It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcision is Unnatural and should be class as Child Mutilation.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToppDog
Where's the conspiracy here? If you want to have a discussion about conspiracy in relation to circumcisions, then why not start a thread about how the so-called woman's rights groups are too PC to forcefully speak up against female circumcision, which is not merely the removal of foreskin, but is actually the removal of the clitoris to keep women under control (the male equivalent of this would be chopping off the head of the penis).

Ummm.....Actually, it's chopping off......the whole penis.....the clitoris....is....a
penis...without the....pee, part.

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Aeon my friend, usually I feel your responses are condescending rubbish that folks brush aside due to the tone, but I have to say I have agreed with you several times on threads recently.. this one included

Just my opinion and my understanding, it is a cultural thing mainly in the US. People are used to the look and the practice.. so its justified in various ways. WHat the majority doesnt realize is that many of us in the US are from cultures that do not practice routine circumcisions and our religion has nothing to do with foreskin ( the Philistine foreskin story in the bible never fails to make me lol). Im indigenous, so dont pull the "foreign culture" thing on me
We do NOT routinely circumcise our children and only the fed medicine forced upon us has required this practice. None of my relatives are circumcised. On a side note, nor is my husband and he is white and from Nebraska. I can attest to the fact he does not stink.. and bathes. He's well acquainted with his own penis and knows how to clean it. I have no idea what kind of men some here have been with, but cleanliness of a potential partner should be pretty important before considering sexual activity and I cant imagine bragging of the stinky penises youve been close enough to to smell..

Another thing is that working in an er for a time Ive seen the complications that are not being discussed here concerning circumcision. Many parents think its snip and voila.. when its a wound that requires care.. some scar tissue and serious infection can be a lifetime burden to carry for a man. On the flip side Ive seen completely stupid parents who cant figure out how to clean a natural penis and horrendous infections occur. FOr the poster who's boyfriend had a tight foreskin.. should have went to a real Dr.. there are several procedures for that condition that do NOT require removal of the foreskin. Foreskin adhesions and tear are usually from uncleanliness and scar tissue from infections.. STD, uncleanliness etc. True adhesions or congenital issues concerning tightness are noticed WAAAAY before puberty assuming someone has ever changed their diaper or bathed them properly.

From a purely physical and physiological and anatomical point of view.. circumcision removes some of the most sensitive tissue of a male sex organ and removes the additional pleasurable sexual sensation that a foreskin provides for the man. That is not my opinion.. it is the actual construction of the penis.. and foreskin. A normal circumcised penis works like this : flaccid the head is covered by the foreskin, erect the penis looks nearly like a circumcised penis without the scar. Erection pushes the erect tissue through the foreskin. SOme here that pretend to know how "yucky" an uncircumcised penis have obviously never seen an erect one.

Ever seen an erect penis that is crooked and pulls to one side? Circumcision. The skin is way to tight to allow a full unhampered erection. I cant say I have went around smelling uncircumcised penises.. if you have.. you have more issues to be concerned with than circumcision. Ive smelled some rough stuff given my line of work, but uncircumcised penises havent been in the top 10. I can understand elderly men having an issue.. they are not being cleaned properly by the so-called nurses aids. Of course infection, fluid, and stench will occur. It does with ANYTHING hat is not properly cleaned on the body.

Thats my .02 anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

So is ear piercing, etc etc.

Fook off other people cultures. Suck it up and live with it.

Also you're kind of wrong, considering in America most people are religious, and don't care.

Honestly if you want to change the world, don't force everyone else with you.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guido the Killer Pimp

1)The tailbone
2)Tonsils
3)Wisdom Teeth
4)Appendix

A use has been found for the appendix.

www.independent.co.uk...

And more recently, researchers are just becoming aware of just how crucial those bacteria really are, affecting everything from weight to mood, to the immune system. Just because humans dont know what something does, doesnt mean it does nothing.

The tonsils, likewise, are not useless. They are part of your immune system, and they serve a purpose. The fact that you can live without them does not indicate they are useless.

The point is, that unless something is causing a problem, (like some wisdom teeth, or some tonsils, or some appendixes) you should not remove them. Our understanding of things continues to grow, and when it comes to science, we find out our understanding was mistaken, or incomplete, a LOT.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Unfortunately it won't happen, because those who support male circumcision are just mindlessly following cultural norms without giving it any critical thought.

People automatically feel disgusted at the thought of someone cutting up the female genitals, because it is not part of Western culture, despite the fact that cutting off bits of the labia and the clitoral hood are done for similar reasons to male circumcision. ie. to remove the secreting glands that may lead to infection if not cleaned regularly.

The reaction to female circumcision is the natural reaction that people should have to male circumcision, as well.
It's just that male circumcision has been part of Western culture for a while, so some people hypocritically defend it because they unquestioningly follow prevalent social and cultural norms.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thank God my parents had enough WISDOM to cut that nasty foreskin away from my pecker

If anything it made me more sexually sensitive and stopped the girls from pointing at my pecker and saying EWWWWW

why anyone would even consider challenging the practice is beyond ludicrous and just outright retarded

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Although a small issue, it can create feelings of loss and injustice among some people.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Unfortunately it won't happen, because those who support male circumcision are just mindlessly following cultural norms without giving it any critical thought.

