It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Thanks my friend, and I am really a bit of an optimist myself.

I really feel if we can expose the tricks, the deceptions, the frauds, the manipulations and the murderous and dishonest intent behind them, that the people stand half a real chance against the Powers that Be.

Here is what most people don't consider and they certainly don't want you to know, they will be at their most vulnerable when they go to consolidate everything, that one reach is going to more or less expose everything for a very brief window, and if there are enough people who are really paying attention when that happens, they might end up finding out that in the end it was all for naught.

There are people in powerful positions on the inside that are waiting for that moment, there are some serious people who don't want to see all this go down.

Keep your hope alive, please, because this ain't over until the Fat Lady sings.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Laugh out loud my friend, fear mongerers on ATS do not use Question Marks in their titles.

Ok, I missed that, apologies.

Lot's of thought provoking information from dozens of great posters and researchers, you ought to give it a read.

Sure, I will, I might, if I find the time and if it interests me enough.

This thread has produced a very quality discussion with all kinds of great observations and opinions.

Read, then post, that's what I always suggest.

Thanks.

Sure, will, might do as may the case be ...
Sure, I assume much though that I did not read your OP.
I'm fine with "quality discussion", though I will have to take your word for it, 'cause apart from your OP, I did not read the entire thread -it's over 9 pages after all. I might still do that or might just decide that it is not something worth of my time. Again, apologies ...
... and you 're welcome!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Oaktree

Well, I am a pessimist myself, so what?

I really feel if we can expose the tricks, the deceptions, the frauds, the manipulations and the murderous and dishonest intent behind them, that the people stand half a real chance against the Powers that Be.

Right, bring it on, revolution and power to the people and all that, am I right?

Here is what most people don't consider and they certainly don't want you to know, they will be at their most vulnerable when they go to consolidate everything, that one reach is going to more or less expose everything for a very brief window, and if there are enough people who are really paying attention when that happens, they might end up finding out that in the end it was all for naught.

I am not really sure about that; might be but then again might not be the way you describe it.

There are people in powerful positions on the inside that are waiting for that moment, there are some serious people who don't want to see all this go down.

Hm, right, see above about revolution and all that jazz

Keep your hope alive, please, because this ain't over until the Fat Lady sings.

Exactly! Finally I agree with something you have said.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. This is the fundamental goodness of mankind as a whole. If...and it is a big "IF" we can sacrifice our wants over our needs and work together then we can live in harmony. There are enough recources for us all, but as I pointed out earlier greed is the downfall of us all. Be it with individuals or groups, the desire to control resources thwarts a common good.
Even if a miracle happened and mankind as a whole realized that the current state of affairs is not the answer today there has to be a period of chaos before the change. It is the omelete theory...and at today's way of being...many, and I mean many, eggs have to be cracked. Am I ready to be that egg? NO! Are you? I DOUBT IT. Are any of the other readers of this thread or their families ready to just lay down and die to give hope to tomorrow if someone could prove that they had an answer to it all and it made sense? Greed isn't just about wanting more than what you have. It is about wanting in and of itself. We all want to live and thrive. The same old same old will continue.
Solutions are easy. Implementing them are what is hard. Solutions have been given. But there are not many willing to make the sacrifices necissary for them. At the end of the day people have to die no matter what the solution. It is the ultimate paradox. One one side to make the call to kill millions if not billions... on the other to be one of the millions or billions who has to die. Kill or be killed... as it was 10,000 years ago. Nothing has changed. It is the way of the world and natural law.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The basic rule for running rapids in a canoe is to go faster then the water so you can steer
other wise you can not control the canoe and are at the mercy of the current.
I think Proto and most of the postage here has been made in the best interests of being aware of the environment we find ourselves in, and staying ahead of the curve may be the difference between
the quik and the ded

PR has been a major part of every war effort...
look at the gulf of Tonkin...
which as it turns out only happened in Americans minds.

One thing I know fro years in the bar business:
you don't bar the fighters, you bar the instigators.

and these days the instigators are using the internet full force.
and paying for the effort with your money.
ha ha.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Snf OP Excellent thread. Now, the oddest thing about reading this for me was I've always seen the net with this potential. I've never looked at it as not having the potential to spark real needed change in the world. That's my addiction to this site. I love to get on here (*ATS) and rant against the elite and this rigidly cruel system that turns people to ground beef. This systematic hypnotically induced false freedom that enslaves us thru debt.
I know what I'm taking the trouble and time to write about here on these boards. Is going to be read by others.
Who may become awake because of one senrtence I've written. Even though I may never realise it. That's a huge potentiality. It's news to me that people think differently from this. How can they not see it? Yes, this is very odd to me.

