It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

I am fed up with all the moaning about men. They are not the only ones who think this is wrong. I am all for womens rights but I think abortion is harmful to women and not the quick fix that it is made out to be. Those who have abortions have to live with the guilt and memories and "what if".

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

Why would non-believers care? Why should they worry about people aborting unborn children? Finish out whatever life they want and die, that's it for them. For non-believers there is no punishment after you die for murder, rape, theft etc etc. Sounds to me if there is a non-believer that cares then maybe he/she is lying to themselves about what they truly believe.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by kevinunknown

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

I support abortion due to the simple fact that what a woman decides to do with her body is her business. I cannot see how that makes me or the woman a child killer. Every woman I have known that has had an abortion(3) was emotionally devastated afterward. The last thing they need is to be labeled a murderer by people who disagree with her actions. In fact, people who verbally attack women who have abortions are the true problem. They are manipulating a woman's anguish to forward their own personal views on morality, which is hypocritical.

An embryo or a fetus is not a child. While in the womb, it is evolving into a child and is completely dependent on the biological processes of the mother for survival.

In my mind, the most important aspect of this debate is that if you are not the expectant mother or father then the situation is not your affair. Leave them be and allow them to make a choice without outside interference. No one should force their beliefs onto others. At it's essence, forcing unwilling women to adhere to the anti-abortionist mentality is no different than radical Islam forcing Sharia onto an unwilling population.

This is the true cruelty. Forcing beliefs onto others is as morally decadent to me as abortion is morally decadent to you.

1. Its their own body but its NOT their life to take away.
2. You HONESTLY cant see how killing a child makes you a child killer???? You need to go back to school...
3. If the people you know were SO emotionally traumatised than WHY DO IT....WHEN ITS THEIR CHOICE AS YOU SO ELEQUENTLY PUT IT???? Maybe its because deep down they know they have killed a baby.
4. Babies can be born at 24 weeks and live...NO PROBLEM, to say its still a fetus is the most rediculous part of your thread...no wait its the bit about killing a child and not realising it makes you a child killer...

At the end of the day, people choose to have sex for pleasure and they end up creating life...if your so concerned about abortion, the law and whatever else pertaining to the subject...DONT HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206

Why would non-believers care? Why should they worry about people aborting unborn children? Finish out whatever life they want and die, that's it for them. For non-believers there is no punishment after you die for murder, rape, theft etc etc. Sounds to me if there is a non-believer that cares then maybe he/she is lying to themselves about what they truly believe.

just because someone is a "non-believer" doesn't mean that they lack compassion for life.
Are you kidding me?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Are you crazy?
You're basically saying that one has to be religious in order to oppose murder, rape, ect.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I suggest you look up the defination of parasite ( technically valid) And although babies do

survive sometimes at six or seven months gestation it is never without a lot of medical

intervention, and then more often than not they have complications in life.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

I suggest you look up the defination of parasite ( technically valid) And although babies do

survive sometimes at six or seven months gestation it is never without a lot of medical

I suggest you look up the definition of "child" and "murder".

Put those two together...and you have what I think of people who get abortions.

Oh no...they might have complicaitons in life....well...let's just kill them. Honestly...your logic is hilarious.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

Total BS...go check your facts or work in a peadiatric hospital where you encounter this regularly...

The child needs intervention for feeding and to make sure there isnt failure to thrive if all goes well then a child will be released with no medical problems

edit on 23/2/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rudeboyrave

just because someone is a "non-believer" doesn't mean that they lack compassion for life.
Are you kidding me?

I agree with rudeboyrave, are you kidding me?

Actually that sais something quite bad about you (NoClue206). Are you saying that you need the fear of a punishment to actually not harm another human being? You actually need FEAR to not HARM another human being. That sais a lot about you actually, so if there was no punishment, you would run rampant harming people mindlessly?

I am an Atheist, and guess what; I don't need the fear of punishment, whether from a God, or from a law, to just "feel" a bit of empathy to another person so much so that I sometimes have too much patience in that I let people abuse me verbally to a certain point (they are provoking me for violence) in which I ofcourse give them what they want.

I won't say anymore so I don't divert the topic to one about religion.

reply to post by eletheia

Yes, I looked up the definition of a parasite while writing, just to make sure my memory was still fresh
. While a baby may need quite a bit of medical intervention if born early, it leads to few other questions:

Should medical intervention be used in any case against an individual that cannot survive on it's own for a set period of time?

Should a person who sustained an injury and cannot survive for a few weeks without medical intervention and machines until he/she regains the ability to do, be removed from the machines simply because he/she cannot survive on her/his own?

I'm sure you would say yes to the first question, and no for the second question. ( I hope, atleast)

This is the beauty of our technological advancement, we are no longer restricted to the limitations of our bodies as much as we were before. I hope you understand my point; just because an individual may need a machine to survive temporarily (until better) does not mean the individual does not deserve life.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Just reading first post so if I miss a few things in the thread. Ah well.

