It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs - Close Range Sightings.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
to say aliens dont exist is to say we are alone in the universe. to say we are alone in the universe is crazy talk.

How about you put your money where your mouth is and dispel, finally, the fantasy that you decry with irrefutable evidence? And, please, do not quote Edgar Mitchell, the Drake equation, or any other crazy talk based on empty supposing. And, also, should you reply do not try to convince us that because we are experiencing UFOs that automatically make them from some far off place in the universe. They're here and that's all that can be said.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Say karl 12, are you really Anunaki10, or do you know him?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Appreciate the replies and I think all these reports establish there's something very strange going on, it's just what that something is
-below is yet another bizarre object description taken from a British case in 1967 - like the RAF Boulmer incident the object was also confirmed on radar and had reports of (part of) the object changing shape.

A huge, cone-shaped UFO that slowly revolved, hovered for more than an hour, and shot away as an airplane approached was seen by members of Her Majesty's Coast Guard and others at Brixham, Devon, England at 11:25 a. m., April [1967]

Coast Guardsman Brian F. Jenkins stated in his report to NICAP member J. A. Hennessey that the object was seen stationary at approximately 15,000 feet. It slowly drifted to the northwest during the next 80 minutes. It was slowly revolving, revealing a door like structure on its side as it did so. There was a curtain-like structure' at its bottom that changed shape during the flight.

link

Cheers.

Originally posted by The Shrike

Say karl 12, are you really Anunaki10, or do you know him?

Shrike/Sceptical Ed, no, I only use one user name mate.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks again, Karl, for my favorite thread in a long while. You are correct, certainly there is something ^.

Cheers,
Nexo

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nexotop

You are correct, certainly there is something.

Indeedy there is my friend, even if a person just looks at the UFO reports submitted by Police officers (link) then I think it´s pretty apparent something very strange is going on
-there´s yet another intriguing close range description below taken from over Loring AFB during the SAC base UFO flap of 1975 and some of the testimony from that time is very interesting, in the article the witness also mentions the object executing right angle turns which sounds a bit odd as we can´t even manage that today.

‘It had red lights and a white light. It could make 90-degree turns and fly very fast, It stayed over the base for five or ten minutes and then scooted over the Atlantic".

Newspaper Article

Cheers.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Got my own close encounter- It happened in October 2009- 8:16pm
(even remember the time)

I wasn't allow either- I had my brother with me at the time of the incident.

Little advice- those orange balls that people see at night sometimes...better know to most as the 'Chinese lantern' don't dismiss every sighting as that! If you know what I mean.

This sounds crazy but I witnessed one of these balls hovering for over 5-10mins in one place, dropping blobs of what can only be described as hot metal ' slag ' . It then propulsed itself straight up to the heavens ( going a steady but constant speed ) turning from a orangey/yellow colour to red as it got heigher.

It gained its desired height- then can only describe a small cluster of red dots appeared where it headed. Pretty heigh up at this point- but visibility was ok- and the black night sky made it easier to see what was happening.

The red dots went out and was then presented with a disk shaped object- gunmetal colour- non shiney- it started to move very slowly till it was directly over a pylon ( power towers) it then titled on its side and the returned to its original stance as it did so it increased in speed out of sight.

Bob lazar mentioned something about this titling- something to do with 3 gravitational field finds it then......cant remember the rest, It totally related to what he was talking about in an interview.

Military chopper appeared on the scene 20 mins later circled the village twice ...over us etc then went in direction of the craft ( the chopper was a merlin chopper)

The info above is 100% genuine mentioned this before a few times on here- this was my main reason for signing up to this site in the first place

Thanks for reading.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh and forgot to mention I saw the exact same ball about a week ago in the same place- but different time of night 9:50pm ...we stopped the car as soon as we saw it. Turned the engine off..etc and the ball started to move of the houses and did some wild erratic moves- zig zags etc...

