It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophecy; Convinced Yet?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Christ has been returning since they first told the story he left.
All mythology and symbolism, no reality but in your heads.

Santa is coming back too next Christmas. The Easter Bunny will be here soon, he returns and
"behold a white rabbit, holding an egg of green and basket of peeps." Watch ye therefore ye know not when the bunny cometh.

Over the lies...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Uh.... what version of the bible are you using exactly? This is totally different than my old King James bible I got when I was a kid...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

convinced? not at all

interesting reading ill admit..but no more real than harry potter.

bible = fition

god = non existant

the things your showing us as "predictions" are things that would happen regardless.
wars, earthquakes etc etc. they have happened since the beginning of time..and will continue to happen.

screw religion.....science and mathematics FTW!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
24 26 33 41 02 15 are the winning lotter numbers, eventually i will be right. writing anything and calling it a prophecy, it is a given that it will eventually come true (for the most part). Especially when it is so vague.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
One cannot truly act selflessly if their ultimate driving force is to save themselves.

We're drifting off topic, so I apologize to the OP, but what you've written here is a restatement of the classic (as in "straight from the book"
) "Doctrine of Total Depravity", which is the basis for Protestantism. Martin Luther theorized that, as you say, everything just goes back to us doing things for our own self interest, so how could that be viewed as good? In the extreme, the belief is that everything that we do is foul in the eyes of God, for that very reason.

Hence the Protestant claim that we are saved through faith, and faith alone. Nothing that we do, beyond having faith (and even that comes courtesy of grace) contributes in any way to our salvation. Catholics, on the other hand, reject Total Depravity, and believe that we are saved through faith, but NOT through faith alone. Your works contribute.

(So why do Protestants say that we should still do good works, if it doesn't matter to salvation? Because regardless of what the motivation is, it still helps other people, and so the act is good, even if the reason for doing it isn't.)

Again, apologies for going a bit off topic, but I wanted to point out that your very valid concern is one that many of us have.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorWonder

lol...none of this has to do with god..almost all of this is proved by science..this is just pitiful

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

I am Muslim and disagree with you...I believe I will goto heaven as well as the rest of the God believing/fearing people on earth. I do not believe in one path only, I think that is short sided preaching and closes your mind off from free thinking (my religion has its short-sided stuff too, like no alchohol...come on). I dont like religions or churches dictating that you have to pay a percentage of your income to the church yearly, dont really agree with that one, kinda like buying your way into heaven. Now voluntary donations is just fine.

See a Muslim and a Christian (or whatever) can disagree without hatred...well I am hoping you dont respond with hatred or trying to convert me as I did not try to do this to you...

Regarding the versus I think you can apply them at anytime throughout history to almost anything, I do not see judgement day coming anytime soon given the atrocities of the last 1000 years, what makes us different in 2011 from 1190 or the dark ages???

Ahh well people will believe what they want...because it is their time. When we are gone in 100 years someone else will be quoting the same lines and saying end times are approaching or upon us...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Shdak
I just wanted to take a look at a few bible verses and give an opinion of my thoughts

Matthew 24:14:
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Bible has been preached throughout the world for a long time. But now, with the increasing worldwide availability of television and the Internet, there is greater potential for the Gospel to be preached to everyone, everywhere....

I am a believer and feel the time is indeed short before the tribulation begins. However, I take issue with the gospel of Christ being delivered by televangilists. Almost all I see on TV recently, in the name of Christ, is pure sacreligion, devoid of any truth and in fact anti-christ in nature.

Thats why I said "greater potential"

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
I just wanted to take a look at a few bible verses and give an opinion of my thoughts

Matthew 24:14:
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Bible has been preached throughout the world for a long time. But now, with the increasing worldwide availability of television and the Internet, there is greater potential for the Gospel to be preached to everyone, everywhere....

The Bible is a dead thing and even now the last pages are being read to the world. Once done, it will be cast away because it has become an idol which divides man. The Gospels contained within have been usurped and distorted and taken from being the tools of freedom, to the shackles which enslave mankind. This is an abomination before God. As proof, many have turned from the teachings of Christ, no, many have been driven away by force through the blasphemies uttered by his supposed followers.

The end draws near and soon the word of Christ will issue forth from the hearts of men as it was supposed to. The shackles which made them a slave will fall to the ground and rust and the Kings and Queens will rise again.

The end of the book draws near.

Turn the page...

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 24-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I've never been religious but i am seeing the prophecies coming true(which is quite scary) and i really wish something would happen because i can't stand this messed up world.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 15FORreal

Hardly anything to do with science mate.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This excerpt is for those who say “God shall not destroy us. We have neither heard nor seen Him. He only exists in the minds of men and in the pages of books”.

