It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this mean that we are going to war with Libya?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I heard them discussing on the news, (The US) would assassinate him if they could pinpoint his location.

Ronald Regan tried to have him killed, but killed his grandmother and daughter instead.

It's a miserable business. Surely there is a sniper in Syria who could get him out before the whole country is destroyed.

*Shudders*. I'm talking about snipers. *shudders again*.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Your exactly right...and believe that the US or UK has a team there right now. Sometimes it takes work behind the curtain to resolve an issue like this.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Who would we be fighting? I guess old Momar is bussing in paid fighters to slaughter at will. I'm guessing EU is more worried about the oil they get from Libya than anything else.

Ah..."Opposing national forces" and "declared wars" are so 20th century: We'll just drive over and sit on the oilfields and pipelines. I said from the beginning Iraq was about getting our pieces on the board for the coming resource wars.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by stellawayten

stellawayten

You lot, American ( i assume your American but not obvious from your location..) have bombed Tripoli in the past with F 1-11 out of the UK............ you may as well do it again........

"Eldorado canyon" served under a lt.colonel with an award for that one....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I heard them discussing on the news, (The US) would assassinate him if they could pinpoint his location.

Ronald Regan tried to have him killed, but killed his grandmother and daughter instead.

It's a miserable business. Surely there is a sniper in Syria who could get him out before the whole country is destroyed.

*Shudders*. I'm talking about snipers. *shudders again*.

Sorry, this guy gave up his secret weapons program after 911 and became one of the US stooges. As an example the Press Secretary(PROPAGANDA OFFICER) wouldn't say he was a dictator the other day...
He has been on our payroll ever since.
If I'm wrong we will shot down their jets tomorrow! Watch and learn.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Steve8511

If only we actually had evidence other than "he wasn't called a dictator".

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It kinda sickens me the U.S and NATO dont actualy intervene, using military intervention when they should as apposed to inhumane and illegal wars elsewhere. Id actualy get quite a kick out of reading about a few thousand battle hardend marine commandos laying waste to whatever power base Qaddafi clings too, id also get a kick watching him swing from the gallows pole. This is what our nations militaries should be used for.

That scumbag Hague was on the news last night with Paxman

Paxman: Why dont we send in military planes to retrieve stranded Britons at airports?

Hague: Oh well you see the reason ummm we dont send in military planes, ummmm to pick up stranded brits is, well, ummm, see we need permission, yes ummmm.

Paxman: The French have did this.

Hage:Oh well yes, as you see ummmm, Briton, yes ummm well see, the problem is, ummmmm.

Yet we invade country after country for no other reason that to steal there #, but as soon as one of our assets goes completely mental we refuse to do anything?, what?

How he got away with nationalising his oil and gas ive no idea, what kinda deal did he sign lol that makes him immune. If Chavez started murdering hundreds of protesters he'd get nuked within the day for being an islamocommuterrorfascist. But Qaddafi???, wtf.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
US can't win no matter what they do. If we try and stop it we'll be called imperialist war mongers etc and if we sit out everybody will squeal how we sit around and let genocide occur.

I don't think the situation will grow that dire. My guess is that when the going gets hard, Gaddhafi will scurry away to Uruguay or something and let the people sort out their mess. He's one of your typical Arab leaders - all smack talk, but no game.

I say nuke Mecca.

Because that makes sense. Incinerate over a million people, mostly pilgrims and scholars, in a city in Saudi Arabia, because some syphilitic old despot in Libya is smacking his gums.

Next time Denmark ticks off Pakistan, maybe the Pakistanis should nuke Beunos Aires.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I do believe that the US and Oxy have more of an interest in Libyan oil than the UK or BP..

Believe what you want to.

Jack Straw admits Lockerbie bomber's release was linked to oil

04 Sep 2009 - The Justice Secretary said he was unapologetic about including Abdelbaset al Megrahi in the agreement, citing a multi-million-pound oil deal signed by BP and Libya six weeks later.

BP admits 'lobbying UK over Libya prisoner transfer scheme but not Lockerbie bomber'

15 Jul 2010 - BP said it pressed for a deal over the controversial prisoner transfer agreement (PTA) amid fears any delays to negotiations would damage its “commercial interests” and disrupt its £900 million offshore drilling operations in the region.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Why does it sicken you? As a soldier I hope we don't go over there. Why give the american people another excuse to scream baby killer? Civilian killer? Oil? If we invade, civilians will die, its war. As soon as they do, we will hear about it on here as usual how we need to leave, civilians are dying blah blah...I hope we sit back and let more struggle....maybe then americans will wake up and realize how useful we would have been.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
reply to post by Johnze

Why does it sicken you? As a soldier I hope we don't go over there. Why give the american people another excuse to scream baby killer? Civilian killer? Oil? If we invade, civilians will die, its war. As soon as they do, we will hear about it on here as usual how we need to leave, civilians are dying blah blah...I hope we sit back and let more struggle....maybe then americans will wake up and realize how useful we would have been.

Just stay out. Problem solved. Those wishing to fix the problem can gear up and go do it themselves. The libyan people are smart and will fix the problem soon enough...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

That's exactly what we should do. That way we can't be accused of going in to secure oil although wed save thousands

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Interesting monument in Libya Qaddafi was filmed given a speech from the same location this week. en.wikipedia.org...

