It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]UFO Filmed by Newschannel and seen by multiple witnesses in Portland Oregon this morning at 7a

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
wow people really throw flags around like nothing huh?

if you can find proof op, post it in your first post.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan

Originally posted by Blackghost
Just found this:

www.realufos.net...

They just posted it, maybe they have thier dates mixed up? I see the date is Feb 19th on the video, but it says 6pm and the description of the video says taping for a morning segment. What the hell is going on here?

edit on 23-2-2011 by Blackghost because: (no reason given)

Wait, this actually is rather weird, how some random guy on youtube got access to the tv channel footage? how come that doesn't look at all like a tv channel camera recording? if it is from the 19th, how can they mistake the date and call today reporting it to the radio station? it already happened several days ago, how come people called today? what about the other guy on this thread saying he listened this morning to that same station?

Still no other sites are talking about this, only video comes from a guy on youtube, the video is posted at 4:35 pm today on realufos, but was posted 3 days ago on youtube?

Things don't add up, at all

bingo!

That link is a setup. I was looking all day, id run a search of google at least 5 times an hour since this morning and there was not one thing about this. I get home do the same search and there is that video. That video they show is a shot of downtown portland, this sighting was from Macaddam Ave (SP) which is along ways off from there. It happened this morning between 6:30-7:00am (thats when the people were calling in) I guess it could be that dark out....but the video plainly shows its at night with the time stamp. I dont get it. Meanwhile, no word back from the morning DJ after his first email to me, and no word from Koin6 either (emailed them this morning as well) maybe its nothing, but it sure seems wierd to me. I wish to god i could hear from someone that actually saw the frikkin thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

I honestly can't believe the sharks around here or trolls rather. I believe the intent of the OP was to see if anyone else heard anything about this. Do flags and stars= money or something?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackghost

My guess is not a set up from the DJ or news station. Probably someone heard the radio reports (another poster here said they heard the reports too and it's a popular rock station) and claimed that video was it, the description under the video doesn't say anything about being from KOIN 6 News.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Another portlander here checking in.

I didn't see anything and I didn't listen to KUFO this morning BUT I do have this to say as background for those questioning whether this is a marketing stunt.

KUFO's morning show is all about Toilet humor and the morning show guys have some sort of connection with howard stern even. Ufo's as publicity stunts do not fit with how they do things. If they were talking about a UFO it's because people were seeing it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by vjr1113

I honestly can't believe the sharks around here or trolls rather. I believe the intent of the OP was to see if anyone else heard anything about this. Do flags and stars= money or something?

haha yea I never understood that myself, what exactly do they do and whats with all the weird letters under our usernames?
Off topic i know

Ill call my uncle Pinkus, he lives over that way and ill ask him if hes seen or heard anything...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone found this link yet or not, but its from NWCN in Portland.
www.kgw.com...

sorry I don't know how to add links correctly yet.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just got an email reply from KOIN 6. Oh well :/

That wasn’t us. Thanks for writing though.

Adele Steiger
KOIN Local 6
Assignment Editor
Newsroom 503.464.0614
Direct 503.464.0743
Fax 503.464.0806
[email protected]
twitter.com/KOINdesk
*Think green... keep it on the screen.

Posted At: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:29 PM
Posted To: Koindesk
Conversation: Did your camera crew film a UFO?
Subject: Did your camera crew film a UFO?

KUFO Radio was getting calls this morning from people claiming they saw a UFO and that your news station had a camera crew there. Is this true and will you be reporting on this?

Sincerely,

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sounds like a HOAX although i find it rather unsettling that it has been typecast-ed so quickly.

I agree the flags are unnecessary with out any kind of evidence?.

Things need time to filter through, especially if the only people filming the event were a news crew.

They may choose to hold onto this video and examine it a little more carefully themselves before releasing it to the public.

They may be seeking assistance from a professional or someone who has the experience.

If this is the case all it is doing is saving "The Professionals" here at ATS having to dissect the video.

But at the same time some "Professionals" here at ATS are quick to spark up if they do not get the opportunity to analyze a video to seek out if it is actually a HOAX or the real deal.

We all want what we cant have.

Maybe the media has learned a valuable lesson recently with the Jerusalem HOAX.

Never broadcast anything quicker than you can confirm it yourself, or it might just come back to bite you in the you know what.

My 2 cents

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

flagging a thread is when there's something interesting in that thread, starring a post is when you agree with someone's (said post) opinion.

in this case it was some guy claiming he heard someone saying someone else saw a ufo.