For me, I don't like the thought of abortion used as a contraceptive. However, in cases where
-For medical safety of the mother
-mother was raped, drugged, victim of incest, or any other form of molestation
I believe that their is a right to abortion since it was not the woman's choice to carry the child (rape scenario) or it would kill her to (medical safety). That's my opinion. However I do support a womans right to chose what to do with her own body. The child ain't paying rent, isn't outside the womb to get adopted, could cause trouble at work and home. So about as much right to live as a tumor. I know, I seem split between pro life and pro choice. I'm just saying I'd rather see the option on the table rather then have it illegalized. Especially because of above scenarios.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So OP, what are your views on Catholic pedophilia?

link   
All so "pro-lifers" are really controll freaks using your twisted logic and masquerading as do-gooders.

You want to Force women to be pregnant.
By so doing you violate her human rights.
All your arguments are moot.

Forced Pregnancy is and international crime.

"The term "forced pregnancy" has been repeatedly used in the UN system. The need for a particularly effective response to this crime is articulated, for example, in the documents adopted by consensus at the UN conferences in Vienna and Beijing. As recently as April, l998, the UN Commission on Human Rights reaffirmed that forced pregnancy is among the gravest violations of humanitarian and human rights law."

www.iccwomen.org...

link   
...the only thing thats been proven on this thread is that misogynists can be shown the truth but we cant staple their eyelids open (cuz its illegal, dangit)...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by furzball

Just reading first post so if I miss a few things in the thread. Ah well.

For me, I don't like the thought of abortion used as a contraceptive. However, in cases where
-For medical safety of the mother
-mother was raped, drugged, victim of incest, or any other form of molestation
I believe that their is a right to abortion since it was not the woman's choice to carry the child (rape scenario) or it would kill her to (medical safety). That's my opinion. However I do support a womans right to chose what to do with her own body. The child ain't paying rent, isn't outside the womb to get adopted, could cause trouble at work and home. So about as much right to live as a tumor. I know, I seem split between pro life and pro choice. I'm just saying I'd rather see the option on the table rather then have it illegalized. Especially because of above scenarios.

You have to be the most ignorant poster on this thread...your saying a child is like a TUMOR? What???

You know what i cant argue or debate this with someone who has a clear disrespect for life as you appear to have...

I hope one day your not blessed with a child if this is your attitude to them...
edit on 23/2/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gr82m8okdok

The same as all paedophilia and its wrong and not uniquely catholic. All paedophiles just be brought to justice regardless of their religion, religion should have nothing to do with it. You are clearly just attempting to provoke me, its not going to work.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
All so "pro-lifers" are really controll freaks using your twisted logic and masquerading as do-gooders.

You want to Force women to be pregnant.

This is THE most asinine talking point used by pro-choicers. There are only TWO people responsible for a pregnancy. Most women who have abortions made the conscious choice to allow a male to plant his seed in her. They got themselves pregnant. STOP talking about women as if we're helpless children who have no sense of control or responsibility. I'm sick of it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekyone
reply to post by dizzylizzy

I am fed up with all the moaning about men. They are not the only ones who think this is wrong. I am all for womens rights but I think abortion is harmful to women and not the quick fix that it is made out to be. Those who have abortions have to live with the guilt and memories and "what if".

You've got it in ONE ...YOU may think it is harmful to women,but THEY have to live with their

regrets or guilt or whatever. I dont think one of these women are asking YOU for approval I think

they are adult and responsible enough to make their OWN DECISSIONS with out your views or

interferience. Live and let live .

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

My body, I decide if I support life within it or not. Nothing you can do about it...
Suck it up princess

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The thing in regards to abortion that totally mystifies me is all the excuses that people use to justify “murder”.
Try using those excuses after a baby is born and it won’t hold water. Therefore why don’t these apply to a fetus: Living human being with human DNA. Just as much of a baby in the womb as out of the womb.

Back alley abortions should be seen just as much of a criminal offense as murdering a born baby. Any abortion should be a criminal act unless deemed necessary via a physician. Go to jail do not pass go. “1st degree murder.

I have only ever seen one REAL good reason for an abortion and that was due to a disease that the fetus had no chance of survival due to no kidneys and mortality was 100%.

When they meet their maker and their unborn fetus they murdered, May God Have Mercy on Their Souls. I do believe the souls crying for justice are those un-countable unborn souls. Those who think they can drive in the middle of the road and side step this horrific GENECIDE (even if there are those who think it isn’t) think, if Caesar washed his hands of Jesus’ crucifixion, but did that remove his share of the guilt?

This is the one act the human race does that totally shocks me. There is no way in my thinking or my heart that I could possibly understand the excuses people make to justify murdering a LIVING human baby.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

"live at let live"

Think that's not what you mean. Live and let die, and keep my mouth shut. Thats more like it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join