It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay seriously? Idiots need to stop having children.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
wow
all these moms need a slap
this is truly F'ed up

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Okay seriously? What kind of idiot is stupid enough to believe this guy?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Oops...
edit on 3/2/2011 by Amaterasu because: Sorry. Wrong thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Wow, Godwin's Law invoked already? Gee that was quick.
Obviously, some things I say are "tongue in cheek"...Of course I'm not advocating eugenics.
Thanks for your participation though.

You figure I'm invoking Hitler in defense of the stupid? Godwin's Law me arse, and the fact that you cite me on it shows your ignorance on the subject at hand. I'll reference Wiki, cuz I'm not completely caffeinated as yet., and it's simply stated:

The scope and coercion involved in the German eugenics programs along with a strong use of the rhetoric of eugenics and so-called "racial science" throughout the regime created an indelible cultural association between eugenics and the Third Reich in the post-war years. en.wikipedia.org...

There's much more, should you wish to get a perspective in your 'tongue in cheek' comment. Given the horrors perpetrated in the last century, all in name of a 'greater good', some things just aren't funny.

And too many people obviously figure that it's all still a pretty good idea...they don't need any encouragement.

I will agree that if women were allowed better access to abortion should they wish, then a lot of people would have a better shot at life. I might add that figures show the crime rate in the US dropped dramatically after roe v wade.

But let's be careful what we ask for...the thread title is pretty ambiguous at best.
edit on 2-3-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: clarity

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
You figure I'm invoking Hitler in defense of the stupid?

No, I figured that you were invoking Hitler in asserting that I was advocating Eugenics. Like Hitler did. Which is pretty much what you did no?

Your heading? It's called Eugenics. Hitler was big on the subject.

See there? You assumed I was advocating eugenics, and from your assumption, drew a comparison to Hitler.

Godwin's Law me arse

I too, will reference wiki, if you dont mind.

It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[3][2] In other words, Godwin put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope— someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis.
- Source

and the fact that you cite me on it shows your ignorance on the subject at hand.

No. I referenced Godwins Law simply because you criticized a point I made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis.

As for my "ignorance on the subject at hand"...well you are the one the brought up Hitler, not me. And now you are force feeding me a history lesson on the Third Reich. And as I am well versed in that period of history, I feel that you've insulted my intelligence, and for what reason?

Lastly, I'm terribly sorry JohnnyCanuck, I really respect your contributions here as a poster, and I still do. If my tongue in cheek comment upset you or you felt in insensitive, my deepest apologies. If you'd wish to discuss it further, lets take it to U2U?

Your Friend,

Juston

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I was 17 when I had my daughter, I dropped out of college and my Mom decided to move from NY (where we lived) to Flordia about a week after she was born. Her father was in Hawaii and wanted (still doesn't, shes 11 now) nothing to do with us. Talk about poor choices, eh? Well 11 years on, I have a well adjusted, smart, kind, 100 avg in school (yeah!), healthy child.
All odds were against me and anyone in their right mind would have said this little girl cannot have a baby....I did it though, all by myself, I have had one partner since she was born and we are still together. I haven't had anymore children, although I wanted 8 kids and a farm! I didn't get the start in life that I had anticipated and thought it best to control my maternal instincts.
The point I am making is this, had there been an "IQ test" or "compency test" I would have failed miserably, but in action I have succeeded beyond my own imagination. I understand that there are alot of really crappy parents out there, I know some. They are not all teenage drop outs either, some of the worst I know are from middle class, middle aged parents. People that you might think were perfectly suited to procreate.
I see alot of really, really crappy parents too, that just have kids to stay on welfare, their children grow up to be criminals, the children never get an opportunity to succeed, they get no direction from their parents. One little girl (2 years old) in our area was starving to death, surviving on dry macaroni from the cupboard. They only found out that she was in need of help after her parents poured neat bleach on her as punishment for something. These are the people that I wish would not have children, but like I said previously, who are we to decide and if it came down to it, who would make the decision? I agree we need to curb population, it would be a better world for everyone, but the whole point in being alive is to procreate. It's a very fine line between common sense and a complete loss of freedom.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

And I applaud you for this. My own mother was in the same situation.

In retrospect, perhaps my thread title and original statements were a little knee jerk. Obviously trying to predetermine who should and shouldn't procreate is asinine. But I get so irritated with the stupidity of some people that sometimes my thoughts get ahead of themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
... You can't fix stupid.

Deebo

Actually, it is the point of OP - fix them for good!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

In this troubling world that we live in, the concept that: "Okay seriously? Idiots need to stop having children." has been used in a coercive manner by many governments. The obvious association is with the Nazi eugenics program, but I can cite instances involving the United States, and yes, Canada as well.

I draw your attention to some of the other responses on this thread:

Originally posted by Maslo
People are generally irresponsible, stupid and gullible, these are just more extreme cases....Sadly, there is nothing we can do about it until current paradigm of procreation anarchy where anyone and his dog can have a child is changed.

Originally posted by webpirate
Unfortunately, it seems idiots are the ones who breed the most....

Originally posted by Binky21
this world is over populated with morons... their should be a law that prevents idiots to have children. people should have to take a test or something.

Originally posted by ActuallyActuary

Originally posted by Deebo
... You can't fix stupid.
Deebo

Actually, it is the point of OP - fix them for good!

So, the header for this thread is bringing out some of these baser opinions and really proving my point. Further, sometimes the Nazis need to be invoked to give folks some proper context. My comment was not meant as reductio ad absurdum, so Godwin doesn't matter here. What matters is how many Nazis dangled at the end of a rope for agreeing with these posters and taking it to the next level as government policy.
I come from a German background, so my radar is pretty acute, as I'm sure is that of anyone who's Jewish and for some, social engineering of any kind is not an abstract concept.
I know it's not what you meant, but...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join