It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon's Temple

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
theory: the ark was in the "sarcophagus" in the king's chamber in cheop's pyramid at giza. it was an electrical device that somehow harnassed the physics of the environment to generate and hold electrical power, the drier the environment, the better (static electricity generation).

What reasons do you have for thinking so? Id be interested.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have heard and read about the Ark since I was old enough to go to church. I have made more than a few preachers mad when I ask this question, but have never gotten a satisfactory answer.
For that matter I have never gotten much in the way of an answer at all.

If the Hebrews had possession of and carried into battle a "weapon" which could defeat all other armies, how
is it the Hebrews were defeated, their temple burned and the Ark "stolen away"?

I've heard about God allowing it to happen because of their sinning but they had sinned before and have since.

If he allowed it because it would increase the need for faith! Why remove the only real evidence for faith they
ever had?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

This lends to the story that Moses was not a jew, but an Egyptian, and also Moses isnt a name, it's a title.

Well, according to scripture, he was raised as an Egyptian Prince, so it's actually pretty likely. Interesting point about written Hebrew...didn't look it up, so taking your word on that. Safe to assume that Moses learned to read and write Egyptian though, given his upbringing as an Egyptian noble.

As for the Ark, I'm also of the opinion it's in Ethiopia...at least looking at the available evidence. Ever read about the ceremony done with the Ark, at the Temple? Talk about a rough job... (put on the tabernacle vest, go in, and you either die or come out and all is well). I wonder how many priests died during the ritual (and what killed them)? I'm still of the opinion it was highly radioactive rocks in there...

I'm still thinking that Solomon was one of the first to practice a time-honored Middle-Eastern tradition of having (and using) doubles to prevent the threat of assassinations. Maybe this is how he could be in one place, then far far away the next night? Hmm...??? Magic Carpet? Doubtful...though I'm sure we'll see a UFO thread on his UFO connections soon...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

So what happened to all that level of wealth, indications are that Babylon got it when it sacked Jerusalem.
Burned and it's inhabitants either killed or taken as captives. Nothing was left of all that massive wealth.

Yeah, I´ll take that as an answer. That sounds, looks, feels accurate.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover
reply to post by AnnunakiRageTheChosenPeop

Sitchin is an idiot who couldn't read the Sumerian tablets he claimed to. I know more Sumerian and Akkadian and most assuredly more Egyptian than he did (n.b. I have a degree in Ancient Near Eastern History and Culture). El simply means "Lord" or "God" in Hebrew and several other related Semitic langauges like Ugaritic. I read Sitchin when I want a laugh; I read JNES, JNEA or JEA when I want to know something.

Thats a pretty big statment fella, if he couldn't read the Sumarian texts, he spent his whole life bull**iting to himself and the world.

BTW, whats JNES, JNEA, preytell ?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well the zionists, illuminati (babylonian satanists) plan to revive the solomon temple by destroying the Al-Aqsa mosque with 'exacavations' and 'accidental' fires. You can call it the root of all evil.

edit on 28-2-2011 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I also find the Ark fascinating but is it a unique symbolic item created by a people who were trying to establish their uniqueness?

We are told they built it themselves but died if they touched it or got haemoroids. It is a wonderful symbol of power to take onto the battlefield and gain a psychological advantage. With all its gold one would have thought the other side would have fought like hell to grab it.

I wonder how reliable the bible actually is? It appears to have been written over a long period of time by 5 different authors and is made upof selected texts it is not all inclusive of the many available texts.

An example of this relates to an Ark story. It tells us that when the Israelites got to Jericho they marched around the city walls 5 times, blew trumpets and the walls came tumbling down. The problem is that archaelogically we know they passed Jericho before it actually had walls fortifying it. They could simply have walked in.

I don't understand why the flying carpet was left out of the bible, surely every chief in the area would have demanded one. Having looked at the cost of fuel I want one.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
But what's the end game, get a krane and knock down the dome of the rock?

Thats a real issue. It would start WWIII, which is why it hasnt been done.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Actually...

I'm more fascinated with the man standing with a drawn sword who Joshua (the anointed leader over Israel when Moses was condemned), upon crossing the Jordan river to begin his campaigne to enter the pomised land immediately encountered, informed Joshua (after asking this man if he was for them or against them) that he was the Commander of the Army of the Lord, and that he had then arrived.

The man then goes on to tell Joshua that he needed to take his sandals off because he was standing on Holy Ground. At that point Joshua, King of Isreal, Took off his sandals, and then bowed to the ground before this man (an act of worship) which the 'Commander' accepted.

Noteable here is that biblically - those who encountered Angellic spirit creatures that felt compelled to drop to thier knees and bow were IMMEDIATELY stopped by that angel and then told to not do that, but to instead worship God...

Interesting indeed...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick

Anyways onto the thread, it is said that Solomon was helped by a demon called Asmodeus in creating his temple, Asmodeus supposedly gave him precise directions on how to construct the Temple.

Ive learned about the "jinn" assisting Solomon according to the Quran. Is the Asmodeus episode in the Bible?

Also Solomon died as an Apostate even though he was one of the wisest man in the bible, how could a man fabled for his wisdom reach the conclusion that his God was false?

