It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcision is Unnatural and should be class as Child Mutilation.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's a nice try OP. but you're not going to change people's minds - especially in the US where ignorance on this subject is gobsmackingly widespread.

I haven't read any replies to this thread yet, but I bet just on the first page there are references to uncut penises being smelly, having cock cheese (smegma), it being unhealthy, harbouring disease, a useless flap of skin, unattractive, etc, etc. OH BOY! They did a job on you guys huh?!
ALL LIES.

I'm just thankful that I live in a country where circumcision isn't the norm (as it is NOT on the majority of the planet).

I feel for those men who genuinely may have a medical condition where the foreskin needs to be removed, but that is such a tiny, tiny minority. The foreskin is NOT useless, and removing creates an scarred, mangled penis that is desensitized and gnarled.

The biggest shocker here is women - Although many people reel in horror at female circumcision in say, African countries, you would think not knowing how having a penis feels, they may take a little more care to find out information on the foreskin - but I've seen many mothers to be say they plan on getting their sons cut immediately without a thought because in their society it's deemed more attactive?!
- I wonder how they would feel about it if it was prevalent to slash open and remove the clitoral hood, leaving gnarled scar tissue and making their clitoral glands densensitized. Hey ladies, you feelin' that?!

The penis is MEANT to have a foreskin - it's functional for sexual intercourse, reproduction and pleasure. A natural penis is beautiful, and whilst a cut penis is not a deal breaker - it's a definate turn off. Keep it 100% natural guys.

edit on 24-2-2011 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I don't think we can ever really get to the bottom of human craziness, im starting to think that our entire species is a "botched job".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I didn't say you can't clean an uncircumcised penis, I said it won't stay as clean as long as a circumcised one will. So I suppose you think getting your child's ears pierced is mutilation also. Getting your boy circumcised is not comparable to the kind of sexual mutilation done to girls in some parts of the world. Most people get their boys circumcised because it IS cleaner. You might not like hearing that but it's the truth, like it or not.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984
Two things I know you simply don't do....bring up religion and or politics in a bar, and talk about people's children or their relationship with their children.

I tend to think that your hypersensitivity is the real reason we will not get any real change on this issue as quickly as we should. Parents usually do want what is best for their children. They love them. And no parent wants to think they mutilated their child for nothing.

Parents who had their children circumcised are not bad parents. They are parents who did the best they could with what they knew at the time.

The intent of threads like this should not be to put people down, or make them feel ashamed of the choices they made, or to make them feel cruel. It should be to inform, so that the same practices are not carried forward endlessly without question, unnecessarily.

I know that men dont remember their circumcision because it happens so young, and so most are not consciously traumatized by it. And I realize that a loss of sensation that young ensures that you will never know the loss, because you will never know the difference. But there really is no good argument for continuing the practice. Let the man in question decide for himself when he is old enough to do so.

But you are right, this isnt about people being horrible parents. Plato said, "no man (or woman) does evil knowingly." And I think this is true. We all do the best we know how. But there is nothing wrong with educating yourself on the issue either. I havent been a life long opponent of male circumcision, but when you look at the information, its just pretty overwhelming that this is unnecessary, and really unfair to the child.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I remember when I was very young, whenever I saw other kids that had circumcisions, it used to frighten me. Instinctually, I knew there was something wrong. However, there are literally millions of conversations, propaganda, religious beliefs, justifications that are contained within the human psyche about this issue. In terms of cleanliness - its just like cleaning behind your ears.
edit on 24-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The issue of cleanliness is also a COMPLETE fallacy.

It doesn't matter if you're cut or uncut - if you don't shower or bath daily you are gonna stink a bit between your legs, and you know - let's not even go there on the same subject area with women!

Seriously, if you have come across a guy who's smelly down there - you aren't a very good judge of character when it comes to dating, and should probably be a bit more discerning when it comes to men. Unless you have a fetish for men who don't shower

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

You only need to wash it once a day for it to stay clean and fresh smelling. I don't know about you, but in today's society I don't have trouble getting in that one shower a day. If you're going to walk around without properly bathing yourself, then no one is going to be able to smell how foul your dirty privates are over your general body odor.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask

Getting your boy circumcised is not comparable to the kind of sexual mutilation done to girls in some parts of the world.

YES it is. Please read a book, or at the very least a wikipedia article on the subject, good grief.

Your cultural bias has blinkered you to the fact that genital mutilation is damaging for both sexes.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

I dunno about that, I've had girlfriends in the past tell me there is an "odor" in uncircumcised weelies that circumcised men don't have no matter how clean the rest of their bodies are.

You know what girls are like...we discuss these "issues" over tea and scones.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask

I didn't say you can't clean an uncircumcised penis, I said it won't stay as clean as long as a circumcised one will. So I suppose you think getting your child's ears pierced is mutilation also. Getting your boy circumcised is not comparable to the kind of sexual mutilation done to girls in some parts of the world. Most people get their boys circumcised because it IS cleaner. You might not like hearing that but it's the truth, like it or not.

People wash daily. I assume you a day isn't long enough for it to become unclean.

Getting your childs ear pierced is mutilation. What kind of parent pierces the ears of their child?

Getting your boy circumcised is no different to mutilating the labia. The only difference is one is performed in a backwards hell hole, the other is performed in a Western hospital. There's no moral difference. No difference in the effect on cleanliness or disease.

You might not like hearing it but it's the truth. I suppose it's easier to stay in a state of denial than accept you tortured your child

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I first had a girl baby 16 years ago and that was easy..no big decisions to make. Then 4 years ago, I found I was pregnant with a boy. It was really just a matter of habit that I accepted that he would "naturally" be circumcised at birth. However, when I was about 7 months along, I read a small post of someone talking about the pain babies go through during and after circumcision and it was enough to make me research it more.
I read through as much information as possible and came to the simple conclusion that it is not my bodily member to alter as I see fit..especially for "cosmetic" purposes.
My acceptance of a seemingly simple post-birth surgery on my newborn suddenly made me recoil in horror as I thought of what I would actually be allowing to happen. It was a slightly more difficult matter to convince my husband but he eventually saw my point although he is circumcised and was at age 4 (He is from Tunisia and that is the norm..)
Of course I don't trash mothers and fathers that make this decision, but I do wish that people would do just a little research before allowing the surgery just because it's the "norm".
My main reasons were:
1. The foreskin is a very sensitive and nerve-laden piece of skin and studies have shown that men without it have reduced sensitivity and feeling in the area. Also it has been shown that men with an uncut member are less likely to hurt a woman during intercourse because they have full feeling down there.
2. Essentially I could not come up with a good enough reason to just mutilate a part of my son's body just because everyone else is doing it.
3. In reality, around the world, non circumcised penii are the norm.
4. If he decides at a later age to have a circumcision performed, that is entirely up to him as it is his body.
5. The cleanliness "issue" is really not an issue at all. Keeping clean all around and basic daily grooming habits should suffice.

edit on 24-2-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
**** THREAD CLOSED ****

Pending Staff Review.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join