It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by MindSpin

Sex is usually entertainment and comfort, hardly ever procreation.

Are you serious? You view sex as something purely recreational and try to ignore the primary function of creating life? It doesn't work that way. Anything you do, whether it be for "fun" or otherwise, comes along with consequences. It's very disheartening that the mainstream attitude has come to this. We're definitely in the final stages of an empire.
edit on 23-2-2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

There really is no use arguing with extremists, people.

So true...not sure why I waste my time trying to argue with people who think murdering a baby is a viable solution to a life situation.

Can't get more extreme than killing babies now...can ya???

I'm sure Mindspin has adopted all the millions of unwanted children, in the US alone, to care for, feed, nurture and rear, so let's stop trying to rationalise with him, eh.

Rationalise with me??? Could you please provide an example of someone doing so???

And yes...I forgot...I can't speak up for murdered babies unless I adopt all the children of the world....silly me.

I mean, someone so passionate as to repeatedly attack others for daring to have opposing views, surely must take actions that back up their stance by adopting as many unwanted children as they can, so as to lessen the burden on an already fragile society from the non-abortions he demanded!
Or maybe he just want's them alive but doesn't care about them after that...I don't know.

Right..right....yeah I see that me wanting women to be responsible for the choices they make means that I should have to adopt all the children of the world...yes...that makes perfect sense.

Oh yes, and the old tried and true "pro life people don't care about kids after they are born"...You are like a playbook of pro-choice talking points.

Please continue.

There will always be those who cannot agree to disagree. And it's always the ones that think they're better than others.

I do admit...I do think I am better than people who kill babies.

Guilty as charged.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If you were truly Left Wing - - You would support Equal Rights and Right of Individual Choice

LOL...hilarious...now you are dictating who is a true "left winger" huh???

I consider myself in general liberal...abortion is one of the issues I am not "liberal" on.

Imagine that huh...I think for myself and don't think I have to subscribe to each and every talking point of the Left or the Right.

LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Cool, I agree, but no legislation. Do we legislate murder? Sure...is abortion a theological/philosophical problem more than a legal one? You bet it is and that is why it must not be legislated. I am pro life but would never condone federal or state control of peoples lives. While murder applies to people, it is a philosophical quagmire that is not to be legislated. Education, as always, is the answer.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by MindSpin
I still don't see how this justifies the murder of you own child.

That is YOUR belief.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Well yes...since I typed it...it is my belief. That is kind of how this whole discussion board thing works.

It is my belief that women that have had abortions have killed their child. It is also my belief that they go to extreme measures in trying to justify that murder...because if they would admit that they killed their child...they would feel guilty.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I did not kill my child, I terminated an unwanted pregnancy within legal guidelines. I killed no person!

A virus has a full sequence DNA, not human DNA, but DNA. Every living thing has DNA, do you think every living thing is sacred? Do you think babies come from god or chemical/biological reactions?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by ALadInsane

It is mass killing of the unborn child, I would call it genocide, its sanctioned by the state.

And I have already addressed the issues of rape. I mean you say it like every abortion is as the result of rape that is not true. I do not recognise that as a valid argument as to why abortion should be legal for all up to 24 weeks.

I would have to agree here, abortion up to 24 weeks is a CRAZY rule...there is just NO need for it to be so long. As you rightly said in your OP, it is a perfectly formed child...at 24 weeks you are already 6 MONTHS pregnant. If people are using the argumant of...what about rape victims this and asualt victims that then answer this...

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WAIT UPTO 24 WEEKS FOR THE ABORTION?

Get it done sooner...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

Sex has been used for our entertainment way before whatever god you people praise was around. Not everyone believes what you believe so just get over it.

Things like this are ok for you but not me.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Here we go again.

First of all don't bring religion into it if you’re going to turn around and say it has nothing to do with your decision. Second this sounds like you’re very interested in what others do with their lives and bodies. People should be more worried about their own life than what others decide to do to theirs. This is 2011 not 1 B.C. people have the right to choose their own lives and fate. That’s the problem these days everyone wants to stick their noses in other people’s business because they have no life of their own. Mind your business when it comes to the matters of others. A good man wants to raise a family have a good job and a fair home, an evil man wants to rule and oppress the others. You decide, do you want to rule other people’s lives or you're own? What gives you the power to decide what others should do? I have seen the pictures, I have heard the stories, I have been there for a friend who went through it and needed to be comforted after and not be judged. People make mistakes, and unless its murder or rape they should be forgiven and allowed to rejoin society as long as they can show they want to participate in it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Well yes...since I typed it...it is my belief. That is kind of how this whole discussion board thing works.

It is my belief that women that have had abortions have killed their child. It is also my belief that they go to extreme measures in trying to justify that murder...because if they would admit that they killed their child...they would feel guilty.

Well there you go.

I have no need for any justification.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

I support abortion due to the simple fact that what a woman decides to do with her body is her business. I cannot see how that makes me or the woman a child killer. Every woman I have known that has had an abortion(3) was emotionally devastated afterward. The last thing they need is to be labeled a murderer by people who disagree with her actions. In fact, people who verbally attack women who have abortions are the true problem. They are manipulating a woman's anguish to forward their own personal views on morality, which is hypocritical.

An embryo or a fetus is not a child. While in the womb, it is evolving into a child and is completely dependent on the biological processes of the mother for survival.

In my mind, the most important aspect of this debate is that if you are not the expectant mother or father then the situation is not your affair. Leave them be and allow them to make a choice without outside interference. No one should force their beliefs onto others. At it's essence, forcing unwilling women to adhere to the anti-abortionist mentality is no different than radical Islam forcing Sharia onto an unwilling population.

