It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon's Temple

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Very interesting thread as usual, Mr. Skyfloating.

The Temple is a nexus for a lot of stuff, as is well known to most already posting here. I would like to suggest some possible avenues for speculation...submitted for your approval:

-The temple as cognate to an idealized human body: The idea has been put forth that you can map the human body onto the temple and that the progression of sacred spots and features mirrors the chakras. I can't remember where I came across this wild stuff but its fun koncept-kandy to play with.

-Merkabah mysticism: the progression of a meditator through the "heavenly halls," usually conceived as chambers within chambers, architectural...could be a metaphysical cognate to the setup of the temple...a kind of "virtual temple" after the destruction of the 2nd temple. Here too in Merkabah visualization we have a possible kundalini/chakra cognate; also the progression to more and more holy "inner chambers" reflects the general conception of the Temple layout (?)

edit on 2/27/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
or the ark is under the calvary location and the blood of Jesus dripped down on the mercy seat of the ark when the ground broke open during the earthquake that split the curtain...thus qualifying justification for all by His final blood sacrifice of sacrifices

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
It is my understanding that the Queen of Sheba took the Ark to Ethiopia. What makes you think that the Knights Templar have it?

There are several theories as to where the Ark is. One of them is that its in Ethiopia. Another one is that the Knights Templar have it. Another is that its no longer on Earth. Another is that the Babylonians took it. Another is that its just entirely lost. The question of where it is is a topic for research, the purpose of this thread.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

dont forget
THE MONEY PIT
lots of people say its in the money pit

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

or the ark is under the calvary location and the blood of Jesus dripped down on the mercy seat of the ark when the ground broke open during the earthquake that split the curtain

According to this guy that is where he found it.

Whilst in the chamber, Ron noticed a dried, black substance in an earthquake crack in the roof, above the Ark of the Covenant. He noticed that this black substance was also on the lid of the cracked stone casing. Obviously, this substance had dripped from the crack in the roof, and provision had been made for it to land on the Ark of the Covenant, as the stone lid had been cracked and moved aside

www.wyattarchaeology.com...

www.bibleplus.org...
edit on 27-2-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've made a thread about the possible locations of the Grail Hallows before.

1) Temple Mount, Jerusalem Temple Mount contains secret underground passageways that belonged to the original Temple of Solomon and survived the temple's destruction by the Babylonians in 586 BCE. 2) Treasury of the Church of Saint Mary of Zion, Axum, Ethiopia Axum is Ethiopia's holiest city, and the Church of Saint Mary of Zion its holiest church. The Treasury, a separate building located just behind the church, was said to house the Ark of the Covenant, supposedly brought there by Menelik I, the son of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. (Menelik means 'son of the wise man', and the ancient kingdom of Sheba is believed to have incorporated Ethiopia.) 3) Chalice Well, Glastonbury, England Legend says that Joseph of Arimathea was imprisoned after Jesus' death. When he was released, he fled from the Holy Land and took the Holy Grail to the safe haven of Glastonbury in England. He hid the Grail at the bottom of Chalice Well at the foot of Glastonbury Tor, a sacred mound overlooking the town of Glastonbury. The well's water is allegedly tinged red and reputed to have healing powers. 4) Schatzkammer (Imperial Treasury), Hofburg Palace, Vienna, Austria The Schatzkammer houses the Imperial Regalia of the Holy Roman Empire; the European empire created by Charlemagne and dissolved centuries later by Napoleon Bonaparte. 5) Oak Island, Nova Scotia, Canada A small, remote island off the east coast of Canada, practically uninhabited, and reputed to be the site of a vast, inaccessible buried treasure located at the bottom of a booby-trapped, intricately constructed 200-feet-deep vertical shaft known as the Money Pit. Originally, pirates were thought to have buried the treasure; Captain Kidd and Blackbeard being the most likely candidates. However, some experts have said pirates lacked the engineering skills to construct such a complex structure. Leonardo Da Vinci has been mentioned as a possible designer of the pit. Other theories claim that Freemasons or the Knights Templar created it. Following the forcible arrest of the Knights Templar in 1307, those leaders of the Order who managed to evade capture gave instructions for their treasure to be hidden from their enemies. It was removed by the ships of the Templar Fleet and vanished from history. Some accounts say it included the Holy Grail and the Ark of the Covenant. Several experts believe the Templars discovered the Americas before Columbus, and that the Templar Fleet possibly went to North America to bury the treasure. 6) Rosslyn Chapel, Edinburgh, Scotland Rosslyn chapel was built between 1446 and 1486 and is often described as the most mysterious Christian chapel in the world. Like Oak Island, Rosslyn is linked with the lost treasure of the Knights Templar, including the Holy Grail and the Ark of the Covenant. Many Templars fled to Scotland in the years after 1307 because the Scottish king, Robert the Bruce, wasn't bound by the Papal edict to suppress the Templars because he had been excommunicated. Several experts believe the Templars regrouped in Scotland and eventually emerged in a new guise - the Freemasons. Informed speculation says that Freemasonry originated specifically at Rosslyn. 7) Hill of Tara, Republic of Ireland Ancient Ireland's most sacred site where the High Kings of Ireland were crowned. Legend says that the Hebrew prophet Jeremiah brought the Ark of the Covenant to Ireland for safekeeping after the destruction of King Solomon's Temple, burying it somewhere on the Hill of Tara.