This has got to be one of the best I've come across on ATS.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Only to be replaced by another PTB. There is no escape from control my friend. Unless you are the one who is in control. Systems have fallen probably longer than recorded history only to be replaced by another system. My question to you is are you comfotable right now? Do you have a roof over your head and food in your belly? Are you entertained? If you could be guaranteed that you and yours could continue in this manner indefinately would you change it? Shattering the way things are only creates chaos.
Are you ready to go through that unknown? I do not like the state of the world today, but I am comfortable. When enough people have enough taken from them that is when revolution happens. We are not there yet. Are TPTB setting it up? Would you if you were uber rich and comfortable? If you had power and influence would you screw it up for some scheme to destroy or theoretically conquer the world? I wouldn't.
You would have had to already conquered the world to be able to pull off the whole new world order thing. Why mess up a good thing? Now if you could theoretically challenge "GOD" for supremacy....hmmm. Then that makes a lot of sense.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

You might want to read my All Roads Lead to Rome thread friend, because the truth is, they conquered the entire world over a hundred years ago.

Since then it's just been driving migrations and setting the stage for a way to roll the people into a one world government.

Hint: It's not a very nice way.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Okay. I'll give it a read. I will leave my feedback in that thread . From what I've read so far it is a very interesting theory. Very interesting. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

The young people of these countries are much better educated than their parents ever were (often western educated) and can see the corruption and are more prepared to do something about it.

Thanks in some part to Wikileaks, the corruption has been exposed and these young people are more than ready to tackle these regimes or die trying. I heard an interview the other day with one of these protesters who said they would rather die than live under these despots any longer and that by taking action now they would in some way pave the way for their children to have a better future.

I can see great things coming out of these events and I wouldn't mind betting that we see a much more harmonious world, eventually.

Governments should always be in fear of the people not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thanks for that in depth study and I feel it is something that everybody should be aware of but very view are. It requires that you take a deeper look of the nature of the mind. How we stumble upon this mind craft varies, but the main thing is a quest to alternatively search and stumble upon ideas and the thoughts that inspire one to search deeper.
In my case, I believe that all wars really start in the mind and then get represented on earth. The first and second world wars were like this and the third is the same. Only I believe that the third world war begun as soon as the second finished and still continues to this day. Only because of the internet, the trail that the mind leaves behind is more evident. As certain tactics are revealed, the war gets hotter and hotter. Theory of what one side is doing to the other is being spread over the whiteboard known as the internet.So the big question is where does it leave each individual? Are we going to just take sides? Or will we have are own particular say? All I know is I am not fighting someone elses war, this is the biggest danger and has always been so. So we come back to the ancient wisdom that is eternally valid, Know thy self ! From this perspective we can make a much better assessment of the 3rd W War and any other invasions.From here we are able to neutralize the power of all misinformation.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

The outcome of something better coming out of these ad hoc hastily organized often leaderless movements is questionable with no one that the people really wants waiting in the wings to step in, all they are in fact doing is removing who is there, creating a chaos and instability, and a vacuum that could lead to any number of military dictatorships, new despots, or foreign invasions stepping in.

UN initiative?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

reply to post by hmdphantom

Most of us are in fact here to get clues.

Some of us though remain reltatively clueless in a very complicated world where those with great resources, money and power, often do things to gain and maintain it, that the average person struggling to live a moral life as a good person couldn't even imagine anyone would go to such extents to do.

Yet because most of us think with our hearts, our desire to be good and do good, we are easily manipulted through our emotions.

The powers that be know this and our media, politicians and clergy often speak to us in the language of emotion and not intellect.

They have figured out that many of us are looking for deeper answers, ones that revolve around intellectual discourse, intelligent responses etc, and I believe that they are attempting to counter that by creating their own presence on the Internet to speak to select groups with the language of emotions, emotions designed to incite people towards knee jerk reactions and not intellectual responses.

Are the people in Egypt better off now with the Military in Open and Total Control?

I personally doubt it.

