It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon's Temple

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
You would first have to know the object even existed to began with before you could even ponder on who or where it might be. Many objects were written about in the bible, but not one of those objects have ever been discovered such as The Ark, The Commandments, The Holy Grail, to name a few. I highly doubt that the so called "ark of the covenant" even existed, or if it did was long stripped of its value.

Even if it didnt exist, it exists in the minds of the people shaping the destiny of millions of people in the MiddleEast and elsewhere.

Personally, I believe it existed, but even if it didnt its important to know what those shaping our destiny believe.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by exroyalnavy

While we are heere and there are many Americans present on this thread: Have you ever wondered why America is called that? The "official" story is that the continent was named after Amerigo Vespucci, an Italian explorer/mapmaker. But don`t you think it strange that someone decided to call what he had discovered by his first name rather than his last name? I mean no other Country or area has been called after someones`s first name, has it? You have Pennsylvania called after William Penn - he didn`t call it Williamsylvania, did he? Pittsburg is similar. Washington: No-one suggested they call it "George" now did they? I can`t see anyone saying I name this Country after me "Fred". Amerigo Vespucci would have said lets call it "Vespucciland" or something surely.
I would love to hear what Americans have to say on the subject.

I dont know the answer to that one but my tendency is to think that "America" has a deeper meaning than just a seamans first name.America was planned and designed on a tracing...errr...drawing board.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bepreparedd
all roads lead to soloman's temple.

but no, seriously,

No seriously...I really think that a lot of roads lead to Solomons Temple (Atlantis, the Deluge, Ancient Egypt, the God of Israel) and from Solomon's Temple (Templars, Freemasons, America, Israel, Islam, Christianity).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Good information. I beleive the Nazi's obtained the ark. When the war was over. The Americans ended up with it. The Knights T, probably have all the gold and artifact as their job was to preserve history. They didn't want to keep it secret, it just ended up that way because of other trying steal and obtain the riches that the artifacts provide.

One must take a look at Hitlers huge planet wide search for ancient biblical artifact. He was on a mission to find something.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Kabbalistic thoght holdsthat the name yhwh contained all forces of nature,and since it could be divided,it was an god had lost his shekina,his feminine side or great mother,who had to return before there would be harmony in the universe.there was a connection with the sexual myth of the descent of father heavens phallus into the virgin mother earth to unlock her fountains to stimulate the upsurge of world sustaing blood.sexual organs of god and goddess lay at the center of HOLY OF HOLIES

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite

,I,Read everything I,can on Israel,or watch,grant Jeffrey,says,he believes, Israel has it now,also Hal, Lindsey,most of the prophesies(pastors,say this,I,have a biblical package on my cable,and the internet,I,study a lot,read a lot...,like the bible says,all Jews and people scales will fall from alls eyes,I, do believe we are in the end times.Yes,the third temple will be built, I believe,but the Antichrist will claim he is god there. Jesus,will bring the new temple,from heaven,not mankind...........as of right now our bodies are the temple of the lords.like Jesus said his body will be torn down and in 3 days it will be rebuild it.all people will bow down to Jesus,he is king of kings and lord of lords....he is the only way to heaven.watch for my upcoming articles here, I,also have my own forum,we are working on. universal poster......mine will be with news going on now and show you in the bible about it......all will be welcome.........

wow you over use punctuation..who taught you to write like that? anyway onto topic

what makes you think its the end times?

and can i respectfully ask...what makes you believe anything in the bible? is it purely just faith in what you've read?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
Good information. I beleive the Nazi's obtained the ark. When the war was over. The Americans ended up with it. The Knights T, probably have all the gold and artifact as their job was to preserve history. They didn't want to keep it secret, it just ended up that way because of other trying steal and obtain the riches that the artifacts provide.

This is not too far-fetched since the Nazis actively sought the Ark, the Grail, the "Spear of Destiny", ancient Tibetan secrets and whatnot. They probably found a thing or two.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Infrared and radar reveals the shape of a Pentagon beneath the Temple Mount.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by silent thunder
Another interesting thing (perhaps familiar to you, given your avatar...): The relationship of the demons, pentacles and grimoires associated with Solomon and the building of the Temple. One wonders at the mix of divine (the Temple and Holy of Holies) with the demonic (Solomon allegedly summoning, binding, and compelling demons to build the Temple).

Thats an interesting thought. Just yesterday I learned that the Quran says Solomon commanded "Jinn" to perform several works.

Great post OP. I've researched Solomon and his connection to Jinn for quite some time.

The Qu'ran states that Allah granted Solomon an empire that was the largest and most powerful, and would never be less than that in the history of mankind.

