It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can it be proven Scientifically, that we can in fact change our future ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Can it be proven Scientifically that we can in fact change our future or have any control over our destiny ?

Or are we only able to experience what has been prewritten as though reading a book, watching a movie we are part of or experiencing a program ?

If we can change the future how can this be proven if we can’t see the future, and therefore have nothing to compare with, which can prove we can control the future ?

If it can't be proven Scientifically that we can change anything in the future, then are we Slaves to an experience which no one can Edit or change ?

If there is Scientific Proof that we are able to change future events I would be very interested in nowing where I can find this.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
In order to gather scientific evidence, so that one can reach a scientific explanation, data needs to be collected. Data cannot be collected from something that is nonexistent and has not occurred.

In this particular aspect, I believe that you are only the slave to your own mind. It is my choice whether I decide to pick up this knife on my desk and jab it into my thigh right now, or if I choose to leave it sitting there. I choose the latter option for now.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

we can't change the future , or past!
I too have this thought now an then...
To me , every event seems like PRE-DETERMINED , somehow...
There is another BIG PROBLEM :
Reality might not be REAL an time might not even exist in fact!
We are perceiving reality only in a limited way!
Even human eye vision is limited!
Makes you wonder , WHAT ELSE IS LIMITED?!
And it might be proven scientifically :
Dr Quantum - Double Slit Experiment
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
You might find this abstract interesting on precognitive dreams and changing them thus affecting the future (changing it).

www.youaredreaming.org...

I wrote it, so I know the material is tight!

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Hmm, the individual has influence in their personal future by way of choice and decisions, therefore shaping, but not determining their destiny. If tomorrow I choose not to go to work, I have switched tracks, so to say, towards a different reality, that will change my future, however subtle or dramatic. But "destiny" is not as valid as future imo, destiny means something out of our control and I personally do not believe that, for me anyways.
Then there is "our" future and whether we can change/affect it, and I think the same applies with choices and decisions.
This is on the microcosm of things though, and on the metaphysical macro psychic quantum levels, who knows?

spec

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thank you for your response.

But what we believe to be our choice, may be what was prewritten to happen.

In other words the choice you thought you made, may not be made by you, but is prewritten as though you had made the choice.

So how do we approach this scientifically ?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Thank you for your response.

An area of great interest, which I have been involved with and advanced to an occupation of designing interfaces which interact with the other end of the Mind.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If any of you have read the Bible , would know that reality is pre-determined and that it cannot be changed !
Maybe slightly , but will "bounce back" on its track wit repercusions for the one that "dissrupted" the course!
And I'm sure of this!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If I understand you correctly you are essentially asking:

"is the entire universe deterministic or is there something like a free will"

This has been the topic of philosophical debates for almost as long as mankind exists but quantum physics has shown that the universe (as it is observed by us) is NOT deterministic. If these results are interpreted correctly then there is plenty of room for free will and consciousness.

More radical philosophical interpretations even claim that consciousness can chose which one of the possible outcomes of any quantum event it wants to *observe*, which timeline to follow into the future. With timelines I mean branches in the many-worlds-interpretation of QM: each *possible* event actually happens (the universe is branching at this point) and we can somehow influence which one we want to observe, on which branch we want to continue from now on.

This radical interpretation if consequently followed to its logical end would make the entire universe a huge but entirely statical tree of possible realities that can be described by something as simple as a mathematical formula setting up the constraints and the relationships of/between all possible universes at all times (Tegmark: "There is only math, thats all there is") and the only thing hat would be (freely!) moving along the branches of this tree would be the consciousness, observing the world in his little corner of the multiverse. Each one of us would live in (and move along) his own branch of this multiverse and even things like "law of attraction" could then be understood very easily and without any logical contradictions.

Or in other words: All non-determinism that we can observe is actually an act of our own free will. The universe is static, we are moving.

Here is an extremely interesting paper that helps introducing you to the basic aspects of this idea: www.fourmilab.ch...

edit on 2-3-2011 by prof7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

edit on 2-3-2011 by Anodyne because: Posted in wrong topic. Sorry

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Hi Matrix Traveller.

Did you know we can change THE PAST ??
If the future can do this to the past, then
the past can surely/maybe do it to the future. . . B-)

Try to buy, rent or borrow what the first line of my signature
link shows. Get the complete 3 DVDs kit.

You will see that science is going very very far in weirdness, fun,
interresting and fantastic !

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by prof7

Excellent answer, which I may personally agree with, but are all possibilities then prewritten ?
Like the structure of a tree such as a directory tree.

So how from a scientific point of view how can it be proven either way which amounts to...

a. All that is involving choice is prewritten which is founded on an Algorithm or other system.

b. All is prewritten having no choice i.e. we have no Control.

c. Nothing is prewritten and we are in control.

or

d. Some other; such as an Algorithm, formula, Scientific function etc

So how can we Scientifically prove what the situation is?

Has there ever been any successful Scientific experiments performed to determine the situation and if so where can I find record of this rather than opinions or beliefs?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If you were to place a machine that generated random numbers every minute in a town of many people concentrating on 1 number... eventually the machine will start generating that number.

in fact, a scientific study was done with this experiment:
saluc.engr.uconn.edu...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Very Interesting....

But was all of this, prewritten or not? (I mean everything involved)

And how can either (prewritten or Not prewritten) be proved Scientifically.

If there has been a Scientific experiment determining this (prewritten or Not prewritten) I would be very interested.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
the universe is a living thing not a mechanical robot. our science paradigm is changing to understand this. the universe exists as an epiphenomena of the mind. quantum physics is verifying this. we are not observers of the universe. we are active co-creators not the victims of chance

Back From the Future A series of quantum experiments shows that measurements performed in the future can influence the present. Does that mean the universe has a destiny—and the laws of physics pull us inexorably toward our prewritten fate

discovermagazine.com...

a nice introductory film into qunatum mechanics. what the bleep do we know.. an eye opener if you havnt seen it before and a great book to check is the self aware universe. goswami..

time moving in one way is an illusion it moves in all ways at same time. we affect the past and the future. a head messer i know..

;-/

kx

edit on 2-3-2011 by purplemer because: cas i can

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thank you for your comments...

I understand where you are coming from but it does Not answer the Question, as what we experience, being of Mind or not, or if we are indeed a part of the universe, may or may not have been prewritten, even if it is the result of an active algorithm, algorithms or other process.

I would agree it is Not by chance.

I say this as there appears to be a structure of behaviour which underpins the Universe whether it be of disorder or order, of the Mind or anything else...

So even if "Time" were to travel in all directions, it still doesn't tell us whether all has been prewritten or not.

The behaviour of what we refer to as "The Laws of Physics", has this been prewritten or not?
As these laws of behaviour seem to continue without change.

If we believe we can change the past or future still does Not tell us whether or Not all has been prewritten or not...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think the point made above is that everything that could've possibly happened or will happen has happened and will happen irrespective of our current state of observation. Thus, what we perceive as free will, is simply us choosing which road we will travel down, and which turns we will make along the way. There is a map of what was, what is and what will be and we get to choose what we see.

So, in kind, I ask can it be proven Scientifically, that we cannot change our future?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

look at it like the ying and yang... the tao
opposing truths. free will vs destiny

they both exist and compliment each other...
its not one or the other.

kx

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Thanks for your Valid comments...
A star 4 U

My thoughts exactly...

So this is why I am asking if any Scientific demonstration exists which proves either one or the other (Prewritten or Not).
If so can they give me a link concerning this.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

So has the behaviour of Yin Yang been prewritten or not?

Has a Scientific demonstration been produced, which Verifies whether all has been prewritten or not?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join