It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hovers Over NSA Base - Australia, October, 1973.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There's some pretty bizarre close range UFO testimony below taken from official RAAF Department of Defence documents which describe a very strange object hovering over US Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt on the west coast of Australia in October, 1973 - the military witnesses describe a large, black, airborne object with a revolving halo around the centre which accelerated at 'unbelievable' speed, there's also mention of the object having no exhaust (or making no sound) and it was witnessed at two separate locations around the base..

DEFCON 3 TO TOP SECRET UMBRA - A NATIONAL SECURITY CRISIS WITH A UFO CONNECTION IN 1973

On a narrow west coast peninsula, over one thousand kilometres to the north of the main centres of population in Western Australia, stands an enigmatic monument to the military ethic. It is a remote spot even for a country as vast and thinly populated as Australia..

Collectively the 3 sites function as a window into an extraordinary world that few of us are privy to. I refer to the vast and often mind boggling world of military intelligence. The site is officially called US Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt. It is more popularly known as North West Cape.

At about 1915 hours, on that fateful Thursday, October 25th, 1973, Lt. Commander M_____ (USN) observed "a large black, airborne object" at a distance of approximately 8 kilometres to the west at an altitude estimated at 600 metres. Lt. Cmdr. M_____ was driving south from the naval communication station towards the support township of Exmouth, along Murat Road. The officer indicated in a written statement that,

"After about 20-25 seconds the craft accelerated at unbelievable speed and disappeared to the north."

The officer's account further states:

7. Hovering at first, then accelerating beyond belief

.9. No noise or exhaust.

11. Have never experienced anything like it.

At the base, Fire Captain (USN) Bill L____ also saw the extraordinary craft. He provided the following statement:

"At 1920 hrs, I was called by the POW to close the Officers club. I proceded towards the club in the Fire Dept. pick-up 488, when my attention was drawn to a large black object, which at first I took to be a small cloud formation, due west of Area 'B' [in the vicinity of Mount Athol - B.C.]. Whilst travelling towards the Officers club I couldn't help but be attracted by this object's appearance. On alighting from pick-up 488, I stood for several minutes and watched this black sphere hovering."

"The sky was clear & pale green-blue. No clouds were about whatsoever.The object was completely stationary except for a halo around the centre, which appeared to be either revolving or pulsating. After watching it for approx. 4 minutes, it suddenly took off at tremendous speed & disappeared in a northerly direction, in a few seconds. I consider this object to have been approx. 10 metres in diameter, hovering at 300 metres over the hills due west of the base. It was black, maybe due to looking in the drection of the setting sun. No lights appeared on it at any time."

This is an extraordinary incident. When I first saw the report on it back in 1975 I was surprised, due to its contents, that, firstly, it had been entered onto standard RAAF Department of Defence UAS sighting report forms, and, secondly, that it had been made available to a researcher who had requested copies of some reports for statistical analyses being undertaken for my research group.

With the hindsight of the knowledge of its broader implications, which I am about to reveal, it leaves me just short of incredulous that people outside the world of military intelligence were made privy to it.
I have already noted in passing the part the National Security Agency (NSA) plays in the shadowy world of intelligence and its significant presence at North West Cape. It occupies a position of extraordinary significance. Therefore it was fascinating to observe the bizarre sideshow played out when a civilian UFO group tried to determine if the NSA had any files on UFOs..

THE AUSTRALIAN MILITARY & GOVERNMENT ROLE IN THE UFO CONTROVERSY

Object Sketch:

According to official reports, at 7.30 p.m. Lieutenant Commander M, of the US Navy, observed 'a large black, airborne object' in the airspace over the important US intelligence base at North-West Cape. US Navy Fire Captain L had also seen the object. The object was about 10 metres in diameter and was about 300 metres above the ground. It was completely stationary except for a halo around its centre, which appeared to be either revolving or pulsating.

link

The military base in question is said to be home to the National Security Agency in Australia and researcher Bill Chalker makes some very good points in the first link about declassified NSA UFO documents - there's also some pretty controversial claims here that the NSA is heavily involved with the UFO phenomenon due to its electronic expertise and more nice info and pics below about the base being the southern hemisphere's most powerful transmission station and having the largest antenna array in the world.

The Harold E. Holt Naval Communications Station - named after a former Australian Prime Minister who mysterious vanished while swimming in 1967 - is located three miles north of the town of Exmouth, close to where the Qantas incident occurred as the aircraft flew to Perth from Singapore.

The base sends radio signals to US Navy and Royal Australian Navy ship and submarines in the western Pacific Ocean and the eastern Indian Ocean and is the most powerful transmission station in the Southern Hemisphere.

