It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am not going through the mess of replies, I just want to say to the OP that if they are so disgusted with abortion then they need to get off their computer and go protest or something. Please do not sit here and write titles like Genocide/Abortion, there is no difference...

The only similarity between Genocide and Abortion that I can see is it helps reduce our parasitic race from the face of the planet. The last thing this world needs is more people when we cannot sufficiently take care of the ones who are already here..
edit on 23/2/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
reply to post by MindSpin

Then I decide whether I want to stay with him? Just as, if he didn’t agree when my opinion changed he could have left me?

Again...you really aren't getting it.

Let's try again. Say you and your boyfriend have this "agreement" to have an abortion if you get pregnant.

You get pregnant and you decide "no, I want to keep it"....where is his choice in that?

Or we can do it the other way around.

Say you and your boyfriend agree that if you get pregnant, you will have the baby. And then you get pregnant and he decides..."No...I don't want a baby right now".

You are just lying to yourself trying to say men have the same choice as women do.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

No, believe me. I get it.

You feel empowered when you belittle total strangers from the comfort of wherever home is for you.

I really don’t understand that type of pleasure, but hey, we don’t agree or understand each other about a lot of things, I’m sure.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away

No, believe me. I get it.

You feel empowered when you belittle total strangers from the comfort of wherever home is for you.

I really don’t understand that type of pleasure, but hey, we don’t agree or understand each other about a lot of things, I’m sure.

No...you obviously don't because you are deflecting and dodging the questions.

If you think I am getting pleasure from people talking about killing babies like it is a casual decision akin to a financial transaction...then you are very wrong.

If anything...this thread has deeply depressed me by being remind how cold and selfish some people are....and yes...I'm talking about those that support abortions.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The intrinsic problems this discussion yields are some basic premises. You may believe life begins at inception. Many disagree. You may believe that terminating a pregnancy is murder while many do not. Many see this phenonenom as chemical, electrical reaction, cell division, and nothing more, at this point.

Your beliefs may be rooted in religious origins and others may not be. Because someone believes along religious lines they may have an unrealistic sense of "knowing" or "having" the truth of right and wrong.

If ones beliefs on this subject are rooted in religion, should we go back to the biblical rights of women? Should they be quiet in the back of the church? Should men have more than one wife? Can a man beat his wife, sell his wife, stone her? Are his daughter's property and his son's heirs?

(QUOTE) Ok...let's look at your scenario. Tell me what should happen in the following in your scenario of these two "responsible" adults.

They use birth control because they don't want a child...and oops the women gets pregnant (did they not realize birth control isn't 100%???).

So they don't want children. That's why they used birth control. That's a contract. If the woman doesn't want the baby she has every right to terminate.

So what happens if:

The women wants an abortion and the man wants her to have an abortion???

The women wants an abortion and the man wants her to have the baby???

The women wants to keep the baby and the man wants her to have an abortion???

Let me reword those.

The women doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions and the man doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions???

The women doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions and the man DOES want to take responsibility for his actions???

The women wants to take responsibility for her actions and the man doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions???

If you can't see an equality issue there...then you are lying to yourself.

They used birth control because they don't want a child...and oops the women gets pregnant (did they not realize birth control isn't 100%???). (END QOUTE)

So they don't want children. That's why they used birth control. That's a contract. If the woman doesn't want the baby she has every right to terminate.

It's her body and her choice. He doesn't get to trump her because he's male. Life isn't fair. That's the way it is, unless you want to go back in time.

What do you think is the best senerio here. Really, I'm curious. What is your answer to this senerio, in an unperfect world.

edit on 23-2-2011 by windword because: Still trying to figure out how to quote

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It's her body and her choice. He doesn't get to trump her because he's male. Life isn't fair. That's the way it is, unless you want to go back in time.

What do you think is the best senerio here. Really, I'm curious. What is your answer to this senerio, in an unperfect world.

It's a contract huh?

So you are fine with the man walking away from this women if she decides to have the baby, because she broke the contract??? So any man who uses a condom, should legally be pardoned from taking any responsibility for the child???

Is that what you are saying?

My answer to this scenario is that if a women gets pregnant, both parties take responsibility for it. I don't care if it will "ruin their life"...like you said...life isn't fair. Be responsible, have the baby, and raise it. I am fine legally forcing men to take responsibility...as long as they also legally force women to take responsibility.
edit on 23-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by Annee

You weren't responsible...you were irresponsible when you CHOOSE to have sex when you weren't ready to have another child.

It was with my husband.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Tell me what should happen in the following in your scenario of these two "responsible" adults.

They use birth control because they don't want a child...and oops the women gets pregnant (did they not realize birth control isn't 100%???).

...lets just stop right there to point out that the key words in your scenario are responsible adults...
...that means, whatever decision they make is none of your biz...

So what happens if:

...pigs fly out of my butt?...

The women wants an abortion and the man wants her to have an abortion???
The women wants an abortion and the man wants her to have the baby???
The women wants to keep the baby and the man wants her to have an abortion???

...its none of your biz...

Let me reword those.

...why?... it wont change the bottom line, which is - its none of your biz..

The women doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions and the man doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions???

The women doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions and the man DOES want to take responsibility for his actions???

