It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

you remember bin laden ? Saddam ? one of them is terrorist and the other was dictator . as much as I know they both were once America's best friend and puppet. Qaddafi is the new bad guy and another reason for invasion to Libya . killing and pillaging continues . as you speak of new ways the old scenario's are taking place.

obama on Feb 23th

and this

obama on Feb 28th

that is how we don't learn lessons from history.

edit on 27/2/11 by hmdphantom because: Qaddafi was another pupet and is another burnt one.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The internet will be a very valuable tool for people but remember it takes real tension, blood, and material stress to manifest a war. Not just information.

You want to know something really scary? Russia is selling anti-ship missles to Syria. Egypt let Iranian military(?) ships to use the Suez Canal while in the midst of a change in government. They sure seem to be doing this in unison despite all these massive revolutions taking place in their countries.

What this tells me is there is ONE main power starting to take control of these Arab countries. It is not just a random action-reaction event. What is happening in the middle east is a planned domino effect.

I was wondering if there was a WWIII, how the landlocked Arabs would ever be able to get to Europe besides Turkey. Well, the Suez Canal is now a quick, dirty opening to Europe and to the Atlantic beyond
edit on 27-2-2011 by DavinciThales because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

It's funny, I was talking to a Libyan today and he was telling me how they have had genuine peace for a while until the current unrest. People were able to live their lives, were not worried about world affairs as everything was self contained and not reliant on foreign intervention (and interruptions).

If some new world order is being propped up, it will happen on the back of these events.

"Revolutions are exciting...but they leave many dead bodies"

Great post my friend, I think most if not all of us share your frustrations with the mainstream news.

To tell you the truth, I don't think most of these people have a clue why they are rebelling or what they really are going to gain through it.

I think they are by and large following along with the crowds because it's the 'in' thing to do.

That's what's scarey right now, people are easy to manipulate and as Mom used to say, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye and then sorry is never enough.

Great post friend.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I can't speak for everyone here in America but I can tell you many of us believe our Government to be hopelessly corrupt, ruled by a group of international oligarchs, elitists, and royals, and is intent on war, war, and more war and driving us into hopeless bankruptcy, lowered stadards of living, while stripping us of most of our fundamental liberties and priveleges.

You can sure speak for me!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

From my understanding, the unreported reason behind so many uprisings in Muslim nations is because of wide spread food shortages.....

The food shortages was carefully orchestrated.

Purdue University: Private International Cartels: shows the Ag Cartels exist.

The sudden discovery of a global pandemic of international cartels in the mid 1990s, after a hiatus of a half century, is puzzling. That the greatest number and most injurious conspiracies should be clustered in the food and feed ingredients industries adds another element of mystery to the puzzle.

In 1987 the Ag Cartel formed the IPC

The IPC was created in 1987 explicitly to drive home the GATT agriculture rules of WTO at Uruguay talks. The IPC demands removal of ‘high tariff’ barriers in developing countries, remaining silent on the massive government subsidy to agribusiness in the USA....

the actual author of the AoA of WTO was Daniel Amstutz, a former Vice President of Cargill Grain, who was at the time in the Washington US Trade Representative’s Office, before going back to the grain trade.... www.publiceyeonscience.ch...

Dan Amstutz also wrote the 1996 farm bill that later became know as "Freedom to Fail" He then went to work for Goldman Sachs.

The 1996 farm bill deregulated grain and allowed US farmers to over produce driving the grain prices through the floor. Cargill and other grain traders used the cheap grain and no tariffs to bankrupt third world farmers over the next twelve years. Mexico for example lost 75% of her farmers and went from exporting corn to importing cheap US corn. The second part of the 1996 farm bill was the scraping of the US strategic grain reserves. By 2008 "the cupboard was bare" according to the USDA.

The next move in the chess game was the US bio-fuel law, the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007. This sucked up all the cheap grain and caused grain prices to sky rocket, with the help of Goldman Sachs and friends.

www.publiceyeonscience.ch...