Who waits in the wings in your country if the Mullahs are overthrown, who waits in the wings in our nation if the Congress and President are overthrown, some kind benevolent leader with all the answers, or a bunch of guys with guns who can intimidate us into submission?

That's the million dollar question.

Thanks for posting and good luck to you and yours and every body in the days ahead. I suspect many of us will be needing it.

and it would not matter what THEY look like.

at first, THEY will appeal to the people of the target nation(s) just like always ... then like rabid dogs, THEY will turn against you.

it's always this way .. it keeps the doors open for the next wave of economic consolidations.

I think the target nations currently under fire will be somehow be consolidated with a new currency probably under some type of new "Middle Eastern Union" similar to the EU perhaps based on some kind of OPEC - Oil based money system.

edit on 28-2-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

A good topic. I was thinking that by using the internet before any big shots can con us into wars we can bypass all the unnecessary expense in lives, material and other. Virtual casualties are OK with me. Imagine a war where the combatants can be in their jammies sipping tea?

Neato

All those who usually trumpet the disinformative BS will be bypassed. Gee that's too bad.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

reply to post by Oaktree

Well, I am a pessimist myself, so what?

Right, bring it on, revolution and power to the people and all that, am I right?

I am not really sure about that; might be but then again might not be the way you describe it.

Just out of interest, what exactly are you trying to say here?

The impression that I get is that you are mocking the OP, without giving any hint of a rational argument against his claims. I call this spam, and it is exactly the kind of post which turned me away from this site until recently...

edit on 28-2-2011 by kangshung because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
so what you are saying is world war 3 can be averted simply by shutting off your computer.

then egypt was right when they cut off internet access, they were trying to avoid armageddon.

my computer has so many viruses i'll be happy to throw it off the balconey.

go one week without your computer and you'll see how much better you'll feel.

you'll get your mind back.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

I think that next invasion is going to happen very by US G. as you all Americans are sitting there and watching just more human beings will be screaming and dying in Libya .

then I write this threat ' why are you Americans so silent ' again . and some people will come and answer me ' it is winter . what do you want us to do ? ' . then there will be more threads about ' war in Libya ' and every body comes and says ' this should not continue - this is wrong '.

the history is just repeating it self.
remember that god judges by justice not by policy.
edit on 27/2/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

It seems you are not aware of how brutal our police force is and how FEW Americans even watch world events. More people watch comedy television than news. Most Americans who watch world news at all understand very little. We are kept stupid, drugged, fat and amused.

I wish it were not so. Peace.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
After reading a couple of pages, my question is this:

How will the ATS staff/ site ownership respond to this very real threat? Do they not think the software is sophisticated enough to spawn some incredibly talented sock puppets on ATS? I've seen a massive increase in the 'stars and support' for the 'mainstream opinion' in recent months.

What of the static IP mimicking? Could some of the mods/ long-term members be sock puppets? What protocol is in place to ensure that the moderators are in fact real people? PLEASE NOTE - I am not actually accusing anyone of anything, I am simply trying to lend support to the somewhat guarded suggestion in the OP (understandingly guarded, considering Proto's position on ATS as a respected 'multi-layered appeal' contributer), raising awareness that these are now (if not before) very real possibilities that ATS and its membership must guard against.

Whenever a group of 'skeptics' gang up against other members (being subtle and careful so as to abide by the t'c and c's, though still managing to be obnoxious and debasing) - anyone who calls out the behaviour as 'disinfo' or gang harassment tends to get their post removed and a points penalty imposed. Reporting the post more often than not results in nothing happening, especially as some of the 'people' most guilty of such behaviour are 'long-time members and respected skeptics'...

I worry for the alternative voices when there is obviously so much favour doled out upon those who advocate the government's praise or the mainstream scientific consensus - is it really a consensus?

That 'consensus' often flies in the face of overwhelming evidence for an alternative... We must use the tools at our disposal to make sure that as often as possible, the real opinions are being propagated through cyberspace... STAR people that you agree with, or that have made a very good and valid point! Too often, someone will respond favourably to a post - but don't star the post which they've taken the trouble to respond to!

Use the tools at your disposal. Don't just star the OP, make sure that valid opinions and posts you wholeheartedly agree with receive stars too. Particularly if there is a gang of pseudoskeptics trolling the thread and throwing stars around amongst themselves!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Revelation 12:12

"Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The term "Global Village" could also be contrued as the New World Order.
[Second Line.]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join