It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon's Temple

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by unprevaricator

where does the bible say he had a flying carpet?

Read the OP. I quoted the ancient texts which said he had a flying device.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by VelvetSplash

Research Clifford Wilson.

I posted the link to an interview with him on page 3.

I read the interview, there was nothing in it to suggest any archeological discoveries that confirm the existence of King Solomon.

They found a wall - it has no relation to King Solomon whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The bible states that Solomon was the wisest man of his time and maybe ever.

2 Chronicles 1
11 God said to Solomon, “Since this is your heart’s desire and you have not asked for wealth, possessions or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, 12 therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, possessions and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have.”

1 kings 4

29 God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore. 30 Solomon’s wisdom was greater than the wisdom of all the people of the East, and greater than all the wisdom of Egypt. 31 He was wiser than anyone else, including Ethan the Ezrahite—wiser than Heman, Kalkol and Darda, the sons of Mahol. And his fame spread to all the surrounding nations. 32 He spoke three thousand proverbs and his songs numbered a thousand and five. 33 He spoke about plant life, from the cedar of Lebanon to the hyssop that grows out of walls. He also spoke about animals and birds, reptiles and fish. 34 From all nations people came to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, sent by all the kings of the world, who had heard of his wisdom

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
any archeological discoveries that confirm the existence of King Solomon.

They found a wall - it has no relation to King Solomon whatsoever.

Not yet. Just wait until we're finally permitted to excavate the Temple Mount.There IS evidence for a second temple being built that was based on the first one that was destroyed. And there is also confirmation of King Solomon outside of the Bible. So thats something to at least take a look at the whole issue. And then there are all these political leaders taking King Solomon very seriously...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

There are several theories as to where the Ark is. One of them is that its in Ethiopia. Another one is that the Knights Templar have it. Another is that its no longer on Earth. Another is that the Babylonians took it. Another is that its just entirely lost. The question of where it is is a topic for research, the purpose of this thread.

If you are serious about the subject, a must reading is - (on times a highly amusing piece of work well worth a read for humor alone)

Tudor Parfitt - The Lost Ark of the Covenant: The Remarkable Quest for the Legendary Ark. London/New York: Harper Collins

Tudor Parfitt (born 1944) is a British Professor of Modern Jewish Studies at the University of London’s School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), where he was the founding director of the Centre for Jewish Studies.

Parfitt was sent to Jerusalem in 1963 as a member of the Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO). He later studied Hebrew and Arabic at the University of Oxford, and in 1968 was Goodenday Fellow at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He completed a D.Phil at Oxford on the history of the Jews in Palestine, and in 1972 was appointed a lecturer in Hebrew at the University of Toronto.
en.wikipedia.org...

Further interesting reading -

edit on 28-2-2011 by The Djin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sacecowboy

in rereading my post i could see how you could assume that i was saying my God is greater than your god.
but you know what they say when you assume.

if you didn't get the point of my post, it was meant for the poster to look at his source of info for history and maybe try to find a better one. you can all ways leave it to some, how can i say this with out offending you, tell you what you fill in what you feel best describes you. to come in and try to make this a religious fight.

and as far as the illuminati there is proof that they have existed in the past and still to this day.
here's a link although its wiki and not the best it is the fastest.

The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name given to several groups, both historical and modern, and both real and fictitious. Historically, the name refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776.

/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Moses Rod and Aarons Rod are also suggestive of advanced technology.

Is that also the same object as Abaris' wand?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The Ark of the Covenant, which contained the Stone Tablets with Gods Ten Commandments, a jar of "manna" and a miraculous and powerful device called Aarons Rod was placed in a special inner room of the Temple called "The Holy of Holies".

I just find it mind boggling that something of such significance and importance could be lost or hidden away. If it is proof of God then why not keep it in front of the whole world? If it is of God, He will not allow any shenanigans to go on over the presence of it. It would just be a reminder for everyone. God's ark, we need to hide it! Or did it go like, God's ark, where in the world did we leave that?

Something of that magnitude should not have been lost or hidden away in my opinion. Which leads me to the Temple Mount. Are we to believe that God has a piece of real estate here on earth that needs guarding? The Jews and Christian's claim it as their God's. The Muslim's claim it as their God's. Seeing as how these three Abrahamic faiths all come from the same place, I find it odd that there is such division. God wouldn't have created that division and caused everyone to want to kill one another over Him.

