It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kundalini Cobra Awakening: Ancient, Mystical, Forbidden Knowledge!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sorry, nothing new here. Just old fashioned Hindu mombo-jumbo repackaged as New Age mombo-jumbo.

One only has to look at the poverty and desperation of the poor people of India to see where this kind of occultism leads.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Great posts,meditation has drastically changed my outlook on life and reality in the past two months.Awakenings are truly happening all around us. This ride is coming to an end.,peace. Bill Hicks another dead hero..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Star and Flag for you, Metalholic. The timing of your post is almost uncanny, seeing as how I was looking for the very information you were kind enough to post via the videos. You're right, its sometimes easier to see and hear the concepts in pictorial and verbal format than the written word, and the links you have made will make my personal spirit walking a lot easier. Oh, and thanks so much for the Tool, Third Eye, also! Their Parabola CD actually got me started on my way so to speak. Post as many vids as you want, love. You're doing a great job!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
Playing around with kundalini, with no proper post exercises to prepare your "body"and with no knowledge whatsoever can be very dangerous, leave permanent damage and can even kill you. Simple as that.
Care to explain that in detail please?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
..The Kundalini is a concept used by Hindus, Satanists, Theosophists, Buddhists (occasionally), as well as non-denominational spiritualists. I'm sure there are numerous other systems ...

We should not forget the methods and theories of the taoists, including alchemical taoism, since they parallel those of yoga practices and go together. I could be wrong, but I believe one provides the skills and raw supply of nourishment, while the other the techniques for purification and awakening. The taoists also remind us in their cryptic writings not to stop short of kundalini, but to keep going and to follow one's inner guidance as various skills present themselves on this lifelong path.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

Try listening the Lateralus album in this track order 6,7,5,8,4,9,13,1,12,2,11,3,10. It follows the Fibonacci number sequence.It follows sacred geometry,very interesting if you have never heard of it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Sorry, nothing new here. Just old fashioned Hindu mombo-jumbo repackaged as New Age mombo-jumbo.

One only has to look at the poverty and desperation of the poor people of India to see where this kind of occultism leads.

Well. Very ignorant statements indeed to make about something that has existed for thousands of years and survived. What does poverty and desperation has anything to do with meditation? Meditation is not just for the rich.

Moreoever if you're unaware of the history of Indian subcontinent then you should not make broad general statements. India never forced their religion or religious practices to anyone. They always shared their knowledge to the rest of the world going way back in time even before Christ was born. That country has been ruled and exploited by so many civilizations yet it still maintains majority of its religious practices and traditions amidst the current state of civilization.

Modern Science Catches Up with the Yogis

The seven primary energy centers--the chakras--were all defined and located by yogis using introspective
means; anatomical dissection was forbidden in the Hindu tradition. The yogis especially used meditations
that refined awareness of subtle bodily sensations to develop their map of man's subtle anatomy.
Although there are minor discordances between the chakra maps used in various derivative schools of
thought, it is interesting to note that all seven major centers correspond in location rather precisely to the
seven primary endocrine glands (see diagram below), which include two glands--the pineal and the
thymus--whose functions were unknown until quite recently.

LINK for KUNDALINI Meditation

What you see on the MSM is the propogandized version of the country which is really not their own doing but through centuries of exploitation and changes that it went through. It should make you think what will be helpful if you didnt have all the technology? The ancient practices were designed around the hidden forces and abilities of the human body which many of us possess but are unware of its potential(s). It doesnt cost you money to understand, harness or even awaken the potentials of your own body. It can be used for spiritual awakening/enlightenment/educating and healing the body of minor ailments and possibly few disease(s) which the anti-biotic world cures but leaves one with several side effects. It is a WAY OF LIFE and not instant cure/fix to problems of life or answer to everything you can merely scratch the surface on the internet with. You need to learn a lot about history, evolution of humans and civilizations in general.
edit on 1-3-2011 by hp1229 because: typos.

edit on 1-3-2011 by hp1229 because: Add Content.

edit on 1-3-2011 by hp1229 because: Add Content/Typos.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If the path of meditation doesn't work for someone then they could try bhakti - the path of devotion. Woo the Goddess. Study comparative mythology. Learn about the process of individuation. Answer the call to adventure.

edit on 1-3-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You draw a causal link between a few very broad and general ideas: 'occultism', India, and a narrow definition of poverty (material wealth and influence).

'Occultism' exists everywhere, and originated everywhere, including India, with what's typically called medicine people or shamans.

Desperation is quite a subjective term.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Well. Very ignorant statements indeed to make about something that has existed for thousands of years and survived.

Dog crap has existed and survived for thousands of years as well, but you need not worship it.

Denial is sweet comfort for the hopelessly deceived. .