I think our government knows what they are but I trying to cover them up. A lot of TV adverts contain references to setting off lanters- ( brain washing box) people like to copy what they saw on TV...These lanterns are covering these things up and muddying the waters for what I saw.

Very clever- government!

From the craft I saw and the rest of it- Im going to stick my neck out and say this is non-terrestrial- I got a feeling that it was not of the planet !... You have to experience this for your self to know what I mean,

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Sounds like you had a terrific sighting. Great description.

Where in the UK did you see it?

I've heard of ufos "dripping" stuff. The shape-shifting seems quite common too. The one I saw was a jet black object with short, turned up wings, like a manta-ray. It had a red flashing light underneath, which I could see even though it was sunny. It moved slowly, very much like a small underwater submarine. But my very last glimpse, (from my camera on zoom) was of a silvery-white ball shape. The man across the road from me swore it was a kid's balloon. He could "see the string". ??
edit on 10-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Location was catcliffe near sheffield.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lukeUK
- it started to move very slowly till it was directly over a pylon ( power towers) it then titled on its side and the returned to its original stance as it did so it increased in speed out of sight.

Bob lazar mentioned something about this titling-

I'm more interested in the pylon. There are plenty stories about ufos being near nuclear facilities, power lines etc. but I've personally heard of some sighted near aerials and masts. I wonder there is a connection?

Masts, Aerials & UFOs - a connection

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Interesting. I can think of another reason why it may have been in this area- Sheffield airport...maybe they can pick up these radar signals- I've read of UFO's disabling and interring with military air bases, equipment etc.

I know sheffield airport is none military but still have radar and other things that they may be interested in.

Like I said I saw the orange ball again last week- so they are hanging around this area a lot. I was checking the ball out but at the same time I knew to look higher and scanned the sky for the craft that is transporting these things, but on that occasion I did not see it.

Something not right for sure-

This is the exact postcode of the place we saw it all- pylons are next to the road in the field- this village lies just next to the M1 motorway.

S60 5SA

I'm buying some video equipment now that I saw it twice- I was kicking myself along with my bro' we both were pretty angry that we could have got this footage ! - Tripod will be used too

Another thing I will say is that for as long as I live it will never be forgetten, unreal experience...And to all that are watching the skies at night- your not wasting your time!

Thanks
Luke
edit on 10-3-2012 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Most excellent sighting, Luke. I'm curious about the dripping substance. Did you see this stuff hit the ground?

Also was it your understanding that there were smaller objects - the drippers - which returned to a larger craft or just one that kept changing shape?

I think something which gets discounted by 'debunking folks' who have never had a personal experience is that feeling you had of these objects being from somewhere other then here. To me this feeling is as valid as any other evidence. We know far more than we can logically explain.

Thanks for the post,

Cheers,
Nexo

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I'm more interested in the pylon. There are plenty stories about ufos being near nuclear facilities, power lines etc. but I've personally heard of some sighted near aerials and masts. I wonder there is a connection?

Masts, Aerials & UFOs - a connection

Hey Wigit, great thread and there's also a very interesting account described by David Cayton in this interview of a huge UFO seen by five engineers (and filmed by security cameras) over the power lines of Padiham Power station in Burnley, Lancashire -will post the link in your relevant thread.

As for the close range sightings, there's also some good witness sketches below citing recurrent features of UFO testimony and some of the reports are quite consistent:

NICAP New Look Report.

Some of the obvious recurrent features, also typical of thousands of documented verbal reports, are: clear structures most commonly disc-shaped or elliptical; light beams; body lights; rows of "portholes" or lights; domes and other projections; surrounding haze; and physical effects on the environment..

APPENDIX D - WITNESS SKETCHES

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nexotop

Hello nexo,

If you look at the postcode or Type 9 highfiled view catcliffe on google maps- it will show a bungalow, opposite the bungalow is a main road. Anyway I was stood on that front grass area of the property with my brother standing nearer to the side of the property out of the way.