Freedom to Fail: How U.S. Farming Policies Have Helped Agribusiness And Pushed Family Farmers Toward Extinction

Who's making the bread?
Freedom to Farm's lower commodity prices have not translated into consumer benefits. Since 1984, the real price of a USDA market basket of food has increased 2.8 percent while the farm value of that food has fallen by 35.7 percent, according to C. Robert Taylor, professor of agriculture and public policy at Auburn University. Taylor says there is a "widening gap" between retail price and farm value for numerous components of the market basket, including meat products, poultry, eggs, dairy products, cereal and bakery products, fresh fruit and vegetables, and processed fruit and vegetables.

At a major farm rally in Washington, D.C. in March, farmers served legislators a "farmers" lunch. The lunch included what would typically be an $8 lunch -- barbecued beef on a bun, baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw, milk and a cookie. The farmers charged only 39 cents for the meal, reflecting what farmers and ranchers receive to grow the food for such a meal.

"The World Bank says that 100 million more people are facing severe hunger. Yet some of the world's richest food companies are making record profits. Monsanto last month reported that its net income for the three months up to the end of February this year had more than doubled over the same period in 2007, from $543m (£275m) to $1.12bn. Its profits increased from $1.44bn to $2.22bn....

A look at the figures for 2007, when the world food crisis began, shows that corporations such as Monsanto and Cargill, which control the cereals market, saw their profits increase by 45 and 60 per cent, respectively; the leading chemical fertilizer companies such as Mosaic Corporation, a subsidiary of Cargill, doubled their profits in a single year" Monsanto and the World Food Crisis

And BACK to Dan Amstutz and Goldman Sachs

How Goldman Sachs gambled on starvation

This is the story of how some of the richest people in the world – Goldman, Deutsche Bank, the traders at Merrill Lynch, and more – have caused the starvation of some of the poorest people in the world. At the end of 2006, food prices across the world started to rise, suddenly and stratospherically. Within a year, the price of wheat had shot up by 80 per cent, maize by 90 per cent, rice by 320 per cent. In a global jolt of hunger, 200 million people – mostly children – couldn't afford to get food any more, and sank into malnutrition or starvation. There were riots in more than 30 countries, and at least one government was violently overthrown. Then, in spring 2008, prices just as mysteriously fell back to their previous level. Jean Ziegler, the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, calls it "a silent mass murder", entirely due to "man-made actions." Through the 1990s, Goldman Sachs and others lobbied hard and the regulations [controlling agricultural futures contracts] were abolished. Suddenly, these contracts were turned into "derivatives" that could be bought and sold among traders who had nothing to do with agriculture. A market in "food speculation" was born. The speculators drove the price through the roof. www.wanttoknow.info...

Background History on the take over of the Food Supply

US History:
History, HACCP and the Food Safety Con Job

World History:
Reviewing F. William Engdahl's "Seeds of Destruction"
Part I
Part II
Part III

Stolen harvest: the hijacking of the global food supply By Vandana Shiva

Manufacturing food crisis

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
All of us are being played by the media whores, its the agenda part of the hype machine they want every suck into it, so they get finical gains, it like using a different monoply board with different rules. there using peoples passion to get the better of them, What were seeing on TV media is there version of what's going on.
The sky is falling the sky is falling. They will pay someone or a group hey go over and blow the oil fields up geeez were going to make a dollar from this, we need to charge a carbon tax look at the black smoke chicken little. There have a balance war going on stay the hell out of it, let them have balance.

OOhh but there shooting people with bullets and guns we sent them? or sold them from another division of our company, big business also supplied the nazi's ford chrysler bush, they supplied both sides of the war?
You have to follow the money don't get suck into there stories follow the money. who's going to make a buck off of killing a few dirt feeders. This what your looking at hiding war crimes against humanity.

They need big money to fund he next bigger nazi project, they want you to pay for it, through fear tinery exploitation It's treason of country and the world, gather them up make a few deals cause the beans are going to come spilling out and hang the rest of them, Thats what they did to the nazi's war crimes and treason "snap" at the end of a rope.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That's something that is very lacking in all of these rebellions and protests, is real popular leaders supported by the people....

