It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by audio assasin
exellent read/post and very insightful thanks for your time s&f

Thanks my friend, if you have the chance a lot of great posters have shared a lot of additional and very informative resources, and links, it's a great subject to study up on.

Appreciate you posting, thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
War is the precursor of peace, and peace is the precursor of war. There will be a WW III, just like there was a WW II and a peace in between those wars, and all wars alike, it's been like that since the beginning of history, and even before humankind even learned to write or conceive of things such as words or languages, there was some sort of war going on.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

Yes for sure, why not, everything is a weapon, especially in the hands of a warrior. The internet is a medium and it can and is used for many purposes, but not for just in sake of war, for wars sake, specifically. But for the interests of specific groups or people, propaganda false information and knowledge, the binding of minds, to specific purposes, and ideals, for whatever purposes, oh so mysterious in there intentions, no...nope.

Really there is nothing new under the sun, and what is happening here or in the middle eastern countries with there whole taking to the streets and uprisings thing, is not surprising at all. How can you be surprised of an uprising especially of fallacious premises, when the whole premise of uprisings is done in ignorance of it's details? That is not surprising at all, they all want somebody to take over and make things right again. As if they were ever right in the first place, the impudence of such magnanimous assumption does not come without impunity, and for that they pay, and the wolfs will gather were the sheep roam.

And the ptb, well there favorite game is a sort of bowling. It goes like this, you set up the pins, then you knock them down, now how many pinheads do you think need's to be knocked down before they get it, that there all being played, and there is no good guy in this game, only varying degrees of duchebagery and pinheads? Who need to be knocked down once in a while.

But anyways, back to the internet and war, and my point in that you cant stop war from happening, it's a process embedded into life, the only thing you can do really is direct it, and temper it to your will, and to control it, or it will control you. Besides there are more ways to conquer, then divide and conquer, thats old school anyways.

How about these ways, Unite and Conquer, or Assimilate and Conquer, or Operationalize and Conquer, or Disassemble and Conquer, or a more flashy way such as, Blow stuff up and Conquer, or even Blow stuff down and Conquer. So many ways really, that if somebody still uses divide and conquer, it speaks volumes to there ignorance in conquering, and also to the ignorance of the ones being conquered that they would fall for such simple tactics. But then again whatever works, and Divide and Conquer seems to work wonders.

So let's hope the ptb dont learn to Multiply and Conquer.
Oh and them bots don't worry me much with there propaganda op, to me everybody who posts online especially on this site, is a dude who is in some basement somewhere most likely eating cheetos and is in his underwear typing about stuff. Oh and there all named bob.
Yup once you look at it like that, suddenly stuff does not become so serious, and the government and there army of bob's, doesn't scare you no more, as long as your aware that is, of the army of bob's.

edit on 28-2-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Maybe, when SHTF in China, they will do everything and anything to limit the amount of news spilling out of the country and that means targeting sattelites in space?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
As i stated in another thread- I am extremely torn on how to feel about this whole "global uprising" thing.
On one hand I am thinking "YES! This is great! TPTB must be crapping in their pants!"
And then the other side of me says-wait-what if this is what TPTB are orchestrating, to make things so chaotic worldwide that they will implement the Global Government/NWO in order to "stop" it....
Strange times.....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My goodness! You have really struck a nerve with thist one Proto! You never fail to get the old wheels turning. My question is that if there are sides to this war, (political, religious, social, or whatever), then it does not really matter what side you are on. What I mean by that is even in prehistoric times we banded together with our tribes for survivial. Survival now is more complex, as societies make it, but none the less it is still the same. There has always been someone, or for lack of a better term, a power that is, that calls the shots (Chieftain, Shaman, Council of Elders, King, High Priest, Elected Representative etc., etc.).

The fact is that through our known history mankind has made war over recources and that will continue as long as we are here. Ideas of sustainment are broken with the fundemental flaw of greed. We all posses it. Few, a very few, can resist it. So the status quo will continue.

The tools have changed, the efficiency at which we use them has changed, the understanding of what we can do with them has changed, but the game remains the same. At the end of the day the individual is only worried about how to warm themselves, feed themselves, and reproduce themselves. The only sustainment we concern ourselves with is the continuation of our line. It is natural law.

