It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An encounter I had with something.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

She said it came out out of a ditch (which is really just a slight embankment there).

Thank you for the informative link!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by krimletch

Thanks for sharing your creepy story. It definitely could have been a bear you heard. I'm glad you're okay.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thank you for the information! That picture definitely could be it! It's interesting that they work in threes. I'm going to google that one for sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Oh wow! I'm glad you didn't hit it! You could have seriously been hurt!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I'm neither Scottish or Irish. But I did google the wee folk the other day to see if I could find anything similar.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

If something jumped out of the floor in front of me I'd have twenty seven heart attacks before I died covered in my own tears and spittle.

Your grandma is incredibly brave. Please do inquire about the details. I'd appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
To the OP:

Any updates from the gentleman who lived near the cemetery? Great thread, very intriguing.

We are meeting him this afternoon. I'm nervous. I'm nervous for a couple of reasons ... I am terrified about what he may tell me but I know I'm going to be so upset if he can't tell me anything.

I'm also going to be at his house and I'm hoping he will let me snap some pictures of it and the rooms he says are the most active with hauntings.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

Great to hear. Im so looking forward to what you find out! This is better then movie of the week! Still curious to what may have happened to Mike while he was behind the shed....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
That sure sounds like a creepy encounter! Thanks for sharing.
Unfortunately, the way these things pan out the best you can probably hope for is to come up with an idea or two of what it "might" have been. Things like that rarely hang around for interviews and photo sessions.
Not to say I wouldn't be doing the same as you. It looks like you have a good handle on things, research-wise.
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Good luck on your quest!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't answer everything this morning. I'm trying to stay as on top of it as I can because you're all being so helpful and I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Unfortunately, I have a few errands to run in town before we go and meet my husband's coworker. I'll definitely be back later on this evening with a report of anything that I see/hear.

Re: Mike and his behavior ... Linda hasn't replied to my email thus far. I'm hoping I didn't offend her.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I may have to make multiple posts here.

I WILL dispel some of these wacky assumptions which make no sense.

And I WILL shed some light onto this subject...how? With questioning and logical analysis (and or their corresponding potential answers).

I have encountered such beings as described herein, but I implore you people to please think LOGICALLY and stop the hocus pocus magic think, which is irrational.

Scientific thinking combined with careful research of historical precedent is a logical and forward thinking process, but automatically saying it is demons and becoming cowardly and saying "Don't even think about it, don't remember it - it makes it stronger" is just unacceptable fear-mongering.

#1 : There is no such thing as SuperNatural or ParaNormal.
=== If something EXISTS in REALITY = It is NORMAL and NATURAL.
It is a PHYSICAL entity which is visible with the Eyeball, a Sensory organ that collects Light and forms our vision based on this photon reception.

If anyone wants to debate this go for it, I'll rip you up with a 1000 questions and correlations, but be my guest.

I have been researching this subject and similar subjects in depth, and I know of vast amounts of reports and generally it is fairly easy to determine made up stories from actual legit stories.
My interpretation is the OP story is most likely true. It bears the hallmarks of a legitimate sighting report.

I have a million things to share in hopes that people can learn more and will not be afraid of this subject, Stop being Cowards. Stand up and DEMAND the TRUTH!!!!

We do not know the true origins of these creatures yet, but we are on the verge of discovering it, and proof will become available for all to see inevitably. If it's real, it's gonna be proven. Have faith in this, it is simple cause and effect.

These "things" are NOT
1) Magical
2) Powerful
3) Special
4) Very Intelligent

These "things" ARE
1) Physical
2) Alive
3) Normal and Natural
4) Explainable with Science (we just need more evidence to formulate reasonable answers).
5) Obey the laws of Physics (we just don't know all the real laws yet)

We live in the real world folks, these things are reported everywhere. They are real, I have seen very similar things myself. They obey the laws of physics, we just don't understand physics correctly yet, as we are primitive and just now started to awaken from our magical hocus pocus mentalities.

Stop being chickens. Stand up and demand real solid answers. Ask pertinent questions. Question yourself and everything else. These things are obviously at our mercy. Let us unleash the light of knowledge and understanding on them, stop trying to scare everyone into being afraid to even touch the subject, it's putrid and disgusting.