People automatically feel disgusted at the thought of someone cutting up the female genitals, because it is not part of Western culture, despite the fact that cutting off bits of the labia and the clitoral hood are done for similar reasons to male circumcision. ie. to remove the secreting glands that may lead to infection if not cleaned regularly.

The reaction to female circumcision is the natural reaction that people should have to male circumcision, as well.
It's just that male circumcision has been part of Western culture for a while, so some people hypocritically defend it because they unquestioningly follow prevalent social and cultural norms.

Yep, you articulated much better what I've been trying to get across.

Tbh it's almost too easy debating this. It's equivelant to Mike Tyson boxing a thaledomide. The number of flaws and logical fallacies in the pro-circumcision crowd is humorous though, and makes for some light entertainment, despite the serious subject matter.

You are right on the money though. The reaction to female circumcision is absolutely the natural one. The only reason people here don't scoff at the idea of male circumcision is because of conditioned behaviour and normality.

It's the same with alot of things. Take Scientology, which is dismissed and laughed at by even your average fence-sitting agnostic, the guy who usually calls for respect to the religous and their views. Why? Because it's new and hasn't been 'normal' for thousands of years. If you actually look at it, while invalid, it's atleast more theoretically plausable and logical than say Christianity.

I guarantee if circumcision had never been invented and suddenly popped up in todays moral and somewhat advanced society, people promoting it would be ridiculed to no end. And those who performed the procedure would be jailed.
edit on 24-2-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sherlock Holmes states the words that shall end this thread.....

It's incredible how many people will accept something as ''OK'' because it is a social norm, without giving it any kind of critical thought. The only reason people are justifying mutilating a baby's penis is because it's quite commonplace in our society. Even so that, by most accepted standards of morality and logic, the practice is completely unethical.

everywhere you look there are useful idiots and cowards...Of course this is a common practice in the western world today. Of course people will herd themselves to not be judged and picked on. I embrace this holy experience of life and happily represent my natural born body in its unchanged form.

Sadly a great number of men would not see any sense or reason in my statement as they reside in the depths of useful idiots and sheep you can have any way you want with yourself but the matrix will determine your end result.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Its really not that small an issue. Particularly for those who have a botched procedure. I just ran across pictures of the procedure being performed and it really is pretty barbaric. For those comparing it to ear piercing............................its not comparable. The area in question is far, far more sensitive, and its a lot more involved than simply poking a hole.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wow, if this isn't the dumbest thread ever....does it really bother you that MY parents had me circumcised? Does it really bother you that I had MY son circumcised? Go away.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I got my son done not for religious reasons but hygienic reasons.It doesn't matter how well you clean an uncircumcised penis, it won't stay as clean as long as a circumcised penis will, and that's a fact. Most women will tell you that it also looks better.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Healthy adults don't look at an infants penis's in that way. It is about his future, his adult life. Your mindset is the only creepy thing here. If you bothered to read my last post, I realized after looking into the UK male preference, I was shortsighted about my views on the subject, you on the other hand are bound and determined to be confrontational about your opinions. You seem to be exceptionally charged by issue.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Oh but it is fine to compare it to the need for tonsils? You must be circumcised.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
Most women will tell you that it also looks better.

It looks the same when erect, circumcised or not. Testicles are pretty unattractive, should we just hack them off for aesthetic reasons as well?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
reply to post by Advantage

I got my son done not for religious reasons but hygienic reasons.It doesn't matter how well you clean an uncircumcised penis, it won't stay as clean as long as a circumcised penis will, and that's a fact. Most women will tell you that it also looks better.

I dont care why you did it. That wasnt the point of my post. I also dont care what most women think looks better. All of that is driven on cultural exposure. What youre told looks better.

Plus, its no more hard to keep it clean.. it requires bathing.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I agree with a lot of what you said in your post.

I don't see anything wrong with religious or cultural practices, just as long as they aren't affecting non-consenting participants ( unlike circumcision ).

It's hard to completely shake-off cultural or socially ingrained bias when initially forming our opinions, but I believe that people should attempt to as much as possible, and assess matters objectively.

From an objective point of view, male circumcision is pretty indefensible, and most of those who do offer arguments in support of the practice come across as people who want it to be ''OK'', and then go scrabbling around for tenuous arguments and inconclusive studies in an attempt to justify the procedure.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Nope. I can assure you, I am not circumcised. Either that or I am so circumcised they decided to raise me as a girl. Lol.

And someone else made the list of "body parts that serve no purpose." I just pointed out that some of the body parts on that list actually DO have a purpose.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
The point is, that unless something is causing a problem, (like some wisdom teeth, or some tonsils, or some appendixes) you should not remove them. Our understanding of things continues to grow, and when it comes to science, we find out our understanding was mistaken, or incomplete, a LOT.

I agree with this and the rest of your post. I would like to add a bit about wisdom teeth. There was research done by Dr. Weston Price that suggests high rate of problems people have with wisdom teeth - leading many people to have them removed - is not normal. His research suggests it is related to a diet that includes processed foods such as white flour, sugar.

A rough description of his study is... a tribe that ate their traditional diet of non-processed foods had no problems with wisdom teeth. They grew in just fine. People who had left the tribe to live in a more westernized society and consumed processed foods had a much higher rate of tooth problems, including wisdom teeth needing extraction.

I think the accepted theory that our jaw lines are getting smaller - therefor causing wisdom teeth to be impacted or abscessed or other problems to occur is bull. Wisdom teeth are awesome. I use my to chew on stuff all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join