Individual freedom to pursue what we percieve as our rights is what life is all about. We go our own ways, in different directions, but ultimately to the same end. Who we side with and what we do to ensure our lives are somewhat stable are just a matter of environment. As environments change so do our preferences. Those who control the environment control our lives. There has always been control. Without it there is no civilization.

While on occasion the status quo changes, there will always be an individual or group who maintains control. As long as they can provide or allow the basics, (shelter, food, and procreation), to be obtained for the individuals or smaller groups then that status quo will continue.

Regimes change, civilizations rise and fall, the methods may vary on how but in the end it is existence that stays the same. Are we on the verge of the end of existence in the current status quo? The tools to do that most certainly exist. They have for quite some time now (longer than my lifetime). Will we see another world war? In my opinion yes we shall in our lifetimes. We are ultimately at a breaking point where the powers that be and the needs of the people will come into conflict as they have throughout our 1 million years as a species.

There is one universal truth in all of this though. There is not one of us who can predict the 5 W's (Who, What. When, Where, Why) of it all. We can only see the generalities. So my friend continue your life and keep focused on that which is the pentacle of importance to you and me... our ultimate survival and welfare of our families.

Star and Flag,

LastStand
edit on 2/27/2011 by LastStand because: Spelling and grammar. I don't want to look like a dummy

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It sounds more like "Cold War II" to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A Final Comment,make of it what you will.

If you will ,yes we can...

edit on 27-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think this is a really excellent post that raises many important points, however for me there is one thing that stands out and it's HBGary and it's little propoganda program. Why are people not more angry about this? It's a direct and clear example of government and corporations using propoganda on a mass scale to alter peoples views. How in a democratic society is this allowed? It utterly and completely undermines what westeren democracy was built upon.

I think you are right that we are seeing the first big actions in an information war, the war has been going on a long time of course, anyone using the internet as early as the 1990's will tell you that, when BBS's were being attacked and threatened. However now it's a big game, with so many people using the internet the corporations and abusive governments can no longer ignore it.

I don't know what going to happen in the future, either the people will prevail and bring about a true age of open government or the corporations and government will win and the people will carry on with the long sleep. Please don't get me wrong, i am not saying all corporations are evil and should be stopped, but they have gained too much power. But this is the fault of the people who allow them to fund political campaigns.

Still you are not alone in thinking how odd this wave of protests is. All of a sudden the world seemed to stand up and say no to tirants. It's been a slow progression of course, with anonymous doing it's early anti-scientology stuff and then moving into politics, wikileaks revealing some embarrassing secrets and of course people using their camera phones to record abusive police and officials.

Governments have responded in a number of ways. Anonymous released a tool to DDoS big websites and the governments have traced numerous IP address associated with th attack, they arrested a few to scare the rest. They are also trying to find the big players in Anonymous.

The attack on wikileaks is an obvious one, HBGary gave various strategies for attacking wikileaks and of course Assange is facing some unpleasant charges.

Then there are the new laws about police officers, at least in the UK you can no longer record them, ever. Doing so is an offence, your phone can be confiscated and you face a court hearing. This one actually bothers me the most because it was really showing how some police officers use their powers very unfairly, bordering on the illegal.

Even encryption is under attack in the UK. While there are many legitimate uses for it, from protecting corporate secrets to something as simple as keeping your diary secret at a border crossing, the police in the UK now have powers to imprison you if you don't give them your encryption keys. Two years in prison, 5 if it's a terror related investigation.

Interesting times.
edit on 27-2-2011 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

Thanks for joining in. I really appreciate when people take the time to lay out their own thoughts to share with us all.

I think if we are ever going to break this cycle of war, violence, and indiference it is going to be through communicating and coming to realize that no, I really don't want the oil in Iran or Iraq (my bicycle doesn't need it) and no, I don't want to pretend I know what's best for those people, while insisting on helping them, while I help myself to that oil.

We really are being manipulated to just hate and fear and mistrust one another, and really it's only a small percentage of people at the top.

There has got to be a better way than that revolvig revolutionary door complete with death and chaos and more of the same old, same old, with some different faces serving it up cold and stale.

