It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon's Temple

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christarella
An interesting theory has been proposed at Viewzone.com regarding the Queen of Sheba and the Ark of the Covenant. The article claims that the Ark is hidden in Yemen, for anyone interested in viewing that it is on the front page of the website. I found it quite interesting. Am loving this topic. Thanks for posting!

I read that some time ago, but was not convinced, intuitively. Here's the article: Ark in Yemen

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yes yes yes, that's the very same web site I was thinking of.

Another interesting thing (perhaps familiar to you, given your avatar...): The relationship of the demons, pentacles and grimoires associated with Solomon and the building of the Temple. One wonders at the mix of divine (the Temple and Holy of Holies) with the demonic (Solomon allegedly summoning, binding, and compelling demons to build the Temple).

Those interested in the more "nightside" aspects of Temple lore who are not freaked out by the prospect of parusing a few medieval and Renaissance-era texts of sinister repute might wish to have a look at some of the classic "Solomonic" grimoires, linked to below. I very much doubt if these books had anything to do with the historical figure of Solomon whatsoever, being more a product of the medieval mind, but they are still of interest for their long and (to many, quite troubling) association with the story of Solomon and the Temple:

The Key of Knowledge: A 16th century English translation of the Key of Solomon
The Key Of Solomon Book 1
The Key of Solomon Book 2
The Key of Solomon Book 3
Arbatel Of Magic: Solomonic grimoire, 16th century
A list of Angels and Demons from the Magic Treatise of Solomon
The Testament of Solomon
The Clavicle of Solomon, revealed by Ptolomy the Grecian
Solomon and the Ars Notoria: A scholarly essay

edit on 2/28/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Christarella
An interesting theory has been proposed at Viewzone.com regarding the Queen of Sheba and the Ark of the Covenant. The article claims that the Ark is hidden in Yemen, for anyone interested in viewing that it is on the front page of the website. I found it quite interesting. Am loving this topic. Thanks for posting!

I read that some time ago, but was not convinced, intuitively. Here's the article: Ark in Yemen

I'm not convinced either; and same goes for the Ethiopia location. At the latter there is a guardian/custodian, but only he is allowed to be in the presence of the Ark, so it's kind of difficult to validate or invalidate the hypothesis.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

thanks for the link,
it was a nice read....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You would first have to know the object even existed to began with before you could even ponder on who or where it might be. Many objects were written about in the bible, but not one of those objects have ever been discovered such as The Ark, The Commandments, The Holy Grail, to name a few. I highly doubt that the so called "ark of the covenant" even existed, or if it did was long stripped of its value.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This link below doesn't go into where the Ark of the Covenant could be or anything really of that nature. But it does go into the Templar's, The Roman Catholic Church, Freemasons, the Jesuits, the Illuminati, and more. It takes you on a journey of secret societies of who's who and how it started.
The information and accounts are made from sources and quotes, a lot to take in, but I think worth the time to watch and listen, it helps to connect some of the dots.

211 - The Secret Behind Secret Societies
amazingdiscoveries.tv...

212 - Hidden Agendas
amazingdiscoveries.tv...

216 - The Islamic Connection
amazingdiscoveries.tv...

edit on 28-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

Yes according to researcher Graham Hancock the ARK is in Ethopia.

But just one thing, when Moses came down from the mountain with the ten commardments, what language were they written in ????

If you said Hebrew you'd be wrong, as the written from of Hebrew was not invented for another 300 years.

This lends to the story that Moses was not a jew, but an Egyptian, and also Moses isnt a name, it's a title.

Confused, well our whole past history is a tangled webb of myths and legends. I believe that our TRUE history has been covered up.

Just pinch yourself literally and tell me we came from microbs and then eventually from apes, what a load of MARLARKY.