It is hard to describe in writing and also hard to estimate where it was dropping these things. But at a guess when it was dropping the blobs it was further away...behind the housing estate there's a disused train track- I'd say around that area.

I've been told by a few it may be radio active:? the blobs looked like waste - or something of that nature.

No the blobs like I said fell to the earth- never saw them again...thats why I think it maybe waste...not sure. When the ball got closer it looked more of a diamond shape.... It did not drip at this point. I returned in side quickly to upto date my gran what we were watching - then I got a shout ' to come outside 'Its going up!' We both watched the object go straight up turning from orange to red as it gained in attitude. You know the rest

The feeling is something I will probably never experience gain I can assure you...I'm sold on the idea that we are being visited by something off planet!

Peace
Luke

edit on 13-3-2012 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lukeUK
Got my own close encounter- It happened in October 2009- 8:16pm
(even remember the time)

Luke thanks for posting and there's a report from Sheffield here a few months earlier which sounds a little similar to the early part of your sighting, this one and this one also sound quite strange.

On a different note, I don't usualy watch it but I thought the History Channel did a good job of covering the 1994 Holland Michigan UFO flap in the programme below, there's some very interesting testimony from police officers and town residents and some of the object descriptions sound very bizarre, the 911/National Weather dispatch tapes are quite entertaining too -see 4:35

On the evening of March 8, 1994, residents of Southwest Michigan began seeing strange things in the skies over Lake Michigan to the south of Holland. Blue, white, red, and green lights, sometimes attached to cylindrical objects, and sometimes performing unusual maneuvers, were reported.

911 operators began receiving calls at around 9:30 p.m. about something that looked like "a string of Christmas lights way up in the sky." It wasn't just a few people reporting these things; it was counties all up and down Lake Michigan. Some sources said 300 witnesses, including several police officers, saw the lights.

link

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Cheers, Luke -

Very interesting stuff you saw. Did your Gran see it, too?

Wild, and perhaps you will never again, but I bet it won't stop ya from lookin!
Hasn't with me . . .

Nexo

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I remember that case. And as usual, for so many witnesses (especially from so-called close range sightings) all we get is crap evidence in the form of useless eyewitness testimony. Odd that, you would think after a hundred years of close range sightings, many with "multiple witnesses" we would have more than useless internet fodder that does nothing but convince those that already believe in the first place. Odd that.

Frustrating and disappointing as the same time. Either UFO's in the sense that the believers want them to be are EVERYWHERE and anyone who has ever seen one is a total idiot that can't do any more than a napkin drawing and a crappy explanation.....or the majority of these "witnesses" are describing what they saw in a manner that makes it out to be something it is not..and of course any pics from those types of witnesses would quickly reveal their intentional deception or profound ignorance of the mundane.

Either way, its far and away time to demand better evidence, the signal to noise ratio is out of control and we all look like idiots.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nexotop

Yes my gran saw it- when i say it I mean the Ball not the craft, she was bed bound at the time and slept next to the rear window. She watched the object hover and make some bizarre moves...prior to us turning up it she said it had been hanging around for well over 15 minutes. Then we came and saw the rest.

Unfortunately for them- we saw everything they're trying to cover up!

The military chopper was the icing on the cake! because I personally believe it was sent to intercept the object. So the military are definitely aware of them

Thanks

KARL 12- Thanks for the links- they are the same things that I saw- but I've never yet read of one similar to mine i.e seeing what the orange balls are actually going into- and are being transported by! ( the disk shaped craft )

I'm buying some video equipment and tripods soon- like i said before I saw this ball again just over a week ago I'm going to get footage of this thing!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

I remember that case. And as usual, for so many witnesses (especially from so-called close range sightings) all we get is crap evidence in the form of useless eyewitness testimony.

If you remember the case then why not mention the tracking of the object(s) in the same area of sky as to which they were being reported by the operator at the National Weather Service Office?