Personally I think the Powers that Be know we want to change, and they want to rush us to a change, before we can use the power to communicate with one another and each other, to decide what we want it to be.

Thanks for joining in.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Another fantastic post. Internet being used to churn up WWIII. Your threads are always very informal and always interesting and entertaining, in a sense of painting a picture. S&F!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

You make a very valid point my friend. however the volatility of the state of our world right now may make it a bit more complicated than that. In the cold war there where 2 distinct sides. What we have right now are several different points of view being co-opted and twisted in a veritable mash of scenarios. When the current power bases find themselves overwhelmed with too many contigencies to contend with then they may try to simplify it with simple war. For whatever reason they may give to us when the bombs start falling then it is a hot war. Cold wars sustain the status quo...hot wars change the status quo.
edit on 2/27/2011 by LastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I think this is a really excellent post that raises many important points, however for me there is one thing that stands out and it's HBGary and it's little propoganda program. Why are people not more angry about this? It's a direct and clear example of government and corporations using propoganda on a mass scale to alter peoples views. How in a democratic society is this allowed? It utterly and completely undermines what westeren democracy was built upon.

Thank you my friend, I hoped to make it stand out, but first laying a real foundation of just how easy it would be to use, and how tempting, and how effective it really can be.

This is the most important aspect of the thread, but I felt people really need to see how it becomes important by mixing it into all the other elements.

HB Gary needs fined, and some people sent to jail over this.

THIS SOFTWARE NEEDS OUTLAWED by international treaty.

We aren't supposed to use weather weapons, or chemical and biological weapons, well there should be no such thing as the great big orchestrated mass lie weapon either, and that's what this HB Gary Software is.

It's about the worst desperate idea I have ever heard, because it completely undermines what democracy is all about.

One voice per person, not one hundred or one thousand voices per person.

Our government is beyond repair when it turns to things like this.

They say all is fair in love and war, well I love the world too much to let this stand, so I don't care how unfair getting this stuff outlawed has to be.

It needs exposed.

People are to desensitysed to too much sensational information, the Ana Nicoles the Charlie Sheens, the riot here, the fire there, the war there, the hostages there, the pedophile there, the dictator there.

People literally can't see the trees for the forest any more.

HB Gary wants to make that so much worse.

Thanks for bringing that up, and the rest of your post was really great as well.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

The reason I post is to start a revolution.

I think ideas have the power to change the world, and by throwing out these ideas into the world, we are changing the world.

The revolution is happening now.

I see ideas that have taken root, and are growing and becoming more powerful. The revolution is building as we speak.

The world is changing very rapidly right now, and in my opinion, the elites of the world have all the power they are ever going to get, and all that power is about to slip away, and there is nothing they can do about it.

The power of the elites is nothing but a number in a computer that can disappear in a nano-second. Theirs is a house of cards.

And shall come the end of days when the TPTB will tremble as their system falls apart before their very eyes. We have been duped by the moneymakers the bankers the corporations the politicians all a false front to keep the rich richer and the poor poorer the times will change and soon; A time will come to pass when history will be remade all the evil shall be purged from the world and humanity can reign free; But first we must learn to be rid of our differences (religion for the most part) because that is the large divide between the world of today and can cause hatred and racism we must learn to be gone with the shackles of slavery and man can walk the Earth free again and our savior to be free again can be used through the engineering and production of the machine (technology) will free us and mankind will be free to do at your leisure but TPTB want people to be slaves to be controlled and to be kept busy so they do not revolt against them; For they know this will bring about their doom.

Lets hope humanity can achieve this before TPTB become to powerful (technology wise) for us to overthrow them.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
World War III is really upon us, people need to think and think hard.

Ahem, fear mongering much?
No, last I checked World War III was not officially declared, of course, neither was WWI and WWII. But you had a lot of war declarations from lots of countries all around the globe, which made them World Wars. Will future historians declare that, for example, 2001 and 9/11 was the true start of WWIII? May be, but it is futile to speculate about the future. I don't believe we are currently in the midst of it however.

edit on 27/2/2011 by WalterRatlos because: spelling and grammar

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
People have been trained to sit through the advertising, thinking even that they are tuning it out, not even realizing that that is what makes it work the best....