There is a darn good reason we see a lack of leaders today. Here are two of my favorite leaders.

On May 23, 1933, Congressman, Louis T. McFadden, brought formal charges against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank system, The Controller of the Currency and the Secretary of United States Treasury for numerous criminal acts, including but not limited to, CONSPIRACY, FRAUD, UNLAWFUL CONVERSION, AND TREASON...

Now that this sterling American patriot has made the Passing, it can be revealed that not long after his public utterance against the encroaching powers of Judah, it became known among his intimates that he had suffered two attacks against his life. The first attack came in the form of two revolver shots fired at him from ambush as he was alighting from a cab in front of one of the Capital hotels. Fortunately both shots missed him, the bullets burying themselves in the structure of the cab.

"He became violently ill after partaking of food at a political banquet at Washington. His life was only saved from what was subsequently announced as a poisoning by the presence of a physician friend at the banquet,..
www.conspiracyarchive.com...

First National Bank of Montgomery vs. Daly (1969)
To everyone's surprise, Morgan admitted that the bank routinely created money "out of thin air" for its loans, and that this was standard banking practice. "It sounds like fraud to me," intoned Presiding Justice Martin Mahoney amid nods from the jurors. In his court memorandum, Justice Mahoney stated:

Plaintiff admitted that it, in combination with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, . . . did create the entire $14,000.00 in money and credit upon its own books by bookkeeping entry. That this was the consideration used to support the Note dated May 8, 1964 and the Mortgage of the same date. The money and credit first came into existence when they created it. Mr. Morgan admitted that no United States Law or Statute existed which gave him the right to do this. A lawful consideration must exist and be tendered to support the Note.

The court rejected the bank's claim for foreclosure, and the defendant kept his house....

Justice Mahoney, who was not dependent on campaign financing or hamstrung by precedent, went so far as to threaten to prosecute and expose the bank. He died less than six months after the trial, in a mysterious accident that appeared to involve poisoning. www.webofdebt.com...

Sort of hard to have real leaders when there are so many "LONE GUNMEN" ready to take them out.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The last reply was bit emotional because I did not read the whole thread,this time I took the moment to do so, apologies. Still can't believe that this could be in fact a.good theory to coop with. But what is real these days , there's so much info that Its hard to follow were this is going to end?

Those of us who have taken a crack at online dating and or internet discussions have learned very often that people will often use the anonymity of the Internet and lack of Accountability to lie, seek attention, and often reinvent themselves to be someone that they aren’t.

The woman you thought was 30 and 110 pounds you finally meet is 50 and 250, the man you thought looked just like Tom Cruise, looks quite a bit different with his coke bottle glasses, and is 5 feet 2 inches and not 6 feet two inches.

Later we find out he didn’t actually climb Mt. Everest, fight in 3 wars, and works for NASA as claimed, but lives at home with his elderly Mom and Dad and is chronically unemployed

lol well I was lucky when I met her she looked the way she said she looked !

You know one way or the other we are gregarious and we need some Shepard that lead our way. Maybe we are evolving due to whatever cosmic evolution is hitting us know, But we cant depend on that, so as things will escalate I could only say ... Whats next?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

The truth is my friend if a populist leader existed today like say an 'old hickory' Andrew Jackson down in some colorful place like New Orleans with a real mind and eye to change what's wrong with government they would kill him or imprison him, even if they had to make up the charges and frame him to do it.

Really our most significant advancement in the 1100's the Magna Carta took a figure like William Marshall to make happen, a relatively common man of the people but considered to be the greatest Jouster in Europe perhaps that ever lived he enjoyed immense respect with the people, the lords, and the King.

The Magna Carta probably would now have ever happened without someone like William Marshall.

Good luck being that beloved and incorruptible today.

As they say in Texas you will be pushing up daiseys quick!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Indeed, there does appear to be some very blatant manipulations and pokings of proverbial wasp-nests with sticks going on, and it appears that tptb, realizing that more and more of the masses are growing ever-increasingly skeptical of the corpomedia outlets, are turning to the net for information and discussing problems and networking.

