It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon's Temple

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+69 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d27f9ac431a6.jpg[/atsimg]

A most fascinating subject for research is King Solomons Temple, for a number of reasons:

* Ancient scripture tells us that the Ark of Covenant (an object that Moses received directly from God) was placed there.

* It is rumored that the Knights Templar or their descendants removed the Ark and are now protecting it.

* In the allegories of Freemasonry the Temple relates to the Illumination of mankind

* According to a more secret tradition, there are vaults beneath the Temple that were built before the great flood by Enoch to save information destroyed in Atlantis.

* King Solomon was the richest person of his times and many of his treasures have yet to be found.

* Where once the center of Judaism stood, today stands the muslim "Dome of the Rock", symbolizing the conflict between the three Abrahamic Religions who are laying claim to the place.

* Excavations and Archaeological Research have been suppressed due to religious sensitivities.

The first Temple was built around 1000 B.C. and, according to Rabbinical sources, stood 410 years. Back then it was reported to be the grandest sight in the world. It is said that the Ark of the Covenant was first placed in the Tabernacle before it was brought to the Temple. The Tabernacle is the portable or flying "dwelling place of God", a device which accompanied the Jewish people on their journey. It is said that God did not want David to build a Temple for the Ark (which is also described as a vessel) because David had shed blood in wars. It was therefore Davids son, Solomon, who became the King of Israel and built the Temple. The temple was built by Hiram of Tyre and his Master Craftsman Hiram Abiff (who were the founders of Freemasonry, according to masonic legend).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f4913c10486.jpg[/atsimg]

The Ark of the Covenant, which contained the Stone Tablets with Gods Ten Commandments, a jar of "manna" and a miraculous and powerful device called Aarons Rod was placed in a special inner room of the Temple called "The Holy of Holies". The exact measurements and colors of the Temples interior can be found in this basic article on King Solomon's Temple.

After the first temple was destroyed, the Jews built a second Temple on the "Temple Mount" which was later destroyed by the Romans. In the 6th Century muslims built the "Dome of the Rock" on the Temple Mount. Todays Jewish "Wailing Wall" is the last remaining part of the Temple.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/581482b7e127.jpg[/atsimg]

Apart from Discussion the purpose of this thread is also research...my added research and the research of whoever wishes to contribute. There are hundreds of political, historical, religious and metaphysical paths that branch off of this subject and there is so much more to discover. Learning more about the Temple and attempts to rebuild the Temple may uncover the origins and secrets of the Abrahamic Religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam), the secrets of Freemasonry, the persecution of Jews throughout the ages and more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41d2d50620c3.gif[/atsimg]

Surrounding Solomon are several devices that are suggestive of technological gadgets. One of them is...

1. Solomons Magic Carpet

when Solomon sat upon the carpet he was caught up by the wind, and sailed through the air so quickly that he breakfasted at Damascus and supped in Media

According to the Quran Solomon not only created amazing buildings but also had a "Magic Carpet" with which he could "command the wind" and do "a months journey by evening". As a months journey was back then about 1200 kilometres, some researchers estimate that Solomons "carpet" went 77 mph (120 kph).

and to Solomon (we made) the wind (subservient and obedient): its early morning (stride) was a month's (journey), and its evening (stride) was a month's (journey); and we made a font of molten brass to flow for him; and there were jinn that worked in front of him, by the leave of his lord, and if any of them turned aside from our command, we made him taste of the penalty of the blazing fire.

Surah (Chapter) 34:12

From the sound of this, Solomon could also melt metals and shape them for his buildings. The flying carpet perhaps explains how Solomon could travel to so many places and have so many women (as the Bible says).

I will go into other gadgets that seem suggestive of advanced technology later. For now, some of the questions raised are: Where is all of Solomons Gold? What is it about the Temple Mount that disallows for Archaeological Excavation? How were the Templars involved and where did they hide their goods? What are the different places the Ark is rumoured to be hidden?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It is my understanding that the Queen of Sheba took the Ark to Ethiopia. What makes you think that the Knights Templar have it?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
It is my understanding that the Queen of Sheba took the Ark to Ethiopia. What makes you think that the Knights Templar have it?