Just some strange things I've pondered.
edit on 28-2-2011 by jackflap because: Grammar.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

The Ark of the Covenant, which contained the Stone Tablets with Gods Ten Commandments, a jar of "manna" and a miraculous and powerful device called Aarons Rod was placed in a special inner room of the Temple called "The Holy of Holies".

I just find it mind boggling that something of such significance and importance could be lost or hidden away.

Why do you find it mind-boggling?

I'm not trying to sound offensive here, but think about it. What pinnacle objects of our entire race remain in our public ownership and understanding?

Look at the lance of longinus/spear of destiny. It's been missing for a long time. Apparently the Nazis found it and put it away somewhere (rumor is in Antarctica). This is the object that, if found and placed in the right (or wrong) hands, will change the very destiny of humanity...

Or the Holy Grail.

These are truly significant objects... I have no doubt that somebody has them somewhere. If the location was known, there would be wars to acquire them.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

not to mention the manna machine

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

These are truly significant objects... I have no doubt that somebody has them somewhere. If the location was known, there would be wars to acquire them.

Look, we're talking about God's ark here. It has all the proof anybody would need to realize where this came from. We are talking about the stone tablets with God's inscriptions on them.

Now, anyone with half a brain would realize that if something like this is in man's possession, it should be displayed for everyone to see. When displayed, given the characteristics of the ark, no one would dare mess with it or fight over it and if they did they would be dealt with swiftly thereby discouraging any more nonsense. Can you see what I mean?

The people back then had brains too. They would have realized the significance of what was in their possession. If in fact it was God's ark, there should be no way that someone could hide it away or steal it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
theory: the ark was in the "sarcophagus" in the king's chamber in cheop's pyramid at giza. it was an electrical device that somehow harnassed the physics of the environment to generate and hold electrical power, the drier the environment, the better (static electricity generation). it was shaped like the litter or throne of a pharaoh (the pharaohs were thought of as living gods) because, between the wings of seraphim (which typically formed the arm rests on a pharaoh's throne), the shekinah (image) of hayah would appear. some think it just generated an electrical field that glowed, betewen the wings. i don't think it was just a glowing space but something more akin to a television screen, like this

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Jackflap has brought up an interesting notion. I see the logic in it...the Ark would be another petty 'weapon' that humans would squabble over. So yes, why not put it out of harm's way...something so obvious and simple that no one would believe it would contain the grand items that we are told it has.
Put it in display? Possibly...though it would have to have amazing security...

Another idea I'd like to bring up which hasn't been really discussed. What if it already has been found? It would solve the reason why we can't find it. I mean, yes the Knights could be safeguarding it..or another secret society...or it could be in the hands of powerful people i.e. some people believe in people controlling a puppet government. Maybe the secret society or the powerful people may be the same...or maybe they could be working in conjunction? A thought to ponder upon.

Or maybe God may have it

So many theories...it just gets more difficult and difficult. I for one do believe that the King existed and I want to believe and think I do believe that the Ark existed/exists...as for the rest, I haven't come to a secure decision yet...where it may be etc.

I wish I was Lara Croft

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d27f9ac431a6.jpg[/atsimg]

A most fascinating subject for research is King Solomons Temple, for a number of reasons:

* Ancient scripture tells us that the Ark of Covenant (an object that Moses received directly from God) was placed there.

* It is rumored that the Knights Templar or their descendants removed the Ark and are now protecting it.

* In the allegories of Freemasonry the Temple relates to the Illumination of mankind

* According to a more secret tradition, there are vaults beneath the Temple that were built before the great flood by Enoch to save information destroyed in Atlantis.

* King Solomon was the richest person of his times and many of his treasures have yet to be found.

* Where once the center of Judaism stood, today stands the muslim "Dome of the Rock", symbolizing the conflict between the three Abrahamic Religions who are laying claim to the place.

* Excavations and Archaeological Research have been suppressed due to religious sensitivities.