A statue of a Fist Crushing a U.S. Fighter Plane, gold in colour, is a piece of public art in the Libyan capitol of Tripoli. The statue was commissioned by the nation's leader, Colonel Muammar Qaddafi following the 1986 bombing of Libya by United States aircraft.[1]

The statue was frequently noted in a televised speech given by Qaddafi on 22nd February 2011, in which he vowed to "die a martyr".[2]

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

While Oxy Produce 13,000 barrels a day in Libya compared to BPs almost zero.. hence my comments, Oxy and other oil companies have been in Libya a lot longer than BP and have a greater interest if the flow of oil is disrupted.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sorry,this may sound sick right now,but i hope Gaddafi´s Goons attacks some Troops that were send to help evacuate Civilians. Because than all bets will be off.

And no, i dont think there will be much of a War "against Lybia",because the only problem right now is the little bit that is still in Gaddafis control. And with all those Troops in Lybia (secretly of course),this would be over pretty soon...if he doesn´t use WMD´s,that is.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

No, we will never go to war with libya

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
reply to post by nonetruegod

So your saying we have no bravery...after two tours, then your going to come back and say we do the right thing? We are tired of fighting for you idiots. Cry oil...yet most of you drive cars correct? We go in and help libya out....your going to say were after oil.....we sit back and say let em kill each other, and you cry how something must be done, and what is the point of having such a strong military....we have such a strong military in case our country is attacked, we don't have to worry about hyprotical idiots [snip] who will be the first ones to to run to canada.
edit on 23/2/11 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

I completely agree with you. I will admit I have probably the least knowledge when it comes to politics, economy, war etc etc etc. But I do find a disturbing trend here (ATS) and out in the world today.

If "we" do nothing, people cry foul and demand to know why nothing was done.

If "we" do something, we're accused to sticking our noses in others' business or disinfo agents, or NWO, or helping TPTB, or trying to make a nanny-state blah blah blah etc.

I for one am proud of and stand behind ALL military. I don't always agree on the politicians that make the decisions to send those military personnel to different places, but you guys...the soldiers are doing what you do for the good of us all. It's so easy for us to sit behind our computers and gripe and moan, but what are ANY of US doing to help our family, neighbourhood, city, country??? Probably not putting our lives on the line...

Stay safe...

Michelle

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

While Oxy Produce 13,000 barrels a day in Libya compared to BPs almost zero.. hence my comments, Oxy and other oil companies have been in Libya a lot longer than BP and have a greater interest if the flow of oil is disrupted.

Found some more interested parties in Libya's oil.

Eni Declines as Libya Unrest Worsens, BP Stops Exploration

Eni SpA, the largest foreign oil producer in Libya, fell the most in 19 months in Milan trading, and BP Plc suspended exploration because of worsening violence in the North African country.

Eni, which produced 244,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day in Libya in 2009, fell 5.1 percent, the most since July 2009. The company said in a statement that production is continuing as normal. BP has no producing assets in Libya and is evacuating families and non-essential staff, said David Nicholas, a spokesman for Europe’s second-largest oil company.

Austria’s largest oil company OMV AG is withdrawing all non-essential staff from Libya. The Vienna-based company produced 34,000 barrels a day in Libya in the first nine months of 2010, its third-biggest production country after Romania and Austria. OMV fell 4.2 percent to 32.57 euros in Vienna.

BASF SE’s Wintershall unit, which operates eight oil fields in the Libyan desert, is making preparations together with Libya’s National Oil Corp. to reduce its production in the country and allow its international employees and their families to repatriate, the company said in an e-mail response to questions today.

Statoil ASA, the Norwegian energy producer, closed its office in Tripoli, spokesman Baard Glad Pedersen said by phone. Statoil participates in land-based oil production and exploration activities in the Mabruk field, operated by Total SA, and in the Murzuk basin, operated by Repsol YPF SA.

Repsol, Spain’s biggest oil company, is operating normally in Libya and isn’t withdrawing staff, Kristian Rix, a Madrid- based spokesman, said. Repsol had net production in Libya of 34,777 barrels a day in 2009 and has been present in that North African country since the 1970s. Repsol dropped 2.6 percent in Madrid.

RWE AG, which is working on developing fields in two concessions in Libya, has suspended operations and recommended that international employees and relatives return home, Carolin Flemming, an RWE spokeswoman, said by e-mail. Some workers returned home on the weekend of Feb. 19, she said.

Royal Dutch Shell Plc said it temporarily evacuated the families of expat workers in Libya. “We continue to monitor the situation in the country very closely,” said Kirsten Smart, a Shell spokeswoman, by e-mail.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Let's stay the HECK out of these folks' country!

Getting our families out of there - Good.
Helping out Refugees - Good.

Bombing Libya - BAD.

War is NOT a solution. It is the PROBLEM.

The Solution is to allow the Libyans to fix their own mess.
Freedom isn't worth anything if it gets handed to you on a platter, look at America today!

We should not get involved in wars in other nations. It kills MY COUNTRYMEN, for what?? Nothing!!

To all the warmongers telling the US to invade, YOU GO DO IT!

Don't you think the US of A has seen enough bloodshed the last 10 years? We are SICK and TIRED of the WAR.
Stop begging us to start Another One!!

edit on 24-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Nice digging there buddy. Keep up the good work.

I shall go review your research in depth now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join