It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Phone Call

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
LOL... really?
You know so much of so little. It was a spoof attack. Many corps get these DAILY.

Cool.

So it deserved its own thread then?

-m0r

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

I know for sure it is an attack.

Usually when something like this happens the FBI is involved ABSOLUTLEY. You better be careful what your talking about as this may become classified information. And I'm sure you will see e-mails coming through which will talk about keeping your mouth shut and not talking about this to the public.

Just an FYI.

As soon as this blanket of calls were made to the users on your net it triggers a alert in your system which would usually lock down you system.

If not it may be to late.

They probe the phone systems fax systems and try to find the one nuckle head who has the weak pass word. Once they are into the door way the rest is pretty simple.

When I worked in the area we were forewarned about any e-mail we recieved which we did not know who it was from.We had strick orders to notifty IT and security and to not forward it or open it.

Once some of these are opend that would usually initiate the contact list probe and mass mailling to inboxes and usually would be the cover for stuff they were really after like

#1 secured network drives.
# 2 secondary unsecured net drives.

Alot of the time what you can obtain from reading a secured e-mail about a type of product your working on can give the enemy and Idea of what the need to counter the weapon system.

And from working with many from LM and Raytheon they are probed all the time and breachs sometimes get through.

The problem is they can never go after the hackers because they are coming in from China's universities.

The only thing they can do is pass the information up to the cyber command and try to track it and send down a spike and cripple the attacking host systems.

They can actually take down the attacking sytem. The problem is as soon as a unit is disabled. One is in the process of coming back on line.

Stay alert and stay alive.

Be careful what you talk about.
Loose lips sink ships.

Are you currently holding a security clearance?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
so if the phones are connected with everything else, isn't that little creepy?
what kind of information is stored at your work? if i may ask

do you think they got any thing out from your servers?

maybe it was a real big hack and you guys don't know it yet.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

True that. GAG.

And how about mentioning where you work and talking about a breach in security.

If this was a real breach and your speaking of it.

you will be in the security office.

Not to mention.

When I worked for a company whos name I will not mention but who worked with Raytheon and LM.

For you to have access to the internet was one thing. Usually a manager but to be one this site with a secured network would be a big no no.

It would be like going on the server and typing in an ip in china. Red lights would be flashing and you would be interrogated and the FBI woukld be on site and you would loose your clearance and they would push for charges.

This is no joke people I know.

Defense companies do not take this stuff lightly.

This can become a national security thing real quick.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
OP, obviously you didn't get the message. Lower level shills often have to receive it after it's passed down a few channels.

The "attack" was a test, they'll need you to be ready for a major event in the U.S. Stay logged in, they'll want you to be posting "from the inside" when it all goes down.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
To clarify. I do indeed work for company stated. I have no reason to lie or fabricate that. I agree with the comments to not be talking about it any further. It is a secuirty "incident" we are told. I have a copy of the E-Mail and will gladly post snip its of the "incident".

I'm really sorry that some of you find it joy full to attack my credentials as a Boeing employee. I am a lower level guy, as some have suggested. This was not a bragging thread. It was a "holy crap, that was an odd occurance". Re-Read the OP. I was not and am not bragging.

I am a proud defense employee, yes, that I brag about. To answer "your" question. I am very proud to partake in the defense of the nation I love and cherish. I feel that I am contributing to something great, the US Military. It is unmatched and is the Gold Standard of the entire World. It is also obvious that it is the target of ill intended comments and hatred. Did you ever think what the World would be like without the Defense companies?

Chaos. The World would be in absolute CHAOS. So go sit in your beatnik hippie drum circle and go pretend there aren't people out there plotting these fine United States demise. Go take another hit off the ol' bong.