Have you ever read why moses was called moses? There is a reason and i suggest you read that you read this as it will put to rest some of your misconceptions about him being Egyptian. He just had an Egyptian name. Never thought about the language thing, but I'm sure the Hebrews had some sort of way of writing things down as they already identified themselves as a different race.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Another interesting thing (perhaps familiar to you, given your avatar...): The relationship of the demons, pentacles and grimoires associated with Solomon and the building of the Temple. One wonders at the mix of divine (the Temple and Holy of Holies) with the demonic (Solomon allegedly summoning, binding, and compelling demons to build the Temple).

Thats an interesting thought. Just yesterday I learned that the Quran says Solomon commanded "Jinn" to perform several works.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Well researched thread I think, but I would like to ask: is the historicity of King Solomon proven beyond reasonable doubt or would one have to resort to holy scripture for proof?

King Solomon is only mentioned in ancient scripture. However, because more then one source mentions Solomon, his existence is more likely than mythical. But even if he were only mythical, that myth has had very real life consequences throughout history!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
[i I can't remember any archaeologist to have announced

Its almost impossible to perform excavations in the entire area..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Temple Institute Publishes Blueprints for Third Temple
www.bibleprophecyblog.com...

www.templemount.org...

Ron Wyatt Archaeological Research
www.wyattmuseum.com...

www.wyattmuseum.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
To add to the confusion perhaps:

There is a Triumphal Arch in Rome (I`ve forgotten the name). On it is a carving showing the triumphant Roman Army returning to Rome after the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. The soldiers are carrying a number of "sacred" objects among them what appears to be the Ark.
Later the Vandals sacked Rome and the Ark disappeared, perhaps taken to the Languedoc in France when the Vandals were driven from Rome. The Languedoc is, the heartland of the Knights Templar and the cathars. So it is quite possible that they came into possession of the Ark among other treasures.
Later, when the Templars were forced to flee France by King Philip, their fleet sailed away apparently taking their treasure with them. Where they went to nobody knows for certain but some Templars do pop up in Scottish history later. It is of course from Scotland that you get the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry which is so prevalent in the USA so there is a suspicion that some of the Templars may have sailed to America before Columbus and perhaps taked their treasure with them.
For further intrigueing reading you might want to Google the word "Amerika".
There is also the matter of Rosslyn Chapel, near Edinburgh.
While we are heere and there are many Americans present on this thread: Have you ever wondered why America is called that? The "official" story is that the continent was named after Amerigo Vespucci, an Italian explorer/mapmaker. But don`t you think it strange that someone decided to call what he had discovered by his first name rather than his last name? I mean no other Country or area has been called after someones`s first name, has it? You have Pennsylvania called after William Penn - he didn`t call it Williamsylvania, did he? Pittsburg is similar. Washington: No-one suggested they call it "George" now did they? I can`t see anyone saying I name this Country after me "Fred". Amerigo Vespucci would have said lets call it "Vespucciland" or something surely.
I would love to hear what Americans have to say on the subject.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I`ve just remembered: The Arch in Rome is called the "Arch of Titus" who is the General who destroyed the Temple.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
Have you ever read why moses was called moses?

I know you are not talking to me but I am compelled to write this, did you HONESTLY believe that Moses got his name because he was pulled out of the water when he was a child?

According to the bible (???)

Exodus 2:1-10 (King James Version)

1And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi.

2And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.

3And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river's brink.

4And his sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him.

5And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it.

6And when she had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews' children.

7Then said his sister to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?

8And Pharaoh's daughter said to her, Go. And the maid went and called the child's mother.

9And Pharaoh's daughter said unto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And the women took the child, and nursed it.

10And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water.

The bible tells us that the daughter of the Pharaoh himself has salvaged Moses and she even gave it a name and asked one of her slaves (allegedly Moses' own mother) to take care of him.

And you believe all this BS? You really believe that the daughter of a Pharaoh would hold no grudge or anything like that against the Hebrews? Remember they are the "elites" in that society, they treat slaves (Hebrews) like garbage in that time and you honestly believe she would save that baby? Also if she ever did this thing I have no doubt that she would've been executed for this crime that she had done.

