It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MISSOURI~ Heads up..We might be in for a wild ride tonight.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I just looked on you tube to see what it looks like with a tornado and snow on the ground. It seems this is a very rare occurence. I wonder what happens when there is 3-4 inches of snow on the ground and it rains heavily? I guess I will find out tonight.
This is the first time that I can ever remember where they are talking about spring severe storms with so much snow still on the ground. This may be a very unusual evening.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

That is weird.
Well down by ottawa they have severe storms right now. I am in Kansas City,mo and we are under a flood watch,(no suprise there since we have 4 inches of snow on the ground.) and severe thunderstorm watch. IN ottawa they are experiencing ping pong ball sized hail and it is moving northeast. If it gets here after dark there won't be a lot of problems unless the temps drop below freezing and we may be talking about thunder snow or ice storm.

Thats some huge hail! Yes..all kinds of strange stuff..but that warm front coming in is what will trigger the severe stuff..so it might warm up after dark..who knows..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Yes..get your camera ready..lol

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I just looked on you tube to see what it looks like with a tornado and snow on the ground. It seems this is a very rare occurence. I wonder what happens when there is 3-4 inches of snow on the ground and it rains heavily? I guess I will find out tonight.
This is the first time that I can ever remember where they are talking about spring severe storms with so much snow still on the ground. This may be a very unusual evening.

When there is snow on the ground, and it rains heavily, the snow goes bye-bye in a hurry.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

When there is snow on the ground, and it rains heavily, the snow goes bye-bye in a hurry.

Yes..and if you are in low water areas..be prepared for some major flooding!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The good thing is I am up on a hill but at the same time I am at the bottom of another hill. The snow will be probably melt off into the creek which is 20 feet below. It would take an enourmous amounts of rain to flood too much. The have already broken into programming 3 times mainly for counties to the south of me; cass county,mo and linn countyks.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The good thing is I am up on a hill but at the same time I am at the bottom of another hill. The snow will be probably melt off into the creek which is 20 feet below. It would take an enourmous amounts of rain to flood too much. The have already broken into programming 3 times mainly for counties to the south of me; cass county,mo and linn countyks.

In between two hills, huh..lol..well hopefully, it'll all keep going down hill..
Looks like its moving NE..so keep abreast of it all!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
KC should be getting hit pretty soon..looks pretty heavy!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yeah it is getting very dark right now. Sunset is at 6:07 pm but it is dark as if it is after sun set. I hear thunder in the distance.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
We dont have any activity around us yet..hopefully it'll stay that way..so im off for a nap..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow. Had I known weather reports were fodder for posts now, I could have exacerbated my post count by so much as I have lived through about ... oh, about a thousand or so weather alerts regarding hail storms, tornado watches or other fairly typical weather possibilities. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Listen here buddy,
this is peoples lives at risk...

Being able to come to a forum and talk to other people
who also are in the disaster zone
is an incredible thing to do.
Could save someones life.
Even hearing of peoples real accounts of a fragile world is very valuable..

Get up post count, GET REAL!!!
edit on 27-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well that storm blew threw knocking some power out. It flooded some minor roads. If you are east of Kansas City prepare of tons of rain, lots of lightening and possible power outage. My power did flucuate. Do not go outside in this storm the lightening is very intense. What I noticed was the lightening was lower to the ground and I can feel the thunder shaking the apartment.
It was almost like small bombs going off. Right now it is just rain.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here's hoping everyone in the path of the storms stays safe the next 24 hours. East Tennessee has a special weather statement out for tomorrow morning/afternoon. Unfortunately my husband and I have to drive to Nashville in the morning, hoping it's not too bad along I40.

I still remember years ago, maybe 1994, when we had tornadoes touchdown in February. Incredibly scary stuff. I was at a friend's house and could see it forming in the distance. It hit downtown Lenoir City and did a load of damage.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
South west Michigan has flood warnings with up to 2" of rain on the way in the next 24 hrs. I'm high and dry above Lake Michigan about 60'

* FROM MIDNIGHT EST /11 PM CST/ TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON

* WIDESPREAD RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES...COMBINED WITH
SNOWMELT VALUES OF 1 TO 1.5 INCHES...WILL LIKELY LEAD TO
FLOODING.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING BASED ON
CURRENT FORECASTS.

edit on 27-2-2011 by mikellmikell because: Add from National Weather Service

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Keep a sharp eye out, yummy; they are calling for severe t-storms and high winds for me tomorrow here in NW Georgia; does appear March may be roaring in this year...

seeker

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Keep safe, and warm, dry. Consciousness affects probability, even Princeton University seemed to endorse the PEAR Project so keep positive, and see this mellowing out and drifting gently away. And give thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Well that storm blew threw knocking some power out. It flooded some minor roads. If you are east of Kansas City prepare of tons of rain, lots of lightening and possible power outage. My power did flucuate. Do not go outside in this storm the lightening is very intense. What I noticed was the lightening was lower to the ground and I can feel the thunder shaking the apartment.
It was almost like small bombs going off. Right now it is just rain.

Wow!!
I see more now..tornado watches all over, until 3 am..its gonna be a long night!~

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

Keep a sharp eye out, yummy; they are calling for severe t-storms and high winds for me tomorrow here in NW Georgia; does appear March may be roaring in this year...

seeker

I do believe you are right..and you have some rain heading there soon, too
..I might be blown your way! lol

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Hi Yummy Freelunch, your name reminds me
of this certain lyrics in this song,

You can taste the bright lights but you won't get them for free,
You can have anything you want but you better not try to get it from me......

www.youtube.com...

Just joshin with you, thought some music my take your mind
off the serious situation there. Take care.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join