Letters From God and His Christ - Stricken

4/17/06 From God The Father and Jesus The Christ, Our Lord and Savior -

Hear the word of The Only Begotten Son of Glory and God: In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God. In the beginning was The Word, of which I AM... The same as God, by whom all these worlds are and were created.
Even you did We create in Our image, vessels and temples of Our spirit. You have desecrated and destroyed all We had given you, by which you have also destroyed yourselves. You say, “God shall not destroy us. We have neither heard nor seen Him. He only exists in the minds of men and in the pages of books”.

Thus says The Christ, The Word of God: You shall surely die! You have sealed your own fates by your evil arrogance and rejection of the Truth. I was sent to redeem and restore you to glory, yet you forbear and cast Me from you as cords about your necks. Do you not understand I have broken all the cords that bind you, and freed you from your chains of imprisonment? Yet you say, ‘Cast these cords from us’?...

edit on 24-2-2011 by matthewm because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by matthewm because: fixed the link in the quote

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by matthewm
This excerpt is for those who say “God shall not destroy us. We have neither heard nor seen Him. He only exists in the minds of men and in the pages of books”.

Letters From God and His Christ - Stricken

4/17/06 From God The Father and Jesus The Christ, Our Lord and Savior -

Hear the word of The Only Begotten Son of Glory and God: In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God. In the beginning was The Word, of which I AM... The same as God, by whom all these worlds are and were created.
Even you did We create in Our image, vessels and temples of Our spirit. You have desecrated and destroyed all We had given you, by which you have also destroyed yourselves. You say, “God shall not destroy us. We have neither heard nor seen Him. He only exists in the minds of men and in the pages of books”.

Thus says The Christ, The Word of God: You shall surely die! You have sealed your own fates by your evil arrogance and rejection of the Truth. I was sent to redeem and restore you to glory, yet you forbear and cast Me from you as cords about your necks. Do you not understand I have broken all the cords that bind you, and freed you from your chains of imprisonment? Yet you say, ‘Cast these cords from us’?...

edit on 24-2-2011 by matthewm because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by matthewm because: fixed the link in the quote

And this doesn't matter at all to a person who does not believe these myths to begin with.
So back at you with.

And in the time of Ragnarok

The Ragnarok, or end of the world, has been prophesied. When Mirmir no longer guards his well, Yggdrasil's root will begin to rot. The Nidhog dragon will finally succeed in knawing through the root that ends at Hvergelmer well. The Norns will be alarmed at the pollution of the Urdh well and the yellowing of the leaves of the world tree. Odin's sacrificed eye lies in Mirmir's well and sees what is to come. He knows that nothing can stop Fibulwinter, three years with endless winter, which will be followed by Ragnarok.
The days will grow colder until even Urda well freezes solid. Storm and sleet will pound the World-Tree. One of Yggdrasil's branches will break and fall, striking Jormungand, the world serpent, which immediately will let go of its tail. The Hel ship Naglfar will become visible in the mist. The wolves Skoll and Manegarm will get closer and closer to Sun and Moon, which they have chased for eons. Fenrir wolf and and the Hel-wolf Garm will break their chains. Giants will release Loki from his fetters on the mountain. Nidhoggr will leave the roots of Yggdrasil and head toward Asgard. Behind him will march all the Giants. Heimdall will see all this, and will take up the Gjallarhorn to blow the warning.
Loki will lead monsters and Giants to attack the Gods in the great battle of Ragnarok on Vigrid plain. The leader of the Fire Giants, Surt, will attack Freyr, who will be armed only with a deer's antler. Freyr will stick his deer horn through Surt's eye, but then Surt will kill him with his flaming sword. Thor's son Magni will send a killing arrow toward Nidhoggr's head. Side by side, Odin and Thor will fight Fenrir and Jormungand. Odin will put his spear, Gungnir, in Fenrir's chest, but the wolf will crush Odin to the ground. Thor will kill Jormungand with his hammer, Mjollnir, but then will take nine steps backwards and fall down, poisoned by the serpent's venom. Tyr will kill the wolf dog Garm. Vidar will take revenge for Odin. The enemies Loki and Heimdall will their spears at each other at the same time and both will die. Modi will be surrounded by Giants, but Magni and Vidar will rescue him.
The winds will increase and blow Yggdrasil from every direction until the great World-Tree falls. The Dark Elves forge will tip and the World-Tree will burn. The Bifrost Rainbow Bridge will collapse and one by one each of the Worlds will fall. The remaining Aesir will escape in Freyr's ship, Skidbladnir. It will be almost taken by the Hel-ship Naglfar. Midgard will then be destroyed by fire, and will sink back into the sea.
This final destruction will be followed by a rebirth, the Earth reemerging from the sea. Seven sons of the dead Aesir will return to Asgard and rule the universe.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The prophecy of the last days that Jesus spoke saying that nation will rise against nation actually uses the word, ethnos for nation. This is the same word from which ethnic is derived. The implication is actually tribal and ethnic conflict along with nation vs nation conflict.
Matthew 24:7