(This rant is directed mainly to the poster above who wrote in ALL CAPS screaming about how evil and scary the truth is, and how we should stick our heads in the sand to be "safe".) It's just unacceptable ignorance and fear-mongering honestly.

I want people to be brave and have courage to face the unknown and seek answers. Many people here are already doing this, and I applaud you for having guts. Those with no guts need to find some ASAP.

Now that my rant between knowledge/bravery vs ignorance/cowardice is over, I shall link a thread that I wrote about what I saw myself.
Please read the questions that I and other posters ask in this thread.
8 foot tall Shadow Thing

After witnessing such inexplicable realities myself, I know they exist now. I know it's real.
In that thread myself and others ask all kinds of questions and share all kinds of theories. It's worth a quick review and there are links to various other stories etc in there. Also google "shadow people" or "shadow things", enjoy the research.

Let's PLEASE try to move this subject past the "Zomg Magic Spirits" phase of absurdities. Please.
Let's attempt to be rational and logical and move this subject into the realm of "Science Investigation Physical Reality" phase.

Keep in mind we simply do not know the origins of these things yet. This is what we are looking for. Their origins and the principals of physics upon which they operate. This is the goal, to find understanding for the mystery. Many of us do realize they actually exist, but most people are stuck in fantasy world and believe contradictory ideas like "it does physical actions but it is a spirit" type of nonsense. If it does physical actions, it is physical. This much is obvious.

I don't claim to know it all, but I do claim to have logic and rationality on my side at least. And I will dispel the old world style magic-talk. Question things. Question me.

I have a lot to share about topics like this.
I have 1 major suggestion.
Keep looking for answers/researching/questioning!!!
We are on the verge of cracking this bad boy open for Scientific scrutiny. Keep pushing for solid answers!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Many people will say "it's from another dimension", but this is patently absurd and illogical. I shall explain why.

#1) No one has demonstrated any evidence of another dimension (where these things can come from) even existing.

#2) People in OUR dimension report seeing it, therefore it is in Our Dimension!

#3) Which direction from you is this magical dimension? Up? Down? 3miles to the west? See...it's absurd.

We (some of us) know that these things exist, many of us have seen them first hand. In this Dimension.

I have never seen a shred of proof that any other Dimension exists other than our physical reality. There is no reason for a logical person to assume this is even a legit answer without any evidence to back it up. Dimension talk is slightly better than pure magic-hocus-pocus-spirit talk, but it still suffers from lack of hard philosophical questioning.

Maybe they are really "inter-dimensional" , but we have zero facts to predicate such assumptions upon. It must be considered a wild and unlikely hypothesis until such evidence can be demonstrated.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Classifying these things as "Djinn" or "Demons" is a Misnomer.

However I am fairly certain that the 1000 ancient stories of similar beings are simply old stories of the Same Phenomena. These stories have to be almost exact in their physical descriptions, otherwise we have to categorize it under another subject.

Yes it is the same thing, BUT calling it the old world terminology implies magic-think, and I think we need to stay away from that except when relating historical context where it is applicable.

These are real objects just like a tree is a real object. Otherwise it would not exist, this is a direct logical analysis.

We truly lack the terminology to refer to these things, and I personally have been using "Shadow Thing" as my preferred terminology because it describes the Appearance (Shadow-Dark) , and it describes the Nature (Unknown nature, therefore "thing"). Some call it "Shadow Person" but I do not like this characterization, I do not think they are people. They appear to be different than humans.

But really we have dozens of terms to apply to this classification of creatures, which all seem to fit fairly well into a subject category. From Specters, sentinels, watchers, lurkers, demons, djinn, the list goes on and on, every culture has multiple terms for these things, and various categories and classifications.

For example we have the short (3ft tall) ones, typically wearing cloaks with hoods.
We have the really tall ones (8ft+) that just don't look remotely human.
We have the close to human sized ones, who are reported to wear fedora hats. (This is very close to human appearance).

The list goes on, but the main goal here is to exercise scientific logic. We should categorize things, classify them, find similarities and differences. We should question our assumptions and seek solid answers that conform to straight-forward logic and philosophical reasoning.

I just want solid answers, and I know many of you do, so let us make sure we have the Tools to find those answers.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

Seriously, I believe you!
If I were you, I'd set a trap or a few in that area.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If you read the humanoid encounter reports you'll find that black cloaked aliens are quite commonly encountered.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
After analysis of the assumed categories of such entities, we are left with two main solutions (however there are potentially 100 solutions). I picked these two particular solutions because they are Easy to Explain and grounded in physical reality type conceptualizations.

