It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs - Close Range Sightings.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh no, I read and waded through the tripe you have laid out in a manner that makes you look smart and allows others to think your simply not some cut and pace internet superstar that needs to feel good about yourself by bumping your own threads every chance you stumble upon something else that has been on the internet for years. Very happy for you. Hope you wake up every day with the self importance of believing your special because you understand things the sheeple don't and are doing your part to "enlighten" those that are "smart" enough to listen to you.

But did you notice that the rebuttal you posted to my 100% accurate observation contained more of....well....nothing. That was my point.

Yeah, but in a thread with close range sightings, I would expect a little more evidence other than transcripts from douche-abg cops (who don't know squat about this crap more than you or me, in fact they are probably of lower IQ than you or me) or "stories" about hundreds of witnesses crying about "something amazing, maybe alien even!!!" and yet all we have is meaning words on paper that you can cut and past and possible the CRAPPY photo even if your lucky to get them from "trained observers" you guys have orgasms about.

Seriously, WHERE'S THE BEEF?

After 100 years, and in these modern times I would figure meaningless words on paper would be the exception to more amazing evidence, and not the other way around. Way to carry the torch of absurdity, Karl!!!!!

Oh, but hey we had radar evidence!!!!! Man, radar evidence!!!! Even though no one around here even knows how radar works short of some PBS 10 minute cartoon......

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

What's your point anyhow coming in here with all the negativity, MLT?

You want 'better' evidence? Boo hoo. Fancy yourself some uber science somesuch? Whatever.

Take a hike. This is respectful thread with lots of info some folks have not been privy to.

-Nexo

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexotop

What's your point anyhow coming in here with all the negativity, MLT

It's not negativity there, ol' chap. It's mu observations the way I choose to express them, Sorry it rubs you the wrong way. Should I get a drum circle together and type only a few words per line and stretch out a useless post for 10 inches of vertical space like some choose to express themselves. Don't like the way I'm expressing my opinion, move on and quit your crying. Maybe I find the way you express you opinions as offensive as you find mine. Tough titties, it's called a discussion board. Did your momma raise you breastfeeding until you were 30 and don't know who to handle anything that might rub you the wrong way old chap? Sorry the real world offends you, you must live in a turtle shell.

You want 'better' evidence?

Um yeah. It's the lack of better evidence over the last one hundred years, and the legions of morons that have used that evidence out of context, without serious logic reason and common sense, then combined with the useful idiots that follow such absurdity that is the reason that after 100 years, this subject is a LAUGHABLE JOKE. You go ahead and defend that, if you even have the ability to understand my point....but then again I can tell reality is not your strong-point so you might just think it's my problem and that I should go away....

Which brings us too....

Take a hike. This is respectful thread with lots of info some folks have not been privy to.

Every folk interested in this subject is privy to anything in this thread. It is copy and past crap you can get all over the net. Sure, naive that someone thought he was advancing Ufology by conglomerating into an area where people can find it easier. But the points I made about it ARE 100% VALID and deserve to be addressed. Easy to dismiss what I say because you don't like how I am saying it, harder yet to actually open your mind and understand a damn thing I am saying,

I have been consistent for 30+ years saying what I have been saying....oh...and wait for it....I have been RIGHT ABOUT THE FUTURE STATE OF UFOLOGY FOR 30+ YEARS. Laugh all you want, cry a little even, but if your even around this subject (most understand it is a laughable joke and leave, the rest stick around because we are mentally disturbed), but in the next 20-30 years tell me how right I was now.

Sad, I have EXPERIENCE on my side, you have a few years of getting trashed and reading bs you find on the internet. You must be so proud.

Now, like your type does, time to go start crying to the mods, I mean, this place needs clicks, can't have more click thorough if people listen to me and folks start coming to their senses now can they (by the way, that was told to me from one of the heads around here......) And the reason I am still here, is they need my type. They have the raving believers, the analytical phages....but they also need the raving realists.

edit on 13-3-2012 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nexotop

Hey, found video that relates to what I saw.

This gives you an idea of how it was dropping the blobs - It's exactly like what I saw, The video is from long beach cali- coast guard but its in infra-red just imagine it being at night and being orange

Link

www.youtube.com...

Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Don't you think it's okay to be interested in stuff? My hubby talks about footie. Very occasionally when he's pissed as a fart he searches for old goals on youtube and makes me watch them. He even cheers and bangs the desk sometimes. That annoys me, I really don't understand the enthusiasm there, but each to their own, don't you think?
And some folk get excited about ufos and that because there's genuinely something out there to be explored. For what good reason should we stop discussing what we think is interesting stuff? Why does it make you mad?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Aren't we a bitter sort? Clearly very frustrated with your years of study, yet eager to pat yourself on the back.

I'm defending a thread which I've enjoyed. You're not 'discussing' anything, just coming out guns ablazin'.

I've no problem with you having your opinion, but you promote zero progress in any group with your insults.

This'll end my 'chat' with you-

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Thanks, Luke -

Quite strange. Looks like at the end of the clip camera is following it move rapidly on a horizontal.
Appreciate the post,

Cheers,
Nexo

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

MainLineThis, IgnoreTheFacts, Gameisupman or whatever username you're using these days, thanks for the hilarious rant (and rather childish personal message) - it's only a UFO thread on a UFO forum so I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Certainly not the first time you've tried to derail UFO threads either -hopefully one day you can actually post a thread about the cases you consider to be 'diamonds in the rough'.

Originally posted by nexotop

This is respectful thread with lots of info some folks have not been privy to.

Nexotop, hopefully so mate and I don't see how posting relevant information about these incidents on a discussion board can be a bad thing, especially as many cases involve other aspects like radar confirmation or government documentation.

Here's another very strange close range UFO description taken from official RAAF Department of Defence documents regarding an object hovering over US Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt on the west coast of Australia in October, 1973.

.The object was completely stationary except for a halo around the centre, which appeared to be either revolving or pulsating. After watching it for approx. 4 minutes, it suddenly took off at tremendous speed & disappeared in a northerly direction, in a few seconds. I consider this object to have been approx. 10 metres in diameter, hovering at 300 metres over the hills due west of the base. It was black, maybe due to looking in the drection of the setting sun. No lights appeared on it at any time."

Thread

Cheers.
edit on 14-3-2015 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Close range UFO sighting case from Umm Alaish, Kuwait in November, 1978 involving multiple witnesses, government documents, missing photographs and reports of an object landing on an oil field causing electromagnetic interference effects on local communications and oil pumping machinery:

On November 9, at Gathering Centre No. 24, technicians saw a disc-like object with dome on top on the ground. This coincided with failure of the oil pumping station and interruption of communications. After about 7 minutes the object departed at a rapid speed.

Thread

Close range UFO sighting case from Mellen, Wisconsin on March 13th, 1975 where an entire family witnessed a landed object on the road outside their farm which was emitting a large banging noise and high pitched whining sound:

"I didn't want to believe what I was seeing," Phil Baker said later. "There was this circular object about twelve feet across with red and bluish-green lights around the outside and in the center was an opening like a door with a real brilliant light coming from inside."

Thread

Close range UFO sighting case from Cherry Creek, New York on August 19th, 1965 where members of the Butcher family witness an unknown object hovering over their farm -the UFO was described as a large, elliptical, metallic object, 50 feet long and 20 feet thick which gave off a reddish vapor:

Witnesses: Mrs. William Butcher, son Harold, 17, and children. A large elliptical object, with a reddish vapor underneath, came close to the ground, then shot straight up into the clouds a few seconds later. Radio drowned out by static, a tractor engine stopped.

Thread

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Close range UFO sighting case from Colusa, California on September 10th, 1976 where Bill Pecha and other people witnessed a strange flying object hovering over his barn - the main witness also states he saw two smaller objects over the nearby high-voltage power lines which looked like they were 'drawing energy'.

That’s when I began to see the upper part, the dome. The bottom was spinning rapidly clockwise but a smaller part on the bottom was spinning counterclockwise. And as it began to move away, these six hose-like appendages began moving up and suddenly were gone. At the same time two claw-like hooks just curled up on the bottom. As these appendages retracted, two little covers opened on the top of the hull and out comes a pair of lights that shined a beam of blue light on the ground."

Thread

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A good friend and I witnessed a silver disc at close range floating over the treetops in a forest in Colorado. It was a seamless silver craft with no windows we could see but it was emitting light so that may have blocked us from seeing them. Initially the disc came over a mountain in the distance and just came toward us until it stopped above the trees about 100 yards diagonal from us. The craft emitted a low level hum and did have EM effects as it made all of the animals in the forest run in the opposite direction. It hovered for about 5 mins and then went back the way it came at a high rate of speed. This incident happened in 1996 and I still remember it as if it was yesterday.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lordaqua

Wow, I wish I could have seen that one too!