Researcher Dr. Michael D. Swords who researched the FAA evidence and police dispatch 911 calls also makes some very good points in the linked video -did you even bother to watch it?

Transcript (dialing)

(RECORDING) You have reached the National Weather Service Office in Muskegon Michigan. Phone calls are answered during normal bui....

(dialing)

NWS: Weather Service Muskegon

911: Hi Muskegon, this is Ottawa County 911 calling.

NWS: How you doin?

911: Good. You guys have access to a radar there don't cha?

NWS: Yes we do.

911: You do. You getting anything weird down in the Southern Ottawa Southern County area?

NWS: Anything weird? Hold on for a second...

[muffled background]

NWS: uuhm, nothing more than the usual ground clutter we get right there, maybe I can get on a closer range...

911: The reason I ask, We're gettin a whole buncha calls of some strange lights in the Southern Ottawa, Northern Allegan county right near Holland city area...

NWS: Strange lights?

911: yeah, we can, we can (garble) UFO call, aw, come on, there's gotta be somethin more to this...

NWS: Yeah, well, I'll to have to call the UFO Reporting Center then about this, but um, it's just you know...

911: You see a couple of them... and we got a couple... and we got an officer out there right now and (garble) he sees right now is a tower would be (garble) replace their lights, they were on steady before, now their on alternating blinking pattern. That's what he's writing it off to, but there are a couple of our people our citizens and their sayin, "well yeah, but they seem to be movin." Well, are you standin in the same spot you were before? "No" Well, that would make em move to me ya know, you stand on one side of your house, you go to the other, yeah, they're gonna be in a different direction. So I was just kinda curious if you noticed anything or...

NWS: um

911: anything down there at all.

NWS: I'm looking at it in the vertical now and I... not really.. ok, wait a minute something right...there. Ok, lets see what that is... looks like a... there's a larger return down there... let's see, that looks like um... up about maybe... (garble) goes up about 6,000 feet and about... um

BACKGROUND VOICE: Presumed at NWS: Coulda been a plane.

NWS: Well it's pretty big...wait a minute

BACKGROUND VOICE: Presumed at NWS: That's weird.

NWS: Now, now it startin... appears to be moving south (garble) yeah there's something big down there (garble) that's really strange.... Um... I'm get down to... I'm getting it down around Southbend. No, wait a minute, I'm sorry, I'm looking at the wrong (graph? or draft?).... Let's see......... if I can find the right overlay ............... shoot......... It's moving. I can see it moving. It just about... moved about... well, well let me get the range (true?)..................Um... It looks like it's around 82 kilometers from me... puts it down about.... yeah, right down uh, the , yeah right down near South Haven.

911: yeah, that should be north yea, and uh, at the Allegan/Ottawa county line

NWS: and um........I lost it, yea, uh, there it goes....it's moving...moving towards the West Southwest... and it looks like a big blob.

911: Yeah, that's the way it was explained to us.

NWS: It's not.... It's almost off the scope, let me go to another...

911:hmm, That's weird

NWS: ............. It looks like it's fizzled out, no wait a minute....... yeah it was up about 6,000 feet or so... unless it was a um

911: huh!

NWS: Ok. I can't..... It disappeared... It's moving... cause uh...

911: One pass it's there, the next pass it's gone?

NWS yeah, um...I got it on manual now... I'm just kinda um...I'm continuously um radiating on it...and um, it looks like it's steady right now.....................(garble)...... I'm getting it now at um, about 12,000 feet... and it's uh......(this appears?) a pretty strong return

911: Huh!

NWS:.......... but...... yeah, I've never seen...Now I'm getting multiple returns.

911: One of the people that called that I just had happened to talk to said it looked like a bunch of cylindrical objects...

NWS: Well we...OH MY GOD!... WHAT IS THIS!?

911:...they were going together and coming apart.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Contd:

NWS: yeah they're, well the, it, there's three, now they're length wise, now I'm getting three of em... and uh... I'm getting a third one now... and now they're separated by about, um... it looks like about 5,000 feet in height, and about maybe...um ......... (garble)

911: This... an officer is sending a message here... says, he says um...