Harold E. Holt Naval Communication Station

edit on 10-5-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the presentation. It seems that they have an interest in our technologies. These kinds of sightings always intrigue me more than a lot of others. They are "spotted" hovering outside some military installation by personnel who swear secrecy and then later (decades later sometimes) recount the details of their part in the event. It always fascinates me that they appear to be just sitting there with no seeming intent. Yet quite probably, with passive sensors way beyond our own, that are surely there to monitor, detect or analyze our electro magnetic defensive and even weapons technologies. Bent Waters and another report outside a US silo are in here:

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Former Air Force Capt. Robert Salas – who has written a book about the Montana incidents – said he was underground when a UFO hovered over his missile silo in March 1967, and therefore couldn’t see it. He said one of his guards above ground told him a red, glowing object about 30 feet in diameter was hovering just above the front gate of the facility, in an isolated area far from Malmstrom.

“And just as I [called my commander], our missiles began going into what’s called a no-go condition, or unlaunchable. Essentially, they were disabled while this object was still hovering over out site,” Salas said.

Thats fascinating because the "object", unbeknownst to the duty officers underground, was reported to them by an above ground sentry who could little know about the missiles "going off line" from his vantage point. The neat part of that trick is that the missiles have no "off" switch in the silo control bunker under ground. The missileers however recount that a number of their birds were off line at the reported time of the sighting.

At Bentwaters Colonel Holt reported that at the time of the incident at that Nato base in the UK there were beams dropping into the weapons storage areas...

At about the same time, he was hearing radio reports from base personnel that beams from some of the objects were “falling into or near the weapons storage area.”

That settles it for me. These sightings may appear to be "benign" or even confusing when it comes to intent, but when you hear these tidbits of information you realize the true intent of their "mission" was to "probe the nukes" nearby. All else was a distraction. I wonder what the residual effect if any was left over from incidents like these? They seem benign anyway.

I don't have a link for it but the Chicago air terminal sighting of a hovering UFO in a radar "blind spot" was also revealing. Again, as though a passive monitoring and test of "limits of detection" on our part was their only prerogative.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Excellent.........thanks.............going back for a further read!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Interesting and just recently watched a documentary on Netflix about UFOs in which they went over some various cases and such. I think in the same year didn't some UFOs hover over the white house? May not have been the same year but close to that year? *shrugs* Yet it seems as we have progressed the number of sightings have lessened; at least in my eyes. I'm kind of wondering where they all went.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SolidFaith

I think we were warned. Then we (TPTB) decided to take a diffrent direction.

Just a thought

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Appreciate the reply Intrptr and there's a relevant news clipping below mentioning some other UFO incursions around military bases, BlackVault's John Greenewald Junior also goes into more detail here about government documents and there are plenty of very strange object descriptions - one UFO hovering over Canon Air Force base is described as being..'25 yards in diameter, gold or silver in color with blue light on top, hole in middle, and red light on bottom" so god knows what that was - the object involved in the Minot Air Force base incident also sounds like a very freaky one.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I thought about that as well since almost every point in which they appeared in numerous numbers or such was generally during the pre or aftermath of an event. While there are cases all around the main ones that seem to most often be glanced to are usually ones that involve the army themselves like the battle over Los Angeles and such.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Interesting, that they are building a new "Space observatory" in Exmouth this year. I lived near the base for about 6months. AFP patrol the perimeter, every 20m. Hilary clinton paid a visit to the Harold E Holt base last year.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

I think we were warned. Then we (TPTB) decided to take a diffrent direction.

CaptainBeno, love that avatar
- when you mention the 'TPTB', maybe the NSA are up there as they've been described as 'the biggest brother of them all' -it states at the link below that, because they were established without any official legislation, there is nothing legally they cannot do -it also states the agency has an annual budget of 10 million US dollars and is bigger than the CIA..

NSA - THE BIGGEST BROTHER OF ALL

As the "First Party" to the UKUSA Agreement, the National Security Agency undertakes numerous clandestine operations.

It is arguably the most significant intelligence-gathering agency. As the NSA was established without any official legislation, there is nothing, legally, that it cannot do. It is often referred to as No Such Agency!

The National Security Agency can only be described as the biggest brother of all. Secretly launched by the Truman Administration on 4th November 1954, the NSA today controls over 2,000 electronic intercept stations, has a budget of over US$10 billion per year, and employs more than 130,000 personnel around the world - making it even larger than the CIA (Ball, 1980, p.33).