Did you report it to MUFON?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
After 100 years, and in these modern times I would figure meaningless words on paper would be the exception to more amazing evidence, and not the other way around.

Your reasoning is not only backward its absurd. If we had more amazing evidence this would all be over and there would be an abundant energy supply for the world and forums like this would be null and void. We are dealing with the next epoch of humanity here and the bridge is bigger than you or the "sheeple" can bear to comprehend. There have been mass events time and time again and anybody who has seen these things will tell you that nothing like conventional cell phones or cameras work when they are close and in any event your so befuddled with amazement that most are in shock for the couple of minutes or less that the craft is in sight. Please just because you've been left out of the club don't take it out on us.. just tend to the grass sir.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

No I didn't - when it happened I was a college student and had absolutely no knowledge or interest in ufology until this happened.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
As for close range with a video camera, this is pretty good and before you say, this isn't CGI. The waves coming off the craft and spinning motion kinda say to me, probably genuine footage:

Originally posted by lordaqua
A good friend and I witnessed a silver disc at close range floating over the treetops in a forest in Colorado. It was a seamless silver craft with no windows we could see but it was emitting light so that may have blocked us from seeing them. Initially the disc came over a mountain in the distance and just came toward us until it stopped above the trees about 100 yards diagonal from us. The craft emitted a low level hum and did have EM effects as it made all of the animals in the forest run in the opposite direction. It hovered for about 5 mins and then went back the way it came at a high rate of speed. This incident happened in 1996 and I still remember it as if it was yesterday.

Your description certainly reminded me of this video
, very strange electrical effects and amazing turn of speed.

edit on 29-5-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
^^ Wow thanks for the video, that one is pretty clear and close. Mine however was a bit closer but similar nonetheless. If that video has made it to ATS already I'm sure somebody has "debunked" it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordaqua
^^ Wow thanks for the video, that one is pretty clear and close. Mine however was a bit closer but similar nonetheless. If that video has made it to ATS already I'm sure somebody has "debunked" it.

Oh it has made it here before and the best I could find, was the someone holding it on bit string theory
, no it hasn't been debunked because this one is real, imo ofc

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by lukeUK
Got my own close encounter- It happened in October 2009- 8:16pm
(even remember the time)

Luke thanks for posting and there's a report from Sheffield here a few months earlier which sounds a little similar to the early part of your sighting, this one and this one also sound quite strange.

On a different note, I don't usualy watch it but I thought the History Channel did a good job of covering the 1994 Holland Michigan UFO flap in the programme below, there's some very interesting testimony from police officers and town residents and some of the object descriptions sound very bizarre, the 911/National Weather dispatch tapes are quite entertaining too -see 4:35

On the evening of March 8, 1994, residents of Southwest Michigan began seeing strange things in the skies over Lake Michigan to the south of Holland. Blue, white, red, and green lights, sometimes attached to cylindrical objects, and sometimes performing unusual maneuvers, were reported.

911 operators began receiving calls at around 9:30 p.m. about something that looked like "a string of Christmas lights way up in the sky." It wasn't just a few people reporting these things; it was counties all up and down Lake Michigan. Some sources said 300 witnesses, including several police officers, saw the lights.

link

Cheers.

Wow. That segment on the 1994 Michigan sightings is top notch. I've apparently misjudged the quality of UFO Hunters. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I was going to make one of my first posts here a description on this thread of a sighting/ experience a group of friends and I had in the woods in 1973 that started my interest in UFO's.
I then saw the age of the origin post, so I ffwd to the end and read the posts by MainLineThis.

There are so many right brain thinkers with no personal experience that are just like him/her. You cannot blame him/her. Really you can't.

I think it's a powerful enough mental leap for some that even when presented with appropriate proof (short of a personal experience[and even then they would believe they were undergoing some here before never felt psychotropic non-reality based event]) they would be in denial.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker

Wow. That segment on the 1994 Michigan sightings is top notch. I've apparently misjudged the quality of UFO Hunters. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Haven't seen many of them mate but totally agree about the Michigan segment - the episode about the Edwards Air Force Base Incident is a corker as well.

Training told me these were not normal objects. The objects weren't supposed to be there. These were objects out of the normal, from their appearance and flight characteristics. The objects were also seen by at least five other people on Edwards Air Force Base. They were also seen by George Air Force Base tower and were showing up on radar in at least four different radar sight locations.

Chuck Sorrels, Air Force Air Traffic Controller.

Cheers.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join