It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
There are no emotions in that post.

I you are reading emotions into it - - - they are your emotions.

Can you explain your idea regarding mandatory paternity testing a bit more clearly please? How would it work? Who would be tested?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

THANK YOU! I wouldn't have an abortion but I certainly DO NOT want to take that option away from the meth head drunk down the street that sleeps with every tom, dick and harry for more drugs.

Do I think people should be more responsible and use bc correctly, YES!
I don't think that for most women abortion is an easy answer..I know many friends that have taken days and weeks struggling with all the options..plus it stays with them the rest of their lives and especially haunts them when they do have children they keep.

How MANY children did the op say he has ADOPTED??? I missed that one..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
I am surmising that the OP is male, if so he has no idea about a woman and an unwanted pregnancy.

Men are not left holding the baby, they can walk away without a care in the world.

Before abortions were legal many women used back street abortionists and died.

Why don't men put something on the end of it until they know they are in a long term relatioship?

Saying that I don't agree with abortion for something like a hare lip or club foot.

Until men take responsibility women will have abortions.

The OP is may be male but I am not.
Back street abortions were mostly conducted by doctors, and women still die from legal abortions today.
Women still have abortions when they are in long term relationships.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

There are no emotions in that post.

I you are reading emotions into it - - - they are your emotions.

Can you explain your idea regarding mandatory paternity testing a bit more clearly please? How would it work? Who would be tested?

That's pretty clear. After baby is born - - mother names father - - father is tested.

Ever watch those shows: "He's my baby's daddy". Many times the man (even husband) is not the birth father.

DNA testing absolves as well as proves.

Also if a man is the birth father he can demand the test as well.

It takes two to make a child. Both must be responsible for that child.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by Annee

Wow...you have clearly let emotions take over your thoughts...I know this because there is not one shred of logic in your post.

There are no emotions in that post. I you are reading emotions into it - - - they are your emotions.

You're hilarious. I'm not giving you the response you want - - - so its "not worthy". (couldn't resist)
edit on 23-2-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Ok...don't try to clarify your point...makes no difference to me.

Next time don't try to bring up some ridiculous point if you aren't even able to clarify it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

That's pretty clear. After baby is born - - mother names father - - father is tested.

That sounds simple, unless it's a long list of candidates, or she doesn't want the real father involved (in which case she will not identify him).

Ever watch those shows: "He's my baby's daddy". Many times the man (even husband) is not the birth father.

No.

A man can only help make a lump of tissue that a woman can unilaterally throw in the garbage for absolutely any reason. Only the unilateral choice of a woman can result in a child.

edit on 23-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

DNA testing absolves as well as proves.

Also if a man is the birth father he can demand the test as well.

And then when they find out who the real father is...he can CHOOSE if he wants to be responsible for the baby....right...RIGHT???

You know...just like the women can CHOOSE if she wants to take responsibility for her own choices.

Equality and all that stuff.
edit on 23-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I really want you to consider the men and women in relationships that are responsible and use birth control in order to not have a child.

And then they get pregnant.

It really does happen.

These are some of the people who choose to have abortions.
edit on 23-2-2011 by worlds_away because: clarified last sentence

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I answered your question more then once - - to my satisfaction.

You are now bordering on bullying - - because you did not get the answer you want.

. . . . back to thread topic.

I fully support Women's Right to Choose. I support a fetus is viable outside the womb* - - no it is not murder or genocide.

* don't go all nit-picky and technical that once a fetus is removed it is also outside the womb. You know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Next time don't try to bring up some ridiculous point if you aren't even able to clarify it.

...ridiculous point without clarification?...

...you mean ridiculous like your post calling ALL women who have an abortion TRASH?...

...yep...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
I really want you to consider the men and women in relationships that are responsible and use birth control in order to not have a child.

It really does happen.

These are also people who choose to have abortions.

Men don't choose to have abortions. The choice to have an abortion or to create a baby is the unilateral choice of a woman. Why anyone thinks a man should be held responsible under threat of jail for the result of a woman's unilateral choice is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

I gave you a direct response to Paternity DNA testing.

Now you want to add other components to the question.

Sorry - - - not interested.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I believe earlier the better with abortion is acceptable if certain criteria are meant. I don't believe for a second that abortions are black and white judgment calls. However, I will go on the record saying that I am not a supporter of late term or abortions out of wanting to avoid the responsibility for actions.