Some become worldly.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
But what's the end game, get a krane and knock down the dome of the rock?

Thats a real issue. It would start WWIII, which is why it hasnt been done.

Indeed, it will be suicide for the zionists and will become the biggest graveyard for US troops.

Not until Greater israel has been established from Nile-Eupharates.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover
You need to go back and read the Bible. Moses most emphatically did not receive the Ark from the Hebrew god, Yahweh, or El if you prefer. He allegedly received the tablets the Commandments were inscribed on, twice as a matter of fact, since he broke the first set when he saw the Israelites worshipping the golden calf. He also received from El instructions on how to build the Ark - dimensions, materials, colors, but not the Ark itself.

Yes, so Ive been told by you and others.. If I could go back and edit the OP, I would.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I find this confusing. Atlantis is fictional and totally unrelated to King Solomon's Temple.

In the more esoteric versions of human history Enoch built vaults at that location to save things from the coming flood. Solomon knew where the vaults were, knew the relative sacredness of the place and chose to erect the structure there. Thats the idea. Im not saying its true, just passing along what some believe.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
theory: the ark was in the "sarcophagus" in the king's chamber in cheop's pyramid at giza. it was an electrical device that somehow harnassed the physics of the environment to generate and hold electrical power, the drier the environment, the better (static electricity generation).

What reasons do you have for thinking so? Id be interested.

While this theory is quite provacative, I just don't see evidence that supports a claim that the "Ark of the Covenent" was used as a power source inside the "Great Pyramid." Other than a minimal amount of subjective heiroglyphs and a few "Baghdad Batteries," there is no proof of ancient civilizations using electricity. Don't you think if ancient Egypt was using the "Great Pyramid" as a power plant we would see a lot more evidence? Lightbulbs, cables, some type of switches, and a system to regulate and distribute said power.

There is plenty of evidence that suggests the "Ark of the Covenent" was influenced by Egyptian iconography.

A few key points from this video are:

1. How did the newly freed slaves fashion the "Ark of the Covenent" out of gold in the middle of the desert?

2. How did the scribes, who wrote the book of Exodus, accurately describe the Ark if the only person allowed to see the Ark was the "High Priest?"

It sounds perfectly reasonable that the newly released slaves, which according to the Bible out numbered their Egyptian captors, may have done some looting before they wandered into the desert. Did they loot enough gold to melt down allowing the Israelites to make the "Ark of the Covenent?"

What I find a little curious is the fact that the Pharoah changed his mind and chased the Israelites into the desert. Why did he change his mind? Did they loot something that was far too important to let go? After the 10th plauge, the death of each firstborn, the Pharoah gave in to Moses. Can you imagine the fear the Egyptians must of had? Now they are going to chase these people into the desert? Why?

I posted a video of "The Exodus Decoded" earlier in this thread. Simja Jacobovichi does a really good job answering a lot of these questions. This is one of the best and most complete theories I've seen.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

I recently saw a documentary on the Smithsonian Channel that explored clues that the Templars secretly made it to America. Some of the clues include Templar "code" and a letter known as the "hooked x." There is also a pre-Revolutionary War stone tower whose windows are in alignment with celestial events, and even stranger ---architectural features point to a geographic location in the midwest where a stone is half-buried, believed to have been chiseled-upon my the Templars. Great documentary.

The documentary concerned the Templars having the Holy Grail in America. If they were able to manage this feat, it's possible for them to have brought the Ark, too, perhaps. Even if they didn't bring the Ark to America all those years ago, if the Ark has been in the hands of a family or secretive group, that group could have taken it anywhere, including America.

Im impressed the Smithsonian would venture that far into the fringe.

If you come up with the name of that show, please post it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Bah! Not so awesome compared to Babylon...

and Aztec wonderful cities:

thenatureofmind.typepad.com... The great pyramid of the Sun

www.televideos.com... Itza's Famous Observatory, Photo Copyright 1999 by Barry Hood.jpg Chichen Itza's observatory

Solomon's Temple was for sure an architectural landmark, but it seems to be somewhat of a typically freemasonic/semitic obsession. Many civilizations aroubd the world accomplished amazing architectural marvels, and Solomon's Temple is far fron being on the top of it all.
edit on 28/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Jesus is the Commander of the Army of the Lord.

Hence Joshua's actions.

This is backed up by Revelation, with Jesus returning to the Earth leading said army.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by Lynda101

That is actually false.

Jericho did in fact have walls, and they did fall…outward.

www.mnsu.edu...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by Gazrok

He was also taught the Hebrew way by his maternal mother.

I posted a link on page 3 of an archaeologist who discovered tablets written in a paleo-hebrew language that predates the Exodus by 1000 years or so.

I believe that the Hebrews had their own language, through slavery, lost the ability to read it. I believe that God used Moses and the Torah to reteach them their old language.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ive learned about the "jinn" assisting Solomon according to the Quran. Is the Asmodeus episode in the Bible?

in the old testament, king david is helped by "mighty men" in his battle against the philistines.
"mighty men" is biblical lingo for nephillim. apparently not all nephilim were evil.

jinn remind me of these guys

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join