According to the Armageddon Conspiracy.

And for those who doesn't know how this is all connected I urge you to the read the Armageddon Conspiracy book. The book explains how this is all connected the Freemasons, the Knights Templar, Gnostics, Illuminati, and even Hitler.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
I am in the camp that the Ark was a stolen Egyptian item. The depictions of the arch-angel Michael on the Ark are actually of Horus. It wouldn't have been the first nor the last time a religion co-opted the images of another. Regardless of what it was originally the Ark is a very interesting relic. Can't wait to see what else gets added to this thread.

Im in the same camp.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET
This lends to the story that Moses was not a jew, but an Egyptian, and also Moses isnt a name, it's a title.

Your right about this in fact if you read the bible the Hebrews (the people that Moses lead) have shown their hate towards Moses because he is NOT a Jew.

Here they wanted to stone Moses.

Exodus 17: 1-4:

1 And all the congregation of the children of Israel journeyed from the wilderness of Sin, after their journeys, according to the commandment of the LORD, and pitched in Rephidim: and there was no water for the people to drink.

2 Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?
3 And the people thirsted there for water; and the people murmured against Moses, and said, Wherefore is this that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst?

4 And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, What shall I do unto this people? they be almost ready to stone me.

Confused, well our whole past history is a tangled web of myths and legends. I believe that our TRUE history has been covered up.

You are right about this again, in fact the BIBLE is one of the most coded HISTORY book. In the Bible you would see TWO opposing Gods that are in battle, first the god is YHWH and the second one is the God of Light, represented by the disk of the sun - the Aten. It was an extension of the old cult of the sun god, Ra, centred at Heliopolis, the "city of the sun".

There are much more about this that I cannot explain yet, try reading here.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Lateralussicksicksick because: (no reason given)

link   
No matter your personal beliefs on the subject it still makes for an interesting discussion, so star and flag for you.

I believe fact should take precedence over religion and we should be allowed to excavate such areas, i believe the reason the religious zealots are so opposed is that maybe they will be forced to re assess their beliefs and gods after whatever discoveries are made there if any at all.

link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well researched thread I think, but I would like to ask: is the historicity of King Solomon proven beyond reasonable doubt or would one have to resort to holy scripture for proof?
I can't remember any archaeologist to have announced having found at least an inscription of the famous wise king himself. I do remember that they find stuff in Israel all the time and a lot of king's names come up too, but no Saul, no David and no Solomon, what gives? Could I remember falsely?
Could be, but I doubt it.
As for King Solomon's flying carpet that's straight of 1000 and 1 Arabian nights fairy tale stuff, you know.
And regarding the fabled Ark of the Covenant and it's present day location if it is still around, I would like to propose a rather speculative theory that it might in the "money pit" on Oak Island, reason being the Templar Knights found it while excavating the Temple and then when they were persecuted they shipped it to Oak Island and buried it there never to be found again. Another theory I heard about in a TV documentary is that it might just have been destroyed during the Roman occupation and it's gold melted etc. Who knows really?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by downunderET

creation.mobi...