However, health issues with individuals abound or in the case of rape, I feel it is acceptable.
--------------------
As far as only supporting it if the mother could die....I just want to throw a hypothetical your way. No judgments, no hate on my end, even though you may label me as a child murderer-supporter.

I had a friend who was just out of high school brutally raped at a park by several college age men, who were never identified. She was impregnated by one of the rapists. I'll throw in that It was not some ploy to cover up her having sex or a stretching of the truth, as I was very close to her, and with my other friend thrown into the equation, we were always together. Anyway, she was jobless and looking for work prior to the attack, her mother was a min. wage worker at a supermarket and her father was dead.

Would it be "acceptable" for her to get an abortion? Having a child wasn't a decision or effort on her part. She could not provide a quality of life to the child. There was no father and no chance of a father figure appearing. She was unjustifiably attacked walking through the park one day in a small country town.
-----------------------
In this case; she was also very frail and petite before the rape, almost looking sickly at times, I remember I could throw her over my shoulder easily and run across the house with her if I wanted, to help illustrate how small she was. I have no idea if she carried the child full term, or even if she could. After this incident, she locked herself at her mothers and I've just recently gotten back in touch with her after a few years (I moved out of town about 2 years after her attack and she was unreachable by her own choice past that point, it's now been 5 years). She has a child now, but is also married.
Where does the judgment lie on issues such as this? What if your child was raped and not in a position financially or mentally to be a parent?

Personally, I feel that if it is as early as possible and circumstances such as the one above are around, it should be an acceptable occurrence.
---------
Also, I'm sorry if I rambled, I just get a lot of looks for being someone who supports/disregards it based solely on case by case judgments.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SweetRevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Are you trying to tell me that my boyfriend and I didn’t have a conversation about sex, birth control, abortion, adoption, you name it, 6 years ago?

And at that time I didn’t decide that we were a match and that the relationship could proceed?

You are trying to tell me I had that conversation all by myself?

It really, really comes down to one simple thing... responsibility.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I should start by saying I am very much anti-abortion

No, really?? I'd have never guessed by the utterly ott thread title!

I'm all for personal choice myself. The only exception being using abortion as birth control.
Educating people to not get pregnant without wanting to is the key, not blowing up clinics and innocents to "prove they value life"....

Life is a priviledge, not a right.

"Genocide"...yeah...whatever. Tell me that again after you've had your whole extended family massacred for being the wrong kind of human - then compare that to an abortion. It's so obvious you have no idea, coming out with such drivel. Ugh.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So has one male in this thread said they support and would take a DNA Paternity test - - and take responsibility for the child if it were his?

Nope! I think I hear their clod hoppers heading to the "Far Away Woods".

They're only focus is to take a Right away from women.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I gave you a direct response to Paternity DNA testing.

Now you want to add other components to the question.

Other components to the question?

I just pointed out why it wouldn't be as simple as you portrayed it... sorry, I guess... lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away

It really does happen.

These are some of the people who choose to have abortions.
edit on 23-2-2011 by worlds_away because: clarified last sentence

Ok...let's look at your scenario. Tell me what should happen in the following in your scenario of these two "responsible" adults.

They use birth control because they don't want a child...and oops the women gets pregnant (did they not realize birth control isn't 100%???).

So what happens if:

The women wants an abortion and the man wants her to have an abortion???

The women wants an abortion and the man wants her to have the baby???

The women wants to keep the baby and the man wants her to have an abortion???

Let me reword those.

The women doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions and the man doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions???

The women doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions and the man DOES want to take responsibility for his actions???

The women wants to take responsibility for her actions and the man doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions???

If you can't see an equality issue there...then you are lying to yourself.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You clearly don’t understand that these things should be discussed BEFORE having sex, no?

And if they don’t agree... well, maybe they should just go without.
edit on 23-2-2011 by worlds_away because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If someone could prove I had a child out there, which they won't because I'm on speaking terms with all my exes and have been in a committed relationship for years, I would take full responsibility for my child.

Maybe I've missed something, but it just seems like an exaggeration. I do know a lot of guys however that were for either 1) Bailing and fleeing state (actually had a buddy who went state to state knocking up women and running ...I don't talk to him anymore) or 2) suddenly turned pro-abortion when they found out they had a little bundle of joy on the way.

That said, I do have some outstanding friends who did the right thing and stayed. Though that should be the norm and not the exception.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join