Nicely put.

I would also like to take a minute to thank you for bring to our attention all the news from various sources. It helps in getting a wider picture of what is actually going on.

TPTB works by manipulating the information we receive. You give us a lot more of the piece of the puzzle so we have a chance of seeing the whole picture.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I hope so,I really do hope man kind will learn something from all of this wars and poverty in this era because we all hate to see our children grow up in violence and deep in all human harts burns this ideological world that we can built this peaceful society together.

I think it could be possible!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Me I believe that the rich international corporations want a one world government and it's going to take a major war to drive us all into one.

Time tells all!

Can you imagine one rich corperate leader taking over the world? Not me.
I'm seeing all of what you are saying. Look at the Arab Nations and the Vaccum of power. All because of some very organized and intelligent young people and the Internet. I find little info on the progress so was there a plan for the "after the revolution". Indeed I get where you are coming from.

I am an average american and I dont want to see a world war. I would like to see them stop.I would like to see the world peaceful. I know my Idealistic emotions. I agree the world is being set up for a single commen leader.A single common religion would fix things. But what of the people living who are hard set in their ways. Always a rebellion from somewhere...I agree, where is the answer in that. START OVER? who will raise his hand in sacrifice to meet the goal of a 500,000,000 human population. Let me see your hands? takers? thats what I thought. Not me either.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

And thanks to organizations like SPLC and ADL, those "lone gunmen" have suddenly morphed into "lone wolf domestic extremists", aka veterans, constitutionalists, conspiracy theorists, patriots, tax protesters, free speech advocates, Ron Paul supporters and anyone else who's opposed to the planned globalist destruction of America.

I always wondered why German citizens didn't rise up against the Weimar Republic and Hitler regime.

But after experiencing the rise of the Fourth Reich, now I understand...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

has it been common from long ago : when products are not bought at a good prize the farmers would destroy their own products?

this can cause a starvation, more pressure on people. happy to be informed.

American farmers do destroy their product. In the recent past, farmers poured milk on the ground or dug pits and killed and buried new born calves.

With the new US law passed in December 2010, I am afraid we will be seeing the same outrage and destruction of farm products in 2012. I for one do not plan to sell any more of the products from my farm until that blasted law is repealed.

Doreen Hannes a well known farm activist expressed our feelings best:

Let Them Eat Grass
When less than 1% of the population is engaged in feeding the entire population and those being fed don’t actively, and positively support the one percent, then the 99% should be happy when they are left to feed themselves....

When Marie Antoinette was told that the peasants were threatening revolt because they had no bread, she said, “Let them eat cake.” When we are faced with rampant hunger because of the regulatory, financial, trade and foreign policies of the past 100 or so years, those of us who have been crying from the roof tops for people to take an interest in what really sustains them may be very well justified in saying, “Let them eat grass.”

This could be devastating to the rest of the world since the USA supplies 25% of the world grain.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

To address your question in the OP as to why this is happening now, when some of these brutal regimes have been in power for 40 years or more: well, I don't want to sound all "New Agey" on you, but could it be part of a global consciousness shift? And we're just seeing the first seeds starting to bloom? Just thinking out loud....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The internet is a powerful medium and as such it ought to be looked upon with great respect. Like with anything that has the capability to reach the masses like with books, newspapers, radio, and television it can be manipulated. The internet is no different, and I hope the masses can see it for what it is? In light of what you have said Proto about this topic, I have to share with everyone a clip from the movie The Network. It sums up quite succinctly what you are getting at with the power of the internet, and how it can be abused by others.

As the main character, Howard says, "We are in a lot of trouble!" If people take everything they see and read on the internet as the truth, then we are in trouble. In the clip he is talking about the television, but it can apply to any communications medium. As one of my old journalism professor taught me in what seems like eons ago, "If your mother tells you she loves you, double check!" It doesn't take much to double check or verify what is being said to form a rational opinion on a given subject. If ample verification is not readily available? Toss what is being said in the trash, because it is probably not worth it's weight in gold.