To make this possible, Allah granted Solomon command over the Jinn, using a special ring, called the Seal Of Solomon (Another very sought after relic).

Jinn are fascinating. According to the Qu'ran, Jinn lived on earth with Humans a long time ago. Solomon commanded their allegiance through his entire reign, up until the day he died.

Jinn now live in a world paralell to ours, however we cannot see them, or atleast not the majority of them. People call them demons, but that is not true. There are good Jinn, there are bad Jinn, there are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Buddist Jinn. Allah created Humans and Jinn to have free will on earth.

I believe when we see apparitions, or have possessions, or anything else supernatural, it comes mostly from the world of the Jinn, as they are able to see us and interact with us. But they also, as I said, have the choice to be good or evil, just like us.

Anyhow, you should look into Solomon's Throne. Its said to have "Gear like" mechanisms. Several animals made of gold would line the steps up to the throne, and as solomon took each step, they would kneel, or move in a certain way to better assist him to get up the throne.

I believe that alot of the magics of past time are misrepresentations of future tech, however it may have gotten there.

Thanks again for the post. Great one.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Two locations of the Ark of the Covenant's resting place that were not mentioned. Underneath the Temple Mount in Jerusalem as told by Rabbis Yehuda Getz and Sholomo Goren in 1981. The second location is underneath the Cave of the Column near Qumran from the excavations headed by the late Vendyl Jones. Vendyl passed away Dec.27,2010. One month after he dies, the riots in the Middle East begin.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

John Michell in The Temple at Jerusalem: A Revelation, gives us an insight into what may be the real meaning.:

“Legends of the Temple describe it as the instrument of a mystical, priestly science, a form of alchemy by which oppositely charged elements in the earth and atmosphere were brought together and ritually married. The product of their union was a spirit that blessed and sanctified the people of Israel.”

Michell’s observation rings true. The Temple is an instrument of mystical and priestly science or even magic. The secret unravels before our eyes the more we learn. You see the true Gnostic, the true disciple or perfect one, must be a man or woman of balance. He or she must unite the two sides of the mind, the male and female principles as they are called. We are all both male and female and the alchemists used this concept of balance and revealed it in their images of the Hermaphrodite, half man and half woman. I conclude that Solomon was not an actual historical man, and Sheba was not a real woman. They were, instead, symbols of this internal and often external process. Like other allegories, the whole story of Solomon, Sheba and the Temple, which is the perfectly formed body, both physical and spiritual, is the story of our own psyche. The truth is esoteric, misunderstood in its exoteric form.

Hiram Hiram was the son of a Jewish mother and a Phoenician father and is credited with the decoration of the Temple of Solomon. He was said to have been the “son of a widow of the tribe of Naphtali… He cast two bronze pillars” 1 Kings 7:13-15. We must also note something of interest mentioned in 1 Kings 16:

“Then he made two capitals of cast bronze, to set on top of the pillars. The height of one capital was 5 cubits; and the height of the other capital was five cubits. He made a lattice network, with wreaths of chainwork, for the capitals which were on top of the pillars: seven chains for one capital and seven for the other capital.” These pillars became known as Jachin, meaning “he establishes” and Boaz, which means “in him is strength” and these are now familiar to most modern Freemasons as central to their own Lodge or Temple. Copies of these can be clearly seen at the infamous Rosslyn Chapel. But, what is interesting here is the original text about these pillars. Firstly bronze is used for the capitals, just as bronze is used for the “Brazen Serpent” of Moses and is indicative of the fiery aspect of the serpent as one of the chan­nels in the Kundalini process. Their “heights” were 5 cubits, matching the five hooded cobras seen across India and atop many pillars, although the Bible calls them Lilies, which are symbols of balance anyway.

Source

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I read a fascinating book by a man named Sidiqui I think, from the local library. It claimed that the Holy Land was actually situated between Yemen and Saudi and that ruins there were of the first Temple. He detailed maps which showed Wadi's for the Tree of Knowledge and for the Tree of Life etc and did a good job to back up his arguement. Perhaps the view that the Ark may be in Yemen is a possibility. He did say that no-one was allowed to excavate the ruins so who knows?

I am of the camp that Moses took the Ark from Egypt simply because I cannot imagine a Pharoah and full army chasing a gaggle of slow moving people just to grab back slaves. There was something more important omitted in the Bible.
I saw Professor Finklestein on tv (Israeli Archaelogist) who said that there is no archaelogical sign of any exodus
and neither is there any sign of King Soloman's Temple.