For nation [ethnic group] will rise against nation [ethnic group],
and kingdom [country] against kingdom [country]

A lot of the ethnic and tribal warfare would be in the form of civil war and that's exactly what we are seeing in an unprecedented scale. The world doesn't have much longer to go I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Amazing, I can't even read through 4 pages of posts on bible stuff without running into someone who just can't hold their tounge. People, YaHWeH is not a she, YaHWeH is the Heavenly father, completely seperate and opposite from God and any gods, and Hillel the devil who is his EX-wife.

The person who wrote this: "Yahweh is speaking through Her Powerful Right Arm via Her natural arsenal. " speaks no differently than any of the rest of you who have not a clue. It is so obvious for all the previous posters you don't have what it takes to read that bible. Someone programmed you that it takes a year or whatever to read it and it's too complicated or blah blah. But this person, knows more than all of you, and yet even so twists the truth to serve his/her master or Lord Hillel.

You are all confused and great citizens of babylon, which I know you don't know means: Confusion, or better yet decieved, just as revelations says you would be.

Quoting some scripture here and there, and yet none of you mentions the last days witness's mentioned from genesis to the last book, and none of you mention keeping YaHWeH's 613 perfect and unchanging laws of health, peace and Love. All of you words testify against you that you know nothing but what you Master has taught you.

I look and watch for a thread with even one grain of knowledge in it, and the best I've found on this website is the mention of His name, and of course the person attributes all power, anger and rath to yahweh who is supposed to be a she. Hillarious, but the closest I've found.

On another thread a minute ago, a person was saying how it was impossible to evacuate 1.5 million people, well aren't you all going to be suprised when you see 2 billion people making their way to the house of YaHWeH soon!!

I found the two witness's mentioned in rev chap 11, IsaYaH 44, 45, 46, 43, daniel and well on and on. And every single word written about them checks out and has been fulfilled. Also IsaYaH 2:2 which goes with micaYaH 4:4, the teacher of peace is and has been teaching, do you know how to find him, and do you have the guts to admit you are like 40 years behind in your studies?

Every single event that happens everyday with regard to prophecy and the ways of mankind has already been told to us, the students or seed of Yisrayl, and in the book of YaHWeH you are told over and over to look for this witness when you see all of these things in matithiYaH chap 24 happen with your own eyes, but did you look, and if you did, did you end up confused and pondering the left behind series.

I find it disturbing that a member of the tri-lateral group Timothy LaHaye knows more about the scriptures than all of you, and he's a high member of all the groups Alex told you to beware of.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by freedish

I am Muslim and disagree with you...I believe I will goto heaven as well as the rest of the God believing/fearing people on earth. I do not believe in one path only, I think that is short sided preaching and closes your mind off from free thinking (my religion has its short-sided stuff too, like no alchohol...come on). I dont like religions or churches dictating that you have to pay a percentage of your income to the church yearly, dont really agree with that one, kinda like buying your way into heaven. Now voluntary donations is just fine.

Dude I totally agree with you. Religion sucks! Now God on the other hand is amazing. God will never leave you, never fail you, will always listen to you, and loves you. Religion I can't say the same about. Religion guilt's, deceives, hates, murders, and steals.

Why is this? Because religion is man made. Unfortunately people commonly mistake religion for God. When Jesus was on earth He rebuked the pharisees who were the most knowledgeable about the Jewish law and tradition.

What gets you into heaven aint religion, nope not by a long shot. It's Jesus and Him only. Putting that extra hundred in the offering plate won't do it. Do you think God honestly cares about your money? No, he cares about your heart. And He loves us so He wants us to get in, and for free

edit on 25-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Something interesting I just connected earlier today.

I read that they begun to find the Dead Sea scrolls in 1947, I believe that was just about the year when Israel became a state again.

Anyways...I was reading that there was prophecies from Daniel not heard of before until that discovery...

"He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end."

Many believe Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 was a big signal to the countdown of the end times. They did have to become a nation to fulfill everything.

It's interesting the rest of Daniels prophecies were found later on, like they were sealed til the end times...
edit on 25-2-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

The prophecies are very open and could mean 100 diffrent things. Nobody has ever predicted anything..Thats like me saying

"in a place at somepoint in time with stuff in it there will be a flood'...it could mean a million diffrent things

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join