There are several theories as to where the Ark is. One of them is that its in Ethiopia. Another one is that the Knights Templar have it. Another is that its no longer on Earth. Another is that the Babylonians took it. Another is that its just entirely lost. The question of where it is is a topic for research, the purpose of this thread.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yes according to researcher Graham Hancock the ARK is in Ethopia.

But just one thing, when Moses came down from the mountain with the ten commardments, what language were they written in ????

If you said Hebrew you'd be wrong, as the written from of Hebrew was not invented for another 300 years.

This lends to the story that Moses was not a jew, but an Egyptian, and also Moses isnt a name, it's a title.

Confused, well our whole past history is a tangled webb of myths and legends. I believe that our TRUE history has been covered up.

Just pinch yourself literally and tell me we came from microbs and then eventually from apes, what a load of MARLARKY.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Rumoured Locations of the Ark:

Ethiopia

France

South Africa

Jordan

U.K.

Ireland

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Moses Rod and Aarons Rod are also suggestive of advanced technology.

In the culture of the Israelites, the rod would be a natural symbol of authority, as the tool used by the shepherd to correct and guide his flock (Psalm 23:4). Moses' rod is, in fact, cited in Exodus 4:2 as carried by him while he tended his sheep; and later (Exodus 4:20) becomes his symbol of authority over the Israelites (Psalm 2:9, Psalm 89:32, Isaiah 10:24 and 11:4, Ezekiel 20:37). The rods of both Moses and Aaron were endowed with miraculous power during the Plagues of Egypt (Exodus 7:17, 8:5, 8:16-17, 9:23, and 10:13); God commanded Moses to raise his rod over the Red Sea when it was to be parted (Exodus 14:16) and in prayer over Israel in battle (Exodus 17:9); Moses brings forth water from a stone using his rod (Exodus 17, Numbers 20:11). Aaron's rod, however, is cited twice as exhibiting miraculous power on its own, when not physically in the grasp of its owner. In Exodus 7 (Parshat Va'eira in the Torah), God sends Moses and Aaron to Pharaoh once more, instructing Aaron that when Pharaoh demands to see a miracle, he is to "cast down his rod" and it will become a serpent. When he does so, Pharaoh's sorcerers counter by similarly casting down their own rods which also become serpents, but Aaron's rod/serpent swallows them all. "Pharaoh's heart is stubborn" and he chooses to ignore this bit of symbolic warning, and so the Plagues of Egypt ensue. Notably, this chapter begins with God telling Moses, "Behold, I have made you as God to Pharaoh".

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Loads of resources on the many agendas happening at the location today:

Temple Mount

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
double post

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Enoch's "name signified in the Hebrew, INITIATE or INITIATOR. The legend of the columns, of granite and brass or bronze, erected by him, is probably symbolical. That of bronze, which survived the flood, is supposed to symbolize the mysteries, of which Masonry is the legitimate successor from the earliest times the custodian and depository of the great philosophical and religious truths, unknown to the world at large, and handed down from age to age by an unbroken current of tradition, embodied in symbols, emblems, and allegories."

- General Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

According to Masonic lore, Enoch was the inventor of writing, "that he taught men the art of building", and that, before the flood, he "feared that the real secrets would be lost - to prevent which he concealed the grand Secret, engraven on a white oriental porphyry stone, in the bowels of the earth." - Royal Masonic Cyclopaedia

"In his Antiquities of the Jews, Josephus writes that Adam had forewarned his descendants that sinful humanity would be destroyed by a deluge. In order to preserve their science and philosophy, the children of Seth therefore raised two pillars, one of brick and the other of stone, on which were inscribed the keys to their knowledge.

- Manly P. Hall, Masonic, Hermetic, Quabbalistic & Rosicrucian Symbolical Philosophy

The children of Seth "also were the inventors of that peculiar sort of wisdom which is concerned with the heavenly bodies, and their order. And that their inventions might not be lost before they were sufficiently known, upon Adam's prediction that the world was to be destroyed at one time by the force of fire, and at another time by the violence and quantity of water, they made two pillars, the one of brick, the other of stone: they inscribed their discoveries on them both, that in case the pillar of brick should be destroyed by the flood, the pillar of stone might remain, and exhibit those discoveries to mankind; and also inform them that there was another pillar of brick erected by them. Now this remains in the land of Siriad to this day." - Flavius Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews Bk I, Ch II, Sn 3

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

If you said Hebrew you'd be wrong, as the written from of Hebrew was not invented for another 300 years.