The NSA operates more than three billion dollars’ worth of decoding machines, scramblers, computers and other forms of electronic equipment. The first Cray computer was built specifically to meet the needs of the NSA.

link

Can't seem to find any more info on the Australian sightings or RAAF Defense documents but it also mentions in this paragraph that since 1972 the NSA has been "secretly monitoring and often assessing worldwide allegations of UFO activity."

Howard Blum, a former award winning journalist for The New York Times, identifies the author of the "surprise material" and "UFO Hypothesis and Survival Questions" documents as Lambros D. Callimahos. Callimahos was an almost legendary figure within the National Security Agency and the field of cryptology. He founded the Dundee Society - a secret society within the NSA, which proselytised from within that UFOs had probably already visited Earth. According to Blum, the NSA has since 1972 been "secretly monitoring and often assessing worldwide allegations of UFO activity." The 1973 DEFCON 3 SIGINT episode in Australia was an extraordinary example.

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for that reply. Hmmm, interesting. I debunk a lot but this subject is a lot more interesting in its content and scope than all the YouTube videos put together. In my mind it is at one of the hearts of the phenomenon of Extra peoples and their visitations.

They seem to visit for a bit and study our tech warfare stuff. Just letting us know they were there, but doing no lasting harm. The implications are enormous. That a) They let us know of their presence and b) specifically indicate their interest (weapons and electronic comm. and radars).

So why tell us they are monitoring? But do nothing like say, evaporate the warheads? Or set em off and conquer the world for all the oil or gold? Why leave us to our own seeming destructive bent? Just observing... I don't believe that. Is it a form of blackmail? Or just monitoring our stuff so they can intervene if we do ever let fly with the nukes? Hey that would be neat. They chart all the locations on the planet they are stored and if/when/ nuke warfare breaks out, they pull a "Day the Earth Stood Still" magic trick and none of the missiles launch. I like that best of all.

Oh and Roswell incident was about a base too, right? 509th bomb group, newly formed radar and guided missile technology was there in the nearby desert? Makes you wonder...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Cool thread, this case seems pretty well documented...

SnF again karl, thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by omega man

Why would the AFP patrol the base, it's owned by Boeing.

And I thought it was the echelon base that Hilary visited?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Uhh Karl, you've used an ANW article as one of your sources there buddy.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Uhh Karl, you've used an ANW article as one of your sources there buddy.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes mate and although the link didn't mention the incident described in the RAAF Department of Defence documents and only provided technical data about the base, I've removed it from the opening post.

It does mention this sighting from 1991 though -have you ever heard any more info about it as it states the report was quite well known in Australia?

Numerous local farmers and residents have reported brightly coloured UFO’s in the area over the years and one well-known report in 1991 also involved multiple witnesses seeing beams being shot at these craft.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolidFaith

Interesting and just recently watched a documentary on Netflix about UFOs in which they went over some various cases and such.

SolidFaith, was it 'I know what I saw'?

If so, great documentary.

Originally posted by SolidFaith

I think in the same year didn't some UFOs hover over the white house?

Yes and Gazrok has made a great thread here about the case and here's what Senior Air Traffic Controller Harry Barnes had to say about the objects:

"There is no other conclusion I can reach but that for six hours on the morning of the 20th of July, 1952 there were at least ten unidentifiable objects moving above Washington....I can safely deduce that they performed gyrations which no known aircraft could perform. By this I mean that our scope showed that they could make right angle turrns and complete reversals of flight".

Senior Air Route Traffic Controller Harry Barnes

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
Cool thread, this case seems pretty well documented...

It certainly a freaky incident mate with (yet another) case of extremely strange object descriptions and reported flight characteristics - it states below that researcher Bill Chalker conducted the first officially sanctioned direct review of the Australian government's UFO files and there's some relevant info at the links about his research into official Royal Australian Air Force UFO documents:

In 1982 Bill Chalker was the first civilian researcher to gain direct access to the previously classified RAAF UFO files during several visits to the Canberra headquarters of the Directorate of Air Force Intelligence. He described his access in the following way:

"Prior to 1982 civilian UFO researchers only had a confused and vague picture of clandestine official involvement in Australia. In the face of the lethargy in the RAAFs replies to serious enquiries, I stepped up my efforts at diplomatically trying to get direct access to the RAAF UFO files. It probably surprised me more than anybody else when the RAAF finally agreed to permit me to examine their files.

"The extent of access was unprecedented in the history of the Australian UFO controversy. From the first of my visits to the Russell Offices of the Department of Defence, in Canberra, on January 11th, 1982 to my last in June, 1984, I was able to scrutinise the extent of official UFO investigations in Australia. For the first time a detailed "inside" picture was revealed of RAAF investigations.

