It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]UFO Filmed by Newschannel and seen by multiple witnesses in Portland Oregon this morning at 7a

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

There is a KUFO rock station in Portland. www.kufo.com...

I checked around their website and didn't see anything posted. I also checked the morning show twitter feed and there was nothing there. Having worked in radio, I would've expected to see something about it, at the very least, on their twitter feed.

I'm gonna go with hoax.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by Springer

There is a KUFO rock station in Portland. www.kufo.com...

I checked around their website and didn't see anything posted. I also checked the morning show twitter feed and there was nothing there. Having worked in radio, I would've expected to see something about it, at the very least, on their twitter feed.

I'm gonna go with hoax.

Possibly...or maybe they are negotiating news rebroadcasting rights with CNN ???

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'd reserve judgement for a couple of days, see if it gets airtime on KOIN's evening news, or if this DJ can get anywhere with it. It would be really cool if this pans out into anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
if this was a hoax, wouldnt whoever came up with the idea would use some fake pictures or video to make their hoax more believeable? i dont know or is it just because the government has got to them and hushed them up? Interesting to say the least will keep and eye on this and do some looking of my own.

Further to add, if the government hushed it up how come eye wtinesses havent come forward with videos or pictures .. weird

edit on 23-2-2011 by ThePeaceMaker because: spelling

edit on 23-2-2011 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Maybe someone closer to this can shoot an e-mail to Mufon in Oregon? They probably would have a good idea if this is a hoax or something legitimate that is being missed, or hidden.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
if this was a hoax, wouldnt whoever came up with the idea would use some fake pictures or video to make their hoax more believeable? i dont know or is it just because the government has got to them and hushed them up? Interesting to say the least will keep and eye on this and do some looking of my own.

Further to add, if the government hushed it up how come eye wtinesses havent come forward with videos or pictures .. weird

edit on 23-2-2011 by ThePeaceMaker because: spelling

edit on 23-2-2011 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

My guess would be that unless people had equipment ready to capture it (other than the news crew) then no, might not be pictures or videos.

As for the hoaxers....they can't do they because even they need to know more info about it because if they release their own pics and videos and then it's vastly different to what eyewitness and news crew testimonies saw/caught then they'd be highly discredited and they wouldn't have much to stand on should they wish to perform another hoax in future

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the radio station could be on a desperate one for more listeners

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackghost

No offence intended, can you post the email you sent and the one you received?

As it stands, we're on 3 pages and 38 flags because your mate told you he heard a news report.

The single point of evidence to support the account is the email you received.

Please post the entire email.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I found this link of the Portland vid shot today, thought I would share.

www.kgw.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kahunahu
I found this link of the Portland vid shot today, thought I would share.

www.kgw.com...

thats in washington, close to portland about 30 minute drive away. That was shot last night i think, not this morning.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

No offence intended, can you post the email you sent and the one you received?

As it stands, we're on 3 pages and 38 flags because your mate told you he heard a news report.

The single point of evidence to support the account is the email you received.

Please post the entire email.

Thanks.

I thought something would flush out by now! guess not. anyways here is the email: Read from bottom to top.

Sent: Wed 2/23/11 10:49 AM
To: [email protected] ([email protected])

I don't know. several people have seen it and told me.. I'm still trying to figure it out

On Feb 23, 2011, at 10:39 AM, "[email protected]" wrote: > Form Name: Contact The KiddChris Show> > Submitted information : > --------------------------> > Question: Name> Answer: Dave Spencer> > Question: Email Address> Answer: [email protected]> > Question: Comment / Question> Answer:

My friend said he was coming to work this morning and around 7am he heard on your show the intern saying people were calling up saying there was a UFO on Mcaddam ave and that Koin 6 news had it on film...was this a hoax or true? >

edit on 23-2-2011 by Blackghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Will you post the reply as well?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Can you post a screenshot of the email, including reply?

Thanks man

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Will you post the reply as well?

just did....

After that email, i replied to him talking a little about it, asking him more questions but he hasnt responded.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan

Thanks man

ill do better than that, ill forward the original email to you if you give me your email address

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackghost

Originally posted by Kaifan

Thanks man

ill do better than that, ill forward the original email to you if you give me your email address

Not needed, thanks, the reason for wanting to see the screenshot is because sooner or later someone will point out how easy it is to fake plain text, so an image of the full conversation is usually better, that's how things are handled here on ATS usually, it won't take you more than a couple minutes and it will help a lot this thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
In before 50 page thread wanting to see said video capture. ;-P

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Hoax.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i've been listening to kufo for ten years, not once have they ever made mention of ufo's or anything paranormal,
they are the only rock station in portland oregon and portland has a very very heavy rock populace, i have very serious doubts that they now before or ever will have a worry about quantity of listeners to their show

there was people calling the radio station reporting this, i heard it too,

our local news stations here have always played along with government agenda, so i wont be surprised if the dont mention it one bit,

i watch many different news stations every day here, (against my will, not my tv, other person has control of channel surfing) eventualy they told me to not talk during the news cause i always point out their propaganda and i was starting to fracture their phony belief's and lie's they've come to except as their false reality,

i know portlanders are a slight bit more aware of the corruption that plagues our government and media, and i know that anyone who saw the ufo, and anyone who heard the radio broadcast will have no doubt of a coverup IF the news station does not release their video or atleast some kind of statment, which i dont expect them too,

i know you out of towners wont get that, but your not hip to the portland way of life and thought so thats ok, be skeptical, it does you good......and bad.

edit - btw not my parents, see nxt post of mine,
edit on 2/23/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
i watch many different news stations every day here, (against my will, not my tv, other person has control of channel surfing) eventualy they told me to not talk during the news cause i always point out their propaganda and i was starting to fracture their phony belief's and lie's they've come to except as their false reality,

otherwise known as being really annoying when your parents are trying to watch something.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join