NWS: about, maybe um... they're separated by about 50 kilometers....

NWS: The uh, and then they're very... they're very strong returns, I'm get a real um... there is a (spiking?) so it's something pretty um, something pretty solid...not precipitation or anything... especially up at that height.

911: Yeah. An officer in Holland City just sent me a message, can we identify an intruder... he says it looks like three to four of them...

NWS: I'm seeing three, I'm seeing three and they're separated by uh, they look like a triangle on my scope. I'm looking one around down by uh, um...let's see... I'm seeing one down near uh, South Haven. I'm seeing another one over Lake Michigan about Northwest of (Benton?) Harbor, and another one over...uh...west....no east on (Benton?) Harbor which would be near Decatur.

911: hmm!

NWS: I'm seeing three of those. They're very strong. I'm getting another one down in Berrien County. These are Huge returns! I've never seen anything like it! Not even when I was doing storms! It uh, these aren't storms! They're, they're like just popping up all over the place!

911:This is strange. Actually the officer says that uh, green to red lights, does not look like an airplane, they come together then they separate, and they just keep doing this all the time.

NWS: I'm seein that. Yeah, I'm seeing three returns, uh they up a (garble) or two, South Haven, light... shine more light..................... South Haven... Ok the one over by South Haven has moved over to uh the Northwest by about... Now I'm getting... now they've changed positions, again. One about 20 miles West of South Haven... another one just above... looks like the uh Ca....Calo...Caloma...and the other one is just south of the coast of Benton Harbor ............Ok now, that one near Southhaven has moved... It's moving further out into Lake Michigan....... I'm getting him up, ok I'm getting, up, now I'm getting four... no... yeah I'm, I got four for a while... now I'm getting one way down... I did, for a little while... These are all up around um...... between 7 and 12,000 feet...

911: This is strange. Weird.

NWS: Yeah, I don't know if it's some kind of energy or um... the...the radar is picking up something...

911: This energy moves. I wish I could have, I wish we had a picture of it. Find out exactly where he sees them on the screen.

NWS: yeah

(Another voice with an echo, unsure of source): (Union System?)
Be advised objects are they south of you yet or (garble)?

... ... .... (garble) that's over Southwest uh from 16th and Country Club area.

10-4

911: yeah he said they're southwest of Holland city, that could be ... that could be that one at Benton Harbor if it's up that high. This is really weird.

NWS: Yeah, I'm getting four, I was getting four... ok now they've moved position again...um... I'm sweeping back and forth in kind of like a triangle, just back and forth from where the beam is (spotted?) towards Chicago, then I sweep it back toward uh maybe Fort Wayne. Each sweep they uh... they'll be in the same position, and then all of a sudden they'll pop up somewhere else. So it, instantaneously moving and I'm getting about, uh between three and four returns, and they look like uh, sweeping in the vertical, they look like very strong spikes. I'm getting um..... It's really weird............. So I don't know if I'm uh........ These are bigger than planes... Usually a plane will pick up as a uh, a little pin point, these are about, um on my radar scope these are about the size of maybe um, looks like half a centimeter across.

911: (garble) I'm going to try Grand Rapids once here too, see if they got anything that they're aware of once too.

NWS: They look like they're moving, They're all moving towards the South towards Chicago, there's three returns moving towards Chicago. Um, they're about over center of um Lake Michigan, three of them in a triangle , and about the Southern, real Southern part of Lake Michigan probably just off the coast of Berrien County, just Northeast of Chicago..

link

Also, can I ask you why you didn't allude to other aspects of UFO evidence as described in the first paragraph of the first post in this thread before going on yet another one of your inane rants?

Odd that.

..some of the more (in)famous cases also involve intriguing aspects like radar confirmation, E.M. interference effects, ground trace evidence or separately located witnesses to help corroborate the reports.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join