"I was able to undertake the first officially sanctioned direct review of the Australian government's UFO files. Over two and a half years I was able to

(1) examine the majority of the extant UFO files held by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) at the Directorate of Air Force Intelligence (DAFI), Department of Defence, Russell Offices, Canberra

(2) examine the entirety of the extant UFO files held by the Department of Aviation at their Bureau of Air Safety Investigation in Melbourne, Victoria.

The review has provided a detailed understanding of official involvement in Australia..

link 1, link 2

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Karl,

Thanks for yet another excellent thread.

As one of the witnesses pointed out, the UAP could have appeared black because he saw it silhouetted against the brighter western sky around the time of sunset.

So the UAP could actually have had a metallic appearance like the one that Professor Marzal depicted after his dental sighting at Mendoza, Argentina in 1971.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting that both Saturn-like UAPs showed an 'interest' in human space communications technology and both carried out their apparent surveillance missions with the sun, or still bright twilight sky, behind them.

Cheers.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lowneck

Hey Lowneck interesting observation mate and great thread about the Mendoza sightings from two years earlier
-there's another intriguing case here from the 1970's where an object was witnessed (and tracked on radar) over a restricted electronic warfare facility but I'm struggling to find a more detailed object description - there was also this eyewitness report below from another (alleged) military base in Australia which describes 'Saturn shaped' UFOs and the link lists other case examples.

On December 27, 2001, a woman living in the Australian Capital Territory (A.C.T.) spotted two UFOs over Belconnen, which is reputed to be the site of a large NATO underground base.

A. Babbidge reported, "I was having an afternoon nap in the lounge room when I was woken to the sound of an aeroplane circling round near where I live. The plane sounded as if it were an air force (Royal Australian Air Force, RAAF) or army plane such as a Hercules. By the time I got outside, the plane had moved out of sight but I could still hear it."

"I searched the sky for a bit when suddenly I saw, almost above me, a white-silver-grey round object with what looked like small wings or a Saturn shape. It was cruising along much higher than the planes that regularly fly across here. It was steady at all times and made no sound."

"Twenty seconds later, another object--exactly the same--appeared. The two objects continued in the same direction (east) the same distance apart till I could not see them any more. It looked like they turned very slightly, and it looked like they had two silver headlights."

"It took the objects about 50 to 60 seconds" to go west-to-east from horizon to horizon, she added, "And they never changed their position, although initially the second object moved up behind the first object very fast."

Ms. Babbidge described the UFOs as "a round Saturn shape with small wing-like protrusions in the middle on each side. They were definitely not in the shape of a plane. It was a clear blue sky and one of the gustiest, windiest days in the (Belconnen) area."

link

Cheers.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Further info on incident from Bill Chalker - sourced by RealTVUFOs:

THE UFO CONNECTION: STARTLING IMPLICATIONS FOR AUSTRALIA’S NORTH WEST CAPE, AND FOR AUSTRALIA’S SECURITY

PDF File

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for that reply. Hmmm, interesting. I debunk a lot but this subject is a lot more interesting in its content and scope than all the YouTube videos put together. In my mind it is at one of the hearts of the phenomenon of Extra peoples and their visitations.

They seem to visit for a bit and study our tech warfare stuff. Just letting us know they were there, but doing no lasting harm. The implications are enormous. That a) They let us know of their presence and b) specifically indicate their interest (weapons and electronic comm. and radars).

So why tell us they are monitoring? But do nothing like say, evaporate the warheads?

Because they don't have the need to do so at the moment, and they don't want to get in any conflict with humans.

Or set em off and conquer the world for all the oil or gold? Why leave us to our own seeming destructive bent? Just observing... I don't believe that. Is it a form of blackmail? Or just monitoring our stuff so they can intervene if we do ever let fly with the nukes? Hey that would be neat. They chart all the locations on the planet they are stored and if/when/ nuke warfare breaks out, they pull a "Day the Earth Stood Still" magic trick and none of the missiles launch. I like that best of all.

What scenarios fit the observed data, as meagre as they are, the best?

Fact) UFO's from presumed ETs have done nothing to halt inter-human conflict in any circumstance.

Logic) It is foolish and irrational to believe that they would change this policy without evidence to the contrary.

Logic) It is foolish and irrational to believe that one should view ET's motives, so far undisclosed by them, through our needs and desires, as opposed to serving theirs. ET is not your mommy.

Conclusion) Any nuke not directed at them would be left to blow up our own.

Conclusion) the most likely explanation is the obvious one: they are conducting surveillance on human military capabilities to evaluate the potential threat to their own operations, whatever they are, and prepare countermeasures.

edit on 18-7-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join