The women wants to take responsibility for her actions and the man doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions???

...you said they were responsible adults but, then, state examples to the contrary... gosh, seems like you're having trouble maintaining a consistent line of thought...

If you can't see an equality issue there...then you are lying to yourself.

...says a person who cant stick to his scenario's original (and very simple) premise...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

You weren't responsible...you were irresponsible when you CHOOSE to have sex when you weren't ready to have another child.

It was with my husband.

And?

Married people can be irresponsible...I don't understand your point.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

So you're basically saying it's perfectly fine for women to choose to avoid responsibility for their child by killing it? Would you say men have the same right to avoid responsibility if they choose? A woman chooses not to abort the child, so the male has no obligation whatsoever because it wasn't his decision to keep the child. Is that correct?

A child is just as much the father's as it is the mother's, regardless if it has been in the mother's uterus.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I am fine with the man walking away if the woman decides to deliver a child. (and so are the courts, by the way) By using birth control they ARE taking responsibilty, if they don't want a baby, there are ways. POOF.

Your logic is that we are victims of biology. I disagree with you. Life does not begin at inception. There is nothing sacred about biological/chemical reactions.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

You are absolutely correct..talking about responsible adults who choose to have an abortion is an oxymoron...thanks for pointing it out

As for it being my business...sorry but I won't sit quietly while 3,500 babies are killed each day because the women are selfish irresponsible humans.

I will speak up when I see injustice...I will speak for the dead babies that never had a chance to fully experience life.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If someone found a pregnant woman and the child was under the abortion age, and if they sedated her and aborted the fetus/baby, against the will of the woman - would the accused be charged with murder, or what? If they are charged with murder, then it invalidates the abortion laws, and abortion would have to become illegal as a result. When it comes to the arguement of consciousness, even if the baby cannot feel what is happening, a human life is still being removed from existence, the overall effect is the same as murder.

In terms of the core issue of abortion, really, babies are not DVD's, you can't return them if you don't like them. In terms of the arguement of "choice" - its too late, the baby is there, even if you were raped, you cannot un-rape yourself by killing your baby.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

It was with my husband.

And?

Married people can be irresponsible...I don't understand your point.

Oh - - my pardons

I was on birth control.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
To all you self righteous men on this thread who have never been or never will experience

what a girl/woman goes through before taking the decission to have an abortion ( because

it is NEVER an easy or PAINLESS decission) and it will effect them for the rest of their

lives, and sometimes the decission is taken because they already have a severely disabled

child and perhaps other children too. However careful one is with contraception accidents

DO happen.

What are your views of viable embryo's which have been developed in a laborotory and after

IVF are surplus to requirements and are then disposed of ??

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I am not going to answer your increasing amounts of hypothetical questions because I do not want to.

You make it seem as if I followed your line of reasoning I would see the light and realize how stupid I’ve been. It’s not going to happen.

I am not the one who has to make peace with themselves about this issue.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I am fine with the man walking away if the woman decides to deliver a child. (and so are the courts, by the way)

HA...that made me laugh.

By using birth control they ARE taking responsibilty, if they don't want a baby, there are ways. POOF.

Poof??? Snuffing out a unique human being is just poof???

I take back my earlier comment...I do feel sorry for you...to be so cold and heartless...I truly feel sorry for you.

Your logic is that we are victims of biology. I disagree with you. Life does not begin at inception. There is nothing sacred about biological/chemical reactions.

Technically...we are all still biological/chemical reactions...so do you think murder should also be legal??? As long as the person you are murdering is a hardship on you???

I love when the conversation takes this turn...this is where the illogical remarks really come pouring in.

And btw...there is no consensus on when life begins...but I tend to look at it from the point of conception (not inception) when a unique human DNA is formed. This is NOT part of the women's body...it is a unique human being.

But like I said to many others earlier...whatever allows you to remove your guilt and makes you sleep better at night...more power to you. Lying to yourself is a powerful sedative.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have not the body for pregnancy.

I have been exposed to many highly toxic chemicals as well as radio hazardous materials.

I'm in a weird spot here.

I *cannot* be pregnant. The result would literally be - Godzilla.

No one will tie my tubes though, docs say you're too young or "might change your mind".

I am up over 80 rads here. It's pretty scary when docs don't even know what that means.....

I support all my Sisters here who have had to do what they had to do - for the best outcome for all.

Others need to understand too - sometimes it has nothing to do with the "mother's selfish wishes" - but that the CHILD would be born very sick and deformed. Do you wish such a life on someone?

And what about KNOWINGLY - bringing such a life into this world? Where it will never have a normal life, and be sick, and in pain -

How is that right?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Abortions can save the mothers life.
Genocide puts an end to all life.

Abortion is about a woman have the free right to choose.
Genocide puts an end to all rights.

There are many differences if you choose to open your eyes.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Both human genetic engineering and abortion are in the same league when it comes to evil. It originates from a mechanistic perception of life, the idea that we are just machines and not living beings with souls. Really, no offense, but most of all the pro-abortion and other arguements for abortion are just propaganda, it takes a lot of brainwashing to erase the guilt of performing one of the most unnatural things that can be done in the realm of living creatures. Can you imagine, would an animal even think of "abortion", really, the whole concept is just another incredible facet of human de-volution.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join