There is a reason and i suggest you read that you read this as it will put to rest some of your misconceptions about him being Egyptian. He just had an Egyptian name

So you are telling us that it just happened?

It happens that Science sometimes brings new ways of seeing things, and Egyptology today shows a compelling probability that Moses was, in fact, the masked figure of Akhnaton.

Now maybe you should try and read other books other than the *bible* because it is one of the heavily coded books about history, it is also very one sided and if you honestly believe that then nothing cannot be done to help you.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

I'm not really an American I just happened to live here.

Anyways to answer your question, do you remember who the founding fathers of America is? Yes most of the are Freemasons and the Masons are connected with the Knights Templar and the Pirates are connected to the Templars because you can argue that the Pirates are really the Templars that have been exiled you only need to look at all of their insignia to understand how they are really connected. That's the reason I believe that America is named Freemasons came together to create the United States of America – the Templars’ fabled Merica, the new Atlantis.

Merica is a mythical (???) star according to the Templars.

You see how they are all connected?

A book called Armageddon Conspiracy made all of the connections clear.

Also check out their website armageddonconspiracy.co.uk....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ha ha your the one that is funny, your saying that the written down history of the Jewish is wrong and somebody's new age theory about moses is true. LOLOLOL.

Your arguement is backed up by pure conjecture and the bible is backed up by millions of worldwide believers.

You dismiss something that is written down as truth, for something that is proposed as a theory? It isn't written down that moses was this masked man/god. It is supposed by evidence tailored to look that way.

Laugh at me all you want, but why you choose to believe someones misguided theory compared too many years and people of belief confounds me. I have never heard of Moses being anyone else, and maybe your veiw is the uncommon one, did you think of that?

Moses was who was stated in the bible, there is no other evidence he was not.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

YEP! You hit it spot on and that's right thousands of years BELIEVING and you are actually telling us that the bible is the real truth and nothing but that truth?

______________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously though I am saddened by the fact that thousands of Believers still believe in that book. They don't realize how far they are from being civilized human beings. And the God they revere so much is really not what he claims to be (I cannot elaborate on this any further just read the goddamn bible to understand).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
i just read the stuff on Akhnaton and all that is similiar is his floating and the banishment.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
all roads lead to soloman's temple.

but no, seriously, some huge and important part of human history is revolving around that temple (and man's) secrets. Near enough every religion, every secret society and every interest is directed to that area. Something very significant has been hidden from the history books. We need to get under that temple.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

i believe that the Ark of the Covenant was mentioned in the Quran here:

[1][246] Have you not thought about the group of the Children of Israel after (the time of) Musâ (Moses)? When they said to a Prophet of theirs, "Appoint for us a king and we will fight in Allâh's Way." He said, "Would you then refrain from fighting, if fighting was prescribed for you?" They said, "Why should we not fight in Allâh's Way while we have been driven out of our homes and our children (families have been taken as captives)?" But when fighting was ordered for them, they turned away, all except a few of them. And Allâh is All-Aware of the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers).

[1][247] And their Prophet (Samuel (peace be upon him)) said to them, "Indeed Allâh has appointed Talût (Saul) as a king over you." They said, "How can he be a king over us when we are better fitted than him for the kingdom, and he has not been given enough wealth." He said: "Verily, Allâh has chosen him above you and has increased him abundantly in knowledge and stature. And Allâh grants His Kingdom to whom He wills. And Allâh is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower."

[1][248] And their Prophet (Samuel (peace be upon him)) said to them: Verily! The sign of His Kingdom is that there shall come to you At-Tâbût (a wooden box), wherein is Sakinah (peace and reassurance) from your Lord and a remnant of that which Musâ (Moses) and Hârûn (Aaron) left behind, carried by the angels. Verily, in this is a sign for you if you are indeed believers.

but doesnt say anything about where it went or who took it, gota dig more.

btw thanx for a good thread

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join