It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Geological Survey Says Magnetic Pole Shift May Be Forthcoming!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There's an interesting site end of times forecaster on the march 15 pole shift. It states that comet Elenin was aligned with the Earth and Sun on Feb. 27, 2010. It states there was a 3 degree pole shift on that date. Interesting enough that was the day of the 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Chile. There were also 11 other 7+ mag earthquakes that day around the globe. The distance of the comet was about 6 au. On March 15, the comet is expected to be 3 times closer to the earth, so what will be the magnitude of the effects be then? It could be 3 times the previous effects or greater. I went to the usgs earthquake site and sure enough all the data was true. I also went to the jpl nasa site and the allignment was also true. This appears to be our first bit of hard evidence. Can anyone debunk this? Either way I'm prepared, are you?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BigJoninTexas

How exactly are you prepared?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Is there a possibility of a pole shift? - YES

Coming in March 15th - NO!

NASA

Reversals take a few thousand years to complete, and during that time--contrary to popular belief--the magnetic field does not vanish. "It just gets more complicated," s

Scientists have long known that the magnetic pole moves. James Ross located the pole for the first time in 1831.... In 1904, Roald Amundsen found the pole again and discovered that it had moved--at least 50 km since the days of Ross.

The pole kept going during the 20th century, north at an average speed of 10 km per year, lately accelerating "to 40 km per year," says Newitt. At this rate it will exit North America and reach Siberia in a few decades.....

Earth's magnetic field is changing in other ways, too: Compass needles in Africa, for instance, are drifting about 1 degree per decade. And globally the magnetic field has weakened 10% since the 19th century. When this was mentioned by researchers at a recent meeting of the American Geophysical Union, many newspapers carried the story. A typical headline: "Is Earth's magnetic field collapsing?"

Probably not. As remarkable as these changes sound, "they're mild compared to what Earth's magnetic field has done in the past,"

Sometimes the field completely flips. The north and the south poles swap places. Such reversals, recorded in the magnetism of ancient rocks, are unpredictable. They come at irregular intervals averaging about 300,000 years; the last one was 780,000 years ago. Are we overdue for another? No one knows....

Earth's present-day magnetic field is, in fact, much stronger than normal....

To understand what's happening...
At the heart of our planet lies a solid iron ball, about as hot as the surface of the sun. Researchers call it "the inner core." It's really a world within a world. The inner core is 70% as wide as the moon. It spins at its own rate, as much as 0.2o of longitude per year faster than the Earth above it, and it has its own ocean: a very deep layer of liquid iron known as "the outer core." .....

edit on 27-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: add

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigJoninTexas
There's an interesting site end of times forecaster on the march 15 pole shift. It states that comet Elenin was aligned with the Earth and Sun on Feb. 27, 2010. It states there was a 3 degree pole shift on that date. Interesting enough that was the day of the 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Chile. There were also 11 other 7+ mag earthquakes that day around the globe. The distance of the comet was about 6 au. On March 15, the comet is expected to be 3 times closer to the earth, so what will be the magnitude of the effects be then? It could be 3 times the previous effects or greater. I went to the usgs earthquake site and sure enough all the data was true. I also went to the jpl nasa site and the allignment was also true. This appears to be our first bit of hard evidence. Can anyone debunk this? Either way I'm prepared, are you?

Fascinating. Of course some are saying the New Madrid Fault zone is an area to be watched for earthquakes in the coming weeks.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Comet Elenin was just discovered this past December. 2010. Can you please site your source?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Everyone already knows we're in a pole shift, the kind that supposedly takes thousands of years. Thats obviously not what they mean when they suddenly came out NOW and said this. They mean an end to the pole shift.

Logic does apply.

Also, the birds and fish are dying, and we are not buying their explanations which have been LAME. The ice in the winds, almost like its being dry iced from above, or ice age type thing, is probably not natural cycle, cause I know BP did it with the Gulf Stream and they're yanking the tail of the cycles to make them worse than they should be, because they're highly annoyed that they went too far and flouridated too many brain cells, and that people are innocents, who still imagine the world is something else and their politicians are somewhat decent, and all the wars and starvation isn't the leaders fault. THey don't put two and two together, hence this huge campaign to increase the damage, encourage a die off, and try to wake people up, to the bad guys running it to try and make them feel guilty because they're negative harvest isn't happening, as Intent of heart is everything.