46 flags i really thought i was gonna see a ufo, instead no proof was shown THUS FAR.

hope that clears things up a bit.

edit: well there you go. it sure is unidentifiable, not proof of aliens imo, but see how this thread would have been smoother if a vid was presented in the op?

edit on 23-2-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christarella
Not sure if anyone found this link yet or not, but its from NWCN in Portland.
www.kgw.com...

sorry I don't know how to add links correctly yet.

Im' not shooting the messenger.

However, night time footage is always so vague. That could be anything.
Also how do we even know that was the sky.
Just saying. Good detective work, but it seems the pieces all don't fit well together.
48 flags, I would assume there was something more here.

Why not just subscribe to the thread?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

I wasn't unclear on the concept. It was an interesting thread TO ME, so I flagged it. In this case it was someone who heard something and wanted to get to the bottom of it, which some of us are trying to do. People were calling in to the morning show saying they saw a UFO and there was a KOIN 6 news camera crew there filming it. The OP emailed the morning DJ and the news station. By posting here on a UFO/Alien section of an internet forum we learned that another poster was listening to the radio station and heard people calling making reports. Because of the OP post I was inspired to send emails as well and got an answer from KOIN 6 news that it wasn't them. Who knew forums could be used for something other than trolling eh?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I wonder why they responded to your inquiry and not mine. Oh well, yes there is no video or even eye witnesses with this whole thread. Alot of people read this and seem like this thread tore them away from something in thier lives that was so much more interesting, they cant believe they wasted thier time here. Any member of ATS including myself has nothing better to do then be here, thats why you clicked on this thread in the first place.

edit on 23-2-2011 by Blackghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I would like to clarify a few things before things get out of hand:

- None of the videos posted on this thread are from the actual event, all of them have either different dates or different locations and recording times.
- The news station already replied and said they were not involved on this event.
- It is 10:34 pm here, and nobody has come forward asking questions or at least commenting on the internet about this, but we know some people called the radio show.
- Someone posted a fake video from the 19th saying it was from today and adding it was from a news channel, but we know that's not true because it came from a youtube channel not related to the news channel at all, plus the tv crew already said they didn't do any UFO recording today.
- The radio host said some people asked about that, but he didn't knew anything as well,

What do we get from these points? some people called a radio show, they said a news channel had captured something somewhere in portland. We found out it wasn't true. The End?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

u mad bro???

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. the op posted the claim but no evidence. i dont even care that this thread got so many flags. i can post in any thread i want as long as it's relevant.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I saw it this early this morning on KATU news but I can't find the video online. It was really colorful and similar to
www.katu.com... from 2/21 only with a pretty nice close up shot.
edit on 2/23/2011 by ReluctantBlossom because: Added

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Reading comprehension is hard. There was no claim made in the OP, just someone looking to see if anyone else had heard or seen anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
all the links posted in this thread and all the video's posted in this thread, lead to video of ufo's from different dates and different locations/citys

the ufo this threads OP is about has yet to surface a video, all we have to go on is many people were calling a very popular local radio station this morning and the dj was acknowledging that many people were witnessing the ufo, many of these people also said koin 6 news got video of it, koin has apparently denied this in an email to a poster of this thread.

i listen to this radio station also, yes they were talking about it this morning, yes it was a legit sittuation in which the dj sincerly sounded clueless, since after all he had nothing to do with it

this is one of those times when the lack of evidence is itself strong evidence, since i heard it happen over the radio i know that video should show up if not for coverup,

[off-topic comments removed]

and why are so many people whining about the flag count of this thread? what are you the thread worth police? its each individuals right to flag whatever the hell they want whether you like it or not, if you dont like it your only real option is to bug off, whining about it accomplish's nothing, its clear your trying to encourage people not to flag the thread, why bother? you actualy WANT this thread to get LESS attention? why the hell do you care it isnt that hard for you to not click on it, you must actualy want less people to see the thread, also sounds like disinfo and misdirection tactics to me.

edit on 2/24/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: [off-topic comments removed]

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackghost

I starred your post and now I'm in fear of my life.
Seriously though, I'm not sure why they responded to me and not you. Is there any possibility it was a different news station? Maybe I should email the DJ too

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

UFO Portland 19 02 2011 rutube.ru... UFO Sighting Feb 19th 2011 www.youtube.com...

Did you notice that if these clips are played on full screen you can see a very large disk shape object just above this glowing ball object. It is barely discernible. Even looks like a very faint cloud in some ways yet seems quite solid in another.

Take a peek. See if you see what I did.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join