The first Temple was built around 1000 B.C. and, according to Rabbinical sources, stood 410 years. Back then it was reported to be the grandest sight in the world. It is said that the Ark of the Covenant was first placed in the Tabernacle before it was brought to the Temple. The Tabernacle is the portable or flying "dwelling place of God", a device which accompanied the Jewish people on their journey. It is said that God did not want David to build a Temple for the Ark (which is also described as a vessel) because David had shed blood in wars. It was therefore Davids son, Solomon, who became the King of Israel and built the Temple. The temple was built by Hiram of Tyre and his Master Craftsman Hiram Abiff (who were the founders of Freemasonry, according to masonic legend).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f4913c10486.jpg[/atsimg]

The Ark of the Covenant, which contained the Stone Tablets with Gods Ten Commandments, a jar of "manna" and a miraculous and powerful device called Aarons Rod was placed in a special inner room of the Temple called "The Holy of Holies". The exact measurements and colors of the Temples interior can be found in this basic article on King Solomon's Temple.

After the first temple was destroyed, the Jews built a second Temple on the "Temple Mount" which was later destroyed by the Romans. In the 6th Century muslims built the "Dome of the Rock" on the Temple Mount. Todays Jewish "Wailing Wall" is the last remaining part of the Temple.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/581482b7e127.jpg[/atsimg]

Apart from Discussion the purpose of this thread is also research...my added research and the research of whoever wishes to contribute. There are hundreds of political, historical, religious and metaphysical paths that branch off of this subject and there is so much more to discover. Learning more about the Temple and attempts to rebuild the Temple may uncover the origins and secrets of the Abrahamic Religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam), the secrets of Freemasonry, the persecution of Jews throughout the ages and more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41d2d50620c3.gif[/atsimg]

Surrounding Solomon are several devices that are suggestive of technological gadgets. One of them is...

1. Solomons Magic Carpet

when Solomon sat upon the carpet he was caught up by the wind, and sailed through the air so quickly that he breakfasted at Damascus and supped in Media

According to the Quran Solomon not only created amazing buildings but also had a "Magic Carpet" with which he could "command the wind" and do "a months journey by evening". As a months journey was back then about 1200 kilometres, some researchers estimate that Solomons "carpet" went 77 mph (120 kph).

and to Solomon (we made) the wind (subservient and obedient): its early morning (stride) was a month's (journey), and its evening (stride) was a month's (journey); and we made a font of molten brass to flow for him; and there were jinn that worked in front of him, by the leave of his lord, and if any of them turned aside from our command, we made him taste of the penalty of the blazing fire.

Surah (Chapter) 34:12

From the sound of this, Solomon could also melt metals and shape them for his buildings. The flying carpet perhaps explains how Solomon could travel to so many places and have so many women (as the Bible says).

I will go into other gadgets that seem suggestive of advanced technology later. For now, some of the questions raised are: Where is all of Solomons Gold? What is it about the Temple Mount that disallows for Archaeological Excavation? How were the Templars involved and where did they hide their goods? What are the different places the Ark is rumoured to be hidden?

All you need to do is read Zacharia Sitchin's books if you want answers about the origins of man and "man's" creations. It is obvious why the jewish people are the "chosen people" but why they continue to hold this knowledge private is beyond my comprehension. It is amazing how much faith we put in the translations of ancient texts. It puts so much more credence into the old saying, "if you want a job done right, then do it yourself." If you want to learn the secrets to history, do what Zacariah Sitchin did and learn cuneiform and Sumerian.

Everything else is just a stage show. All wars. Printed money. Where is the gold. All of these items are controlled by those who are chosen to control the slave species known as man.

We did not worship the gods....we worked for the gods.
Now ask yourself, the great deluge, the fall of rome, egypt and inevitably america - who were the one group that always made it out alive? The jewish people.

Christianity is a wicked hoax invented to destroy rome....now christianity will be used to destroy all ROMES.
The new deluge is coming people. Lets hope you are all prepared.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

just had to post this, i think if it was a weapon it would be one that would inflict some very irritating pain.

n Deuteronomy 28, we find Moses telling about the benefits of doing the right thing, and the price for batting for the other side! "The Lord will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed" (vs. 27, King James Version). Most Biblical scholars agree the term "emerods" refers to hemorrhoids. Not something one wants to be smitten with if one can help it! There are also references in 1 Samuel 4-6 which some say may have referred more to the Bubonic Plague but dedicated "Rhoid Researchers" will argue in favour of their favourite blight. The Latin Vulgate translates 1 Sam. 5:6 -- "And He smote them in the more secret parts of their posteriors." The ancient Syriac and Arabic versions read the same. This would certainly seem to suggest hemorrhoids! Some scholars feel this is being alluded to in Psalm 78:66 -- "And He smote His enemies in the hinder parts." The mind boggles just how many references there are to the condition and how prevalent it must have been in those days.