#1 Terrestrial Biological Entity
#2 Extra-Terrestrial Biological Entity

The other theories, such as mentioned prior, like "Extra-Dimensional" are lacking in evidence so it has a lower chance of being the truth. It could be the real solution, but the odds are much lower that such a complex solution would be fruitful.

And as pointed out above, theories that are "spirit or magic" based, do not conform to close philosophical scrutiny and end up being merely blanket terminology and riddled with misunderstandings and automatic reference to older world thinking. Therefore such solutions maintain very low odds of becoming fruitful.

However we should consider all possibilities and question the varied aspects of all of them. This is important because even I could be overlooking some really important things, we all do this quite often.

I am just attempting to set up a logical set of odds here so that people can see where the "More Likely" answers to these questions are, and see which solutions are "Less Likely" and predicated upon misunderstandings or lack of background knowledge.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Just picked up your story. I hope you and your pup are doing OK. This story caught my attention because of story or legend I heard about once. Around the Junction City (Boyle County) area of Kentucky there were tales of an animal or creature called a "gravedigger". The creature was described as small, brown and fast, often seen in the vicinity of graveyards. May or may not be helpful but I have heard several stories about strange creatures around rural cemeteries. Any posters from around central Ky? Anybody ever hear of this legend? Again hope you and your pooch are doing ok. Take care!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Many people will say "it's from another dimension", but this is patently absurd and illogical. I shall explain why.

#1) No one has demonstrated any evidence of another dimension (where these things can come from) even existing.

#2) People in OUR dimension report seeing it, therefore it is in Our Dimension!

#3) Which direction from you is this magical dimension? Up? Down? 3miles to the west? See...it's absurd.

Most of theoretical physicists will not agree with you.
Have you ever heard things like String theory, M-theory, Multiverse etc?

I´m not saying there are beings from other dimensions but to say there aren´t any other dimensions is also absurd.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Zmurfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

I said "Dimensions" from which these beings come from.

If you review quantum physics you will realize that the terminology Dimensions in which this is debated is clearly different entirely from the "portal to another dimension-magic speak" that people typically refer to these unknown entities.

Also, dimensional physics are theoretical, not fact.

You are confusing the two separate phenomena with the same word, when in reality this word is used in two entirely different manners in each separate context.

I am quite well versed on quantum mechanics enough to know that it is clearly two entirely different subjects.
The word "dimension" is being misused here.

In magic-talk, dimension is a place where a "portal" opens up and leads you to another physical reality. It is another "realm".

In physics-talk, dimensions are Length, Width, Height, Time. And the theorized dimensions are extensions of these physical parameters. In physics dimensions are ALL HERE right Now! Dimensions are measurement constructs not alternate realms/realities.
edit on 1-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

To a carp “scientist,” the universe only consists of two dimensions, length and width. There is no such thing as “height.” In fact, they are incapable of imagining a third dimension beyond the pond. The word “up” has no meaning for them. (Imagine their distress if we were to suddenly lift them out of their two dimensional universe into “hyperspace,” i.e. our world!) However, if it rains, then the surface of their pond becomes rippled. Although the third dimension is beyond their comprehension, they can clearly see the waves traveling on the pond’s surface. Likewise, although we earthlings cannot “see” these higher dimensions, we can see their ripples when they vibrate. According to this theory, “light” is nothing but vibrations rippling along the 5th dimension.

Mkaku.org

This example clearly shows that in physics "dimensions" are considered types of measurement.

This is directly opposite of the way people refer to dimensions in the sense that "they come from another realm on the other side of our own realm through a portal".

Just do some research and you will see what I mean.

In the physics connotation of "dimensions", we would refer to these entities as physical reality which are visible in Our 4 dimensional perceptions.

However keep in mind, you and I, and every physical object transcends all possible dimensions due to the fact it is merely measurement constructs. Everything can be measured in those dimensions as well.

Under the quantum physics terminology, everything is "extra-dimensional", because it is just new ways to measure something's parameters.

If everything is "extra-dimensional", than calling a unexplained entity something from another dimension is illogical and a misnomer. It doesn't describe anything.
edit on 1-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join