Good read, it is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

They weren't pissed because he was not a Hebrew. They were pissed because they thought that they were going to die of hunger and thirst.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Look at this passage Exodus 3:13-14 (King James Version):

13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

You see how Moses referred to them as the children of Israel? Also take note of how he talks to "god" he says "God of YOUR fathers" you see how he said Your and not ours?

Now look take a look at (Exodus 4:1):

They will not believe me, nor hear my voice, but they will say: The Lord hath not appeared to thee.

Moses said that when talking to God, he doubts that he will convince the Hebrews to follow him because of his Egyptian heritage.

Just take a time and read through the Exodus in the bible and maybe you would see how the Hebrews treated Moses and his brother Aaron.

Also read through the site that I have given you and you would *maybe* understand.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Great thread! I find this subject facinating,

I am not aware of ancient scripture revealing that the Ark was given to Moses directly from God. Can you please post a source?

This is great documentry about the exodus, the Ark of the Covenent, and Moses. There are many great points the filmmaker presents.

Here is a theory that states the Temple of Solomon had a neat little secret. It was also a large machine! I'm only posting part 1 of 9. Please follow the order if you are interested.

Many arrows point to Ethopia as the current location of the Ark of the Covenent.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Look at this passage Exodus 3:13-14 (King James Version):

13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

You see how Moses referred to them as the children of Israel? Also take note of how he talks to "god" he says "God of YOUR fathers" you see how he said Your and not ours?

Now look take a look at (Exodus 4:1):

They will not believe me, nor hear my voice, but they will say: The Lord hath not appeared to thee.

Moses said that when talking to God, he doubts that he will convince the Hebrews to follow him because of his Egyptian heritage.

Just take a time and read through the Exodus in the bible and maybe you would see how the Hebrews treated Moses and his brother Aaron.

Also read through the site that I have given you and you would *maybe* understand.

The Bible is definatly written from a one sided perspective/point of view. But when we take the history and stories that we do have of Hebrew and Egypt and compare them...we see very similar stories being told by two different lands.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

wow !!!
cool to see this thread on king soloman.
completed reading this book (etidorpha.. link as below) last week and it had a mention of king soloman and was wondering about him and here i see this thread

www.archive.org...

as always your threads are always fascinating....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by searching_waiting

Since you mentioned Etidorpha I will give you a link that explains how Etidorpha is connected to all of the things you probably know.

Read here.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ceratinly worth a Flag. Thank you OP. As a Mason, I ha´ve more than a passing interest in this subject.
Oh, and QuantumDisciple, thaks for the links. I will find time to watch them all as soona possible.
I certainly have the feeling that the Ark is a stolen artifact from the Egyptians.

There is a lot of our history that has been covered up. I am not sure why it should be kept from us, but I am pretty sure that the Vactican holds many of the answers and that if the truth was to be uncovered, it would seriously threaten their hold on the masses.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
That's a mistaken way to interpret various flying craft. The proper way is

Or is it?

Sun Wheels, Chariots and Winged Discs

Of Emperors and Sky Gods

Of Ancient Wars and Spacecraft

Of Flying Dragons and Metallic Discs

Dont get me wrong, I believe in mystical realities, but the technological interpretation is always an option. There is no need, at this early stage of human knowledge to close the door on it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
-The temple as cognate to an idealized human body: The idea has been put forth that you can map the human body onto the temple and that the progression of sacred spots and features mirrors the chakras. I can't remember where I came across this wild stuff but its fun koncept-kandy to play with.

That theory can be found here: Temple the shape of a human body?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenceOfSilence

I have read it could be in the "money pit" on Oak Island, also. This theory is tied loosely to the Templers, Henry Sinclair, the Freemasons etc also.

If they intended to hide it in the most remote location imaginable back then, they`d hide it "at the end of the world" on Oak Island. The "money pit" is so brilliantly constructed that its not difficult to imagine more to it.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join