This lends to the story that Moses was not a jew, but an Egyptian, and also Moses isnt a name, it's a title.

Ive never heard of that idea. It sounds like just another of several thousand theories.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I will go into other gadgets that seem suggestive of advanced technology later.

I'm just a little puzzled by the phrase "advanced technology". Advanced psychic ability and mysticism seems more applicable. But, we are in a technological age, and people look back on the past through the blinders of the current age, don't they?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
David supposedly,when he was digging the foundations for the temple found the eben stijjah,the stone of the deeps,on which the outspoken name of god was inscribed.tetragammaton.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

,I,Read everything I,can on Israel,or watch,grant Jeffrey,says,he believes, Israel has it now,also Hal, Lindsey,most of the prophesies(pastors,say this,I,have a biblical package on my cable,and the internet,I,study a lot,read a lot...,like the bible says,all Jews and people scales will fall from alls eyes,I, do believe we are in the end times.Yes,the third temple will be built, I believe,but the Antichrist will claim he is god there. Jesus,will bring the new temple,from heaven,not mankind...........as of right now our bodies are the temple of the lords.like Jesus said his body will be torn down and in 3 days it will be rebuild it.all people will bow down to Jesus,he is king of kings and lord of lords....he is the only way to heaven.watch for my upcoming articles here, I,also have my own forum,we are working on. universal poster......mine will be with news going on now and show you in the bible about it......all will be welcome.........

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

I'm just a little puzzled by the phrase "advanced technology". Advanced psychic ability and mysticism seems more applicable. But, we are in a technological age, and people look back on the past through the blinders of the current age, don't they?

The "paleocontact theory" holds that what was deemed magical back then may have been misunderstood/mistaken technology. Thats ONE way one could interpret various flying craft, for example.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
great thread ill def watch this one, very interesting

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
OP, God did not give the ark straight to Moses. He gave him the commandments, the first set he broke.
God gave Moses instructions on how to build the ark and the tabernacle, where in was the ark to be housed when they were not wandering through the wilderness.
You are right that there are many supposed locations of the ark. Some say the Babylonians got it when they took the temple. I do not believe this is the case because it was never listed in the loot that was reportedly taken, nor was any of the furniture that was kept in the Holy of Holies.
Some say the Jews have it, I believe that is totaly false because if they had it then the they would have taken or bargained for the Temple mount and started rebuilding the temple. It is rumored that they have been gathering everything needed to start it's construction and are only waiting on the ark.
I believe (no proof) that the templers found it. Not sure where it could be though.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I am in the camp that the Ark was a stolen Egyptian item. The depictions of the arch-angel Michael on the Ark are actually of Horus. It wouldn't have been the first nor the last time a religion co-opted the images of another. Regardless of what it was originally the Ark is a very interesting relic. Can't wait to see what else gets added to this thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The "paleocontact theory" holds that what was deemed magical back then may have been misunderstood/mistaken technology. Thats ONE way one could interpret various flying craft, for example.

That's a mistaken way to interpret various flying craft. The proper way is in light of comparative mysticism and parapsychology. Just an FYI. The power is not in the craft itself, or in wands, or in talismans, or in potions. Such things are just affectations. The power is in the Mind. Its psi, not tech.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
An interesting theory has been proposed at Viewzone.com regarding the Queen of Sheba and the Ark of the Covenant. The article claims that the Ark is hidden in Yemen, for anyone interested in viewing that it is on the front page of the website. I found it quite interesting. Am loving this topic. Thanks for posting!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Rumoured Locations of the Ark:

Ethiopia

France

South Africa

Jordan

U.K.

Ireland

I have read it could be in the "money pit" on Oak Island, also. This theory is tied loosely to the Templers, Henry Sinclair, the Freemasons etc also.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join