So this is not only about how the pole shift that has been going on for years will end but is also about them trying to make ppl feel bad, when they're to blame.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

6 months of food, water filtration system, medical supplies, bug out survival kit, lots of ammo and booze. I also have three destinations for my family, extended family, and friends to meet in case tshtf. I've studied all of the possible maps for the shifting of the earth to determine my places. Two are in cental Texas and one is in the NC mountains. My family owns land in all three locations. I've also got my entire family planned for possible evacuations as some live on the coast and others in big cities.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

What do you mean comet elenins closest point to us is in march? In august it will be 1.488A.U and only crossing the earths orbit path aswell. The closest will be around the 19th of october, and even then its roughly 36 million km from earth when it crosses the earths orbit path on the other side.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Dunno if this will work, I'm new to this and not very computer savvy.

endtimesforecaster.blogspot.com/.../comet-elenin-and-pole-shift-theory.html

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here's a little more info on the subject....en.mercopress.com...

South Georgia sits within an area where this shield is weaker due to the weaker spot in the earth's magnetic field known as the 'South Atlantic Anomaly' (SAA). In this area, radiation from space penetrates deeper into the atmosphere, which can be a hazard to satellites, spacecraft and high-altitude aircraft.

The SAA is growing and spreading westwards from South Africa as the Earth’s internal magnetic field rapidly weakens in this region. Scientists believe this may be evidence of a coming reversal in the direction of the Earth’s internal magnetic field. They do not know precisely what occurs during such reversals or how long it takes for a reversal to complete.

edit on 2/27/2011 by MissSmartypants because: fix it

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BigJoninTexas

Just had a look through that link you posted, there is nothing but rumours.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Pauligirl

Dunno if this will work, I'm new to this and not very computer savvy.

endtimesforecaster.blogspot.com/.../comet-elenin-and-pole-shift-theory.html

Here's your link...
endtimesforecaster.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by pandapowerjamie

6 months of food, water filtration system, medical supplies, bug out survival kit, lots of ammo and booze. I also have three destinations for my family, extended family, and friends to meet in case tshtf. I've studied all of the possible maps for the shifting of the earth to determine my places. Two are in cental Texas and one is in the NC mountains. My family owns land in all three locations. I've also got my entire family planned for possible evacuations as some live on the coast and others in big cities.

Yeah, I'm sure glad I don't live on the coast....oh wait...I do. I wonder how long I can hold my breath?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbydazzler

Theories not rumors. Check the nasa site and the usgs, the data is all there.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Now I am not ruling anything out at this point but it has been my past experience that when you expect something to happen it doesn't. This scenerio is plausible; the earth is a moving, breathing mass out in space. Many things can go wrong with it. When will a global catrosphe happen? No one knows for sure but what we know is global catrosphe has happened before.
We have had several extinction level events in our past. Now I am going to prepare for diaster just as a way of life but hope for the best. I remember when I was young there was a prediction of a New Madrid earthquake to happen at 12-3 1990 at 4 pm I believe. The prediction was like 1234567890; 12-3 at 4:56 pm 7.8 on richter scale in the year 1990. I prepared and took my postition in a door frame at that time but nothing happened.
en.wikipedia.org...

The problem is we can prepare for a diaster but when we start pinpointing an exact date we fall short. This whole pole shift/comet elenin on March 15 could be right but it may happen on a different date say April 5 who knows.

edit on 27-2-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by bobbydazzler

Rumors?

Perhaps your skimming needs work.

There is hard scientific proof.

Try again.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I should add that it is a theory, though, and not a fact. But the proof is layer out before us.

Only time will tell.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

proof of what happening on the 15th of march?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Phage

Everyone already knows we're in a pole shift, the kind that supposedly takes thousands of years. Thats obviously not what they mean when they suddenly came out NOW and said this. They mean an end to the pole shift.

Logic does apply.

Also, the birds and fish are dying, and we are not buying their explanations which have been LAME. The ice in the winds, almost like its being dry iced from above, or ice age type thing, is probably not natural cycle, cause I know BP did it with the Gulf Stream and they're yanking the tail of the cycles to make them worse than they should be, because they're highly annoyed that they went too far and flouridated too many brain cells, and that people are innocents, who still imagine the world is something else and their politicians are somewhat decent, and all the wars and starvation isn't the leaders fault. THey don't put two and two together, hence this huge campaign to increase the damage, encourage a die off, and try to wake people up, to the bad guys running it to try and make them feel guilty because they're negative harvest isn't happening, as Intent of heart is everything.

So this is not only about how the pole shift that has been going on for years will end but is also about them trying to make ppl feel bad, when they're to blame.

Exactly. They're not saying the pole shift is just starting and we have thousands of years before it happens. It's already been happening. We are in the midst of a pole shift at this very moment. Is it conceivable that it could reach a critical tipping point and suddenly reverse?
edit on 2/27/2011 by MissSmartypants because: spelling

edit on 2/27/2011 by MissSmartypants because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
And to all of you ....the main point of my topic was the South Atlantic Anomaly growing and it's relationship to a coming pole shift. The main point was not the supposed March 15th connection. Okay?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join