may be what was prewritten to happen.

In other words the choice you thought you made, may not be made by you, but is prewritten as though you had made the choice.

So how do we approach this scientifically ?

Hello again, Matrix Traveller,

I read from your other posts in threads that you started that you do have a close relationship with The Father, The Infinite One.

It is natural for us to confront this dilemma about destiny, choise and the future, but as you very brilliantly explained in another thread, all this is really only a story, played out by body puppets, who have forgotten that they are not the body, who cannot own anything at all.

Then why would you be so concerned about changing the story?

I understand that it is an interesting mind excercise and it is good to make people confront it.

If The Father is deeply part of your life, Awareness, then why not just trust Him, make your choices best you can, and leave this unsolvable mystery in His capable Hands? If you are in a prison, how much energy should be used to explore the prison, and how much energy should be used to try and find the way out?

Surely we should be more concerned about getting out of this illusion than trying to solve it?

I really enjoy all your posts, and find truth in all of them, ringing loudly and clearly. You have managed to scientifically lay out exactly the foundation of what I practice. I applause you for that. (unfortunately I don't know how to literally give applause on ATS, or if I am even able to do so. :roll

However, it is important always to bare in mind, that intellect alone cannot lead the way out. I feel sure that you know that, anyway. There are souls in this world, who have very little intelligence, but have found the way out throught their deep love for the Lord.

However, your intellect is most entertaining and I arrive much enjoyment from your reasoning! Thanks once again for a decent OP.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yes.
All potential is predestined.

Scientifically, I agree, it would be difficult to demonstrate.

Proof of a solid nature would revolve around the issue of choice, which precludes regimented and 'one-lane' thinking (although we all know someone who makes the same bad choice, over & over again).

The experience of 'destiny' is less apparent at a microcosmic level...small decisions don't seem to amount to much, in the grand scheme of things...at a macrocosmic level, they can be more apparent...killing someone will attract somewhat destined results, the details may differ, but the end results will look similar.

It's definitely a poser, of a question...the phenomena appears to be of an 'experiential' nature...much given to anecdote and personal experience (which is apparent to all...but perhaps not scientifically), the details of which are almost always rearranged to suit 'agenda', or not...

A future event is all that could possibly and probably happen...to prove this scientifically, you make a choice...
A past event is the collapsing of all but the path chosen from all possible and probable outcomes...
The 'now' is the point at which these pathways are chosen...the nexus point between possible & probable, to, certainly on that 'predestined' path of possible and probable outcomes.

The question probably best rests in the scope of experience of a subjective nature, which is open to all kinds of influences, namely, the abundance of possible & probable outcomes...

Love...I imagine would be quite hard to scientifically test...
My experience of the color red (especially if I am red color-blind)...

Nice question OP

Akushla

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Thank you for your Posts so In hope I don't sound a little harsh... LOL.

You wrote

Then why would you be so concerned about changing the story?

Jesus Said, "Physician Heal thy self".

He who overcomes the World Shall enter the Kingdom.

Christs Teachings are NOT taught today....

Roman Doctrine is taught in the churches today... claiming to be Followers of Christ.

But Jesus made NO mention to a future Roman church or any other denominations which broke away from the Roman church.

Neither did He make any Mention of a Bible that would come...

"The BOOK of LIFE" already exists, which I have both seen and turned the pages of and read NOT in your world.

But in my other thread am going to show people How to open and read the Heavenly Books as is Mentioned in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ".

The opening itself is done by "The Lamb of GOD" but Jesus is NOT "The Lamb of GOD".

Proof....
"JESUS" is "The GOOD SHEPHERD" and a SHEPHERD is NOT a Lamb, but instead looks after "The Lamb of GOD"..

The writings are close in places BUT the Teaching is False.

Jesus said, "Many are around the "Drinking Trough", but the "Cistern" is Empty."

I have already shown "The Lamb of GOD"... in ...

But as it is written, "No One knoweth the "Father" or "The Son save Him who.... etc.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Drawings 0299, 0300,and 0301...

Jesus teaches us to follow Him.... So I do... and He teaches me in person....

edit on 25-1-2012 by The Matrix Traveller because: Syntax

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Pick up something fragile, throw it on the ground.
BAM!
You have changed the future.
Its that simple folks!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Thank you for your Post...

This Thread will interest you from a scientific point of view...

I would love to read your feed back on this thread...

NO, Philosophy, theology or religion in this thread though..... purely technical....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Is it?

Think again....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
How can we change the future if it is NOT there as it is always the Now or the Present.

Is "The Present" referring to the Gift ???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join