Has anyone read Christian O'Brien's book, the Shining Ones. After qualifying as a geologist he worked in Iran and whilst prospecting for the oil companies he also learned the ancient languages and did a lot of archaelogical work there. his research is fascinating not only because of his finds but he realised that many of the translations (which had been done before modern linquistics) were incorrect and many words were mistranslated and misleading.

He writes that the People who followed Moses did not want to accept the Covernant that Moses's God offered them, which is why the Bible mentions that they went back to worshipping the Bull. However O'brien then says that God selected various people and impaled them until the People agreed to accept the Covenant.

One last thought about the Ark is that it was apparently a dangerous piece of equipment. It had to be moved very carefully with men in special clothing. Surely something like that would have been noticed. They didn't have trucks to move it and people would have seen such a bizarre thing go down the road. How would you keep it secret?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

A pillar that mentions "The House of David" was found years ago (in our lifetime) and MANY references to Soloman have been found in archaeology over the years. David, until the discovery of the pillar, was theorized as fictional by many archaeologists. Soloman, however, is referenced in the archaeology of many lands.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Look at this passage Exodus 3:13-14 (King James Version):

13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

You see how Moses referred to them as the children of Israel?

That is the same as the President addressing us as Americans.

Also take note of how he talks to "god" he says "God of YOUR fathers" you see how he said Your and not ours?

Guess Jesus was not a Jew, since he said to Love the Lord YOUR God," not Love the Lord OUR god."

You also fail to read Exodus 3:6 - Moreover he said (to Moses), I [am] the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Moses was instructed to say what God told him to say. So Moses told the Hebrews that the God of their Fathers had sent him.

Now look take a look at (Exodus 4:1):

They will not believe me, nor hear my voice, but they will say: The Lord hath not appeared to thee.

Moses said that when talking to God, he doubts that he will convince the Hebrews to follow him because of his Egyptian heritage.

No. He had doubts because he was a nobody. He was a shepherd with a Ku#e wife. He also had a speech impediment. In other words, he was not one that people would think God would choose to lead a nation of people.

Nowhere in that verse is being an Egyptian even hinted at.

Just take a time and read through the Exodus in the bible and maybe you would see how the Hebrews treated Moses and his brother Aaron.

Also read through the site that I have given you and you would *maybe* understand.

I know my Bible well, thanks. I am not a part of any religion. I am a Son of the Living God.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As far as I'm aware there is zero evidence that a King Solomon ever existed.

I'm slowly becoming more and more inclined to go along with the various theories of Jewish history up to a point being passed down appropriated stories of famous Pharoahs - King Solomon being Rameses II and the temple being Pi-Ramesses.

You can either say that a) the Old Testament stories are real -- except there's no historical or archeological evidence for them, or b) they're completely made up -- which I think is unfair and inconsistent with the "kernel of truth" ideas about ancient myths or c) they're based on real people, with different names.

I go with c)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

That's the reason I believe that America is named Freemasons came together to create the United States of America – the Templars’ fabled Merica, the new Atlantis.

ever hear of this guy, amerigo vespucci, just about all historians agree he is the reason both north and south america have their names.
and the bible has been shown in many instances to be historically accurate. much more so than your attempt to hijack this thread, with ( for lack of a better term) a "evil good ol boy's club " that claims to have it's roots in egyptian hocus pocus.
you do realize the illuminati's goal is to remove everybody's God from them and replace it with theirs, and try to rule the world someday don't you. the only bits of truth thay have is what they steel from others, to mix with their own tripe to try and fool other's.

but hey, i'm in amercia where you have your freedom to worship any bs group you want.

edit on 28-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: spelling both times

edit on 28-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

where does the bible say he had a flying carpet?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

Research Clifford Wilson.

I posted the link to an interview with him on page 3.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

This is interesting stuff and i'd like to get my hands on this Holy Grail.... not for monetary value but to see what it is which is hidden from us...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I know the post was a reply to another member but I am so tired of seeing that response given to anyone who does not subscribe to a particular belief system. So what your implication is, "if I am reading that post right" is that your religious group is not bs. Is that correct? because pretty much all organized religions are designed to control the thoughts and beliefs of their flock. why do you think they call it a FLOCK after all? anyway one man’s god is another man’s demon and vice versa, I think it is all hocus pocus, and I did not learn that from any guy “or girl" standing at an alter preaching his thoughts to me. I have used logical thought to eliminate each religion I encounter one by one. I do not have a scripture or book of text PROGRAMMING my thoughts. And I would think that those who need a book that tells one how to act or think is far more likely to do the work of some Illuminati, which by the way there is almost no solid evidence of.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join