then we have the account of philistines

The Philistines had a very highly organized city-state system, with five chief cities ruling their land: Gath, Ashdod, Ashkelon, Gaza, and Ekron (1 Sam. 6:17). Each of these chief locations was ruled by a "lord" (1 Sam. 6:18). The ark was brought to one of these chief cities (Ashdod), and it was placed in the temple of their god Dagon, who was the supreme god of the Philistines. Now the story has it that the head of the temple was smitten and lost his hands, but there was more to come. All the Philistines were punished with hemorrhoids! "But the hand of the Lord was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and He destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof" (1 Sam. 5:6, KJV). Not necessarily slow on the uptake, the people of Ashdod realized it was time to get rid of the Ark of the Covenant. They decided to send it to one of the other five great cities of the Philistines: Gath. However, the people of Gath fared no better. "He smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts" (1 Sam. 5:9, KJV). The ark was then quickly sent on to the city of Ekron, but "the hand of God was very heavy there. And the men that died not were smitten with the emerods; and the cry of the city went up to heaven" (1 Sam. 5:11-12, KJV). All of this took place over a period of about seven months (1 Sam. 6:1).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Rumoured Locations of the Ark:

Ethiopia

France

South Africa

Jordan

U.K.

Ireland

The USA is also been named as the current place. As one theory is that the Ark moves west, following the direction of the earths rotation.
As Britain fell as an Empire in WW2 the USA rose in power. The ark moved west.
Now with China on the rise and the USA on the wane some have said the Ark will be moved, or move to China.

Eventually, the theory goes, that it will end up back where it started, in the middle-east.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
sweet this'lll be the title of the next indiana jones flick

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Where is all of Solomons Gold?

Good Question

According to the bible verses King Solomon's basic base income every year was 666 Talents of gold.

Each Talent is 34.2 Kg or 1101 ounces. Gold is $1400.00 an ounce x 1101 = $1,541,400.00 X 666 = $1,026,572,400.00 X 40 years is over 41 billion and remember that was just his basic salary. Additionally he was receiving all kinds of gold and valuables from the nations around him. One example the Queen of Sheba gave him 120 talents of gold, just because she was impressed with his Kingdom
Thus well in to his Kingship it was said
Silver was like nothing, as stones on the ground, and Solomon was the richest man on earth
Read 1 King Chapter 10
niv.scripturetext.com...

So what happened to all that level of wealth, indications are that Babylon got it when it sacked Jerusalem.
Burned and it's inhabitants either killed or taken as captives. Nothing was left of all that massive wealth.

Daniel 5 1-3 confirms this

King Belshazzar gave a great banquet for a thousand of his nobles and drank wine with them. 2While Belshazzar was drinking his wine, he gave orders to bring in the gold and silver goblets that Nebuchadnezzar his father had taken from the temple in Jerusalem, so that the king and his nobles, his wives and his concubines might drink from them. 3So they brought in the gold goblets that had been taken from the temple of God in Jerusalem, and the king and his nobles, his wives and his concubines drank from them. 4As they drank the wine, they praised the gods of gold and silver, of bronze, iron, wood and stone.

Whatever was left over the Medes and Persians got when they took down the ancient city of Babylon. It may be that Babylon spent it on infrastructure projects. Babylon was an amazing ancient city .
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9edb39c5def1.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 28-2-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Well there is a reason for some people to hide it, remember the Knights Templar? Well they are Gnostics same with Cathars and they believed that the God of this world is Satan himself, the Demiurgos YHWH.

Also the Ark is described as a weapon of mass destruction in the bible itself. It is said in the bible that the Ark was used to kill thousands of people (so much for a loving God huh?) and is also said to be used as God's portable house this gives the Knights Templar more reason to stole it remember the Gnostics plot to kill Jehovah.

Also remember Hitler? He has searched for such things. Also remember the Swastika? It can be said that it is the one of the Gnostics' symbol, SS the mark of Cain, the sign of the Snake that has educated Eve.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Lateralussicksicksick because: The Apple.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I heard the ark was buried under Oak Island, Nova Scotia in the money pit by the Templar's

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join