Thank you for the nice posts and F U to the posts that attacked me. I was merely reporting news that I thought was neat. You don't like it, leave the forum. Is that so hard for some of you trolls? (AKA: America Bashers).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sorry if I am stating the obvious but have you run any of these numbers through reverse look up? I get a lot of scam calls from overseas and they seem to like Global Crossing servers (birds of a feather) based in NYC.
At the very least you can get point of origin and acct names.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Yes I have. Per our IT department.
"These are being spoofed via the Google Phone system".

That is all they are really saying that I am allowed to say. It's insane and I don't know why we can't talk about it?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Well my faith, at the minimum, has been shaken by the loose tongues at Boeing and their allowance to discuss this much.

I believe better investment may be elsewhere where such potential loopholes in security are plugged properly and where people understand the limitations of their job.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

To clarify. I do indeed work for company stated. I have no reason to lie or fabricate that. I agree with the comments to not be talking about it any further. It is a secuirty "incident" we are told. I have a copy of the E-Mail and will gladly post snip its of the "incident".

I'm really sorry that some of you find it joy full to attack my credentials as a Boeing employee. I am a lower level guy, as some have suggested. This was not a bragging thread. It was a "holy crap, that was an odd occurance". Re-Read the OP. I was not and am not bragging.

I am a proud defense employee, yes, that I brag about. To answer "your" question. I am very proud to partake in the defense of the nation I love and cherish. I feel that I am contributing to something great, the US Military. It is unmatched and is the Gold Standard of the entire World. It is also obvious that it is the target of ill intended comments and hatred. Did you ever think what the World would be like without the Defense companies?

Chaos. The World would be in absolute CHAOS. So go sit in your beatnik hippie drum circle and go pretend there aren't people out there plotting these fine United States demise. Go take another hit off the ol' bong.

Thank you for the nice posts and F U to the posts that attacked me. I was merely reporting news that I thought was neat. You don't like it, leave the forum. Is that so hard for some of you trolls? (AKA: America Bashers).

OP, how many times are you going claim to be an employee of Boeing? I dont know for sure but does your avatar show "just the left side" of a nazi flag? You have worked there how long and they still dont want you on day shift? Oh, thats right you are at work right now and you are using a boeing computer, or your handheld device to convey this us. Sorry

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Hey man, all you gotta do is report it.

There's plenty of Americans could do with the, and do a better, job.

It may be a bit out there to state that 9/11 happened because of the OP but loose tongues do sink ships.

Perhaps think about all the potentially dead people this thread will create if true.

I'm all for the OP having a job, but I don't think this is the best one for them - or us.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

As most of you know, I work at Boeing in the defense department. Anyway!

I came into work this morning and am looking at my phone.
"12 New Missed Calls"

Odd, I thought. So I asked my co-worker directly across from me if she received anything like this. She excitedly stated that the entire company (keep in mind over 6500+ employees here!), those with desks and phones received the calls multiple times.

There were no messages left by any of the calls. It appears that the area code is associated with Google's calling system. The area code is (760) (Mod, can I place the entire number?) If anyone would like to know the number to research it please PM me or reply so I can send it to you.

It really has us wondering if it was a mass hack attack or something less sinister.

Keep in mind, again, that I work for a defense contractor. This sort of thing just does not occur, as far as the phone calls go. Hacks happen every second of everyday but not calls!

Has anyone got any information on this? This dis info agent would greatly appreciate it.

I am originally from california. My mother a sister and a brother live in victorville california. The area code is..760. So I do not seee any sinister actions.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Nothing of a classified nature has been mentioned.
Fail. You fail bad.

Go be an arm chair lawyer somewhere else, troll.

Also this is about phone calls. Not clearance. Did I miss something?

Yes. I am posting from my desk. I am also adhering to the rules set here at work. Sorry, again, you fail.
edit on 23-2-2011 by NeverApologize because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Neverapologize, allow me to quote something you wrote on your very own profile page:

Leave some hate here. Just remember that my dis info will confuse, scare, and annoy you.

You'd have a lot more credibility here if you had never mentioned you work for Boeing. Take this personal if you want, but your history here has Government Shill written all over it.

I could be crazy though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join