I for one would not like to get bamboozled, and I hope others feel the same way? Lets not let our passions get the best of us. I hope these protesters think long and hard what they are doing and who exactly is pulling the strings. When the smoke and dust settles, hopefully they are happy with whomever or whatever fills the void.

For one thing, I am somewhat relieved that people are at least showing that they still have pulse. I mean that in terms of the protests, but I am fearful of what they are going to get in return? Did they bite off more than they could chew? I have to look at anything on the internet with a granule of skepticism especially these demonstrations happening the world over, I for one do not live there or have an ear to the street. With that being said, how can I or anyone who is not there or have ever been there form a position on it? Basically, all we are doing is giving an opinion on it, and that my friends should always be taken with a grain of salt. All we can do to form a responsible view on it is to sift through the information that is pummeled out of Eygpt, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya or wherever the latest uprising is gathering steam. They are there and we are wherever we are.

Now, for the WWIII aspect as highlighted in the OP. Could the internet be used as a medium to spurn conflict worldwide? Of course it could, and is at the present moment. It is no different than when other mediums of the past have been used to achieve similar aims. It is a duty of any adult to sift through the BS and propaganda with a rational mind, before lending support to anything. A healthy dose of skepticism is in good order when being pummeled with a deluge of information 24/7, because we are not machines or super computers. To make a long story short as my journalism professor taught me, "If your mother says she loves you, double check!" Great thread Proto! Very thought provoking!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I have long felt that the Powers that Be desperately want us to rebel, and we simply have not taken the bait, or been to asleep or content to consider it.

You and me both Proto, It is why I suggest to people to forget protests. It is no coincidence that "protesting" is "taught" to our college students here in the USA.

When I explained the Federal Reserve System of fraud to a couple of college guys recently the first response was "Should we protest?"

I patiently explained that the correct thing to do was to become knowledgeable and pass the information on. THEN go after your various representatives.

We can hold our representatives feet to the fire if the cat is out of the bag, everyone is aware of the Fractional Reserve fraud and Mises explaination of the "return to sound money" www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Excellent post. I think with all of the 'hackivism' going on and all of the people in the world complaining about what their governments are doing to them something is bound to happen because of the internet (well, it has happened - but not on a global scale as of yet). We have to ask what defines war. "War is a behavior pattern of organized violent conflict, typified by extreme aggression, societal disruption, and high mortality." or " a state of hostility, conflict, or antagonism."

The second definition classifies it completely. I do think that when people become more culturally aware - and other peoples voices are heard, government begins to become irrelevant because the needs of the masses (communicating through the internet) are not being met. The best invention in the world was that of the internet - to become completely free in an orderless world of bytes and bits. Sure, people argue here - troll, you name it - but in large part, it has brought humanity closer to each other.

I believe governments will eventually try to limit internet usage, especially in so called 'free' countries because the power of the government will be completely questioned in the not so near future to the end of removing the establishment. Look at the effect it has had on the “not so free” countries... it was quite a quick response on the earthly time line since the release of the internet to the main streem.

If the internet is WWIII – and it is happening, it would seem that humanity is winning the day over the elites (but yes, I could be very wrong. They know how to play the psychological game better then any of us... so, perhaps it is planned... who knows).

Again, thank you for your post. People who don't read it need to...

Peace.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

If just 10 percent of the people of the world took 10 percent of the time you worked on that post..the world we live in might just be a tad different..

Awesome..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I think that next invasion is going to happen very by US G. as you all Americans are sitting there and watching just more human beings will be screaming and dying in Libya .

then I write this threat ' why are you Americans so silent ' again....

I wish it was not true, but unfortunately we, the American people, have little control over our representatives. We can Protest, write letters, e-mails, show up at their offices and still they ignore our wishes.

The US government is run by the Multi-national corporations and bankers (the wealthy elite) and not by the American people. That is why the Tea Party was formed and that was why the Elite immediately took it over and rendered it harmless.

As I have written several times, we as a people must take back control of our states because that is where we still actually have some power.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join