This is the true cruelty. Forcing beliefs onto others is as morally decadent to me as abortion is morally decadent to you.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Also since the OP insists on using inaccurate language murder is defined as " an unlawful killing" abortion is legal, period. it is therefore not murder at all.

MEN stop telling WOMEN what to do with their bodies!!!! an unborn is not a citizen of the USA anyhow...read the 14th amendment...no rights at all.
if you wanted frog soup and i brought you a bowl of boiled tadpoles would you be okay with that? according to you they are the same thing.

BTW I am a father of three children, my exwife had been barren and had suffered 5 miscarriages prior to meeting me.
I love my children, when she was pregnanat with my last child I told her this;

I love you hun and I will support whatever decision you make. If you decide to terminate, I will be by your side the entire time, if you decide to keep it, I will love it forever. It is your choice it is your body.
(the entire time she was insisting that I did have a say, she was awesome, both her parents attempted to coerce her into an abortion and attempted to get me to join in their cause. I am pro choice and I am proud to support a womens right to control her own body.

She did keep her, and I do love my daughter Iris with every bone in my body. However even in retrospect I wouldn't change a word of what I said.
edit on 23-2-2011 by CaDreamer because: additional info

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206
reply to post by HarmonicNights

Sex has been used for our entertainment way before whatever god you people praise was around.

I'm agnostic. You make non-believers look bad when you say that you must be religious in order to oppose senseless murder. That's also a very dangerous message to send out to the young and impressionable. Part of my point was to use past empires as an example- the constant indulgence in luxuries i.e sex.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

For the first seven months from conception the feotus? embryo? are incabable of surviving

out of the uterus, and depending solely on the female carrying it so without the support

of the mother it will NOT survive therefor on technical terms it is a parasite. However if after

giving birth the mother walks away not giving it the care and attention it requires it will die

now that would be murder because it could have survived, i go back to what i said earlier

prior to that it was technically a parasite so how could it be murder.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I did not kill my child, I terminated an unwanted pregnancy within legal guidelines. I killed no person!

Well...we disagree. Like I keep saying, whatever helps you sleep at night.

A virus has a full sequence DNA, not human DNA, but DNA. Every living thing has DNA, do you think every living thing is sacred? Do you think babies come from god or chemical/biological reactions?

Which is why I said unique HUMAN DNA.

And yes...I do think all living things are sacred...I attempt not to kill anything that isn't harming me or my family. A virus is harming me...I will kill it.

I'm fully aware of how babies are created...I think it is you who needs to distort those facts so you can continue believe you didn't kill your baby.

Let me put it this way...my conscience is clear no matter what way it is defined. It is YOU who need to play with the semantics to justify your actions.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

For the first seven months from conception the feotus? embryo? are incabable of surviving

out of the uterus, and depending solely on the female carrying it so without the support

of the mother it will NOT survive therefor on technical terms it is a parasite. However if after

giving birth the mother walks away not giving it the care and attention it requires it will die

now that would be murder because it could have survived, i go back to what i said earlier

prior to that it was technically a parasite so how could it be murder.

Oh yes...the "parasite" rhetoric. Another way to attempt to make the child non-human so it is easier on womens conscience.

Your logic makes no sense...the unborn child would of also survived if the women didn't kill it first.

I can't say it enough...whatever makes all you people sleep better at night...because you HAVE to have these alternate definitions...because saying "I SUPPORT KILLING BABIES" would make you feel like a horrible person...and if the shoe fits....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Have the men here gone through an unwanted pregnancy and the repucusions...doubt it...abortion is not an easy choice.

I say again if men put something on the end of it there wouldn't be so many unwanted pregnancies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Hahahahaha, WOW. I was going to stay out of this topic aside from my only post about how abortion is okay during the first trimester, but you went ahead and said a baby up to seven months is a parasite

I can see it now:

"Mommy, where did I come from?
"

"Well my darling child ,you were a parasite in my belly, a virus that was using me as a host for a possibly nefarious purpose, I should have gotten my medication, but I didn't and wallah, you came forth my child
"

I'm sorry, it seems crude, but it seems kind of cold to say that (and i'm quite a cold character).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Have the men here gone through an unwanted pregnancy and the repucusions...doubt it...abortion is not an easy choice.

I say again if men put something on the end of it there wouldn't be so many unwanted pregnancies.

If men put something on the end of it???????

I'm guessing as a female you couldnt say NO?

Or

You couldnt take some kind of contraception or possibly even the morning after pill?

This aint just the males fault. Its as much the females fault.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by kevinunknown

An embryo or a fetus is not a child. While in the womb, it is evolving into a child and is completely dependent on the biological processes of the mother for survival.

Babies and young children are dependent on others for survival. So are some of the disabled. Does that make them "not human"? By your logic, it was perfectly fine for Casey Anthony to murder her young child.

At it's essence, forcing unwilling women to adhere to the anti-abortionist mentality is no different than radical Islam forcing Sharia onto an unwilling population.

No one can "force" another adult to change their mentality. If a woman feels guilty over an abortion, it's certainly not because of anti-abortionists. Infanticide is similar to the treatment of slaves and Jews in the past. Laws are passed to dehumanize them in order to justify their murder. Children are no longer valued in our society, which is a shame seeing as they are the FUTURE.

This is the true cruelty. Forcing beliefs onto others is as morally decadent to me as abortion is morally decadent to you.

Passing laws that dehumanize the unborn is certainly "forcing" a set of beliefs on the entire population. Sorry that some people don't wish to sit back with a smile on their face while infanticide is taking place. 46 million innocent lives have been lost since the 70's.

edit on 23-2-2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join