It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this mean that we are going to war with Libya?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just saw on the cnn website that "U.S. sending officials to Europe to coordinate effort to stop "outrageous" violence in Libya, President Obama says. "

Does this mean that we are going to end up in a war with Libya?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I just saw on the cnn website that "U.S. sending officials to Europe to coordinate effort to stop "outrageous" violence in Libya, President Obama says. "

I find it funny that the day after Gaddafi says hes going to sabotage the countries oil supply and send it to the dark ages, The United States suddenly cares. Just yesterday morning Hillary Clinton sounded bored by the issue.

God i hate her

link   
Who would we be fighting? I guess old Momar is bussing in paid fighters to slaughter at will. I'm guessing EU is more worried about the oil they get from Libya than anything else.

link   
reply to post by stellawayten

stellawayten

You lot, American ( i assume your American but not obvious from your location..) have bombed Tripoli in the past with F 1-11 out of the UK............ you may as well do it again........

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is why we should keep staying out of it...it doesn't matter that thousands of people are being killed....no....to most americans its the oil were going to get.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What I'd expect from this is we'll send in troops to support the UK's and BP's oil interests in Libya by keep Gaddafi in power.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Unfortunatly most of us SOLDIERS don't want to. Why try and save another muslim country? Let em all die...maybe then the american people will quit crying oil.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

By EU you mean the majority is to italy then a very small percentage to the rest.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
US can't win no matter what they do. If we try and stop it we'll be called imperialist war mongers etc and if we sit out everybody will squeal how we sit around and let genocide occur. I say nuke Mecca.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There's some oil there. Why not?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Exactly you have no bravery lets cut you down while your away, why the hell have an armed forces and a pretty damn strong one then abuse their cause every chance you get. the politicians may be there for the oil but the soldiers aren't and they make the real changes and are the only heroes forget the TV or movie idiots whove sang a song and now they're a hero NO NO NO they're our jesters and are payed to amuse us, While our heroes do us proud

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

There probably is I second that motion

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
What I'd expect from this is we'll send in troops to support the UK's and BP's oil interests in Libya by keep Gaddafi in power.

I do believe that the US and Oxy have more of an interest in Libyan oil than the UK or BP..

www.oxy.com...

Oxy was the first American company to resume oil operations in Libya when U.S. sanctions were lifted in 2005. Oxy reentered its original producing areas after a 19-year absence and is applying advanced technologies to enhance production. In 2008, Oxy reached new 30-year agreements with Libya to redevelop and explore in its most prolific producing area, the Sirte Basin.

Interestingly Oxy almost had the same scale incident in the North Sea as BP did in the Gulf (similar volumes, but at a shallower depth, tho the incident killed 167 on the rig)

en.wikipedia.org...

However interestingly, Tharos, the Piper Alpha support rig that capped the well head before it got anywhere near disastrous proportions (aside from lost life) started the drilling the Macondo Well in Gulf but was replaced by Deep Water horizon just before the Gulf disaster..

en.wikipedia.org...

However back on topic it is interesting that the UKs papers (namely the Telegraph) is calling what is happening in the Libya "Civil War".. which does start to open the door up to intervention from external sources

Li bya: civil war breaks out as Gaddafi mounts rearguard fight

edit on 23/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

Originally posted by stellawayten

I find it funny that the day after Gaddafi says hes going to sabotage the countries oil supply and send it to the dark ages,.

sending Lybya back to the STONE AGE,, would only Put them behind, about,, two weeks..

LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Personally, I don't really care anymore. This whole mudball we call Earth is starting to make me sick to my stomach.

I've tried to keep optimistic, but to be honest it's hard to when every country is after its own greedy interest.

I'm on the verge of wiping my hands off the affairs of this World.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonetruegod
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

By EU you mean the majority is to italy then a very small percentage to the rest.

Not sure who exactly it goes to but I read they were going to cut off oil to the Med from Libya.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why would any of you think Obama would be there to help the protesters or protect them? The spark of all of this is from Wiki leaks which our gov allowed to spread. You see this global revolution is needed if they want their one world gov and destabilizing oil is the way to do it. To get a world union together this is the way to do it.
Saudi Arabia is the key, if they fall apart, oil is disrupted or at $200 a barrel oil. The administration is behind what is going on here too…..
Step back a few more steps and it will get clearer.

blacklistednews.com...

edit on 23-2-2011 by Steve8511 because: Added info

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

ive done so, why bother to be great youll end up bummed

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Who would we be fighting? I guess old Momar is bussing in paid fighters to slaughter at will. I'm guessing EU is more worried about the oil they get from Libya than anything else.

Early morning, I've heard in the radio Libya hardly represents only de 2% of the world oil demand. That's because Momar kept all the money for him, without investing to upgrade their technology.

Now Saudi Arabia said they are ready to increase their production if it's necesary to cover the deficit Libya can create. That means Momar got nothing to use against us.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

So your saying we have no bravery...after two tours, then your going to come back and say we do the right thing? We are tired of fighting for you idiots. Cry oil...yet most of you drive cars correct? We go in and help libya out....your going to say were after oil.....we sit back and say let em kill each other, and you cry how something must be done, and what is the point of having such a strong military....we have such a strong military in case our country is attacked, we don't have to worry about hyprotical idiots [snip] who will be the first ones to to run to canada.
edit on 23/2/11 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join