It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]UFO Filmed by Newschannel and seen by multiple witnesses in Portland Oregon this morning at 7a

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

it crossed my mind but didnt want to sound stupid

im glad someone brought it up.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Not stupid.

Probably the likely answer, IMO.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

A 4-letter word is crossing my mind.

Anagram >>> AHOX

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by simples

A 4-letter word is crossing my mind.

Anagram >>> AHOX

*tries to figure it out*

XAHO? The Scientologists are at it again!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
has this story already been squashed by the government and the footage seized?

Indeed it has. Now all that's left to do is the memory wipes.
Say cheese : )

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You mean the radio station's call sign is really KUFO? I thought BlackGhost just made a typo when he wrote that.

BlackGhost, is the radio station really KUFO? If so I would be suspicious of a morning drive gag for sure.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
no information anywhere, all witness called the same radio station. red flag.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i dont know you guys, how many times has things like this happened before and we have called them hoaxes its getting all too familiar, is it possible the governments getting there first now makeing the radio station and the OP now look stupid?

no offence OP im not calling you stupid im defending you in a way

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
i dont know you guys, how many times has things like this happened before and we have called them hoaxes its getting all too familiar, is it possible the governments getting there first now makeing the radio station and the OP now look stupid?

no offence OP im not calling you stupid im defending you in a way

Well before we believe it fully or call it a hoax we need some more info and a little in depth analysis.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well if they were out filming for a story for the news about the weather - don't you think they need to go back to the studio and write out the piece and overdub and edit it to broadcast in the afternoon, or more likely, the evening? This was probably not a live broadcast. And now that this UFO showed up - they are going to have to make that a special piece. And yes - they will broadcast it. Why wouldn't they - these kinds of things are always great for ratings. Just wait until tonight.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What we have at this point:

- OP says: a friend was listening to the radio and some people say a news channel recorded something (an UFO), apparently there were some people calling to a radio show describing the same thing (we have no details on what they were describing)
- 6 minutes or so after the thread is posted, someone else comes up and says yeah i heard that radio show, it looks like several people were describing the same thing (we still don't get any details on what is it that they were describing, but we have a direct witness, at least someone who is able to say the radio show actually received tho calls) i have to say this, although it may be nothing at all, but this poster only has two posts in ATS, both on this thread...
- No other site, neither the radio show's web site, or the news channel site, or anywhere else on the net, can we find anything related to this.
- I asked for details to the only poster who says he listened to the radio at that time, he is offline now, no one else has any details on what the UFO looked like, no one else has come forward anywhere talking about this.

So far we have: a rumor, on a site, with nothing else to corroborate the story
So far we have: nothing

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
found this, posted on the 22nd -
www.upi.com...

VANCOUVER, Wash., Feb. 22 (UPI) -- Residents of Vancouver, Wash., reported seeing a saucer-shaped object with red and green lights hovering low in the sky, authorities said.

The lights brought several people out of their homes in the city's Clear Meadows neighborhood around 6:45 p.m. Sunday, The (Vancouver) Columbian reported.

"It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen," resident Gary Moore said.

Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Right - because if some random UFO sighting happened a few hours ago, the internet should be FILLED with threads and news and analysis and videotape already?

Granted, the digital world is very fast, but it's not THAT fast...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
about the washington sighting - they are now claiming it was Sirius.

another article about strange things in the sky in Washington state -

Weird UFO story week in Washington continues! We already told you about the (debunked) UFO sighting in Vancouver. Well, there's also the case of the mysterious metal debris that fell from the sky onto a two story apartment complex in Mountlake Terrace. Today, the origins of the panel have been solved, but the means with which it got onto the roof remain puzzling.

The Herald reports that the 23-inch by 18-inch panel of metal is actually a piece of a dishwasher.

blogs.seattleweekly.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Exactly. I'm very surprised at how many flags this has with ABSOLUTELY no proof besides the OP's word (not saying he/she is lying at all) and the claim of a radio station (and a POSSIBLE suspicious one at that, like springer said). I'll have to wait till this 'supposed' video from the actual news station is found/posted to even accept this as a true story.

It sounds all good and dandy but I'll hold further comments until I see the video or some eyewitness testimony.

Peace!

P.S. If I'm missing something and SOME evidence has been produced, then please tell me and I'll of course reevaluate my post.
edit on 23-2-2011 by changetheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Of course it's serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Come on, who has the balls to blame Sirius. Swamp gas is way better.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00
reply to post by Kaifan

Right - because if some random UFO sighting happened a few hours ago, the internet should be FILLED with threads and news and analysis and videotape already?

Granted, the digital world is very fast, but it's not THAT fast...

It was 6/7 am, we have this thread here, half a day is not fast enough? look on the net for "UFO portland February 23" and you will get this thread on at least 6th position in the results list, the rest of the results are either non related or about UFOs but from last year or other dates.

So that means the only place it has been mentioned is here, unless we find other sites later today which have earlier dates than this thread, it originated here.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Of course it's serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Come on, who has the balls to blame Sirius. Swamp gas is way better.

ohh come-on,, we KNOW it was a weather balloon ....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

you mean this one i just watched it whilst looking for stuff on this thread

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes the station is KUFO, thats the first thing i thought as well.....thats why i emailed the DJ and asked him if it was a hoax, maybe it is? I dont know, just posting what i heard this morning. Hopefully there is some truth behind it. My post was really to dig up anyone out there that might have seen the UFO, or heard the broadcast this morning and could give us more details. Anyone out there feel free to email the morning DJ there at KUFO and ask him yourself what happened. He responded right away the first time i emailed him.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Blackghost because: More info

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join