It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In less than 90 days, you will be "REQUIRED" by Federal Law to carry a "National ID" card.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyStinkyRabbit

Fearmongering is probably a good word for it. They've been threatening this for how long now? And I think there a few states that outlawed it. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if they wind up with some form of this nation wide. Seems like they frequently go fir the jugular first, then back off to what they were really after to start with.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

as far as i can remember if the state fails to comply with the Real ID act, then the road and high way funding will not be issued to said state, sounds like black mail does it not? here is what DHS says www.dhs.gov... quote from link "Secure state-issued identification is a nationwide effort to establish minimum performance standards to improve the integrity and security of state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards, while retaining states' flexibility to meet and exceed the standards as they are incorporated into each state's unique operations". ya right and cows can fly, so what is the real reason they want to change the ID and DL? it boils down to RFID get it !!!!!! and ifyou are willing TO FIGHT THIS here is the STOP IT LINK epic.org... and everyone said no can not be, well now who is saying told ya. not yelling just caps so you can see the reason and where

edit on 28-2-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yep. Your not alone.

Have the: Haz-mat, tanker, doubles & triples, passenger & air brakes.

What a pain & expensive too.
edit on 28-2-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

"""""
Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Washington have joined Maine and Utah in passing legislation opposing Real ID.[36][37][38][39][40][41]
Similar resolutions are pending in Alaska, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.[42]
Other states have moved aggressively to upgrade their IDs since 9/11, and still others have staked decidedly pro-Real ID positions, such as North Carolina,[43] and Michigan.[44] Some states whose legislatures passed non-binding resolutions opposing REAL ID are nonetheless working to comply with the law, such as Illinois.[45] In announcing the new regulations, Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff cited California, Alabama and North Dakota[46] as examples of states that had made progress in complying with Real ID.""""

current.com...

we dont have to worry----YET

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This is the type of card the Nazi's and the communists in the Soviet Union made people carry.

I would like to point out that identity cards are in compulsory use all around the world, with around 100 countries currently having such system according to wiki, so it is no way limited just to nazis and communists.

en.wikipedia.org...

Each card will store up to a gigabyte of personal data about the card holder AND will contain a GPS tracking chip---so that means the government will know where you are at all times.

GPS? That is a cause for concern..

edit on 28/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Good post. And I agree. There's a bit of fearmongering going on in that article. Like it isn't obvious, right?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Thanks darrman. Great post. The feds are doing they're best to keep this alive, and in our faces. So it will be interesting to see what they wind up settling for nationally, in the end.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Any US citizens can send their cards to me and I will remove the infinite energy source and GPS tracker to built a free energy generator....

As if
rfid no doubt... but gps ?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
oh, my, god. This is exactly like a prison planet. If you pss them off, that means that they will be able to deny anything. Where you go, what you eat, buy, anything. I do not think that mirowaving the chip will work either, because if the chip do not work , then you get deny of priveleges to get anything or go anywhere without some cop asking for some id if he, she stops you. talk about, control. that is to it's max. In other words, if you do not do what they want then they can deny priveledges. Meanning, to buy food,cloths,housing,flying or going anywhere. Your rights just all flew out the window on this one AMERICA. I'm new here and all i find is this madness. OH, MY GOD.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This was thrown out in UK.
We do get some things right....
www.ips.gov.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Can anyone provide additional sources on this?

The article only cites wiki as a source.

I need a bit more info before getting my tin foil hat out of storage

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
if you are not sure what your STATE did behind closed doors to keep the need fed funding look at this www.stateline.org... and just a look see what is said Friday, April 04, 2008
Real ID showdown averted
By Eric Kelderman, Stateline.org Staff Writer

Comments Write the editor Print this story

The clash between the states and the federal government over nationwide rules to make driver’s licenses more secure has ended — for now. A truce, of sorts, between the 50 states and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, has kicked the issue down the road for the next president and Congress to hash out almost two years from now.

In a game of chicken over whether the federal government actually would pursue its enforcement threats, Maine this week became the last state to receive an extension to comply with the Real ID Act, the federal law aimed at keeping driver’s licenses out of the hands of terrorists and illegal aliens.

Without that extension, residents of Maine and the other states that flirted with Monday’s deadline (March 31) could not have used their driver’s licenses to board airplanes and enter federal buildings after the rules take effect May 11.

DHS now says all states are in compliance with Real ID, but opposition to the act remains strong. Bills introduced in 11 states this year would bar participation in Real ID, including one that has made it to the desk of Idaho Gov. Butch Otter (R), who has long opposed the law, according to his spokesman.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So , i see where this is going. If you do not abide by the regulations of the chip or card you get denied priveleges and if you still deny, The FUSION centers report you and then they put you in the fema camps and god only knows what happens to you in there. My guess is the same treatment the jews had in nazi germany. Well, now we know what happened in WW 2 , it got transferred over to the good ole U.S.A. Same tactics, different country.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Then there is this from AAMVA www.aamva.org... so did your state say yes or no?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]Can anyone provide additional sources on this?

The article only cites wiki as a source.

I need a bit more info before getting my tin foil hat out of storage

I don't think it's quite time for any of us to get our tin foil hats out on this one just yet. But I do look for there to be a compromise on this nationally that will probably be worse than the original proposal.

As to sources, Theres info from the horses mouth on DHS's site. Real ID...
edit on 28-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
and you should pay close attention to this

This final rule also provides a process for states to seek an additional extension of the compliance deadline to May 11, 2011, by demonstrating material compliance with the core requirements of the Act and this rule.
so even if you state says no your state will still need the above statement is from to comply from this www.dhs.gov...
edit on 28-2-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Look up the definition of "required" and then look up the definition of MANDATORY. Required is to "ask or insist upon by VIRTUE of law". There IS no LAW only corporate policy, and TPTB can shove that up their idiotic backsides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
How would this be issued on such a level... given the "deadline" how can 300 million people get this new card on such short notice?

I can think of two at the top of my head...

***Mail... Most already have their photos on record via the DMV and that database can be tapped, thus meaning they could use the prior data and print em without you knowing it and mail it to you with an notice, stating this IS your new card...

***Simply set up a date and time and have people come to a location... for example your polling place... that way everyone receives this new card at the location of their "district headquarters"

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
from the sate of utah www.utah.gov... so you see your state is not safe.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

when you go to renew or get an ID or a DL is when you will get the new card, your current one is still good unless you need to go to a FED building then you must get a new card ID DL but that is not until may, when most states have already issued them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join