It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophecy; Convinced Yet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I just wanted to take a look at a few bible verses and give an opinion of my thoughts

Matthew 24:14:
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Bible has been preached throughout the world for a long time. But now, with the increasing worldwide availability of television and the Internet, there is greater potential for the Gospel to be preached to everyone, everywhere.

YES: HAPPENING

Matthew 24:23-25:
23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.
24 For false Christ’s and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.
25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

I see this all the time, many have claimed to be Christ, but I have not seen the one who creates great miracles

YES & NO: I have not seen the performance of great signs and miracles

Matthew 24:36-37:
36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

There are numerous peoples predicting when our lord may return

YES: HAPPENING and ON…GOING

Matthew 24:21-22:
21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened

NO: I do not think this has happened yet, the way I read this; is that if God does not come no one will survive.

Revelation 16:8:
The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire.

NO: This has not happened as of yet if you look at it as a solar storm, but more attention has been in the news lately on the possibilities, or is this a sign that represents the great heat waves we have seen in the last few years?
Matthew 24:7:
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Luke 21:11:
21 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

YES: We are hearing about earthquakes all the time, happening in diver places too, also things happening on the other planets, and our on Sun.

Matthew 24:6:
6 And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.

YES: this is on…going, and for many years, now we have uprisings in other countries happening. I do not know where this may lead to, but I’m sure the outcome will not be good. Its causing allot of unrest in other nations.

Daniel 12:4:
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

YES: just in the 40+ years of my life I have seen great increase of knowledge, Man sent to the moon, world traveling, great advances in technology, computers, TV, Satellites, space probes , DNA, etc…

Revelation 13:16-17
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

YES and NO: I believe this is in process of happening, we are being conditioned to this every day, more and more companies are requiring direct deposits, people are using electronic transfers to pay their debts, more people are using plastic debt cards or CC to pay for everyday things… we are being forced into this system like it or not.

...and I'm sure there is plenty more to look at, what your take on the subject?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
im goin to make this as short and as sweet as i can...i really enjoyed you post and agree with alot of it...now for the bad part there will be several people come to this thread to bash it and well you to. keep your head up and dont get mad b/c those people have to come online and do that b/c they are to scared to say stuff like that to peoples faces.
SnF for you my friend
edit on 22-2-2011 by Alucard666 because: to add

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
YES: We are hearing about earthquakes all the time, happening in diver places too, also things happening on the other planets, and our on Sun.

You think it has anything to do with the CHRISTchurch earthquake?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
and signs in the sun and moon and heavens......the moon is sending us telegraph messages with it's eclipses on feast days

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I agree that many signs of the end times either have been brought to light and occurred, or are in the process of occurring. It's obvious in more than enough ways and in more than enough interpretations such prophecies have been brought to light in one way shape or form- whether it be external or internal...it's happening.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As you pointed out, many prophecies are being fulfilled, even as we speak. We are living in historic times.

Our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ, the Almighty lamb of God, is returning soon to gather his people. Please be one of His people!

The gate to heaven is narrow.
Jesus IS the way.
There is no other way.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Interesting, whilst I'm not a believer in any organised religion, I do think there is something to be looked at in some of the predictions in the Bible. Having witnessed enough of the conventionally unexplained firsthand, I have little doubt in the ability to predict the future whether it's by subconscious reading of conditions or by some as yet unidentified ability in some/all people, so I would think it possible that even over such a vast swathe of human time it is likely that someone with such an ability would be able to foresee/read conditions enough to make a prediction if the subject of the event was going to be of large enough scale to have a global effect on consciousness or mass physicality.

I find your interpretation of the 'mark of the beast' to be an interesting one, and not something i had previously considered. Banking systems and the like would make some sense in a modern context. But by that definition what would that make the satan / antichrist figure if we look at it less literally and continue the metaphorical interpretation?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
NO!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainTrips

whoa! off topic and ignorant???? welcome to ats?!?!

By the way OP thanks for this I Agree and see that the signs are here.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The Lord has been speaking through His modern day prophets for the last seven years,

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Alucard666

I'm sure everyone has opinions, these are just mine, if someone wishes to bash it, it make no differance to me, that is their choice.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainTrips

So obviously not only are you a meathead, but you've only just learned what cannabis is? Obviously that's why you feel the need to make your name relate to it and reference it as often as possible. Maybe when you grow up a bit you'll realise that nobody cares you smoke it and in fact that the majority of people have done or still do.

Now if you were called Captain Crack Whore or something like that at least it would be mildly entertaining and original. I suggest you go rip up some more books and smoke your cheap dope and hope that when off your tits you are actually mildly funny and likeable, because at the moment it don't look good for you mate. hugs and kisses MM xxx

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Most of these things have been happening all the time. Thats generally why people always think its the end of days.

The other problem is if nothing happens then nothing is proven wrong and we continue waiting. I consider that most religions have to have a splash of vague to survive an attack of logic. Best thing I believe is to stop guessing and do the best with what we got; if its right we can't change it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but is there not a passage that also says there will scoffers, when warned about the last days? Just sayin'. . .

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I respect that i was giving a heads up as you can see they already started...but yes i do sit here watching these things unfold and not sure if i should be happy or scared maybe your right maybe science is but i know what i think buts another story for another time.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Revelation 13:16-17 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. YES and NO: I believe this is in process of happening, we are being conditioned to this every day, more and more companies are requiring direct deposits, people are using electronic transfers to pay their debts, more people are using plastic debt cards or CC to pay for everyday things… we are being forced into this system like it or not.

Very true. Most of my business is done this way. I don't even think I know what a check looks like anymore. Of course, all of this gives government an easier task of tracking people.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Most of us who read the "Revelation" are familiar with these verses.....and so what do you want us to do ?
kneel down and "repent" where we see a flood, hurricane, tornado coming ??

<<   2  3  4 >>

join