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Ignorance is bliss.You must have a 10 mile smile.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

People have been born without the pinal gland. And therefore, they still being human, have have to say its relevance to anything spiritual is bunk.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Horishi

I accidentally raised it as I was doing meditations daily. It will change you and will give you an awakening that is more powerful than any hallucinogen. Because its all natural... imagine you're conscious and wide awake...and then boom a bolt of lighting shooting from the base of your spine up to the crown of your head. Then your pineal gland releases '___' naturally through this whole process...and you're conscious when it happens. It's unbelievable feeling, so surreal...something I would describe on the level of biblical proportions

I have been meditating for over twenty-five years and have also activated Kundalini, the first time it happened it really scared me, it was not my goal, but if you mediate deeply as I do anything can happen. It has changed my perspective of the universe and who we are

I have always had a very active pineal gland aka: third eye since childhood and able to visualize and see amazing things, not only see but travel to the far reaches of the universe. It wasn't until I started following Terrence McKenna's work that I realized what it is/was..

I have never taken any kind of hallucinogen or drug.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well. Very ignorant statements indeed to make about something that has existed for thousands of years and survived.

Dog crap has existed and survived for thousands of years as well, but you need not worship it.
Denial is sweet comfort for the hopelessly deceived. .

Well. Good for you and your thought process. With that attitude and thought process, I can see just how far you can go in life and level of happiness (if you are happy that is). I seriously think you're more envious of the Indian Culture and the importance that it gets from many countries around the world.

Well speaking of crap, the cow crap is definitely worshipped as it has several medicinal properties. But what would you know. No sense getting into the details as you are closing yourself not just to me but to everyone else who does not share your belief system. You should open your mind and perception about the world. It is your life and it does not not affect me in anyway but do not be so closed minded in life. It will catch up with you sooner or later. Trust me.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Playing around with kundalini, with no proper post exercises to prepare your "body"and with no knowledge whatsoever can be very dangerous, leave permanent damage and can even kill you. Simple as that.

Back on the topic of kundalini: From my readings, if you stimulate it and you do not prepare the sushumna (spine), then it will seek Shiva (crown) using whatever alternative routes in the nervous system (and Qi body I imagine) it can find, which by their nature are not designed to handle it. Also, one should not direct it straight into the crown but instead allow it to make its way there on its own. Gopi Krishna explains it in detail from his personal experience, and so do many other authors.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by Horishi

I have been meditating for over twenty-five years and have also activated Kundalini, the first time it happened it really scared me, it was not my goal, but if you mediate deeply as I do anything can happen. It has changed my perspective of the universe and who we are

Somehow I am thinking that the meditation process also lets one tap into the hidden characteristics and capabilities of the humans as a species similar to lets say a dolphin with Sonar or a Electric EEL or the ability to change colors like the octopus or chameleon.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I am curious, what kind of method for meditation did you use?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pilotx

Back on the topic of kundalini: From my readings, if you stimulate it and you do not prepare the sushumna (spine), then it will seek Shiva (crown) using whatever alternative routes in the nervous system (and Qi body I imagine) it can find, which by their nature are not designed to handle it. Also, one should not direct it straight into the crown but instead allow it to make its way there on its own. Gopi Krishna explains it in detail from his personal experience, and so do many other authors.

Interesting. Does it cause convulsions? Now that you mentioned Gopi Krishna, it reminds me of his avatar (supposedly a homosexual). In other words are you referring to side effects of sexual nature?
edit on 1-3-2011 by hp1229 because: add content.

edit on 1-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hoo-boy, I'm not gonna be very popular around here,
but I would be remiss as a fellow member of the ATS community not to mention--since the OP failed to--that awakening the "serpent" is NOT without it's perils.

Don't know how common the following practices are, but I do believe that carrying on like this will make something happen. Whether that "something" is desirable or not I leave to you.

Is Kundalini Yoga Dangerous? The following 'enlightened' individual says no, but for some reason I just can't seem to trust her. You be the judge.

Another 'expert' just wanting to help you on your path. Talks about the dangers. At least that's what the vid promises. I didn't get very far:

I like the following cat. He seems alright. I'm not so sure that he experienced what he thinks he experienced though:

Here's an excerpt from an interesting website of an experienced practitioner & kundalini proponent:

(Releasing the "Kundalini" can cause) An overload of one's nervous system with the potential to cause a break with reality, necessitating a hospital stay and medical treatment.

In other warnings about Kundalini even madness is claimed to be a pitfall for a person who unwittingly forces an awakening without a guru (though having a guru is no guarantee of a trouble-free awakening: see Jerry's Kundalini Experience, A.D.'s When The Serpent Bites), and Kundalini And The Guru.

I know from personal experience that if you force Kundalini you can overload your nervous system to the point that you feel like you are walking a tightrope between sanity and insanity for days, weeks, and in extreme cases, even years.
heartseva.com...

All I'm saying, is be careful who you trust and don't just take someone's internet kundalini cheerleading session at face value.

One last vid. Stick it out--even if it offends you--because he makes some really interesting points about going "inner" that I would like to hear some counter-opinions on:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaesteven1000
reply to post by romanmel

Ignorance is bliss.You must have a 10 mile smile.

Maybe he's missing his Parietal lobe, as per the image on the coin.. How else to explain such ignorance?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join