This is important to understand:
Part of the reason for the advance warning some are getting off the net is that the elite want to get rid of the dumb, the drugged, the insane, the stupid, the immoral, the minions, the fools, the unlucky...
they figure on "
arwinating" the Peeps
the smart will survive

They think this is for mankinds' good a 'purification"..
with them getting the best of course for their troubles....

PS as to WWlll now:
the war is on the peeps
GMO vaccines war famine haarpe disease DU etc
Game on...

edit on 27-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Lets hope humanity can achieve this before TPTB become to powerful (technology wise) for us to overthrow them.

We are fast approaching that point of no return when it comes to that.

We may be there, and if the Powers that Be are behind all of this then it's a safe bet they have a way to gain the upper hand once it's run the course to the point that they desire it to be for their plans.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Powerful stuff, PT, powerful stuff.
I am concerned about this as it happens here in the U.S.

Take some of the recent issues here.

It seems people are so divided, so bent on seeing "their team" win, that all reason and dialogue, as well as morals and ethics, get tossed out the window.

It becomes a "he said, she said, he pushed me first" type of argument that everyone wants to win, without any thought toward the future, or who the real enemies are.

He envisioned a guerilla information war, where average people like me and you would share what we know, think and feel about not just how we perceive the world, but how ideally we would like the world to be.

People would begin talking about and trying to expose corruption in government and in the corporate body, courts and law enforcement, religion and the systems that bind us into shared societies, what works, what doesn’t work, what makes us frustrated and unhappy, what gives us hope and does not.

I fear that before that happens, we will see a lot of animosity, suffering, and blood shed, all while not understanding that we are being played against each other.

Yet presumably the entrenched governments and corporations and religions that comprise the Status Quo would be every bit as vocal or more vocal in trying to maintain it and control the transformations brought about in society from unfettered communication between the far flung and distant masses.

Right now, they have the upper hand, and will for a significant time period.
I think people, at least here in the U.S., will really need a reality check, and I mean a serious reality check, to shock us into realizing that we've been fight the wrong battle against the wrong enemy for as long as we can remember.

Hopefully, after that reality check, we can come to an understanding amongst each other, and have real, meaningful dialect.

Until then, I see a lot of suffering, and most people call me an optimist.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mick1423

i guess WW3 fits right in between TPTB most important rules..

Divide and Conquer

WW3

Order into Chaos

No its order from chaos or ORDO AB CHAO and if you want new world order/Novus ordo seclorum,what does that mean.....it says order from chaos ?
We are all just ants,the first and second world wars proved it,minions going to there deaths by following their leaders in the midst of chaos,there is nothing else you can do ,starve or fight ,its a game and were all in it,hook or crook !
Welcome to Hell and we vote for it ,some irony ,we ask for it....Now thats what I call crazy.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Laugh out loud my friend, fear mongerers on ATS do not use Question Marks in their titles.

Lot's of thought provoking information from dozens of great posters and researchers, you ought to give it a read.

This thread has produced a very quality discussion with all kinds of great observations and opinions.

Read, then post, that's what I always suggest.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
People have been trained to sit through the advertising, thinking even that they are tuning it out, not even realizing that that is what makes it work the best....

No, I certainly do not sit through advertising; I just zap around for another channel with no advertising ...
Tuning it out, in your head, my be possible, too, but why risk it?
Just flip over the next bloody channel ...

This is important to understand:
Part of the reason for the advance warning some are getting off the net is that the elite want to get rid of the dumb, the drugged, the insane, the stupid, the immoral, the minions, the fools, the unlucky...
they figure on "
arwinating" the Peeps
the smart will survive

Ahem, sorry but if that is the stated goal of the elite who the hell is going to do all the hard work for them?
You know they still need their dirty job slaves. No?

They think this is for mankinds' good a 'purification"..
with them getting the best of course for their troubles....

Sounds, like Nazi wishy-wash ideology crap to me.
Nope, as I said, if they really want this and proceed with it who is going to do all the hard work for them to keep them wealthy and in power and elite?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join